Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2018, 03:30:49 PM »

I need a cigar. It's cloudy but not raining. I think I've got to smoke something.
Spoke too soon. It's raining again.

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2018, 03:47:12 PM »

About time to pack it up for the day. Got a daddy/daughter luau tonight, with all 3 girls. My dogs are gonna be barking. Hazzuh!
Sounds like fun!  Enjoy!  Eat plenty of pineapple!
never understood how they got to be named pineapple.  doesn't look or smell like a pine tree, and doesn't taste or look like an apple.
They used to call pine cones pineapples, and because when discovered they thought these looked similar.
Likewise in Spanish, they are called Pina (as in Pina Colada)[too lazy to do the tilde]  which also is the word used for pine cone.

« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2018, 03:53:29 PM »

About time to pack it up for the day. Got a daddy/daughter luau tonight, with all 3 girls. My dogs are gonna be barking. Hazzuh!
Sounds like fun!  Enjoy!  Eat plenty of pineapple!
never understood how they got to be named pineapple.  doesn't look or smell like a pine tree, and doesn't taste or look like an apple.
They used to call pine cones pineapples, and because when discovered they thought these looked similar.
Likewise in Spanish, they are called Pina (as in Pina Colada)[too lazy to do the tilde]  which also is the word used for pine cone.
Thanks, EtymologyDave.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 4/27/2018
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2018, 03:56:07 PM »

I need a cigar. It's cloudy but not raining. I think I've got to smoke something.
I think you should as well.  (in case you were looking for that extra push)
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 4/27/2018
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2018, 03:58:09 PM »

About time to pack it up for the day. Got a daddy/daughter luau tonight, with all 3 girls. My dogs are gonna be barking. Hazzuh!
Sounds like fun!  Enjoy!  Eat plenty of pineapple!
never understood how they got to be named pineapple.  doesn't look or smell like a pine tree, and doesn't taste or look like an apple.
They used to call pine cones pineapples, and because when discovered they thought these looked similar.
Likewise in Spanish, they are called Pina (as in Pina Colada)[too lazy to do the tilde]  which also is the word used for pine cone.
thanks!  probably the same people who named the constellations.  I even know how they did it.  a couple of hits of LSD, stare at the stars and "yeah man, that dipper looking group really looks like a Bear!"  Heck, did it more than once in the 70's myself!   :o

« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2018, 03:58:17 PM »

I need a cigar. It's cloudy but not raining. I think I've got to smoke something.
All this talk of the NR made me decide to light one in the work man cave.  Should easily take me to the end of the day.

« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2018, 04:00:35 PM »

About time to pack it up for the day. Got a daddy/daughter luau tonight, with all 3 girls. My dogs are gonna be barking. Hazzuh!
Sounds like fun!  Enjoy!  Eat plenty of pineapple!
never understood how they got to be named pineapple.  doesn't look or smell like a pine tree, and doesn't taste or look like an apple.
They used to call pine cones pineapples, and because when discovered they thought these looked similar.
Likewise in Spanish, they are called Pina (as in Pina Colada)[too lazy to do the tilde]  which also is the word used for pine cone.
But why did "they" used to call pine cones pineapples?  Complete the explanation, dammit!
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 4/27/2018
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2018, 04:00:40 PM »

Awesome!  picking out a ride home smoke right now.  narrowed it down to a "V", a Black Dragon, or a Puro Ambar

« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2018, 04:01:51 PM »

the TAT "Tattoo's" also have a CI-TTA-NEEDMZ part number
CI probably stands for cigar in the ERP system.
Makes sense.  we use ERP as well, and we use the 1st 3 letters of the manufacturer as a prefix, so, I can see that.  I can also see them buying them from CI and reselling them too, or, conspiratorially speaking, maybe CI or their parent owns them as well.
No, CI just owns Cigar.com, CigarBid and now Pipes and Cigars, Thompson.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 4/27/2018
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2018, 04:02:15 PM »

About time to pack it up for the day. Got a daddy/daughter luau tonight, with all 3 girls. My dogs are gonna be barking. Hazzuh!
Sounds like fun!  Enjoy!  Eat plenty of pineapple!
never understood how they got to be named pineapple.  doesn't look or smell like a pine tree, and doesn't taste or look like an apple.
They used to call pine cones pineapples, and because when discovered they thought these looked similar.
Likewise in Spanish, they are called Pina (as in Pina Colada)[too lazy to do the tilde]  which also is the word used for pine cone.
But why did "they" used to call pine cones pineapples?  Complete the explanation, dammit!
  ...couple of hits of LSD, and "Yeah man, That looks like an apple".   ::)

« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2018, 04:03:56 PM »

About time to pack it up for the day. Got a daddy/daughter luau tonight, with all 3 girls. My dogs are gonna be barking. Hazzuh!
Sounds like fun!  Enjoy!  Eat plenty of pineapple!
never understood how they got to be named pineapple.  doesn't look or smell like a pine tree, and doesn't taste or look like an apple.
They used to call pine cones pineapples, and because when discovered they thought these looked similar.
Likewise in Spanish, they are called Pina (as in Pina Colada)[too lazy to do the tilde]  which also is the word used for pine cone.
But why did "they" used to call pine cones pineapples?  Complete the explanation, dammit!
Because they grew on pine trees and were roundish so similar to apples.  WTF else do I have to do for you....no, you have to hold it yourself. GFY!

« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2018, 04:06:29 PM »

I need a cigar. It's cloudy but not raining. I think I've got to smoke something.
I think you should as well.  (in case you were looking for that extra push)
Much appreciated. I got a Fleur De La Reine maduro from 2GuysCigars.com a while back. It's a big mamajama at 60+ ring guage. That's what I got my eye on today.

« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2018, 04:24:38 PM »

About time to pack it up for the day. Got a daddy/daughter luau tonight, with all 3 girls. My dogs are gonna be barking. Hazzuh!
Sounds like fun!  Enjoy!  Eat plenty of pineapple!
never understood how they got to be named pineapple.  doesn't look or smell like a pine tree, and doesn't taste or look like an apple.
They used to call pine cones pineapples, and because when discovered they thought these looked similar.
Likewise in Spanish, they are called Pina (as in Pina Colada)[too lazy to do the tilde]  which also is the word used for pine cone.
But why did "they" used to call pine cones pineapples?  Complete the explanation, dammit!
Because they grew on pine trees and were roundish so similar to apples.  WTF else do I have to do for you....no, you have to hold it yourself. GFY!
Pine cones were called pine apples, and actual pineapples reminded "them" of pine cones, so they called the new discovery the same thing?  Is that why they changed the name of pine apples to pine cones so they wouldn't confuse the two?  WTF kind of disorganized language skills are those?  I think you're making the whole thing up to try and sound smart.

« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2018, 04:25:25 PM »

I need a cigar. It's cloudy but not raining. I think I've got to smoke something.
I think you should as well.  (in case you were looking for that extra push)
Much appreciated. I got a Fleur De La Reine maduro from 2GuysCigars.com a while back. It's a big mamajama at 60+ ring guage. That's what I got my eye on today.
TWSS
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 4/27/2018
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2018, 04:26:55 PM »

I need a cigar. It's cloudy but not raining. I think I've got to smoke something.
I think you should as well.  (in case you were looking for that extra push)
Much appreciated. I got a Fleur De La Reine maduro from 2GuysCigars.com a while back. It's a big mamajama at 60+ ring guage. That's what I got my eye on today.
Can't say I've heard of it, but that means absolutely nothing.  Enjoy!  Since you all aren't going to help, i'm going with the Black Dragon for the ride and saving the V for later this evening. You all have a great weekend!
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9