CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: 10/5/2021  (Read 3741 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 10/5/2021
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2021, 01:16:57 PM »

So there I am, eating my lunch and watching some TV, when I hear a very loud sound from outside. Sounded odd, so I went to investigate. Turns out it was from a semi truck that somehow got lost and ended up on my very residential sized street. As it tried to round the corner next to the house behind me, he didn't think he could make it and tried to back up. And backed right into some lines hanging across the street he somehow didn't hit the first time past. The line goes to a pole in my backyard, then 90 degrees over to the back of my house. Ripped it, bracket and all, off my house, so now it's hanging a couple feet over my backyard. Same with the neighbor on the other side of the street. Looks like it's the internet line, and while the internet is still connected, had to call to get them to send someone out to put it back on the house. Oh, and the driver, who said he was going to find a place to park and come back to call someone, yeah, we're never gonna see him again.

If there was a parrot involved, that would've felt like a BD story.
Speaking of BD, I wonder what costume he bought for his wife this year?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2021, 01:29:55 PM »

So there I am, eating my lunch and watching some TV, when I hear a very loud sound from outside. Sounded odd, so I went to investigate. Turns out it was from a semi truck that somehow got lost and ended up on my very residential sized street. As it tried to round the corner next to the house behind me, he didn't think he could make it and tried to back up. And backed right into some lines hanging across the street he somehow didn't hit the first time past. The line goes to a pole in my backyard, then 90 degrees over to the back of my house. Ripped it, bracket and all, off my house, so now it's hanging a couple feet over my backyard. Same with the neighbor on the other side of the street. Looks like it's the internet line, and while the internet is still connected, had to call to get them to send someone out to put it back on the house. Oh, and the driver, who said he was going to find a place to park and come back to call someone, yeah, we're never gonna see him again.

Didn't get his license plate?
And they were parakeets, not parrots.
No, I didn't talk to him, and by time I got out there, he was leaving.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2021, 01:30:16 PM »

Speaking of BD, I wonder what costume he bought for his wife this year?
Some times, ignorance is bliss.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2021, 01:33:43 PM »

I guess everyone was lucky the electric lines weren't all torn down. should be easy to find, 18 wheeler on a narrow residential street.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2021, 01:36:06 PM »

I guess everyone was lucky the electric lines weren't all torn down. should be easy to find, 18 wheeler on a narrow residential street.
I'm sure he's halfway to Toledo by now.

And you're right, at least everything still works. It could've been much worse.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2021, 01:40:41 PM »

Tuesday afternoon.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2021, 01:54:10 PM »

Tuesday afternoon.
It's no short filler, but I'm guessing it'll do.  :D

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2021, 01:56:18 PM »

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2021, 01:56:34 PM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2021, 02:08:34 PM »

AT&T is Johnny-on-the-spot today, they're already out fixing their portion of the line going to the neighbor's house and across the street.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2021, 02:09:16 PM »

Really sending Captain Kirk into space next week!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/william-shatner-says-he-looks-forward-to-seeing-the-vastness-of-space/ar-AAPa2FA?ocid=msedgntp
I believe Scotty already beat him there, but Shatner will have the advantage, since he'll still be alive when he makes the trip.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2021, 02:10:26 PM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2021, 02:17:07 PM »

Really sending Captain Kirk into space next week!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/william-shatner-says-he-looks-forward-to-seeing-the-vastness-of-space/ar-AAPa2FA?ocid=msedgntp
I'd be interested to hear how it all goes. He's 90 already. God bless him.
There's a scene in Search for Spock where he, Chekov, Uhura and Sulu are gathered around, toasting absent (read: dead) friends. It's especially weird now, since those 4 are the only original cast still alive.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2021, 02:20:45 PM »

Hazzuh!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2021, 03:00:16 PM »

I had just dozed off and the hospital calls. be there at 5:30am tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8