CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: 4/27/2018  (Read 5288 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 4/27/2018
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2018, 03:30:49 PM »

I need a cigar. It's cloudy but not raining. I think I've got to smoke something.
Spoke too soon. It's raining again.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2018, 03:47:12 PM »

About time to pack it up for the day. Got a daddy/daughter luau tonight, with all 3 girls. My dogs are gonna be barking. Hazzuh!
Sounds like fun!  Enjoy!  Eat plenty of pineapple!
never understood how they got to be named pineapple.  doesn't look or smell like a pine tree, and doesn't taste or look like an apple.
They used to call pine cones pineapples, and because when discovered they thought these looked similar.
Likewise in Spanish, they are called Pina (as in Pina Colada)[too lazy to do the tilde]  which also is the word used for pine cone.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2018, 03:53:29 PM »

About time to pack it up for the day. Got a daddy/daughter luau tonight, with all 3 girls. My dogs are gonna be barking. Hazzuh!
never understood how they got to be named pineapple.  doesn't look or smell like a pine tree, and doesn't taste or look like an apple.
They used to call pine cones pineapples, and because when discovered they thought these looked similar.
Likewise in Spanish, they are called Pina (as in Pina Colada)[too lazy to do the tilde]  which also is the word used for pine cone.
Thanks, EtymologyDave.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2018, 03:56:07 PM »

I need a cigar. It's cloudy but not raining. I think I've got to smoke something.
I think you should as well.  (in case you were looking for that extra push)

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2018, 03:58:09 PM »

thanks!  probably the same people who named the constellations.  I even know how they did it.  a couple of hits of LSD, stare at the stars and "yeah man, that dipper looking group really looks like a Bear!"  Heck, did it more than once in the 70's myself!   :o

Threebean

« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2018, 03:58:17 PM »

All this talk of the NR made me decide to light one in the work man cave.  Should easily take me to the end of the day. 

Threebean

« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2018, 04:00:35 PM »

But why did "they" used to call pine cones pineapples?  Complete the explanation, dammit! 

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2018, 04:00:40 PM »

Awesome!  picking out a ride home smoke right now.  narrowed it down to a "V", a Black Dragon, or a Puro Ambar

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2018, 04:01:51 PM »

the TAT "Tattoo's" also have a CI-TTA-NEEDMZ part number
CI probably stands for cigar in the ERP system.
Makes sense.  we use ERP as well, and we use the 1st 3 letters of the manufacturer as a prefix, so, I can see that.  I can also see them buying them from CI and reselling them too, or, conspiratorially speaking, maybe CI or their parent owns them as well.
No, CI just owns Cigar.com, CigarBid and now Pipes and Cigars, Thompson.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2018, 04:02:15 PM »

But why did "they" used to call pine cones pineapples?  Complete the explanation, dammit!
  ...couple of hits of LSD, and "Yeah man, That looks like an apple".   ::)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2018, 04:03:56 PM »

Because they grew on pine trees and were roundish so similar to apples.  WTF else do I have to do for you....no, you have to hold it yourself. GFY!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2018, 04:06:29 PM »

Much appreciated. I got a Fleur De La Reine maduro from 2GuysCigars.com a while back. It's a big mamajama at 60+ ring guage. That's what I got my eye on today.

Threebean

« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2018, 04:24:38 PM »

Because they grew on pine trees and were roundish so similar to apples.  WTF else do I have to do for you....no, you have to hold it yourself. GFY!
Pine cones were called pine apples, and actual pineapples reminded "them" of pine cones, so they called the new discovery the same thing?  Is that why they changed the name of pine apples to pine cones so they wouldn't confuse the two?  WTF kind of disorganized language skills are those?  I think you're making the whole thing up to try and sound smart. 

Threebean

« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2018, 04:25:25 PM »

Much appreciated. I got a Fleur De La Reine maduro from 2GuysCigars.com a while back. It's a big mamajama at 60+ ring guage. That's what I got my eye on today.
TWSS

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2018, 04:26:55 PM »

Can't say I've heard of it, but that means absolutely nothing.  Enjoy!  Since you all aren't going to help, i'm going with the Black Dragon for the ride and saving the V for later this evening. You all have a great weekend!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9