Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2017, 05:33:04 PM »

Tom Petty was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after he was found unconscious, not breathing and in full cardiac arrest ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

EMTs rushed to his Malibu home and were able to get a pulse. He was rushed to the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and our sources say he was put on life support.

Petty's condition is unknown but was critical from the moment he was found.

Petty, who became famous with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 1978 with "Breakdown," is 66.
We've been in touch with numerous people from Petty's camp and they are clearly upset but not talking.
Update:

REPORT: Tom Petty taken off life support after cardiac arrest
that's a Heartbreaker.
Oh damn... way too soon. Petty is my favorite Floridian.
He's not dead...at least not yet. Removing him from life support appears to be an upgrade, at least from what I can find.
He is now.
Raz better stick to preaching and stay away from doctoring.
RIP, Mr. Petty. I'll smoke a cigar this evening in your honor. The Liga Privada Undercrown Gran Toro.

« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2017, 05:33:35 PM »

[...]

GFY. Did either of you read back? I revised the moment word came through that he was gone. Sheesh.
lay on the hands Raz.
You maybe but NOT ME, last thing I want to do is fall in a Fuk'n concrete ditch :o
Not even for 275 grand?

« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2017, 05:34:04 PM »

[...]

Runnin' down a dream.

« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2017, 05:34:53 PM »

[...]

In all fairness, I was responding in order. I didn't see your revision until later.

« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2017, 05:56:14 PM »

[...]

NO!

« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2017, 06:11:04 PM »

[...]

Well, now he is not dead (Dr Raz was still wrong though, he was not getting better)

UPDATE: Citing a source, Variety reported at 1:30 p.m. PT that Petty had died. However, the LAPD has clarified that a statement 'inadvertently provided' incorrect information to media sources. Variety will continue to monitor the situation and provide the most accurate information possible amid conflicting reports. TMZ reported that Petty is "clinging to life support."

« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2017, 06:50:13 PM »

Some very confusing things about the shooting.  The distance from that 32nd floor hotel window to the middle of the concert grounds was about 1,700 feet or almost 600 yards and according to multiple reports many bullets went through the bodies. Also from listening to recordings the rifle(s) had to be full auto for such a rate of fire.   So, it had to be a quite powerful long range capable caliber in addition to the fact not too many 64 year old average men could possibly have enough control over said weapon type, rate of fire and caliber to even be able to hit the area very many times from that distance.  That is pretty much military sniper level shooting.

Not impossible at all but sure enough difficult.

« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2017, 07:08:46 PM »

Some very confusing things about the shooting.  The distance from that 32nd floor hotel window to the middle of the concert grounds was about 1,700 feet or almost 600 yards and according to multiple reports many bullets went through the bodies. Also from listening to recordings the rifle(s) had to be full auto for such a rate of fire.   So, it had to be a quite powerful long range capable caliber in addition to the fact not too many 64 year old average men could possibly have enough control over said weapon type, rate of fire and caliber to even be able to hit the area very many times from that distance.  That is pretty much military sniper level shooting.

Not impossible at all but sure enough difficult.
I've been thinking through the same details most of the day.  The fact that he was on the 32nd floor and he was firing at a crowd helps. He could just spray and pray.  On the other hand, I haven't seen any accurate info yet as to what he had and whether he really had any full auto. So I'm still skeptical of that claim.

« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2017, 07:19:26 PM »

[...]

We will never know all the truth but based on the phone audio recordings they have played it would pretty much have to be full auto to fire at that rate.  Many reports say .223's and .308's both used but take that for what it's worth.

« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2017, 07:20:09 PM »

Some very confusing things about the shooting.  The distance from that 32nd floor hotel window to the middle of the concert grounds was about 1,700 feet or almost 600 yards and according to multiple reports many bullets went through the bodies. Also from listening to recordings the rifle(s) had to be full auto for such a rate of fire.   So, it had to be a quite powerful long range capable caliber in addition to the fact not too many 64 year old average men could possibly have enough control over said weapon type, rate of fire and caliber to even be able to hit the area very many times from that distance.  That is pretty much military sniper level shooting.

Not impossible at all but sure enough difficult.
I'm sure there is much more to this story.

« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2017, 07:24:15 PM »

[...]

By the way, that's pretty fucked up. Everyone so wants to be the first to report something that they report a death before it's verified. Sheesh.

« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2017, 07:26:21 PM »

[...]

Absolutely but someone that well known would normally have a publicity manager to keep such chit from happening.

« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2017, 07:28:12 PM »

Some very confusing things about the shooting.  The distance from that 32nd floor hotel window to the middle of the concert grounds was about 1,700 feet or almost 600 yards and according to multiple reports many bullets went through the bodies. Also from listening to recordings the rifle(s) had to be full auto for such a rate of fire.   So, it had to be a quite powerful long range capable caliber in addition to the fact not too many 64 year old average men could possibly have enough control over said weapon type, rate of fire and caliber to even be able to hit the area very many times from that distance.  That is pretty much military sniper level shooting.

Not impossible at all but sure enough difficult.
I'm sure there is much more to this story.
Yeah but gun folks always think about such stuff when it just does not add up logically.

« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2017, 07:37:44 PM »

Some very confusing things about the shooting.  The distance from that 32nd floor hotel window to the middle of the concert grounds was about 1,700 feet or almost 600 yards and according to multiple reports many bullets went through the bodies. Also from listening to recordings the rifle(s) had to be full auto for such a rate of fire.   So, it had to be a quite powerful long range capable caliber in addition to the fact not too many 64 year old average men could possibly have enough control over said weapon type, rate of fire and caliber to even be able to hit the area very many times from that distance.  That is pretty much military sniper level shooting.

Not impossible at all but sure enough difficult.
I'm sure there is much more to this story.
Yeah but gun folks always think about such stuff when it just does not add up logically.
Yeah, for good reason. We want to know what to do to survive. Those people were sitting ducks for that monster.

Didja catch that his dad was a violent criminal who spent time on the FBI most-wanted list? That apple didn't fall far from the tree.

« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2017, 08:01:28 PM »

[...]

Not only did I catch it I posted it 4 hours ago, sheesh don't you read back?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7