CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: 9/9/2014  (Read 59344 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 9/9/2014
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2014, 11:29:10 AM »

Morning, all.
Well, well. Have the "day off"?

Something like that.  New beer recommendation:  Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues out of Colorado. It was about $10 for a six pack.  6.5% ABV, lots of hops buunut also a bit sweet, so not totally over the top like a more traditional IPA.  Good stuff, I can definitely see it becoming a go to for me.  Had a bunch of them last night.  Also had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale but didn't like it as much as the Warlock or Pumking.  Won't be repurchasing any of it this season.
+1 on Dale's Pale Ale damn good beer.
Try the Avery IPA, I prefer it slightly over the Dale's
The Stone RuinTen is the best IPA I've had recently

Also a favorite recent IPA of mine!  Almost grabbed a couple of those last night but went with the Dale's when I saw them instead.  Felt like trying something new (to me).
The Dale's is good but I think the Avery's is a bit smoother, worth a try. I can't get enough of the RuinTen lately
Can you please compare that to Sculpin? Thank you.

Always find it hard to compare beers head to head. I'd take RuinTen over Sculpin, mostly because there are other citrusy ipa alternatives out here so I wouldn't "miss" Sculpin if it disappeared because I'd chosen RuinTen instead.

Or you could just try both yourself.
I don't think I get RuinTen here, but I have had Sculpin quite a few times.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2014, 11:29:11 AM »

I had the Righteous Ale and the Lagunitas Little Sumpin' during Deano's eherf on Sunday.  Wasn't impressed with the prior and forgot how much I enjoyed the latter.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2014, 11:29:28 AM »

Morning, all.

Something like that.  New beer recommendation:  Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues out of Colorado. It was about $10 for a six pack.  6.5% ABV, lots of hops but also a bit sweet, so not totally over the top like a more traditional IPA.  Good stuff, I can definitely see it becoming a go to for me.  Had a bunch of them last night.  Also had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale but didn't like it as much as the Warlock or Pumking.  Won't be repurchasing any of it this season.
I think the Sam Adams Pumpkin scores high.  A little less complex than the Pumpking, but smooth creamy natural flavor (as contrasted with the many that taste like flavors were added to regular beer)
Sure don't want to further fuck up the pussy pumpkin flavor with the taste of real beer.
Do have some Shiner Octoberfest.
Good stuff had one Saturday.   

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2014, 11:30:02 AM »

Morning, all.

Something like that.  New beer recommendation:  Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues out of Colorado. It was about $10 for a six pack.  6.5% ABV, lots of hops buunut also a bit sweet, so not totally over the top like a more traditional IPA.  Good stuff, I can definitely see it becoming a go to for me.  Had a bunch of them last night.  Also had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale but didn't like it as much as the Warlock or Pumking.  Won't be repurchasing any of it this season.

Also a favorite recent IPA of mine!  Almost grabbed a couple of those last night but went with the Dale's when I saw them instead.  Felt like trying something new (to me).
The Dale's is good but I think the Avery's is a bit smoother, worth a try. I can't get enough of the RuinTen lately
If you're serious the Sculpin is lighter and fruitier, the Dale's is a bit more "in your face" with hops and bitterness (in a good way). The Avery is somewhere between those 2 and the RuinTen is in another league. The bottle says "A stage dive into a mosh pit of hops" and it's true, powerful yet doesn't make you wince, just really good and strong
Very interesting...have either of you had Heady Topper?...for comparisons sake

dwgbryant

« Reply #214 on: September 09, 2014, 11:31:03 AM »

fight nice guys. beginning to sound like the CI site.
Good observation Dean
Dean can't even see us from down there
old eyes, but I hear well.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #215 on: September 09, 2014, 11:31:16 AM »

Morning, all.

Always find it hard to compare beers head to head. I'd take RuinTen over Sculpin, mostly because there are other citrusy ipa alternatives out here so I wouldn't "miss" Sculpin if it disappeared because I'd chosen RuinTen instead.

I don't think I get RuinTen here, but I have had Sculpin quite a few times.
Can't get either one around here that I know of never had one

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #216 on: September 09, 2014, 11:32:11 AM »

Morning, all.

Something like that.  New beer recommendation:  Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues out of Colorado. It was about $10 for a six pack.  6.5% ABV, lots of hops but also a bit sweet, so not totally over the top like a more traditional IPA.  Good stuff, I can definitely see it becoming a go to for me.  Had a bunch of them last night.  Also had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale but didn't like it as much as the Warlock or Pumking.  Won't be repurchasing any of it this season.
I think the Sam Adams Pumpkin scores high.  A little less complex than the Pumpking, but smooth creamy natural flavor (as contrasted with the many that taste like flavors were added to regular beer)
Sure don't want to further fuck up the pussy pumpkin flavor with the taste of real beer.
Do have some Shiner Octoberfest.
Good stuff had one Saturday.
I need to pick some of this up...love me some Shiner!

sfish

« Reply #217 on: September 09, 2014, 11:32:13 AM »

Morning, all.

BTW Joe, I had the Chok and Mokah over the weekend and now prefer the Mokah

sfish

« Reply #218 on: September 09, 2014, 11:33:29 AM »

Morning, all.

If you're serious the Sculpin is lighter and fruitier, the Dale's is a bit more "in your face" with hops and bitterness (in a good way). The Avery is somewhere between those 2 and the RuinTen is in another league. The bottle says "A stage dive into a mosh pit of hops" and it's true, powerful yet doesn't make you wince, just really good and strong
No

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #219 on: September 09, 2014, 11:35:09 AM »

Morning, all.

No. Don't get that one out here. I really enjoy California style IPAs and since they were the first I tried, I'm usually disappointed by other styles.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #220 on: September 09, 2014, 11:36:09 AM »

Morning, all.

I still have one more Choklat... Love that stuff!  Gonna need a beer break soon. Got a Pumking and a VaS in the office fridge...

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #221 on: September 09, 2014, 11:36:17 AM »

Morning, all.

No. Don't get that one out here. I really enjoy California style IPAs and since they were the first I tried, I'm usually disappointed by other styles.
I haven't had much for the west coast stuff...really just green flash WC ipa and sculpin, plus a few random others.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #222 on: September 09, 2014, 11:38:40 AM »

Morning, all.

Wow, that's really saying something.  I know my local place has the Mokah and I will definitely pick some up soon.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #223 on: September 09, 2014, 11:38:58 AM »

Morning, all.

I haven't had much for the west coast stuff...really just green flash WC ipa and sculpin, plus a few random others.

When I went to Florida a few months ago everyone told me I HAD to try stuff by Cigar City brewing, especially Jai Alai IPA. It was a huge letdown and I wouldn't buy it again if it were ever to be available here. Same with the coffee beer of theirs I had. Just so much variety available locally. We're spoiled.

dwgbryant

« Reply #224 on: September 09, 2014, 11:41:37 AM »

lunch time. hot meatball sub.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29