Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

I was looking for waterheaterbanter.com I need a new one Ug!
Hope all is well here in banterland.
You could always go tankless.
I've had plumbers advise me against it. My neighbor did it and loves it.

I was looking for waterheaterbanter.com I need a new one Ug!
Hope all is well here in banterland.
You could always go tankless.
I've had plumbers advise me against it. My neighbor did it and loves it.
The problem is weighing those options when you are without hot water in the middle of a cold winter in Minnesota.

I was looking for waterheaterbanter.com I need a new one Ug!
Hope all is well here in banterland.
You could always go tankless.
I've had plumbers advise me against it. My neighbor did it and loves it.
Did the plumbers say why? I was also considering it when mine is up for replacing.

I was looking for waterheaterbanter.com I need a new one Ug!
Hope all is well here in banterland.
You could always go tankless.
I've had plumbers advise me against it. My neighbor did it and loves it.
Did the plumbers say why? I was also considering it when mine is up for replacing.
Well, one obvious disadvantage is that if you lose power, you pretty much instantly have no hot water, where a conventional system gives you a little time - unless you have a generator system, then you're okay.

A gas tankless mitigates this some, if your house is plumbed for gas, but doesn't save as much energy or money over conventional, and given the high expense of installation of a tankless system, it could take a very long time to recoup the initial investment.

In my case, I have a conventional gas water heater, so even if the power goes out I always have hot water.  As frequently as I lose power, there is zero incentive for me to change to tankless.

I was looking for waterheaterbanter.com I need a new one Ug!
Hope all is well here in banterland.
You could always go tankless.
I've had plumbers advise me against it. My neighbor did it and loves it.
Did the plumbers say why? I was also considering it when mine is up for replacing.
Down side is volume. With four women, could be a problem. Other option is a site unit for each bathroom.

Evening Lunatic.

I was looking for waterheaterbanter.com I need a new one Ug!
Hope all is well here in banterland.
You could always go tankless.
I've had plumbers advise me against it. My neighbor did it and loves it.
Did the plumbers say why? I was also considering it when mine is up for replacing.
Down side is volume. With four women, could be a problem. Other option is a site unit for each bathroom.
True, though, we only have 1 shower, so that wouldn't be an issue.

[...]

Makes sense. But we do have gas, so the power thing wouldn't be an issue.

[...]

Yep.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]