Morning, all.
Well, well. Have the "day off"?

Something like that.  New beer recommendation:  Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues out of Colorado. It was about $10 for a six pack.  6.5% ABV, lots of hops buunut also a bit sweet, so not totally over the top like a more traditional IPA.  Good stuff, I can definitely see it becoming a go to for me.  Had a bunch of them last night.  Also had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale but didn't like it as much as the Warlock or Pumking.  Won't be repurchasing any of it this season.
+1 on Dale's Pale Ale damn good beer.
Try the Avery IPA, I prefer it slightly over the Dale's
The Stone RuinTen is the best IPA I've had recently

Also a favorite recent IPA of mine!  Almost grabbed a couple of those last night but went with the Dale's when I saw them instead.  Felt like trying something new (to me).
The Dale's is good but I think the Avery's is a bit smoother, worth a try. I can't get enough of the RuinTen lately
Can you please compare that to Sculpin? Thank you.

Always find it hard to compare beers head to head. I'd take RuinTen over Sculpin, mostly because there are other citrusy ipa alternatives out here so I wouldn't "miss" Sculpin if it disappeared because I'd chosen RuinTen instead.

Or you could just try both yourself.
I don't think I get RuinTen here, but I have had Sculpin quite a few times.

I had the Righteous Ale and the Lagunitas Little Sumpin' during Deano's eherf on Sunday.  Wasn't impressed with the prior and forgot how much I enjoyed the latter.

Morning, all.
Well, well. Have the "day off"?

Something like that.  New beer recommendation:  Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues out of Colorado. It was about $10 for a six pack.  6.5% ABV, lots of hops but also a bit sweet, so not totally over the top like a more traditional IPA.  Good stuff, I can definitely see it becoming a go to for me.  Had a bunch of them last night.  Also had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale but didn't like it as much as the Warlock or Pumking.  Won't be repurchasing any of it this season.
I think the Sam Adams Pumpkin scores high.  A little less complex than the Pumpking, but smooth creamy natural flavor (as contrasted with the many that taste like flavors were added to regular beer)
Sure don't want to further fuck up the pussy pumpkin flavor with the taste of real beer.
Do have some Shiner Octoberfest.
Good stuff had one Saturday.

[...]

If you're serious the Sculpin is lighter and fruitier, the Dale's is a bit more "in your face" with hops and bitterness (in a good way). The Avery is somewhere between those 2 and the RuinTen is in another league. The bottle says "A stage dive into a mosh pit of hops" and it's true, powerful yet doesn't make you wince, just really good and strong
Very interesting...have either of you had Heady Topper?...for comparisons sake
Logged

dwgbryant

fight nice guys. beginning to sound like the CI site.
Good observation Dean
Dean can't even see us from down there
old eyes, but I hear well.

[...]

Can't get either one around here that I know of never had one

[...]

I need to pick some of this up...love me some Shiner!

[...]

BTW Joe, I had the Chok and Mokah over the weekend and now prefer the Mokah

[...]

No
Logged

jswaykos

[...]

No. Don't get that one out here. I really enjoy California style IPAs and since they were the first I tried, I'm usually disappointed by other styles.
[...]

I still have one more Choklat... Love that stuff!  Gonna need a beer break soon. Got a Pumking and a VaS in the office fridge...

[...]

I haven't had much for the west coast stuff...really just green flash WC ipa and sculpin, plus a few random others.

[...]

Wow, that's really saying something.  I know my local place has the Mokah and I will definitely pick some up soon.
[...]

When I went to Florida a few months ago everyone told me I HAD to try stuff by Cigar City brewing, especially Jai Alai IPA. It was a huge letdown and I wouldn't buy it again if it were ever to be available here. Same with the coffee beer of theirs I had. Just so much variety available locally. We're spoiled.
Logged

dwgbryant

lunch time. hot meatball sub.