CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: 9/8/2014  (Read 54795 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 9/8/2014
« Reply #255 on: September 08, 2014, 11:48:20 AM »

We are approaching 18 pages here and on a Jam Day CI folks have 8 posts.
Let's go ahead and declare victory for Tony now.
It was very kind of them to stop by and provide one obligatory post for Dean during the herf.  (and then congratulate each other for doing that)
All the banter switch did was expose a couple tools, who then imploded. Otherwise it's been a much freer experience here
Freer (and broader) experience is the key.  You made inclusiveness clear from the beginning.  I don't believe there was ever an us vs them from most folks.  But as they say about a few bad apples.

sfish

« Reply #256 on: September 08, 2014, 11:48:24 AM »

What do I win?  C'mon guys, really?  We used to be more civilized when the GFYs flowed more easily.  Post where you like.
True, but somehow, GFY's and other insults are now meant seriously.  Light hearted ribbing and jokes have become personal attacks.  Sources are clear.
Okay, okay...I get it! I'll tone it down, geez
What makes you think I'm talking about you dingleberry?
You were getting all serious on us, had to break it up.

sfish

« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2014, 11:51:15 AM »

It was very kind of them to stop by and provide one obligatory post for Dean during the herf.  (and then congratulate each other for doing that)
All the banter switch did was expose a couple tools, who then imploded. Otherwise it's been a much freer experience here
Freer (and broader) experience is the key.  You made inclusiveness clear from the beginning.  I don't believe there was ever an us vs them from most folks.  But as they say about a few bad apples.
Very true, the division was invented and perpetuated by (what turns out to be) two dicks

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2014, 11:51:30 AM »

Time for a walk and a cigar.  BBL......18!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #259 on: September 08, 2014, 11:52:18 AM »

Very true, the division was invented and perpetuated by (what turns out to be) two dicks
Just keep your five out of it.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #260 on: September 08, 2014, 11:52:45 AM »

What do I win?  C'mon guys, really?  We used to be more civilized when the GFYs flowed more easily.  Post where you like.
True, but somehow, GFY's and other insults are now meant seriously.  Light hearted ribbing and jokes have become personal attacks.  Sources are clear.
Agreed.  And I appreciate the support.  I'm just choosing to ignore the posts I don't want to read.  A lot of the attacks were personal towards me too but I just let them roll of my back.  My intent was never to create a schism.  But now that it is clear there is one, I will be changing post counts to reflect actually posted on CigarBanter.
Good choice letting the comments roll off your back, they'd linger waaaay too long if they had to roll across your belly
LMAO.  You bastard.  That comment hurt so I'm gonna go grab lunch now.

sfish

« Reply #261 on: September 08, 2014, 11:52:52 AM »

Agreed.  And I appreciate the support.  I'm just choosing to ignore the posts I don't want to read.  A lot of the attacks were personal towards me too but I just let them roll of my back.  My intent was never to create a schism.  But now that it is clear there is one, I will be changing post counts to reflect actually posted on CigarBanter.
Good choice letting the comments roll off your back, they'd linger waaaay too long if they had to roll across your belly
LMAO  but that deserves a GFY
Ha! He can fight his own battles, he's a big boy (damn, did it again)

sfish

« Reply #262 on: September 08, 2014, 11:54:23 AM »

LMAO.  You bastard.  That comment hurt so I'm gonna go grab lunch now.
I feel sorry for lunch

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #263 on: September 08, 2014, 11:57:45 AM »

+1

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #264 on: September 08, 2014, 11:59:51 AM »

I am thinking 3 dicks

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #265 on: September 08, 2014, 12:01:02 PM »

Damn work, got me all hungry!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #266 on: September 08, 2014, 12:02:44 PM »

Eventually.
Target date: April 2017

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #267 on: September 08, 2014, 12:04:23 PM »

Eventually.
Target date: April 2017
Fuck, there goes my credibility!  :P

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #268 on: September 08, 2014, 12:05:11 PM »

Official Noon Eastern Time Standing (of course we are not keeping "scores"):    18 Pages vs 12 Posts

sfish

« Reply #269 on: September 08, 2014, 12:05:47 PM »

I am thinking 3 dicks
Ahh, you're right
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31