CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 15, 2016, 12:00:55 AM

Title: 8/15/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on August 15, 2016, 12:00:55 AM
Happy Monday! Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 15, 2016, 12:03:36 AM
Well I'll be damned! Joecigar actually has an offering for today.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on August 15, 2016, 04:50:37 AM
it's MONDAY!!!
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: sfish on August 15, 2016, 05:26:38 AM
it's MONDAY!!!
Yep, worst day of the week. Morning Dean
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 05:34:22 AM
Happy Condo Monday
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 05:34:54 AM
Morning Early Fish and Even Earlier Dean.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 05:36:22 AM
Steady rain coming down here, over 4" since early Sunday  morning.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 05:37:39 AM
Riot night two in Milwaukee
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 05:57:09 AM
Guess I will prepare for a wet commute, BBL
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 06:00:20 AM
it's MONDAY!!!
Yep, worst day of the week. Morning Dean
Without a doubt!
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 06:01:58 AM
Morning UpAndAtEmDean, FewAndFarBetweenFish and GreenWaterDave.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 06:06:16 AM
Guess I will prepare for a wet commute, BBL
With no IT support.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 06:08:42 AM
Today is Monday, Aug. 15, the 228th day of 2016. There are 138 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Aug. 15, 1945, in a pre-recorded radio address, Japan's Emperor Hirohito announced that his country had accepted terms of surrender for ending World War II.

On this date:

In 1057, Macbeth, King of Scots, was killed in battle by Malcolm, the eldest son of King Duncan, whom Macbeth had slain.

In 1483, the Sistine Chapel was consecrated by Pope Sixtus IV.

In 1812, the Battle of Fort Dearborn took place as Potawatomi warriors attacked a U.S. military garrison of about 100 people. (Most of the garrison was killed, while the remainder was taken prisoner.)

In 1914, the Panama Canal officially opened as the SS Ancon crossed the just-completed waterway between the Pacific and Atlantic oceans.

In 1935, humorist Will Rogers and aviator Wiley Post were killed when their airplane crashed near Point Barrow in the Alaska Territory.

In 1939, the MGM musical "The Wizard of Oz" opened at the Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.

In 1946, the DuMont television network made its debut over two stations, WABD in New York and WTTG in Washington, D.C. (The network lasted a decade, folding in 1956.)

In 1947, India became independent after some 200 years of British rule.

In 1965, The Beatles played to a crowd of more than 55,000 at New York's Shea Stadium.

In 1969, the Woodstock Music and Art Fair opened in upstate New York.

In 1974, a gunman attempted to shoot South Korean President Park Chung-hee during a speech; although Park was unhurt, his wife, Yuk Young-soo, was struck and killed, along with a teenage girl. (The gunman was later executed.)

In 1989, F.W. de Klerk was sworn in as acting president of South Africa, one day after P.W. Botha resigned as the result of a power struggle within the National Party.

Ten years ago: Israel began withdrawing its forces from southern Lebanon. Te Arikinui Dame Te Atairangikaahu (teh-ah-ree-kee-noo-ee, Dame teh-ah-ty-rung-ee-kah-hoo), the queen of New Zealand's indigenous Maori population, died on North Island, New Zealand, at age 75.

Five years ago: Hitting back against an emboldened GOP, President Barack Obama launched a rare direct attack on the Republican presidential field, criticizing his potential 2012 rivals for their blanket opposition to any deficit-cutting compromise involving new taxes during a town hall-style meeting in Cannon Falls, Minnesota. Jim Thome (TOH'-mee) hit his 600th home run an inning after he hit No. 599 to help the Minnesota Twins outslug the Detroit Tigers 9-6. (Thome became the eighth major league player to reach 600.)

One year ago: Japanese Emperor Akihito expressed rare "deep remorse" over his country's wartime actions in an address marking the 70th anniversary of Japan's surrender in World War II, a day after the prime minister fell short of apologizing to victims of Japanese aggression. Civil rights leader Julian Bond, 75, died in Fort Walton Beach, Florida.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 06:09:33 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Rose Marie is 93. Political activist Phyllis Schlafly is 92. Actor Mike Connors is 91. Actress Abby Dalton is 84. Actress Lori Nelson is 83. Civil rights activist Vernon Jordan is 81. Actor Jim Dale is 81. Actress Pat Priest is 80. Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer is 78. U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., is 78. Musician Pete York (Spencer Davis Group) is 74. Author-journalist Linda Ellerbee is 72. Songwriter Jimmy Webb is 70. Rock singer-musician Tom Johnston (The Doobie Brothers) is 68. Actress Phyllis Smith is 67. Britain's Princess Anne is 66. Actress Tess Harper is 66. Actor Larry Mathews is 61. Actor Zeljko Ivanek (ZEHL'-koh eh-VON'-ehk) is 59. Actor-comedian Rondell Sheridan is 58. Rock singer-musician Matt Johnson (The The) is 55. Movie director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (ihn-YAH'-ee-tu) is 53. Philanthropist Melinda Gates is 52. Country singer Angela Rae (Wild Horses) is 50. Actor Peter Hermann is 49. Actress Debra Messing is 48. Actor Anthony Anderson is 46. Actor Ben Affleck is 44. Singer Mikey Graham (Boyzone) is 44. Actress Natasha Henstridge is 42. Actress Nicole Paggi is 39. Christian rock musician Tim Foreman (Switchfoot) is 38. Figure skater Jennifer Kirk is 32. Latin pop singer Belinda (cq) is 27. Rock singer Joe Jonas (The Jonas Brothers) is 27. Actor-singer Carlos PenaVega is 27. Actress Jennifer Lawrence is 26. Rap DJ Smoove da General (Cali Swag District) is 26.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 06:10:13 AM
Thought for Today: "Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it." - George Carlin, American comedian (1937-2008).
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 06:25:00 AM
The boy heads to work this fine Monday for his first 9-5!  Now there's a Monday for you... he's excited to start.  Actually a Co-op for the semester, and more like 8-4.  First taste of the real world.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 06:58:55 AM
I hate Monday lull.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 15, 2016, 07:01:00 AM
The boy heads to work this fine Monday for his first 9-5!  Now there's a Monday for you... he's excited to start.  Actually a Co-op for the semester, and more like 8-4.  First taste of the real world.
Getting his first work Monday cherry popped.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 07:05:12 AM
Turd Floater here sitting in my truck in the parking lot.  Sheesh!
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 07:15:09 AM
Turd Floater here sitting in my truck in the parking lot.  Sheesh!
There are umbrella's.  Did you forget your rubbers?
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 07:15:39 AM
Turd Floater here sitting in my truck in the parking lot.  Sheesh!
So why aren't you bantering more?
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: sfish on August 15, 2016, 07:18:17 AM
Thought for Today: "Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it." - George Carlin, American comedian (1937-2008).
I always loved Carlin, bought his album "Toledo Window Box" when I was in my teens
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: sfish on August 15, 2016, 07:18:38 AM
Turd Floater here sitting in my truck in the parking lot.  Sheesh!
So why aren't you bantering more?
Valid question
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 07:27:27 AM
Looks like the usual smartasses are alive and well on Monday.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 07:35:41 AM
Morning CB, Fishy, Dean, PapaDave, and IMightMeltDave.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 07:36:57 AM
Morning CB, Fishy, Dean, PapaDave, and IMightMeltDave.
Morning Windows10Bean
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 07:39:02 AM
156 Days

+/- 16 More Mondays so GFY's
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: sfish on August 15, 2016, 07:48:37 AM
156 Days

+/- 16 More Mondays so GFY's
Seems like that was directed at Dean
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 08:01:05 AM
156 Days

+/- 16 More Mondays so GFY's
Seems like that was directed at Dean
That's how I read it.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 08:02:35 AM
Morning StarRewardsBean.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 08:05:36 AM
Some speedy fellows on the track last night.  Fun to watch.  Womens Beach volleyball after TexDave's bedtime, but US won, so moving on to the semi's.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 15, 2016, 08:06:39 AM
Is it Monday already?
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 08:10:02 AM
Some speedy fellows on the track last night.  Fun to watch.  Womens Beach volleyball after TexDave's bedtime, but US won, so moving on to the semi's.
Yes, caught a bit of the volleyball.  Men's tennis final was great as well, though visuals did not compare.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 08:10:35 AM
Morning Mayor
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 08:11:00 AM
Is it Monday already?
Morning Mr. Mayor.  It's a rainy day and a Monday.  Thanks, Karen Carpenter!
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 15, 2016, 08:15:47 AM
Is it Monday already?
Morning Mr. Mayor.  It's a rainy day and a Monday.  Thanks, Karen Carpenter!
Hahaha.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: sfish on August 15, 2016, 08:30:30 AM
This offer is still up for another 1-1/2 hours:

http://www.holts.com/specials/weekend-roast.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WR081316&utm_content=WR081316
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: sfish on August 15, 2016, 08:41:42 AM
Some speedy fellows on the track last night.  Fun to watch.  Womens Beach volleyball after TexDave's bedtime, but US won, so moving on to the semi's.
The U.S. guy got a great start, can't believe how Bolt caught him
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 15, 2016, 08:49:46 AM
This offer is still up for another 1-1/2 hours:

http://www.holts.com/specials/weekend-roast.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WR081316&utm_content=WR081316
I still have a bunch of these. Maybe I'll even smoke one today.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 08:51:11 AM
Plumbing Tip

I need a new kitchen sink faucet and the plumbers wanted $450-600 for a faucet and installation.  Similar faucets of the same brands at Lowes were about $100 cheaper which is to be expected but Lowes will now install faucets purchased from them for $99 each and there is a 20% discount for multiple installations at the same time.

That makes my faucet and installation under $300 with tax.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 08:52:39 AM
This offer is still up for another 1-1/2 hours:

http://www.holts.com/specials/weekend-roast.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WR081316&utm_content=WR081316
I still have a bunch of these. Maybe I'll even smoke one today.
A bunch is not enough of those.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 15, 2016, 08:54:28 AM
Plumbing Tip

I need a new kitchen sink faucet and the plumbers wanted $450-600 for a faucet and installation.  Similar faucets of the same brands at Lowes were about $100 cheaper which is to be expected but Lowes will now install faucets purchased from them for $99 each and there is a 20% discount for multiple installations at the same time.

That makes my faucet and installation under $300 with tax.
Not too shabby. And since you'll be selling the house soon enough, that should be more than sufficient.

I'm not that handy but I have installed a few faucets in my day. $450+ isn't worth it.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 15, 2016, 08:55:27 AM
This offer is still up for another 1-1/2 hours:

http://www.holts.com/specials/weekend-roast.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WR081316&utm_content=WR081316
I still have a bunch of these. Maybe I'll even smoke one today.
A bunch is not enough of those.
I know. About to pull the trigger again. Eff you enabling bastages!
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 08:55:28 AM
This offer is still up for another 1-1/2 hours:

http://www.holts.com/specials/weekend-roast.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WR081316&utm_content=WR081316
I still have a bunch of these. Maybe I'll even smoke one today.
Clipped one a few days ago and had no draw.  Might cut it in half and try again.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: sfish on August 15, 2016, 08:57:01 AM
This offer is still up for another 1-1/2 hours:

http://www.holts.com/specials/weekend-roast.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WR081316&utm_content=WR081316
I still have a bunch of these. Maybe I'll even smoke one today.
Clipped one a few days ago and had no draw.  Might cut it in half and try again.
CB's fault
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 08:57:30 AM
Plumbing Tip

I need a new kitchen sink faucet and the plumbers wanted $450-600 for a faucet and installation.  Similar faucets of the same brands at Lowes were about $100 cheaper which is to be expected but Lowes will now install faucets purchased from them for $99 each and there is a 20% discount for multiple installations at the same time.

That makes my faucet and installation under $300 with tax.
You can do this job yourself in 30 minutes and save a lot more.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 09:00:06 AM
Plumbing Tip

I need a new kitchen sink faucet and the plumbers wanted $450-600 for a faucet and installation.  Similar faucets of the same brands at Lowes were about $100 cheaper which is to be expected but Lowes will now install faucets purchased from them for $99 each and there is a 20% discount for multiple installations at the same time.

That makes my faucet and installation under $300 with tax.

You can do this job yourself in 30 minutes and save a lot more.
I am not a plumber
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 15, 2016, 09:00:31 AM
This offer is still up for another 1-1/2 hours:

http://www.holts.com/specials/weekend-roast.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WR081316&utm_content=WR081316
I still have a bunch of these. Maybe I'll even smoke one today.
Clipped one a few days ago and had no draw.  Might cut it in half and try again.
I would draw poke it before cutting it in half. Use a barbecue skewer.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 09:00:39 AM
This offer is still up for another 1-1/2 hours:

http://www.holts.com/specials/weekend-roast.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WR081316&utm_content=WR081316
It is a good one.  Surprised TexDave didn't buy them out, but as was said before, when Holt's has a deal, they seem to have a healthy supply to provide for all that are interested.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 09:02:05 AM

.
Not too shabby. And since you'll be selling the house soon enough, that should be more than sufficient.

I'm not that handy but I have installed a few faucets in my day. $450+ isn't worth it.
I have too but I am past the point in life of climbing into cabinets and working on plumbing
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 09:02:45 AM
Plumbing Tip

I need a new kitchen sink faucet and the plumbers wanted $450-600 for a faucet and installation.  Similar faucets of the same brands at Lowes were about $100 cheaper which is to be expected but Lowes will now install faucets purchased from them for $99 each and there is a 20% discount for multiple installations at the same time.

That makes my faucet and installation under $300 with tax.
Not bad.  I've been pleased with contractors I've gotten through Lowe's and Home Depot too.  With the money you saved, you can buy that replacement pool pump.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 09:03:18 AM
This offer is still up for another 1-1/2 hours:

http://www.holts.com/specials/weekend-roast.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WR081316&utm_content=WR081316
It is a good one.  Surprised TexDave didn't buy them out, but as was said before, when Holt's has a deal, they seem to have a healthy supply to provide for all that are interested.
I tested them and they had plenty for all.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 15, 2016, 09:03:43 AM
More Padillas up on CigarPage.com. Is it Ernesto's birthday? I didn't see him on NJDave's list.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 09:05:09 AM
Plumbing Tip

I need a new kitchen sink faucet and the plumbers wanted $450-600 for a faucet and installation.  Similar faucets of the same brands at Lowes were about $100 cheaper which is to be expected but Lowes will now install faucets purchased from them for $99 each and there is a 20% discount for multiple installations at the same time.

That makes my faucet and installation under $300 with tax.
Not bad.  I've been pleased with contractors I've gotten through Lowe's and Home Depot too.  With the money you saved, you can buy that replacement pool pump.
Home warranty covers all but $75 of the pool pump but does not cover the $3000 + installation pool heat pump.  They are a pain in the ass to deal with though, always contract some jake-leg operating out of his garage to do the work.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 09:05:39 AM
Definite Monday at the Page.  Padilla second tier's and sunglasses.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 09:08:40 AM
Definite Monday at the Page.  Padilla second tier's and sunglasses.
Cigar Re-Distribution, got to share with the poor.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 09:11:02 AM
More Padillas up on CigarPage.com. Is it Ernesto's birthday? I didn't see him on NJDave's list.
Didn't realize that he spent time in neighboring Princeton after leaving Cuba.  Was two years ahead of me in HS.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 09:11:33 AM
Definite Monday at the Page.  Padilla second tier's and sunglasses.
Cigar Re-Distribution, got to share with the poor.
Thanks Bernie?
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 09:19:28 AM
Here is you some Obummer news hot off the Federal Register:

This entire document is 100's of pages long but what it boils down to is a fuking for the aviation industry (commercial and private but of course not government) similar to that shoved up the cigar industries ass.

Documents from Environmental Protection Agency and whose Associated Unified Agenda Deemed Significant Under EO 12866
Environmental Protection Agency

RULES

Finding That Greenhouse Gas Emissions From Aircraft Cause or Contribute to Air Pollution That May Reasonably Be Anticipated To Endanger Public Health and Welfare

In this action, the Administrator finds that elevated concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere endanger the public health and welfare of current and future generations within the meaning of section 231(a)(2)(A) of the Clean Air Act (CAA, or Act). She makes this finding specifically with respect to the same six well-mixed greenhouse gases--carbon dioxide (CO<INF>2</INF>), methane, nitrous oxide, hydrofluorocarbons, perfluorocarbons, and sulfur hexafluoride-- that together were............
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 09:19:57 AM
Definite Monday at the Page.  Padilla second tier's and sunglasses.
Cigar Re-Distribution, got to share with the poor.
Thanks Bernie?
I am all about being FAIR!
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 15, 2016, 09:26:18 AM
Morning CB, Fishy, Dean, PapaDave, and IMightMeltDave.
CCB, how's things?  Any proved deals?
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 09:28:03 AM
Market Summary - From CBS MarketWatch

Lately the stock-market bulls have been Usain Bolt — the bears, everyone else
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 09:35:46 AM
Markets Open

DOW   + 63 @ 18,640
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 09:40:15 AM
Morning CB, Fishy, Dean, PapaDave, and IMightMeltDave.
CCB, how's things?  Any proved deals?
That Holt's deal is good if you are a JH lancero whore, and some cheap sunglasses on the Page, but otherwise, nada.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 15, 2016, 09:48:15 AM
Morning CB, Fishy, Dean, PapaDave, and IMightMeltDave.
CCB, how's things?  Any proved deals?
That Holt's deal is good if you are a JH lancero whore, and some cheap sunglasses on the Page, but otherwise, nada.
Saw the Holt's deal and agree.  Sunglasses?  How many pairs does BOTL need?  …and some cheap sunglasses.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 09:57:56 AM
Morning CB, Fishy, Dean, PapaDave, and IMightMeltDave.
CCB, how's things?  Any proved deals?
That Holt's deal is good if you are a JH lancero whore, and some cheap sunglasses on the Page, but otherwise, nada.
Saw the Holt's deal and agree.  Sunglasses?  How many pairs does BOTL need?  …and some cheap sunglasses.
For $10 FS can't have too many backups.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 10:00:35 AM
Morning CB, Fishy, Dean, PapaDave, and IMightMeltDave.
CCB, how's things?  Any proved deals?
That Holt's deal is good if you are a JH lancero whore, and some cheap sunglasses on the Page, but otherwise, nada.
Saw the Holt's deal and agree.  Sunglasses?  How many pairs does BOTL need?  …and some cheap sunglasses.
For $10 FS can't have too many backups.
Important to diversify your investments, a nice portfolio should include about 30% Hoodies, 30% Shitty Sunglasses, 30% Tactical Scabbards and 10% Koozies.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 15, 2016, 10:04:34 AM
Morning CB, Fishy, Dean, PapaDave, and IMightMeltDave.
CCB, how's things?  Any proved deals?
That Holt's deal is good if you are a JH lancero whore, and some cheap sunglasses on the Page, but otherwise, nada.
Saw the Holt's deal and agree.  Sunglasses?  How many pairs does BOTL need?  …and some cheap sunglasses.
For $10 FS can't have too many backups.
Important to diversify your investments, a nice portfolio should include about 30% Hoodies, 30% Shitty Sunglasses, 30% Tactical Scabbards and 10% Koozies.
Gots to keep up the wardrobe.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 10:10:32 AM
Morning CB, Fishy, Dean, PapaDave, and IMightMeltDave.
CCB, how's things?  Any proved deals?
That Holt's deal is good if you are a JH lancero whore, and some cheap sunglasses on the Page, but otherwise, nada.
Saw the Holt's deal and agree.  Sunglasses?  How many pairs does BOTL need?  …and some cheap sunglasses.
For $10 FS can't have too many backups.
Important to diversify your investments, a nice portfolio should include about 30% Hoodies, 30% Shitty Sunglasses, 30% Tactical Scabbards and 10% Koozies.
Well today's the day for the sunglasses.  I'm standing by on the hoodie, hoping to get one of those stylin' cigarbanter.com ones from Uncle Tony.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 15, 2016, 10:14:57 AM
Morning CB, Fishy, Dean, PapaDave, and IMightMeltDave.
CCB, how's things?  Any proved deals?
That Holt's deal is good if you are a JH lancero whore, and some cheap sunglasses on the Page, but otherwise, nada.
Saw the Holt's deal and agree.  Sunglasses?  How many pairs does BOTL need?  …and some cheap sunglasses.
For $10 FS can't have too many backups.
Important to diversify your investments, a nice portfolio should include about 30% Hoodies, 30% Shitty Sunglasses, 30% Tactical Scabbards and 10% Koozies.
Well today's the day for the sunglasses.  I'm standing by on the hoodie, hoping to get one of those stylin' cigarbanter.com ones from Uncle Tony.
They'll be available soon.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 10:16:18 AM
Morning CB, Fishy, Dean, PapaDave, and IMightMeltDave.
CCB, how's things?  Any proved deals?
That Holt's deal is good if you are a JH lancero whore, and some cheap sunglasses on the Page, but otherwise, nada.
Saw the Holt's deal and agree.  Sunglasses?  How many pairs does BOTL need?  …and some cheap sunglasses.
For $10 FS can't have too many backups.
Important to diversify your investments, a nice portfolio should include about 30% Hoodies, 30% Shitty Sunglasses, 30% Tactical Scabbards and 10% Koozies.
Well today's the day for the sunglasses.  I'm standing by on the hoodie, hoping to get one of those stylin' cigarbanter.com ones from Uncle Tony.
And I was hoping Obama was just a dream terrible nightmare too. ::)
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 15, 2016, 10:17:42 AM
Morning CB, Fishy, Dean, PapaDave, and IMightMeltDave.
CCB, how's things?  Any proved deals?
That Holt's deal is good if you are a JH lancero whore, and some cheap sunglasses on the Page, but otherwise, nada.
Saw the Holt's deal and agree.  Sunglasses?  How many pairs does BOTL need?  …and some cheap sunglasses.
For $10 FS can't have too many backups.
Important to diversify your investments, a nice portfolio should include about 30% Hoodies, 30% Shitty Sunglasses, 30% Tactical Scabbards and 10% Koozies.
Well today's the day for the sunglasses.  I'm standing by on the hoodie, hoping to get one of those stylin' cigarbanter.com ones from Uncle Tony.
Don't hold your breath on that one.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 15, 2016, 10:18:07 AM
Morning CB, Fishy, Dean, PapaDave, and IMightMeltDave.
CCB, how's things?  Any proved deals?
That Holt's deal is good if you are a JH lancero whore, and some cheap sunglasses on the Page, but otherwise, nada.
Saw the Holt's deal and agree.  Sunglasses?  How many pairs does BOTL need?  …and some cheap sunglasses.
For $10 FS can't have too many backups.
Important to diversify your investments, a nice portfolio should include about 30% Hoodies, 30% Shitty Sunglasses, 30% Tactical Scabbards and 10% Koozies.
Well today's the day for the sunglasses.  I'm standing by on the hoodie, hoping to get one of those stylin' cigarbanter.com ones from Uncle Tony.
And I was hoping Obama was just a dream too. ::)
More like a nightmare.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 10:22:02 AM
Morning CB, Fishy, Dean, PapaDave, and IMightMeltDave.
CCB, how's things?  Any proved deals?
That Holt's deal is good if you are a JH lancero whore, and some cheap sunglasses on the Page, but otherwise, nada.
Saw the Holt's deal and agree.  Sunglasses?  How many pairs does BOTL need?  …and some cheap sunglasses.
For $10 FS can't have too many backups.
Important to diversify your investments, a nice portfolio should include about 30% Hoodies, 30% Shitty Sunglasses, 30% Tactical Scabbards and 10% Koozies.
Well today's the day for the sunglasses.  I'm standing by on the hoodie, hoping to get one of those stylin' cigarbanter.com ones from Uncle Tony.
And I was hoping Obama was just a dream terrible nightmare too. ::)
More like a nightmare.
Fixed it.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 15, 2016, 10:25:07 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 15, 2016, 10:35:35 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Howdy Razz.  Overcast and rainy here.  A Northwest kinda day here in usually sunny Ohio.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 15, 2016, 10:38:08 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Howdy Razz.  Overcast and rainy here.  A Northwest kinda day here in usually sunny Ohio.
Every time I've been to Ohio, I've been struck by the similarities I can see between it and Western Washington. Take away our Evergreen trees and mountains, and the two would look very similar.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 10:42:34 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Howdy Razz.  Overcast and rainy here.  A Northwest kinda day here in usually sunny Ohio.
Every time I've been to Ohio, I've been struck by the similarities I can see between it and Western Washington. Take away our Evergreen trees and mountains, and the two would look very similar.
Except you guys in Seattle invented PickleBall, or so I was told this weekend.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 15, 2016, 10:45:11 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Howdy Razz.  Overcast and rainy here.  A Northwest kinda day here in usually sunny Ohio.
Every time I've been to Ohio, I've been struck by the similarities I can see between it and Western Washington. Take away our Evergreen trees and mountains, and the two would look very similar.
Except you guys in Seattle invented PickleBall, or so I was told this weekend.
I had nothing to do with it.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 15, 2016, 10:48:57 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Howdy Razz.  Overcast and rainy here.  A Northwest kinda day here in usually sunny Ohio.
Every time I've been to Ohio, I've been struck by the similarities I can see between it and Western Washington. Take away our Evergreen trees and mountains, and the two would look very similar.
Lots of trees in our corner of the state.  Back in the old Northwest Territory days, it was said a squirrel could cross southern Ohio without touching the ground.  By the time you hit I70 heading north, the terrain becomes open and flat.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 15, 2016, 10:52:14 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Howdy Razz.  Overcast and rainy here.  A Northwest kinda day here in usually sunny Ohio.
Every time I've been to Ohio, I've been struck by the similarities I can see between it and Western Washington. Take away our Evergreen trees and mountains, and the two would look very similar.
Except you guys in Seattle invented PickleBall, or so I was told this weekend.
I had nothing to do with it.
Of course you didn't.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 15, 2016, 10:57:15 AM
I've only been to Columbus. Plenty of trees, just not evergreens.  If you could take the evergreens out of western Washington, you'd be left with a lot of maples and alders, and it'd look a lot like the Columbus area.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 11:00:34 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Howdy Razz.  Overcast and rainy here.  A Northwest kinda day here in usually sunny Ohio.
Every time I've been to Ohio, I've been struck by the similarities I can see between it and Western Washington. Take away our Evergreen trees and mountains, and the two would look very similar.
Except you guys in Seattle invented PickleBall, or so I was told this weekend.
I had nothing to do with it.
So it's true!  Guilt by association.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 11:05:38 AM
Morning CB, Fishy, Dean, PapaDave, and IMightMeltDave.
CCB, how's things?  Any proved deals?
That Holt's deal is good if you are a JH lancero whore, and some cheap sunglasses on the Page, but otherwise, nada.
Saw the Holt's deal and agree.  Sunglasses?  How many pairs does BOTL need?  …and some cheap sunglasses.
For $10 FS can't have too many backups.
Important to diversify your investments, a nice portfolio should include about 30% Hoodies, 30% Shitty Sunglasses, 30% Tactical Scabbards and 10% Koozies.
Gots to keep up the wardrobe.
One to leave in the car, one for the boat, one for at work and one general backup
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 15, 2016, 11:12:15 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Howdy Razz.  Overcast and rainy here.  A Northwest kinda day here in usually sunny Ohio.
Every time I've been to Ohio, I've been struck by the similarities I can see between it and Western Washington. Take away our Evergreen trees and mountains, and the two would look very similar.
Except you guys in Seattle invented PickleBall, or so I was told this weekend.
I had nothing to do with it.
So it's true!  Guilt by association.
I looked it up. Apparently was invented in 1965 on Bainbridge Island. I was 829 miles away, being born. Wasn't me.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 11:14:13 AM
Listening to a LA radio station and they are reporting that the water levels are receding in Zachary which is where Chip lives.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 11:36:48 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Howdy Razz.  Overcast and rainy here.  A Northwest kinda day here in usually sunny Ohio.
Every time I've been to Ohio, I've been struck by the similarities I can see between it and Western Washington. Take away our Evergreen trees and mountains, and the two would look very similar.
Except you guys in Seattle invented PickleBall, or so I was told this weekend.
I had nothing to do with it.
So it's true!  Guilt by association.
I looked it up. Apparently was invented in 1965 on Bainbridge Island. I was 829 miles away, being born. Wasn't me.
Fastest growing sport in America.  Don't get left behind.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 11:40:54 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Howdy Razz.  Overcast and rainy here.  A Northwest kinda day here in usually sunny Ohio.
Every time I've been to Ohio, I've been struck by the similarities I can see between it and Western Washington. Take away our Evergreen trees and mountains, and the two would look very similar.
Except you guys in Seattle invented PickleBall, or so I was told this weekend.
I had nothing to do with it.
So it's true!  Guilt by association.
I looked it up. Apparently was invented in 1965 on Bainbridge Island. I was 829 miles away, being born. Wasn't me.
Fastest growing sport in America.  Don't get left behind.
Good to know, I thought Pocket Pool was.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 15, 2016, 11:43:01 AM
good morning boys, the $10.95 /lb buffet next to work had oxtails this morning, that, a couple of pot stickers, and some salad with blue cheese & walnuts.   good morning boys.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 11:44:27 AM
good morning boys, the $10.95 /lb buffet next to work had oxtails this morning, that, a couple of pot stickers, and some salad with blue cheese & walnuts.   good morning boys.
Morning Flip, nothing like some oxtails for breakfast. ???
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 15, 2016, 11:45:09 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Howdy Razz.  Overcast and rainy here.  A Northwest kinda day here in usually sunny Ohio.
Every time I've been to Ohio, I've been struck by the similarities I can see between it and Western Washington. Take away our Evergreen trees and mountains, and the two would look very similar.
Except you guys in Seattle invented PickleBall, or so I was told this weekend.
I had nothing to do with it.
So it's true!  Guilt by association.
I looked it up. Apparently was invented in 1965 on Bainbridge Island. I was 829 miles away, being born. Wasn't me.
Fastest growing sport in America.  Don't get left behind.
Just more evidence of the decline of western civilization. Tennis is too fast and requires too much skill, badminton is too slow and requires too much skill, volleyball requires strength and endurance, baseball requires too much skill and speed...let's make up a sort with paddles and a wiffle ball so no one gets hurt or shown up and everybody gets to participate.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 15, 2016, 11:53:07 AM
good morning boys, the $10.95 /lb buffet next to work had oxtails this morning, that, a couple of pot stickers, and some salad with blue cheese & walnuts.   good morning boys.
Morning Flip, nothing like some oxtails for breakfast. ???
I had fruity cheerios for breakfast, it's almost noon on the East Coast...
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 11:57:55 AM
good morning boys, the $10.95 /lb buffet next to work had oxtails this morning, that, a couple of pot stickers, and some salad with blue cheese & walnuts.   good morning boys.
Morning Flip, nothing like some oxtails for breakfast. ???
I would prefer another piece of tail....but that's just me.... ???
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 11:58:46 AM
Good Day Flip and Raz.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 12:04:10 PM
Midday DOW at +81.73
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 15, 2016, 12:21:57 PM
good morning boys, the $10.95 /lb buffet next to work had oxtails this morning, that, a couple of pot stickers, and some salad with blue cheese & walnuts.   good morning boys.
Morning Flip, nothing like some oxtails for breakfast. ???
I would prefer another piece of tail....but that's just me.... ???
me too, but $11 a lb could be expensive.  sometimes it costs a house, your car and half your savings....
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 15, 2016, 12:26:21 PM
good morning boys, the $10.95 /lb buffet next to work had oxtails this morning, that, a couple of pot stickers, and some salad with blue cheese & walnuts.   good morning boys.
Morning Flip, nothing like some oxtails for breakfast. ???
I would prefer another piece of tail....but that's just me.... ???
Getting your tail by the pound?
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 15, 2016, 12:34:23 PM
good morning boys, the $10.95 /lb buffet next to work had oxtails this morning, that, a couple of pot stickers, and some salad with blue cheese & walnuts.   good morning boys.
Morning Flip, nothing like some oxtails for breakfast. ???
I would prefer another piece of tail....but that's just me.... ???
Getting your tail by the pound?
instead of saying I got a divorce years ago, I just used to say that
I lost 238 lbs of ugly annoying fat.   ::)
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 15, 2016, 12:36:01 PM
good morning boys, the $10.95 /lb buffet next to work had oxtails this morning, that, a couple of pot stickers, and some salad with blue cheese & walnuts.   good morning boys.
Morning Flip, nothing like some oxtails for breakfast. ???
I would prefer another piece of tail....but that's just me.... ???
Getting your tail by the pound?
instead of saying I got a divorce years ago, I just used to say that
I lost 238 lbs of ugly annoying fat.   ::)
LOL
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 15, 2016, 01:12:40 PM
good morning boys, the $10.95 /lb buffet next to work had oxtails this morning, that, a couple of pot stickers, and some salad with blue cheese & walnuts.   good morning boys.
Morning Flip, nothing like some oxtails for breakfast. ???
I would prefer another piece of tail....but that's just me.... ???
me too, but $11 a lb could be expensive.  sometimes it costs a house, your car and half your savings....
Win or lose, marriage is the most expensive tail there is.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 01:14:25 PM
"WASHINGTON — Marion "Christopher" Barry, Jr., the only son of Washington, D.C.’s late embattled Mayor Marion Barry, died early Sunday, WUSA-TV reported. He was 36.

The younger Barry, known to his friends as Christopher or Chris, died of an apparent overdose on synthetic marijuana, The Washington Post reported, quoting those close to him. No official cause of death was immediately confirmed."

Apple didn't fall far from the tree.  Must be somebody else they can blame it on.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 01:15:39 PM
good morning boys, the $10.95 /lb buffet next to work had oxtails this morning, that, a couple of pot stickers, and some salad with blue cheese & walnuts.   good morning boys.
Morning Flip, nothing like some oxtails for breakfast. ???
I would prefer another piece of tail....but that's just me.... ???
me too, but $11 a lb could be expensive.  sometimes it costs a house, your car and half your savings....
Win or lose, marriage is the most expensive tail there is.
No argument there!   :-\
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 15, 2016, 01:22:37 PM
"WASHINGTON — Marion "Christopher" Barry, Jr., the only son of Washington, D.C.’s late embattled Mayor Marion Barry, died early Sunday, WUSA-TV reported. He was 36.

The younger Barry, known to his friends as Christopher or Chris, died of an apparent overdose on synthetic marijuana, The Washington Post reported, quoting those close to him. No official cause of death was immediately confirmed."

Apple didn't fall far from the tree.  Must be somebody else they can blame it on.
White privilege made him take drugs.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 01:35:43 PM
From the "Take me out to the ballgame bitch" file:

Someone in the Cubs organization made a pretty big mistake on Sunday night when they played the song Smack My Bitch Up as Aroldis Chapman closed out the ninth inning. In March, when he was still with the Yankees, Chapman was suspended for 30 games after he was accused of choking his girlfriend, smashing a car window, and firing eight rounds inside his garage.

ESPN’s Jesse Rogers reports:

“The Cubs say they unintentionally played the song ‘Smack My Bitch Up’ last night when Aroldis Chapman walked off the mound in the ninth inning. The Cubs will have a strong response to it this morning. It was ‘unfortunate and should not have happened,’ according to the team.”

Smack My Bitch Up, which contains — you guessed it — the lyrics “smack my bitch up,” seems like a wildly inappropriate song to play in a family-friendly stadium in the first place. The timing makes it even more unfortunate.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 15, 2016, 01:48:41 PM
From the "Take me out to the ballgame bitch" file:

[...]

What, no "Puddle of Mudd" - She Fucking Hates Me?
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 15, 2016, 01:49:20 PM
From the "Take me out to the ballgame bitch" file:

[...]

I think that should be moved into the Did Yo Mama Have Any Kids That Lived? file.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 01:53:42 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: sfish on August 15, 2016, 01:58:13 PM
Stumbled upon a very good auction at Famous, just won these:

El Centurion Robusto 5 Pk   $14.00    QTY:3
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 02:04:50 PM
Stumbled upon a very good auction at Famous, just won these:

El Centurion Robusto 5 Pk   $14.00    QTY:3
Good score Fishy.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: sfish on August 15, 2016, 02:08:44 PM
Stumbled upon a very good auction at Famous, just won these:

El Centurion Robusto 5 Pk   $14.00    QTY:3
Good score Fishy.
They started at $12, surprising for Famous. Thinking of adding some Four Kicks CGs for $15/5-pack
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 15, 2016, 02:11:31 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
You're welcome.  Remember, next week, your turn to call in the unnamed threat.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 02:13:27 PM
Stumbled upon a very good auction at Famous, just won these:

El Centurion Robusto 5 Pk   $14.00    QTY:3
Nice!
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 02:14:11 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
You're welcome.  Remember, next week, your turn to call in the unnamed threat.
Somebody probably farted
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 15, 2016, 02:16:55 PM
"WASHINGTON — Marion "Christopher" Barry, Jr., the only son of Washington, D.C.’s late embattled Mayor Marion Barry, died early Sunday, WUSA-TV reported. He was 36.

The younger Barry, known to his friends as Christopher or Chris, died of an apparent overdose on synthetic marijuana, The Washington Post reported, quoting those close to him. No official cause of death was immediately confirmed."

Apple didn't fall far from the tree.  Must be somebody else they can blame it on.
White privilege made him take drugs.
Blame it on the poleece for not stopping the drug trafficking.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 02:27:15 PM
"WASHINGTON — Marion "Christopher" Barry, Jr., the only son of Washington, D.C.’s late embattled Mayor Marion Barry, died early Sunday, WUSA-TV reported. He was 36.

The younger Barry, known to his friends as Christopher or Chris, died of an apparent overdose on synthetic marijuana, The Washington Post reported, quoting those close to him. No official cause of death was immediately confirmed."

Apple didn't fall far from the tree.  Must be somebody else they can blame it on.
White privilege made him take drugs.
Blame it on the poleece for not stopping the drug trafficking.
Both sound like good options.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 02:37:24 PM
City releases statement about planned protest at Graceland vigil

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Memphis Police Director and head lawyer have released a statement regarding a planned protest at Monday’s Elvis Candlelight Vigil at Graceland.

“We will protect the rights of the protesters, visitors, patrons, property owners, and residents. We will expect the conduct of all to be lawful.”

Protesters say they are choosing the annual event to protesting what they see as a lack of accountability in deadly police shootings involving black people, a system of what they call continuing police oppression and low-paying, dead-end jobs.

As of now, police are not aware of a protest permit being filed with the city.

Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 02:45:28 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
Cigar fired and beverage poured?
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 02:53:21 PM
Stumbled upon a very good auction at Famous, just won these:

El Centurion Robusto 5 Pk   $14.00    QTY:3
Good score Fishy.
They started at $12, surprising for Famous. Thinking of adding some Four Kicks CGs for $15/5-pack
Indeed.  Now how to work the FS.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 02:54:24 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
Man you have all the luck, though rather inconsiderate to have done it on a rainy day.  They couldn't wait to pull that stunt during nicer weather?
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 02:56:05 PM
City releases statement about planned protest at Graceland vigil

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Memphis Police Director and head lawyer have released a statement regarding a planned protest at Monday’s Elvis Candlelight Vigil at Graceland.

“We will protect the rights of the protesters, visitors, patrons, property owners, and residents. We will expect the conduct of all to be lawful.”

Protesters say they are choosing the annual event to protesting what they see as a lack of accountability in deadly police shootings involving black people, a system of what they call continuing police oppression and low-paying, dead-end jobs.

As of now, police are not aware of a protest permit being filed with the city.
Now WTF did Elvis do? Oh yeah, he's white.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 02:57:26 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
Cigar fired and beverage poured?
Nap first
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 02:59:05 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
Officials evacuate building in Downtown due to fire
12:57 PM. CDT August 15, 2016

Electrical fire underground.  The fire has led to multiple power outages Downtown and light smoke in the building.

Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 15, 2016, 03:02:03 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
Officials evacuate building in Downtown due to fire
12:57 PM. CDT August 15, 2016

Electrical fire underground.  The fire has led to multiple power outages Downtown and light smoke in the building.
Light smoke, did you elect a pope?  Oh wait, that's white smoke....
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 03:05:20 PM
Stumbled upon a very good auction at Famous, just won these:

El Centurion Robusto 5 Pk   $14.00    QTY:3
Good score Fishy.
They started at $12, surprising for Famous. Thinking of adding some Four Kicks CGs for $15/5-pack
Indeed.  Now how to work the FS.
See if PC11FS works.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 03:06:24 PM
City releases statement about planned protest at Graceland vigil

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Memphis Police Director and head lawyer have released a statement regarding a planned protest at Monday’s Elvis Candlelight Vigil at Graceland.

“We will protect the rights of the protesters, visitors, patrons, property owners, and residents. We will expect the conduct of all to be lawful.”

Protesters say they are choosing the annual event to protesting what they see as a lack of accountability in deadly police shootings involving black people, a system of what they call continuing police oppression and low-paying, dead-end jobs.

As of now, police are not aware of a protest permit being filed with the city.
Now WTF did Elvis do? Oh yeah, he's white.
Plus mostly white people will be at the Vigil.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 03:07:13 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
Officials evacuate building in Downtown due to fire
12:57 PM. CDT August 15, 2016

Electrical fire underground.  The fire has led to multiple power outages Downtown and light smoke in the building.
Sounds like you won't be getting in tomorrow....sorry.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 03:08:01 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
Officials evacuate building in Downtown due to fire
12:57 PM. CDT August 15, 2016

Electrical fire underground.  The fire has led to multiple power outages Downtown and light smoke in the building.
Sounds like you won't be getting in tomorrow....sorry.
I am hoping for the week!!!!!!
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 03:09:02 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
Officials evacuate building in Downtown due to fire
12:57 PM. CDT August 15, 2016

Electrical fire underground.  The fire has led to multiple power outages Downtown and light smoke in the building.
Light smoke, did you elect a pope?  Oh wait, that's white smoke....
Wonder if that light smoke smells suspiciously like a JH Lancero on fire.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 03:10:02 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
Officials evacuate building in Downtown due to fire
12:57 PM. CDT August 15, 2016

Electrical fire underground.  The fire has led to multiple power outages Downtown and light smoke in the building.
Light smoke, did you elect a pope?  Oh wait, that's white smoke....
Wonder if that light smoke smells suspiciously like a JH Lancero on fire.
:o
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 03:12:11 PM
Brown truck dropped by with my $1.75 Villagers
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 03:18:59 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
Officials evacuate building in Downtown due to fire
12:57 PM. CDT August 15, 2016

Electrical fire underground.  The fire has led to multiple power outages Downtown and light smoke in the building.
Light smoke, did you elect a pope?  Oh wait, that's white smoke....
Wonder if that light smoke smells suspiciously like a JH Lancero on fire.
Most of us thinking the same thing.
Comes back from a walk, and a few minutes later...
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 03:19:41 PM
Brown truck dropped by with my $1.75 Villagers
I guess every day of retirement can't be the high life...
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 03:22:33 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
Officials evacuate building in Downtown due to fire
12:57 PM. CDT August 15, 2016

Electrical fire underground.  The fire has led to multiple power outages Downtown and light smoke in the building.
Light smoke, did you elect a pope?  Oh wait, that's white smoke....
Wonder if that light smoke smells suspiciously like a JH Lancero on fire.
Most of us thinking the same thing.
Comes back from a walk, and a few minutes later...
No walk today, pouring down rainy
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 03:41:51 PM
@TxDave, something we all know, but portends well for you selling your house next year.
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html (http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html)
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 03:58:56 PM
@TxDave, something we all know, but portends well for you selling your house next year.
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html (http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html)
Time to start planning another N/S road to ease the load off of 35!
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 04:00:14 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
Officials evacuate building in Downtown due to fire
12:57 PM. CDT August 15, 2016

Electrical fire underground.  The fire has led to multiple power outages Downtown and light smoke in the building.
Light smoke, did you elect a pope?  Oh wait, that's white smoke....
Wonder if that light smoke smells suspiciously like a JH Lancero on fire.
Most of us thinking the same thing.
Comes back from a walk, and a few minutes later...
No walk today, pouring down rainy
Then how did you start the fire?
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 04:01:57 PM
9th record all time high close for the DOW this year!

+59 @ 18,635
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 04:02:33 PM
Well only a half-Monday.  Home now, evacuated the building and said leave the premises immediately.  So they told us to go home.  "Un-named threat" and the fire trucks rolled up and started pulling up manhole covers in the street.
Officials evacuate building in Downtown due to fire
12:57 PM. CDT August 15, 2016

Electrical fire underground.  The fire has led to multiple power outages Downtown and light smoke in the building.
Light smoke, did you elect a pope?  Oh wait, that's white smoke....
Wonder if that light smoke smells suspiciously like a JH Lancero on fire.
Most of us thinking the same thing.
Comes back from a walk, and a few minutes later...
No walk today, pouring down rainy
Then how did you start the fire?
The fire was actually a block away from my building.

Vagrants probably did it
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 04:03:36 PM
@TxDave, something we all know, but portends well for you selling your house next year.
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html (http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html)
Time to start planning another N/S road to ease the load off of 35!
Got one with an 85 mph speed limit and nobody uses it.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 04:05:15 PM
@TxDave, something we all know, but portends well for you selling your house next year.
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html (http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html)
This would be a win-win for me, better real estate market to sell my house and my ass will be gone when the shit-heads get here.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 04:09:41 PM
Time for a smoke, got to pick somethings out.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 04:11:55 PM
@TxDave, something we all know, but portends well for you selling your house next year.
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html (http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html)
Time to start planning another N/S road to ease the load off of 35!
Got one with an 85 mph speed limit and nobody uses it.
That section is too far south. The 80 mph section on the east side of town gets plenty of use.  In fact, it could use another lane during rush hours.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 04:12:13 PM
Time for a smoke, got to pick somethings out.
UC corona viva going here.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 04:13:01 PM
@TxDave, something we all know, but portends well for you selling your house next year.
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html (http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html)
This would be a win-win for me, better real estate market to sell my house and my ass will be gone when the shit-heads get here.
True except for the shit-heads part, they're already here, just more on the way.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 04:13:45 PM
Time for a smoke, got to pick somethings out.
UC corona viva going here.
Nice choice
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 04:14:31 PM
@TxDave, something we all know, but portends well for you selling your house next year.
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html (http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html)
This would be a win-win for me, better real estate market to sell my house and my ass will be gone when the shit-heads get here.
True except for the shit-heads part, they're already here, just more on the way.
Yeah, I should have said when more shit-heads get here.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 04:16:01 PM
@TxDave, something we all know, but portends well for you selling your house next year.
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html (http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html)
Time to start planning another N/S road to ease the load off of 35!
Got one with an 85 mph speed limit and nobody uses it.
That section is too far south. The 80 mph section on the east side of town gets plenty of use.  In fact, it could use another lane during rush hours.
But too many going through still use I-35, got to get the damn trucks off of it somehow.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 04:26:51 PM
@TxDave, something we all know, but portends well for you selling your house next year.
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html (http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html)
Time to start planning another N/S road to ease the load off of 35!
Got one with an 85 mph speed limit and nobody uses it.
How much does it cost?
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 04:34:50 PM
@TxDave, something we all know, but portends well for you selling your house next year.
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html (http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html)
Time to start planning another N/S road to ease the load off of 35!
Got one with an 85 mph speed limit and nobody uses it.
How much does it cost?
Fuk if I know but it can save you a lot of time and headache, in our lifetime  there will never be a free alternative to I35 through Austin nor one closer than the toll road.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 04:36:27 PM
@TxDave, something we all know, but portends well for you selling your house next year.
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html (http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html)
Time to start planning another N/S road to ease the load off of 35!
Got one with an 85 mph speed limit and nobody uses it.
That section is too far south. The 80 mph section on the east side of town gets plenty of use.  In fact, it could use another lane during rush hours.
But too many going through still use I-35, got to get the damn trucks off of it somehow.
They cut the 18 wheeler rate and there are quite a few more over there now.  But even if there were none on 35 that road would still be fk'd.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 04:37:37 PM
@TxDave, something we all know, but portends well for you selling your house next year.
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html (http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/08/15/why-so-many-businesses-are-fleeing-california-for.html)
Time to start planning another N/S road to ease the load off of 35!
Got one with an 85 mph speed limit and nobody uses it.
How much does it cost?
It's a toll road so depends on how far you want to go.  (TWSS)
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 04:47:18 PM
Time for a smoke, got to pick somethings out.
UC corona viva going here.
Diesel Dogs Hair lit
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 04:54:01 PM
3.9" of rain at my house today.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 15, 2016, 05:29:03 PM
getting ready to head out....
have a good day guys...
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 05:34:59 PM
getting ready to head out....
have a good day guys...
Later Flip
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 05:47:06 PM
Damn, office building will reopen at 6:00 in the morning.  Bastiges!
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 06:00:07 PM
getting ready to head out....
have a good day guys...
Yeah, me too.  Have a good evening, boys.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 06:04:07 PM
getting ready to head out....
have a good day guys...
Yeah, me too.  Have a good evening, boys.
What the hell is this?  Bankers hours?  Performance review isn't going to be kind.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 06:08:32 PM
getting ready to head out....
have a good day guys...
Yeah, me too.  Have a good evening, boys.
Time to do some crown molding work when you get home.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 15, 2016, 06:08:47 PM
getting ready to head out....
have a good day guys...
Yeah, me too.  Have a good evening, boys.
What the hell is this?  Bankers hours?  Performance review isn't going to be kind.
Only 11 hrs today.  GFY.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 15, 2016, 06:10:47 PM
Mmmm, oxtails and cheerios. Looks like I missed some stuff.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 15, 2016, 06:14:29 PM
Stumbled upon a very good auction at Famous, just won these:

El Centurion Robusto 5 Pk$14.00 QTY:3
Well done indeed.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 15, 2016, 06:18:30 PM
3.9" of rain at my house today.
Time for scuba gear.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 06:21:08 PM
@TexDave...nice little Charleston walkabout story:

http://jetsettimes.com/2016/07/04/amazing-weekend-charleston-south-carolina/

They hit a number of my Fav's.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 06:22:11 PM
Evening Uncle Tony!
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 06:40:15 PM
@TexDave...nice little Charleston walkabout story:

http://jetsettimes.com/2016/07/04/amazing-weekend-charleston-south-carolina/

They hit a number of my Fav's.
Interesting, a few joints I never heard of.  Had my birthday dinner at "SNOB" when my son was in school.  I have walked by that place "The Grocery" but have never even heard it mentioned before when talking restaurants, might be a hidden gem.

Never heard of the Gin Joint but will check that out too.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 15, 2016, 06:41:01 PM
@TexDave...nice little Charleston walkabout story:

http://jetsettimes.com/2016/07/04/amazing-weekend-charleston-south-carolina/

They hit a number of my Fav's.
May need to find a sitter for the weekend.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 06:42:14 PM
Evening Mayor T
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 06:50:18 PM
@TexDave...nice little Charleston walkabout story:

http://jetsettimes.com/2016/07/04/amazing-weekend-charleston-south-carolina/

They hit a number of my Fav's.
May need to find a sitter for the weekend.
Sounds like a good job for the warden ;D
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 15, 2016, 07:00:07 PM
@TexDave...nice little Charleston walkabout story:

http://jetsettimes.com/2016/07/04/amazing-weekend-charleston-south-carolina/

They hit a number of my Fav's.
May need to find a sitter for the weekend.
Sounds like a good job for the warden ;D
...he said sarcastically.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 08:48:53 PM
@TexDave...nice little Charleston walkabout story:

http://jetsettimes.com/2016/07/04/amazing-weekend-charleston-south-carolina/

They hit a number of my Fav's.
May need to find a sitter for the weekend.
Sounds like a good job for the warden ;D
...he said sarcastically.
...half sarcastically.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 15, 2016, 08:57:50 PM
@TexDave...nice little Charleston walkabout story:

http://jetsettimes.com/2016/07/04/amazing-weekend-charleston-south-carolina/

They hit a number of my Fav's.
May need to find a sitter for the weekend.
Sounds like a good job for the warden ;D
...he said sarcastically.
...half sarcastically.
1/4
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 15, 2016, 09:00:26 PM
@TexDave...nice little Charleston walkabout story:

http://jetsettimes.com/2016/07/04/amazing-weekend-charleston-south-carolina/

They hit a number of my Fav's.
May need to find a sitter for the weekend.
Sounds like a good job for the warden ;D
...he said sarcastically.
...half sarcastically.
1/4
You're telling me you were 75% serious? Did you forget we're talking about Tony's wife?
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 15, 2016, 09:07:19 PM
@TexDave...nice little Charleston walkabout story:

http://jetsettimes.com/2016/07/04/amazing-weekend-charleston-south-carolina/

They hit a number of my Fav's.
May need to find a sitter for the weekend.
Sounds like a good job for the warden ;D
...he said sarcastically.
...half sarcastically.
1/4
You're telling me you were 75% serious? Did you forget we're talking about Tony's wife?
Didn't want to get into detail.
Title: Re: 8/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 15, 2016, 11:52:49 PM

@TexDave...nice little Charleston walkabout story:

http://jetsettimes.com/2016/07/04/amazing-weekend-charleston-south-carolina/

They hit a number of my Fav's.
May need to find a sitter for the weekend.
Sounds like a good job for the warden ;D
...he said sarcastically.
...half sarcastically.
1/4
You're telling me you were 75% serious? Did you forget we're talking about Tony's wife?

Definitely 100% sarcastic. Don't half ass it. Trust me, she's worthless and deserves being talked shit about.