jswaykos

« Reply #285 on: July 08, 2014, 03:12:32 PM »

Gotta drive to Naco....shit. See y'all later.

Looks like one of the most uninteresting places in the country:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naco,_Arizona

Later, Dave.
What do you mean, it has the oldest continuously operating golf course in AZ.  That's fuukin' fascinating.

Cheap summer greens fees, I bet.  Happy Birthday, BTW.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/8/2014
« Reply #286 on: July 08, 2014, 03:13:17 PM »

Sorry for the sketchy recaps today guys but one of the girls working today got a phone call telling her that her mother had passed.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/8/2014
« Reply #287 on: July 08, 2014, 03:14:54 PM »

Since Mother Nature hates me and rained everywhere around me but at my house it's time to go cut some more %#*^%# ^*}%^*+ grass.

« Reply #288 on: July 08, 2014, 03:16:02 PM »

Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
My bad, may not be the case with the shipping but there was a $1 shipping banner up and looks like it's just for the "sale" stuff
Nice.  Be a while before I need to restock these but like seeing the relatively low prices out there.  Was there some sort of deal on these at CigarFed in the past week or so?  Seen a few people referencing one...
Paid $116 for a bundle. Took them 8 days just to get them out of the warehouse. Got 'em yesterday. It looked like the packing material came out of the trash can. Cigars are fine, tho and it wasn't like I was out.
Tell me again how you got them for $116?  I had to pay $121.45. You had a gift card or something?

The packing material was wadded up cellophane. I dunno, probably as good as anything else, but Dusty's right, the long ship time and the improvised shipping material didn't leave a great impression.

And also - NR bundles are $112.05 at Famous after the catsrule coupon.
But you have to backorder.

So backorder and smoke something else in the mean time!  Actually didn't even notice that part about it.  What's a few extra bucks over a bundle/box of cigars, anyway?  I'd hit 'em a few times on the Jam/Cigar Monster before biting the bullet with an entire bundle so I'm set for a while on 'em.  Maybe I'll have one tonight.  Seems like some sort of discussion always influences my cigar choice, which is strange considering that this is a cigar forum.
I am still hesitant to try one.  They have a similar wrapper in comparisons sake to the LP9 right? (I'm a T52 guy, don't like the 9)
IMHO, a very, very different cigar than the LP9 I had last week.

I will disagree a little bit, here.  I think there are definite similarities to the LP9.  I think the LP9 is a much better cigar than the NR but it should be considering the price difference.  I think the NR is a true "poor man's" LP9, which is what the Undercrown was pitched as initially.  Not that it's a cheap cigar by any means.

And I would certainly say that the NR is closer to the LP9 than the T52.

IMO, no offense, etc.
You'd know better than I.  I've only had the one LP9, and thought it much subtler, perhaps more refined.  But the NR seems to have some different flavor qualities as well.  I could be wrong.  Like I said, I've only had one LP9.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #289 on: July 08, 2014, 03:18:12 PM »

[...]

It's all subjective, anyway.  All the more reason for someone to buy a single and try it.

« Reply #290 on: July 08, 2014, 03:23:34 PM »

[...]

Enablers! ;)

« Reply #291 on: July 08, 2014, 03:26:37 PM »

At least we are taking about cigars today!  So, what beers or spirits have you guys had lately?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #292 on: July 08, 2014, 03:29:10 PM »

At least we are taking about cigars today!  So, what beers or spirits have you guys had lately?

Too many spirits to list with the 'tasting'/bottle share over the weekend...

Beer highlights from the past week are Port Brewing "Board Meeting", Stone Bourbon Barrel Aged Arrogant Bastard, and Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin.

« Reply #293 on: July 08, 2014, 03:40:16 PM »

At least we are taking about cigars today!  So, what beers or spirits have you guys had lately?

Too many spirits to list with the 'tasting'/bottle share over the weekend...

Beer highlights from the past week are Port Brewing "Board Meeting", Stone Bourbon Barrel Aged Arrogant Bastard, and Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin.
I hope we get that Sculpin in our area.  I will pick some up when I get some Surly...hopefully later this week, just need to trek over to MN.

« Reply #294 on: July 08, 2014, 04:00:45 PM »

Anyone else getting an error message on the jam?

« Reply #295 on: July 08, 2014, 04:05:21 PM »

Looks like it's back now.  Not that it I was going to hit the AB's, but still.
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #296 on: July 08, 2014, 04:06:33 PM »

Anyone else getting an error message on the jam?
Its been happing to me off and on .  happy bday mark ! .

« Reply #297 on: July 08, 2014, 04:21:40 PM »

Sorry for the sketchy recaps today guys but one of the girls working today got a phone call telling her that her mother had passed.
That's awful.  Sorry to hear it.  I was just about to complain how much work sucks but I guess things could always be worse.

« Reply #298 on: July 08, 2014, 04:24:41 PM »

Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Yes.

« Reply #299 on: July 08, 2014, 04:25:20 PM »

Anyone else getting an error message on the jam?
Its been happing to me off and on .  happy bday mark ! .
Me too.