Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

« Reply #240 on: October 17, 2016, 10:33:50 PM »

Speaking of friendship and Facebook...

I haven't ever told y'all who might be curious how to find me on Facebook. Y'all know I'm trained and licensed as a preacher and work and volunteer at a church. I haven't invited y'all to find me simply because my Facebook feed frequently gets filled with "religious" issues and I don't push that on my online friends. But if you're interested, or you're interested in my gun group (where we don't do religion or politics), I'm Raz Gueado on Facebook.
RM 101 namakubi lit.  I get the Zika, it's all y'all's fault!
I'll take responsibility for it.

« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2016, 10:34:31 PM »

What a remarkable community we are. It never ceases to amaze me. I'm pouring an ale and raising a glass to Barry, Steve and Elva. Cheers.

« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2016, 10:34:52 PM »

Got called to dinner. Back shortly.
We'll be here.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2016, 10:35:35 PM »

Sly is joining us tonight and sends this photo, with the following...

Tony, I've read enough to hear about the afflictions and deaths of Steve O and Chip's wife.  I'm so sorry to hear about both.  My condolences go out to their families.
Looking for a place from which I can join the herf, I arrived at the Hard Times Cafe in Fairfax, VA and want to send this photo to be posted on the banter (I haven't figured it out with this iPhone 4 with its maxxed out memory).  I have been praying for them and now I'm sending this photo to show my solidarity: note the MB 3 which I was able to find in humidor #3, along with a dram of Tullamore Dew.
Thanks, Tony
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2016, 10:37:13 PM »

What a remarkable community we are. It never ceases to amaze me. I'm pouring an ale and raising a glass to Barry, Steve and Elva. Cheers.
MB 3 and Tullamore Dew here ... Hear, hear - To Barry, Steve and Elva!

« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2016, 10:39:13 PM »

Speaking of friendship and Facebook...

I haven't ever told y'all who might be curious how to find me on Facebook. Y'all know I'm trained and licensed as a preacher and work and volunteer at a church. I haven't invited y'all to find me simply because my Facebook feed frequently gets filled with "religious" issues and I don't push that on my online friends. But if you're interested, or you're interested in my gun group (where we don't do religion or politics), I'm Raz Gueado on Facebook.
RM 101 namakubi lit.  I get the Zika, it's all y'all's fault!
I'll take responsibility for it.
Sorry, fk'n things up using the phone.  Sheesh.

« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2016, 10:39:47 PM »

Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
Oh, hell. We've got two shops in Buckley, Washington...less than half a mile from my house, as the crow flies.
Unfortunately it's harder to bring back souvenirs than Cuban cigars....
Especially since the embargo's been lifted.
Well, yes and no.  You still can't buy them retail, it's just no longer illegal to carry them in.
I thought I heard that you can also now legally buy them in other countries and bring them in without the $100 limit.
Yes, but you can't buy them direct, or internet.

« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2016, 10:40:18 PM »

Speaking of friendship and Facebook...

I haven't ever told y'all who might be curious how to find me on Facebook. Y'all know I'm trained and licensed as a preacher and work and volunteer at a church. I haven't invited y'all to find me simply because my Facebook feed frequently gets filled with "religious" issues and I don't push that on my online friends. But if you're interested, or you're interested in my gun group (where we don't do religion or politics), I'm Raz Gueado on Facebook.
RM 101 namakubi lit.  I get the Zika, it's all y'all's fault!
I'll take responsibility for it.
Sorry, fk'n things up using the phone.  Sheesh.
Indeed, here hear.

« Reply #248 on: October 17, 2016, 10:42:49 PM »

What a remarkable community we are. It never ceases to amaze me. I'm pouring an ale and raising a glass to Barry, Steve and Elva. Cheers.
MB 3 and Tullamore Dew here ... Hear, hear - To Barry, Steve and Elva!
Indeed, here hear.

« Reply #249 on: October 17, 2016, 10:45:50 PM »

Delete. Sheesh

« Reply #250 on: October 17, 2016, 10:48:37 PM »

Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
Oh, hell. We've got two shops in Buckley, Washington...less than half a mile from my house, as the crow flies.
Unfortunately it's harder to bring back souvenirs than Cuban cigars....
Especially since the embargo's been lifted.
Well, yes and no.  You still can't buy them retail, it's just no longer illegal to carry them in.
I thought I heard that you can also now legally buy them in other countries and bring them in without the $100 limit.
Yes, but you can't buy them direct, or internet.
In time even commie Cuba will take American capitalist pig Visa/MasterCard.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #251 on: October 17, 2016, 10:51:06 PM »

Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
Oh, hell. We've got two shops in Buckley, Washington...less than half a mile from my house, as the crow flies.
Unfortunately it's harder to bring back souvenirs than Cuban cigars....
Especially since the embargo's been lifted.
Well, yes and no.  You still can't buy them retail, it's just no longer illegal to carry them in.
I thought I heard that you can also now legally buy them in other countries and bring them in without the $100 limit.
Yes, but you can't buy them direct, or internet.
Allegedly ... wink, wink.  Do you think there's any connection between the administration putting the regulation of premium aged hand rolled cigars under the FDA bureaucracy, whose regulations will kill or severely cripple the boutique cigar industry (founded much by Cuban émigrés who fled their homeland when Castro took over (stole) their lands, factories, businesses and fled to Dominican Republic, Honduras and Nicaragua with Cuban seed and generations of knowledge of growing, curing, fermenting & aging tobacco and rolling cigars) in order to pave the way to re-introduce Cuban (still under Marxist Communist rule) to the U.S. market? Anybody?

« Reply #252 on: October 17, 2016, 11:07:50 PM »

[...]
Nah, don't give them the credit for thinking that much.  Cuban cigars will come under the same stupid rules.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #253 on: October 17, 2016, 11:21:43 PM »

[...]
Thanks, Dave. The thought came to me when O'B announced the new rule taking away the limit, given his buddying up to the regime.

« Reply #254 on: October 17, 2016, 11:25:29 PM »

[...]
On the other hand, hard left Obama might figure a way to cut those poor put upon Cubans a break, in the name of reparations and what not.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18