CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216241 times)

dwgbryant

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1185 on: July 19, 2014, 08:21:36 AM »

JdN Antano robusto and coffee, with a very tired lady.
Did I miss something?  Something for the win category??  Dean certainly has a knack for leaving those cliffhangers out there.
yes he does need to elaborate a little, it would be good to hear some good news lately, I wouldn't mind a nice fairy tale about one of his avi girls being rich and wanting to move in with him.
Just a wet dream, nothing to see here so keep moving.
promiscuousness, anticipation, and expectations are highly overrated. especially when they say "I gotta take my bottom teeth out". hahaha.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #1186 on: July 19, 2014, 08:59:07 AM »

I have to watch the damn golf with the sound off.  Mike Tirico is the stupidest most obnoxious ass hole on earth and Curtis Strange is a close second.
Please, he's not even the most obnoxious on that network. That title goes to Stuart Scott. Haha.
Sounds like it's a good thing that I don't watch golf on TV.

Just have to turn the sound off, I pretty much only watch the Majors myself.  Main reason I am watching this one is because my son's friend Is in 2nd place.
He's friends with Rickie Fowler? Have your son tell him to put on a normal size hat. ;)
I was noticing the hat myself thinking how stupid it looked but of course they wear what they are paid to wear and nothing else period the end.  He is a lot older than Fowler (who neither my son or I can stand) and to my knowledge not close to him.  Looks like he has run the wheels off now, has struggled since hooking up with the ultra hot hockey babe. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #1187 on: July 19, 2014, 09:17:55 AM »

Sheesh!  Guess I will go walk the dogs.  Man the last 3 days have been dead around here.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #1188 on: July 19, 2014, 09:19:11 AM »

I have to watch the damn golf with the sound off.  Mike Tirico is the stupidest most obnoxious ass hole on earth and Curtis Strange is a close second.
Please, he's not even the most obnoxious on that network. That title goes to Stuart Scott. Haha.
Sounds like it's a good thing that I don't watch golf on TV.

Just have to turn the sound off, I pretty much only watch the Majors myself.  Main reason I am watching this one is because my son's friend Is in 2nd place.
He's friends with Rickie Fowler? Have your son tell him to put on a normal size hat. ;)
I was noticing the hat myself thinking how stupid it looked but of course they wear what they are paid to wear and nothing else period the end.  He is a lot older than Fowler (who neither my son or I can stand) and to my knowledge not close to him.  Looks like he has run the wheels off now, has struggled since hooking up with the ultra hot hockey babe.
What, did he hook up with her last night?!? He's on fire today!

TruDog

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • ...WooF...
« Reply #1189 on: July 19, 2014, 10:05:50 AM »

Did I miss something?  Something for the win category??  Dean certainly has a knack for leaving those cliffhangers out there.
yes he does need to elaborate a little, it would be good to hear some good news lately, I wouldn't mind a nice fairy tale about one of his avi girls being rich and wanting to move in with him.
promiscuousness, anticipation, and expectations are highly overrated. especially when they say "I gotta take my bottom teeth out". hahaha.
...DeanO, get'N jiGGy wiff It...

dwgbryant

« Reply #1190 on: July 19, 2014, 10:06:49 AM »

...DeanO, get'N jiGGy wiff It...
not really CraigDog. hahaha.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #1191 on: July 19, 2014, 10:06:56 AM »

Good morning kids...!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #1192 on: July 19, 2014, 10:09:59 AM »

Morning BD and Dog.

TruDog

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • ...WooF...
« Reply #1193 on: July 19, 2014, 10:20:20 AM »

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #1194 on: July 19, 2014, 10:26:54 AM »

It looks like it's going to be bacon 'n eggs for breakfast today... yum...!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #1195 on: July 19, 2014, 10:33:25 AM »

Sure sounds better than my pop tarts.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #1196 on: July 19, 2014, 10:36:32 AM »

Do you guys write the expiration date on your eggs with a sharpie when storing them in the egg bin, or is that just me...?

TruDog

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • ...WooF...
« Reply #1197 on: July 19, 2014, 10:40:09 AM »

...Yo LTG, glazed with sprinkles?...

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #1198 on: July 19, 2014, 10:46:01 AM »

Good morning guys.
Good Morning LSU.  How is it going with your Mom?
I will just say she is progressing but the sudden interests of one of my 3 brothers is getting ready to boil over and get really ugly, my 3 brothers totally abandoned her since my fathers passing 7 + years ago and have been holiday visitors only leaving her total care and property needs left to me and my family, of course all of a sudden he doesn't agree with any of her decisions and wants to take total control of her and her life now. The one thing no one talked about when you are younger is what families go through with the aging process, it's expensive, physically wears families out and gets to be really ugly and no one really talks about it. The bad thing is that he and I share power of attorney over my mother so I can see heads locking very shortly on her future care and her assets. It's not a money issue at all since the woman has more cash than she can ever spend and all he wants to do is for her to get rid of all the family property that has been here since the middle 1800's. I just know I want to go really quickly like my father and not put this kind of strain on my wife and children down the road which I know really isn't that far off.
You're right Chip, this is something that is rarely properly planned for and usually brings out the worst in some people.  Difficult with that joint power of attorney....that's why it is preferred to be with only one person (for better or worse)
Back story on her reasoning, she trusts us both but a close family friend gave power of attorney to one of his children and the first time he got sick and was in the hospital, the son sold all his property and took all of his money and the man was left with nothing after he got out of the hospital fully recovered and he couldn't do anything about it because the other brothers shared the money so he was left with no recourse. Money sometimes creates monsters that you had no idea could exist, this scared her and she didn't want this to happen to her so we have two as check and balance for her well being.
im sure they all feel like they are good sons and probably appreciate what you and the family do for her. It's time to focus on your mom and her needs. If everyone knows when the time comes all will be divided equally and if she wants specific things done, that they will be. I was recently upset with my sister who has been living off my mom for years (a la deadbeat). My issue is more about just and equal dealings for my kids for now and when the time comes. I told my sister what I was feeling and the issue has been resolved (for now). I wish only the best for all your family.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #1199 on: July 19, 2014, 10:46:40 AM »

Morning, men.  What's on fire?
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 136