CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: 7/7/2014  (Read 58393 times)

dogdays

Re: 7/7/2014
« Reply #285 on: July 07, 2014, 09:12:54 PM »

Sorry Guy's

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #286 on: July 07, 2014, 09:14:23 PM »

Evening, men.  Guess I'll smoke a cigar.
Evening Will, DL Africa going here.
Hey JR, how's that DL Africa going?

Johnny

« Reply #287 on: July 07, 2014, 09:16:15 PM »

Evening, men.  Guess I'll smoke a cigar.
Evening Will, DL Africa going here.
Hey JR, how's that DL Africa going?
Howdy Steve,DL is a good cigar,I always kept these in the Salomon size then just quit buying them for some reason.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #288 on: July 07, 2014, 09:16:20 PM »

Anyone who has been to CF the last couple years & spent time with Banter BOTLs, watch this video & say who the Toyota forklift employee reminds you of, in voice, face & body type.
I haven't been to CF, I've only talked to one BOTL (Ken) on the phone, and I haven't looked ahead to see if you've already identified who you're talking about.  If I was going to just guess based on the personality as revealed in messages and posts, I'd guess Barry.  Guy in the video talks how I imagine Barry talks.
Nailed it, minus the tats, stretched earlobe & long beard.
I love when I'm right. Doesn't happen that often.
Funny thing about that, Raz. When I was at my first CF last year, I came out of the Galleria building and saw these two guys talking.  Never met them in person, but immediately "knew" who they were: Barry & CB/Mike.  As we were talking I saw these guys walking up the drive towards us, still 50 yds away and I said, "There's Dean & Jeff (Sooner)." Never met 'em before in my life.  But from that I realized that you really do get to know the guys here on the banter on one level or another.
you got me thinking. I am terrible at names, I always know people by face recognition. Here it's very different, meeting Marker and KC seemed natural after talking on the phone and seeing kc on his dvd's. I'm anxious to meet other BOTL from here. 

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #289 on: July 07, 2014, 09:17:30 PM »

Sorry Guy's
You're forgiven.  Now for your penance, pray one Our Father.

glassken

« Reply #290 on: July 07, 2014, 09:17:59 PM »

Anyone who has been to CF the last couple years & spent time with Banter BOTLs, watch this video & say who the Toyota forklift employee reminds you of, in voice, face & body type.
I haven't been to CF, I've only talked to one BOTL (Ken) on the phone, and I haven't looked ahead to see if you've already identified who you're talking about.  If I was going to just guess based on the personality as revealed in messages and posts, I'd guess Barry.  Guy in the video talks how I imagine Barry talks.
Funny thing about that, Raz. When I was at my first CF last year, I came out of the Galleria building and saw these two guys talking.  Never met them in person, but immediately "knew" who they were: Barry & CB/Mike.  As we were talking I saw these guys walking up the drive towards us, still 50 yds away and I said, "There's Dean & Jeff (Sooner)." Never met 'em before in my life.  But from that I realized that you really do get to know the guys here on the banter on one level or another.
All this is at an event with 3,000 attendees on that day.  It was around noon.  Then we called Ken to make sure of his daughter's name & spelling, so Shorty Rossi could personally autograph his book that Dean bought for Ken's daughter.  So Ken was present to the group ... by phone.  It was really cool.  So you being able to "imagine" how Barry might speak is not too far fetched.
Sly, it was very cool! Thanks again, and I think I got to talk to CB also? I think.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #291 on: July 07, 2014, 09:18:01 PM »

Oooh! Boxes! From CigarFed and Steve!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #292 on: July 07, 2014, 09:18:58 PM »

WTF is the emoji that got put in my last post? Sheesh.

dogdays

« Reply #293 on: July 07, 2014, 09:20:05 PM »

Sorry Guy's
LOL ! .

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #294 on: July 07, 2014, 09:20:41 PM »

you got me thinking. I am terrible at names, I always know people by face recognition. Here it's very different, meeting Marker and KC seemed natural after talking on the phone and seeing kc on his dvd's. I'm anxious to meet other BOTL from here.
That's it.  David, I hope you have a real nice vacation.  Safe travel, buddy.

glassken

« Reply #295 on: July 07, 2014, 09:20:42 PM »

Some type of emoticon that did not take?? No idea, really!

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #296 on: July 07, 2014, 09:21:16 PM »

Sorry Guy's
LOL ! .
DD, I think he was serious.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #297 on: July 07, 2014, 09:22:55 PM »

That's it.  David, I hope you have a real nice vacation.  Safe travel, buddy.
thanx sly, I hope to post a few pix, we got wifi in the condo.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #298 on: July 07, 2014, 09:24:06 PM »

Some type of emoticon that did not take?? No idea, really!
emoticon! That's what you take for diarrhea

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #299 on: July 07, 2014, 09:24:14 PM »

All this is at an event with 3,000 attendees on that day.  It was around noon.  Then we called Ken to make sure of his daughter's name & spelling, so Shorty Rossi could personally autograph his book that Dean bought for Ken's daughter.  So Ken was present to the group ... by phone.  It was really cool.  So you being able to "imagine" how Barry might speak is not too far fetched.
Sly, it was very cool! Thanks again, and I think I got to talk to CB also? I think.
It was like a reunion & you were present by phone.  At that point it was CB, Barry, Dean, Jeff & me (and my friend, EJ).
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24