CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 10, 2020, 12:33:29 AM

Title: 7/10/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on July 10, 2020, 12:33:29 AM
It's Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 05:34:27 AM
Friday!
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 05:58:24 AM
Friday!
It sure is... I think. Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 06:07:41 AM
Friday!
It sure is... I think. Good morning, Dave.
You can't be faulted for not being sure. Stupid 2020.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 10, 2020, 06:20:34 AM
good morning Dave and Tony.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 10, 2020, 06:21:45 AM
going to miss the farm and family. heading back as soon as I load up and say my goodbyes.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 06:39:38 AM
going to miss the farm and family. heading back as soon as I load up and say my goodbyes.
Sounds like you had a nice week. Safe travels, Deano.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 06:43:54 AM
going to miss the farm and family. heading back as soon as I load up and say my goodbyes.
Sounds like you had a nice week. Safe travels, Deano.
Ditto.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 08:16:15 AM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 08:57:46 AM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
Come on, Tony. They ARE Fair and Balanced, after all. ;)
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 09:29:37 AM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
Come on, Tony. They ARE Fair and Balanced, after all. ;)
Yup, Fairly wacko and Off-Balanced...
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 09:30:33 AM
Good travels Deano.  Sounds like a successful visit....except for the turkeys....
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 09:31:06 AM
Morning SwelteringDave and TropicalStormTony.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 09:32:16 AM
Morning SwelteringDave and TropicalStormTony.
AC has already kicked on this morning. Supposed to get some relief this evening in the form of some storms, we'll see. I think it ran in the afternoon/early evening yesterday for 6 straight hours.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 09:32:19 AM
Good cigars at the Sis' daily offering.  Perdomo 10 Anniversary have gotten so expensive, they only offer them as 5ers to make it seem reasonable.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 10, 2020, 09:33:24 AM
Safe travels Dean.
Good morning Tony and Dave.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 09:35:37 AM
Today is Friday, July 10, the 192nd day of 2020. There are 174 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On July 10, 1940, during World War II, the Battle of Britain began as the Luftwaffe started attacking southern England. (The Royal Air Force was ultimately victorious.)

On this date:
In 1908, William Jennings Bryan was nominated for president by the Democratic national convention in Denver.
In 1919, President Woodrow Wilson personally delivered the Treaty of Versailles (vehr-SY’) to the Senate and urged its ratification. (However, the Senate rejected it.)

In 1925, jury selection took place in Dayton, Tennessee, in the trial of John T. Scopes, charged with violating the law by teaching Darwin’s Theory of Evolution. (Scopes was convicted and fined, but the verdict was overturned on a technicality.)
In 1951, armistice talks aimed at ending the Korean War began at Kaesong.

In 1973, the Bahamas became fully independent after three centuries of British colonial rule. John Paul Getty III, the teenage grandson of the oil tycoon, was abducted in Rome by kidnappers who cut off his ear when his family was slow to meet their ransom demands; Getty was released in December 1973 for nearly $3 million.
In 1991, Boris N. Yeltsin took the oath of office as the first elected president of the Russian republic. President George H.W. Bush lifted economic sanctions against South Africa.

n 1992, a New York jury found Pan Am guilty of willful misconduct and responsible for allowing a terrorist bomb to destroy Flight 103 in 1988, killing 270 people, opening the way for civil lawsuits.
In 1999, the United States women’s soccer team won the World Cup, beating China 5-4 on penalty kicks after 120 minutes of scoreless play at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.

In 2002, The House approved, 310-113, a measure to allow airline pilots to carry guns in the cockpit to defend their planes against terrorists (President George W. Bush later signed the measure into law).
In 2004, President George W. Bush said in his weekly radio address that legalizing gay marriage would redefine the most fundamental institution of civilization, and that a constitutional amendment was needed to protect traditional marriage.

In 2005, a search-and-rescue team found the body of a missing U.S. commando in eastern Afghanistan, bringing an end to the desperate search for the last member of an ill-fated, four-man special forces unit that had disappeared the previous month.
In 2018, a daring rescue mission in Thailand was completed successfully, as the last four of the 12 boys who were trapped in a flooded cave for more than two weeks were brought to safety along with their soccer coach; the other eight had been brought out in the two preceding days.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 09:36:51 AM
Ten years ago: Robotic submarines removed a leaking cap from a gushing oil well in the Gulf of Mexico, sending crude flowing freely into the sea until BP installed a new seal that stopped the oil days later. Australia’s Todd Woodbridge and Mark Woodforde headed a class of seven inductees into the International Tennis Hall of Fame. Grammy-winning country singer Carrie Underwood married NHL player Mike Fisher at a resort in Greensboro, Georgia.

Five years ago: Katherine Archuleta, the embattled head of the government’s Office of Personnel Management, abruptly stepped down, bowing to mounting pressure following the unprecedented breach of private information her agency was entrusted to protect. To the cheers of thousands, South Carolina pulled the Confederate flag from its place of honor at the Statehouse after more than 50 years. Actor Omar Sharif, 83, died in Cairo. Actor Roger Rees, 71, died in New York. Opera singer Jon Vickers, 88, died in Ontario, Canada.

One year ago: Britain’s ambassador to the United States, Kim Darroch, resigned following the leak of diplomatic cables that reflected his unflattering opinions about the Trump administration. Fans packed New York City’s Canyon of Heroes for a parade honoring the U.S. women’s national soccer team, winner of the women’s World Cup. Former New York Yankees pitcher Jim Bouton, who exposed the off-field carousing of former teammates including Mickey Mantle in his tell-all book “Ball Four,” died at his Massachusetts home at the age of 80. The independent Atlantic League became the first American professional baseball league to let a computer call balls and strikes at its All-Star Game in York, Pa.
Today’s Birthdays: Former New York City Mayor David N. Dinkins is 93. Actor William Smithers is 93.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 09:41:55 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Former New York City Mayor David N. Dinkins is 93.
Actor William Smithers is 93.
Actor Lawrence Pressman is 81.
Singer Mavis Staples is 81.
Actor Mills Watson is 80.
Actor Robert Pine is 79.
Rock musician Jerry Miller (Moby Grape) is 77. International Tennis Hall of Famer Virginia Wade is 75.
Folk singer Arlo Guthrie is 73.
musician Dave Smalley is 71.
Country-folk singer-songwriter Cheryl Wheeler is 69.
Rock singer Neil Tennant (Pet Shop Boys) is 66.
Banjo player Bela Fleck is 62.
Actress Fiona Shaw is 62.
Country musician Shaw Wilson (BR549) is 60.
Bluegrass singer-musician Tim Surrett (Balsam Range) is 57.
Actor Alec Mapa is 55.
Country singer-songwriter Ken Mellons is 55.
Rock musician Peter DiStefano (Porno for Pyros) is 55.
Actor Gale Harold is 51.
Country singer Gary LeVox (leh-VOH’) (Rascal Flatts) is 50.
Actor Aaron D. Spears is 49.
Actress Sofia Vergara is 48.
Rockabilly singer Imelda May is 46.
Actor Adrian Grenier (grehn-YAY’) is 44.
Actor Chiwetel Ejiofor (CHOO’-ih-tehl EHJ’-ee-oh-for) is 43.
Actress Gwendoline Yeo is 43.
Actor Thomas Ian Nicholas is 40.
Singer-actress Jessica Simpson is 40.
Rock musician John Spiker is 39.
Actress Heather Hemmens is 36.
Actress Emily Skeggs (TV: “When We Rise”) is 30.
Rapper/singer Angel Haze is 29.
Pop singer Perrie Edwards (Little Mix) is 27.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 09:46:37 AM
Shame that Dr. Fauci made a lot of mistakes...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-fauci-made-a-lot-of-mistakes/ar-BB16zNYS?ocid=msedgntp
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 10, 2020, 09:49:36 AM
TGIF
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 09:50:00 AM
Shame that Dr. Fauci made a lot of mistakes...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-fauci-made-a-lot-of-mistakes/ar-BB16zNYS?ocid=msedgntp
I continue to be amazed about his ability to say anything, literally anything, so completely false and nonsensical, and have his lemmings just eat it up. I think if he said the moon were made of cheese, they'd immediately want to fund a NASA mission with a payload of nothing but wine.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 09:50:15 AM
TGIF
A fine smoke. Morning, Oy.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 10, 2020, 09:52:35 AM
TGIF
A fine smoke. Morning, Oy.
Not my first choice for morning cigar.
Good morning OY and Clemson Dave
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 10:02:14 AM
Good morning, ClemsonDave, Rick, and OYDave.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 10, 2020, 10:14:30 AM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
You'd be advised to pay attention to Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, depressing as it seems.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 10, 2020, 10:15:26 AM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
Come on, Tony. They ARE Fair and Balanced, after all. ;)
Yup, Fairly wacko and Off-Balanced...
(https://media.tenor.com/images/47f0650d57407c2361c2b40febc7212a/tenor.gif)
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 10:17:40 AM
Everybody in Texas is getting into the act...

"A dog in Tarrant County, Texas, was confirmed to have SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 in humans, according to federal officials and the Texas Animal Health Commission.

The dog was tested after its owners were confirmed to have the coronavirus, the animal health commission said."
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 10:18:29 AM
TGIF
Morning Oy, indeed!
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 10:19:21 AM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
You'd be advised to pay attention to Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, depressing as it seems.
LALTS
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 10:19:49 AM
Morning GreenAllTheWayBean.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 10:20:25 AM
Was afraid we'd be suffering from a bit of On The Road Again Lull.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 10, 2020, 10:21:42 AM
Good morning, LeftyKoolaidDrinkingSheepleSnowflakes.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 10:29:19 AM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
You'd be advised to pay attention to Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, depressing as it seems.
How about when he contradicts himself? I'm not that smart to keep it all straight.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 10:29:56 AM
Good morning, LeftyKoolaidDrinkingSheepleSnowflakes.
You forgot to work in something about Hillary, but close enough. Alex Jones would be proud.  ;D
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 10:30:25 AM
Good morning, LeftyKoolaidDrinkingSheepleSnowflakes.
Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 10:31:31 AM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
You'd be advised to pay attention to Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, depressing as it seems.
How about when he contradicts himself? I'm not that smart to keep it all straight.
When that happens, just remember that we've always been at war with Eastasia.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: razgueado on July 10, 2020, 10:36:52 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 10:37:17 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret.

Any cigars on the agenda for this weekend?
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 10, 2020, 10:45:02 AM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
You'd be advised to pay attention to Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, depressing as it seems.
I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 10, 2020, 10:47:11 AM
How are those Perdomo lot 23 Connecticut's? One cigar I have not had and I'm a huge Connecticut game for morning cigar with coffee.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 10:48:25 AM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
You'd be advised to pay attention to Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, depressing as it seems.
I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
I try to find news that isn't editorialized but that is not an easy task. I believe both extremes are ridiculous.

Also agree in keeping politics out of here but at the same time I'm not going to censor the posts, despite popular opinion.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 10:50:26 AM
How are those Perdomo lot 23 Connecticut's? One cigar I have not had and I'm a huge Connecticut game for morning cigar with coffee.
I used to enjoy the never ending Lot 23 but I cannot specifically recall the connie. I think it's worth a try. Perdomo stuff is generally impeccably constructed.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 10:54:21 AM

I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
I try to find news that isn't editorialized but that is not an easy task. I believe both extremes are ridiculous.

Also agree in keeping politics out of here but at the same time I'm not going to censor the posts, despite popular opinion.

However, it helps the post count when we are not given a quote of the day to make fun of.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 10:57:43 AM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
You'd be advised to pay attention to Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, depressing as it seems.
I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
I try to find news that isn't editorialized but that is not an easy task. I believe both extremes are ridiculous.

Also agree in keeping politics out of here but at the same time I'm not going to censor the posts, despite popular opinion.
There IS a popular opinion?
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 10:59:40 AM

I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
I try to find news that isn't editorialized but that is not an easy task. I believe both extremes are ridiculous.

Also agree in keeping politics out of here but at the same time I'm not going to censor the posts, despite popular opinion.

However, it helps the post count when we are not given a quote of the day to make fun of.
They stopped putting them on the "Today in History AP" after they put one up from Jefferson Davis the week of Juneteenth.  I'm too lazy to look up appropriate quotes each day.  Maybe on special occasions.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 10:59:43 AM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
You'd be advised to pay attention to Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, depressing as it seems.
I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
I try to find news that isn't editorialized but that is not an easy task. I believe both extremes are ridiculous.

Also agree in keeping politics out of here but at the same time I'm not going to censor the posts, despite popular opinion.
There IS a popular opinion?
I have been accused of censorship. I let people believe what they want. Between you and me, I have no time to police the site.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 10, 2020, 11:00:18 AM
Good morning, ClemsonDave, Rick, and OYDave.
it is full of flavor and it’s a two part smoke for me. Had my first half with coffee. Now breakfast and more coffee, then 2nd half with ice water. A full and active morning. 😂
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 11:01:13 AM
How are those Perdomo lot 23 Connecticut's? One cigar I have not had and I'm a huge Connecticut game for morning cigar with coffee.
I used to enjoy the never ending Lot 23 but I cannot specifically recall the connie. I think it's worth a try. Perdomo stuff is generally impeccably constructed.
I got some recently, I think from the Page. They are a quality smoke, one you should add to your rotation.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 11:01:20 AM
How are those Perdomo lot 23 Connecticut's? One cigar I have not had and I'm a huge Connecticut game for morning cigar with coffee.
Haven't had one in a number of years, but remember them as being not memorable.  I tend to like a little spice or pepper in my connie.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 11:02:28 AM
[...]

Uh oh.....here come the Russian Bots....
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 10, 2020, 11:02:54 AM
[...]

thats why I stick with infowars.com 🤪
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 11:04:11 AM

I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
I try to find news that isn't editorialized but that is not an easy task. I believe both extremes are ridiculous.

Also agree in keeping politics out of here but at the same time I'm not going to censor the posts, despite popular opinion.

However, it helps the post count when we are not given a quote of the day to make fun of.
They stopped putting them on the "Today in History AP" after they put one up from Jefferson Davis the week of Juneteenth.  I'm too lazy to look up appropriate quotes each day.  Maybe on special occasions.
TWSS
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 11:04:33 AM
How are those Perdomo lot 23 Connecticut's? One cigar I have not had and I'm a huge Connecticut game for morning cigar with coffee.
I used to enjoy the never ending Lot 23 but I cannot specifically recall the connie. I think it's worth a try. Perdomo stuff is generally impeccably constructed.
I got some recently, I think from the Page. They are a quality smoke, one you should add to your rotation.
Well, "Lot 23" is never ending.  Plant crop year after year in the same lot.  It's not like they called it "1999" or "2004 Lot 23"
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 11:05:09 AM
[...]

BBC or Comedy Central for me!
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 11:12:33 AM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
You'd be advised to pay attention to Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, depressing as it seems.
I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
I try to find news that isn't editorialized but that is not an easy task. I believe both extremes are ridiculous.

Also agree in keeping politics out of here but at the same time I'm not going to censor the posts, despite popular opinion.
I will stop with the politics, out of respect for you. Except for my thank god/WTF post on 11/4/2020. :D
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: razgueado on July 10, 2020, 11:29:43 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret.

Any cigars on the agenda for this weekend?
Not looking good. Tomorrow is go-live day. Looking to be a long, ugly day.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: razgueado on July 10, 2020, 11:30:48 AM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
You'd be advised to pay attention to Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, depressing as it seems.
I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
I try to find news that isn't editorialized but that is not an easy task. I believe both extremes are ridiculous.

Also agree in keeping politics out of here but at the same time I'm not going to censor the posts, despite popular opinion.
Sheesh. What the hell else would we talk about? Cigars?
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 11:31:08 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret.

Any cigars on the agenda for this weekend?
Not looking good. Tomorrow is go-live day. Looking to be a long, ugly day.
I am in the 80th minute of a 20-minute meeting. So what I'm saying is, I hear you.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 11:34:19 AM
[...]

There is no use in it anyway; impossible for either side to convince the other to look at things from a different perspective.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 10, 2020, 11:38:34 AM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
You'd be advised to pay attention to Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, depressing as it seems.
I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
Me neither, but others just can't help themselves.  I feel obliged to guide them off their ignorant path, hopeless as it may seem.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 11:38:44 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret.

Any cigars on the agenda for this weekend?
Not looking good. Tomorrow is go-live day. Looking to be a long, ugly day.
I am in the 80th minute of a 20-minute meeting. So what I'm saying is, I hear you.
(https://i.redd.it/f88s1u3g7ma41.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 10, 2020, 12:13:27 PM
Here's something not so controversial..the weather.  Oof, indeed.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: razgueado on July 10, 2020, 12:33:49 PM
Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
You'd be advised to pay attention to Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, depressing as it seems.
I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
I try to find news that isn't editorialized but that is not an easy task.

I'll say.  Because there's no such thing.  There has never been any such thing.  Objective journalism is a myth most popularized by William Randolph Hearst and Edward R. Murrow.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 10, 2020, 12:46:38 PM
Here's something not so controversial..the weather.  Oof, indeed.
I'm in the 90s for the 8th consecutive day
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 10, 2020, 12:48:18 PM
Hit the lot 23 Connecticut's. I know I'll like them a Dave told me so
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 01:03:24 PM
Here's something not so controversial..the weather.  Oof, indeed.
We're at 90, feels like 103 right now. Double oof.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 01:04:43 PM
Hit the lot 23 Connecticut's. I know I'll like them a Dave told me so
The free advice is guaranteed or your money back.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 01:14:59 PM
Went on a Costco run. Not sure that was a good idea but I was concerned we didn't have bread for lunch. $236 later, can't remember if I picked up any bread.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 01:16:36 PM
Went on a Costco run. Not sure that was a good idea but I was concerned we didn't have bread for lunch. $236 later, can't remember if I picked up any bread.
Remember when you could walk in to Costco and practically have a meal just on samples? Good times.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 01:34:12 PM
Went on a Costco run. Not sure that was a good idea but I was concerned we didn't have bread for lunch. $236 later, can't remember if I picked up any bread.
Remember when you could walk in to Costco and practically have a meal just on samples? Good times.
Even the youngsters are waxing nostalgic.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 01:36:37 PM
Went on a Costco run. Not sure that was a good idea but I was concerned we didn't have bread for lunch. $236 later, can't remember if I picked up any bread.
Remember when you could walk in to Costco and practically have a meal just on samples? Good times.
Even the youngsters are waxing nostalgic.
Well, to be fair, I'm thinking of like 5 months ago, so...  😷
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 01:38:38 PM
[...]

I can look at it from any number of perspectives....just happens that all of them say I'm right!
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: TruDog on July 10, 2020, 01:40:08 PM
...HaPPy Friday...  Hope everyone is well in the Tone hood. Try to read ya'll everyday...but I do miss TeX.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 01:40:22 PM
Went on a Costco run. Not sure that was a good idea but I was concerned we didn't have bread for lunch. $236 later, can't remember if I picked up any bread.
Remember when you could walk in to Costco and practically have a meal just on samples? Good times.
Even the youngsters are waxing nostalgic.
Well, to be fair, I'm thinking of like 5 months ago, so...  😷
Yup!  Henceforth to be known as the good ol' days.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 02:22:33 PM
...HaPPy Friday...  Hope everyone is well in the Tone hood. Try to read ya'll everyday...but I do miss TeX.
So you're the one. Afternoon, TD.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 02:22:45 PM
[...]

Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 02:28:23 PM
Hazzuh, UnbiasedDeplorables!
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 02:30:02 PM
[...]

Same here. Interesting.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 10, 2020, 02:30:28 PM
[...]

Funny how that works.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 10, 2020, 02:31:11 PM
Hazzuh, UnbiasedDeplorables!
Don't stray too far from your safe space!
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 02:31:31 PM
...HaPPy Friday...  Hope everyone is well in the Tone hood. Try to read ya'll everyday...but I do miss TeX.
Come in out of the rain. Sit by the fire, smoke a cigar, and stay a while.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 02:39:29 PM
Hazzuh, UnbiasedDeplorables!
I wish for you all greens on the way home!
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 02:42:19 PM
...HaPPy Friday...  Hope everyone is well in the Tone hood. Try to read ya'll everyday...but I do miss TeX.
Come in out of the rain. Sit by the fire, smoke a cigar, and stay a while.
It turns out it's not raining by you. I take it back.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 03:16:13 PM
...HaPPy Friday...  Hope everyone is well in the Tone hood. Try to read ya'll everyday...but I do miss TeX.
Come in out of the rain. Sit by the fire, smoke a cigar, and stay a while.
Who needs a fire in this fukkin weather?
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 03:52:06 PM
...HaPPy Friday...  Hope everyone is well in the Tone hood. Try to read ya'll everyday...but I do miss TeX.
Come in out of the rain. Sit by the fire, smoke a cigar, and stay a while.
Who needs a fire in this fukkin weather?
I already took it back, sheesh.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 10, 2020, 03:56:40 PM
Back to the original
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200710/285d314d921498f2eb09aca9418434e5.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 03:58:29 PM
5:00...Close enough!
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 03:59:07 PM
Back to the original
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200710/285d314d921498f2eb09aca9418434e5.jpg)
TWSS
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 04:01:39 PM
Back to the original
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200710/285d314d921498f2eb09aca9418434e5.jpg)
Therefore, it's not true that once you go black...
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 04:02:08 PM
5:00...Close enough!
Were you inspired by Oy?
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 04:04:46 PM
By the way, cigarpage.com has some decent deals today on Pepin sticks.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 10, 2020, 05:28:44 PM
Radford, Virginia.
almost a 2 hour backup from a bad wreck.
nap time.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 10, 2020, 06:07:23 PM
Radford, Virginia.
almost a 2 hour backup from a bad wreck.
nap time.
Yeah tired driving is not good. Your making decent time, rest up.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 10, 2020, 06:12:12 PM
I didn't like these the first time I had them but my opinion has changed. Good smoke and I've had a bunch since then.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200710/97767dfd802d30547822b3e5061d78ff.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 10, 2020, 07:33:12 PM
Radford, Virginia.
almost a 2 hour backup from a bad wreck.
nap time.
Yeah tired driving is not good. Your making decent time, rest up.
couldn't rest. finally called it quits in the N Carolina Welcome Center rest area. good night.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 08:33:16 PM
Back to the original
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200710/285d314d921498f2eb09aca9418434e5.jpg)
Therefore, it's not true that once you go black...
Just another one of your racist biases...😆
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 08:36:24 PM
Radford, Virginia.
almost a 2 hour backup from a bad wreck.
nap time.
Yeah tired driving is not good. Your making decent time, rest up.
couldn't rest. finally called it quits in the N Carolina Welcome Center rest area. good night.
Three more hours and I could have put you up in a proper bed after a good cigar and cold beverage.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 08:38:26 PM
Settled down with a beverage and Viaje TNT.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 10, 2020, 08:38:52 PM
Settled down with a beverage and Viaje TNT.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 10, 2020, 09:18:09 PM
Rick got this one on my brain today.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200711/f80bdb89465fea8226d386ded467c0e8.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 10, 2020, 09:25:12 PM
Radford, Virginia.
almost a 2 hour backup from a bad wreck.
nap time.
Yeah tired driving is not good. Your making decent time, rest up.
couldn't rest. finally called it quits in the N Carolina Welcome Center rest area. good night.
Sleep well, buddy.
Title: Re: 7/10/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 10, 2020, 10:57:01 PM
5:00...Close enough!
Were you inspired by Oy?
well I am inspiring 👍