Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Speaking of ugly Americans, OTDave should be strolling in any minute now.

Not a lot of unexpected results on the college football fields for week 4.

LSU Tigers stunk up the stadium in Auburn losing 13-18 in another final second fiasco.  Good job Les!

My LA Tech Bulldogs go down to Middle TN 34-38 giving up 21 points in the 4th quarter, rebuilding seems to have faltered there.

It was a disaster week for Louisiana Football!

SC Game Cocks go down to Kentucky 10-17

GA was demolished by Ole Miss 45-14, rebuilding at GA is not going so well.

In one of the best games of the day TN made a 35 point comeback in the 2nd half to beat Florida 38-28.  TN is #1 in the SEC East.

Alabama remains undefeated and #1 in the SEC West.  Should remain #1 in the AP also.

Among the few top 25 upsets (11) Wisconsin defeated (8) Michigan State 30-6

#4 Michigan demolished the child molestor advocates at Penn State 49-10

And then there was the Battle of the Unranked High Tuition Private Schools where Duke defeated Bean and the Irish 38-35 leaving the struggling Irish with a 1-3 record.

In the Cigar World this morning:  Not a bad deal on Undercrown Toro's at CI.  5/$25 FS

Obituary

Musician Stanley "Buckwheat" Dural Jr., who rose from a cotton-picking family in southwest Louisiana to introduce zydeco music to the world through his namesake band Buckwheat Zydeco, has died. He was 68.

His longtime manager Ted Fox told The Associated Press that Dural died Saturday. He had suffered from lung cancer.

Fox said the musician and accordionist died at 1:32 a.m. Louisiana time at Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center in Lafayette, Louisiana. He gained fame by introducing zydeco music of southwest Louisiana to the world.

"This is one of the world's true genius musicians. A completely natural musician who could just fit in in any scenario," Fox said.

Dural earned his nickname because he had braided hair when he was younger that resembled Buckwheat from The Little Rascals television show. Born Nov. 14, 1947 in Lafayette, Louisiana, Dural was one of 13 children. His father played the accordion but the younger Dural preferred listening to and playing rhythm & blues and learned to play the organ, his obituary said.

As news of his death spread, friends from around the world paid their respects.

Heart Shaped Pancake Lull?

Morning men, had a 6:15 hockey game this morning, company coming at 1:00 for football. Hope to get in a smoke or two

[...]

Always enjoyed me some zydeco.

Morning men, had a 6:15 hockey game this morning, company coming at 1:00 for football. Hope to get in a smoke or two
Yo HockeyPuckFish.

Morning CarolinaDave.
Morning Travellin Dave, where to this week?
Heading out to France this evening, a bit west of Nice.
Voyagar Dave.

Morning CarolinaDave.
Morning Travellin Dave, where to this week?
Heading out to France this evening, a bit west of Nice.
Any brown boxes being delivered to the house? I can help

Morning CB and Fishy.

Morning men, had a 6:15 hockey game this morning, company coming at 1:00 for football. Hope to get in a smoke or two
Yo HockeyPuckFish.
Morning Mikey

Morning CarolinaDave.
Morning Travellin Dave, where to this week?
Heading out to France this evening, a bit west of Nice.
Any brown boxes being delivered to the house? I can help
Got them in on Friday, but thanks for the offer.

Morning CarolinaDave.
Morning Travellin Dave, where to this week?
Heading out to France this evening, a bit west of Nice.
Any brown boxes being delivered to the house? I can help
Got them in on Friday, but thanks for the offer.
…that Scott, ever mindful of the needs of others.

Morning men, had a 6:15 hockey game this morning, company coming at 1:00 for football. Hope to get in a smoke or two
Morning Hockey Puck Fish, Sheesh I can't  even imagine youth sports at 6 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10