CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216253 times)

dwgbryant

doesn't anyone in Florida answer their phones? responding to 3 emails to call and I get answering machines. sheesh.
well I spoke too soon. just got off the phone with the owner in Yankeetown. she is reserving a camper for me and as soon as my deposit gets there and clears I can be in Florida as soon as I tie up loose ends, quit my job, and pack the Jeep.
Hey! Good news! Tolja it'd work out. ;-)
no credit check, no background check, and nothing was mentioned about smoking. told the owner about the work I do/did at camp and she wants to barter towards the rent. told her I'd be happy to help out and settle for oatmeal raisin cookies. she said she loved me and asked how soon I could get there.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1412 on: July 21, 2014, 10:52:13 AM »

Mornin' folks.
Morning AZ Dave!
'Sup, Shaun?
Sweating my balls off...95 and 85% humidity=heat index over 100 for the ND boys

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1413 on: July 21, 2014, 10:52:25 AM »

Morning, all.  Not quite ready for this Monday morning, but I guess that kinda applies to all of them.
Yo yo Joe joe

dwgbryant

« Reply #1414 on: July 21, 2014, 10:52:34 AM »

doesn't anyone in Florida answer their phones? responding to 3 emails to call and I get answering machines. sheesh.
well I spoke too soon. just got off the phone with the owner in Yankeetown. she is reserving a camper for me and as soon as my deposit gets there and clears I can be in Florida as soon as I tie up loose ends, quit my job, and pack the Jeep.
Nice Dean, what kind of time are you looking at?
ASAP, shooting for the end of August.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #1415 on: July 21, 2014, 10:52:58 AM »

Mornin' Joe, Will, Scott

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing

no credit check, no background check, and nothing was mentioned about smoking. told the owner about the work I do/did at camp and she wants to barter towards the rent. told her I'd be happy to help out and settle for oatmeal raisin cookies. she said she loved me and asked how soon I could get there.
New wife already Dean!?! ;)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1417 on: July 21, 2014, 10:53:17 AM »

Morning Dusty, Will, Joe, Bret

Hey there, Scott.  Had the growler of the wootstout last night... yikes.  13% ABV is no joke.  It was pretty good but incredibly thick/heavy.  I think I want to like these bourbon barrel stouts more than I actually do.

sfish

Sounds like more than one method of "barter" may occur down there

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1419 on: July 21, 2014, 10:54:24 AM »

I also have some trailers and campers for rent.  No background check or credit check.  I don't even need your name.  Just send cash and I'll reserve it for you.

sfish

« Reply #1420 on: July 21, 2014, 10:54:57 AM »

Mornin' folks.
Morning AZ Dave!
'Sup, Shaun?
Sweating my balls off...95 and 85% humidity=heat index over 100 for the ND boys
Sounds like some low-hanging fruit for sure

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #1421 on: July 21, 2014, 10:57:06 AM »

Boom!

sfish

« Reply #1422 on: July 21, 2014, 10:57:39 AM »

Hey there, Scott.  Had the growler of the wootstout last night... yikes.  13% ABV is no joke.  It was pretty good but incredibly thick/heavy.  I think I want to like these bourbon barrel stouts more than I actually do.
I find them to be a bit much myself, even the Yeti was pushing it for me. Not so much the abv portion just seems the higher the abv the thicker/heavier, more potent the flavors. I want to taste the good flavors, not be dominated by them

sfish

« Reply #1423 on: July 21, 2014, 10:59:33 AM »

I also have some trailers and campers for rent.  No background check or credit check.  I don't even need your name.  Just send cash and I'll reserve it for you.
"Who are you?" Camper? Your name's not on my list, in fact I don't have a list, GFY!

sfish

« Reply #1424 on: July 21, 2014, 11:00:40 AM »

I find them to be a bit much myself, even the Yeti was pushing it for me. Not so much the abv portion just seems the higher the abv the thicker/heavier, more potent the flavors. I want to taste the good flavors, not be dominated by them
I'm finding that 8.5% - 10.5% is my comfort zone
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 136