Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2023, 03:19:57 PM »

Today's Over/Under is 10
Raz Over/Under is 16
8. And you even pointed out the coinky dink, which is substantial today.
Semi-coinky-dink. Michael Dolan co-starred in the film "Light of Day" with Michael J Fox, who had starred in the sitcom "Family Ties" with Michael Gross and Meredith Baxter.

June 19th birthday girl Gena Rowlands also co-starred in "Light of Day."

More semi-coinky-dink: the film was written by Paul Schrader and was originally called "Born in the USA," and Schrader wanted Bruce Springsteen to star in it. Springsteen declined, but stole the name for his 1984 album. For the Springsteen tour in support of the album, birthday boy Nils Lofgren replaced Steve Van Zandt as guitarist in the E Street Band.

And as an apology to Schrader for stealing the name of the film, Springsteen wrote the song "Light of Day" which gave the new name to the film.
Interesting. I picked up the autobiography of Stevie a couple months ago. Haven't gotten to it yet though, because my purchasing pace far outweighs my reading pace.
I recently saw an interview with Van Zandt, in which he admitted that quitting the E Street Band on the cusp of the "Born in the USA" tour was "career suicide." He missed out on millions of dollars and massive fame.
Grass is always greener.

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2023, 03:27:05 PM »

[...]

I recently saw an interview with Van Zandt, in which he admitted that quitting the E Street Band on the cusp of the "Born in the USA" tour was the dumbest career move he ever made. He missed out on millions of dollars.
I can certainly imagine.

John Krasinski of The Office fame said something similar about the shots of Scranton he made on a trip to the town that he sold to the creator of the show for peanuts, the shots which appear in the opening credits (which he originally offered for free, but Greg Daniels insisted he be paid something). 200+ episodes and millions paid for streaming rights later, he said it's the worst financial deal he's ever made.

EDIT: Correction - 188 episodes
Yea, but he has Emily Blunt.

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2023, 03:50:30 PM »

[...]

An admittedly fair trade off.

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2023, 03:59:18 PM »

Over the hump!

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2023, 04:13:48 PM »

Wordle 732 3/6

⬛🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2023, 07:58:11 PM »

Starting the evening with an octopus.
Thanks for the enable Tony.

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2023, 08:51:12 PM »

Starting the evening with an octopus.
Thanks for the enable Tony.
Sure is fancy looking.

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2023, 09:08:13 PM »

LGC

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2023, 09:11:07 PM »

Starting the evening with an octopus.
Thanks for the enable Tony.
Curious to hear your thoughts.

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2023, 09:13:31 PM »

Starting the evening with an octopus.
Thanks for the enable Tony.
Brad was just smoking one and he texted me the following...

Solid medium stick with notes of cocoa and cardamom.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]