CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: 11/8/2017  (Read 5176 times)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
Re: 11/8/2017
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2017, 01:45:26 PM »

Good morning Sam.  Good to have you drop in while the coffee is still fresh.
funny you would mention that, was out of my office for,evidently, longer than I thought, got back here and took a nice big swig of cold coffee... that's just plain nasty.  have NEVER seen the appeal of iced coffee.
+1 on that iced coffee concept!
I do enjoy me an iced Cafe Americano on a hot day.  My daughter always drinks her coffee iced.
I like my coffee, like my women. On ice, with no sugar - that's right, cold & bitter!
That may be what's been served, but do you actually like it that way?
we had a city holiday yesterday (politicians want city employees to vote on Election day!), so I stopped
for a 2nd time at a new Asian fusion restaurant.  First time I went, I asked for iced green tea, they said they don't
have that.  I asked, do you serve hot green tea? they replied yes, Can you bring me a large glass filled w/ ice?
Again yes, told them, then yes bring me those two things, and I can make iced green tea.  Years ago, a sushi place
out in Parsippany, had the same answers.  They were amazed as well.  but the next time I went, they brought me
a large pitcher filled with ice, and the pot of hot tea, as well as a tall empty glass.  Short answer, i prefer my coffee,
either iced or tepid.  sometimes i will take ice cubes from a glass of water, and stir them into the hot coffee.  When a waitress
comes by and wants to know if she should top off my coffee cup to make it hot again, i usually ask that they please don't.
Got the girls at Tim Horton's to put a few ice cubes in my coffee cup, before they pour it.

Threebean

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2017, 02:06:40 PM »

funny you would mention that, was out of my office for,evidently, longer than I thought, got back here and took a nice big swig of cold coffee... that's just plain nasty.  have NEVER seen the appeal of iced coffee.
I do enjoy me an iced Cafe Americano on a hot day.  My daughter always drinks her coffee iced.
I like my coffee, like my women. On ice, with no sugar - that's right, cold & bitter!
we had a city holiday yesterday (politicians want city employees to vote on Election day!), so I stopped
for a 2nd time at a new Asian fusion restaurant.  First time I went, I asked for iced green tea, they said they don't
have that.  I asked, do you serve hot green tea? they replied yes, Can you bring me a large glass filled w/ ice?
Again yes, told them, then yes bring me those two things, and I can make iced green tea.  Years ago, a sushi place
out in Parsippany, had the same answers.  They were amazed as well.  but the next time I went, they brought me
a large pitcher filled with ice, and the pot of hot tea, as well as a tall empty glass.  Short answer, i prefer my coffee,
either iced or tepid.  sometimes i will take ice cubes from a glass of water, and stir them into the hot coffee.  When a waitress
comes by and wants to know if she should top off my coffee cup to make it hot again, i usually ask that they please don't.
Got the girls at Tim Horton's to put a few ice cubes in my coffee cup, before they pour it.
So adding ice to a hot drink makes it cold.  Got it.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2017, 02:14:51 PM »

We don't serve iced green tea!  Sure you do, some assembly required!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2017, 02:26:51 PM »

But adding a hot drink to ice makes it warm, go figger ???

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2017, 02:29:54 PM »

And diluted.

Threebean

« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2017, 02:33:09 PM »

Actually the term is "tepid" per Professor VitaFlip, though the Tim Horton girls would like return an even blanker stare at that request.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2017, 02:39:07 PM »

Actually the term is "tepid" per Professor VitaFlip, though the Tim Horton girls would like return an even blanker stare at that request.
Well Tim Hortons is Canadian so who cares anyway, also VERY overrated

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2017, 02:43:19 PM »

Well Tim Hortons is Canadian so who cares anyway, also VERY overrated
they(Tim Horton's) replaced the Dunkin Donuts in Penn Station, but one came back, at another area, plus
there is a Krispy Kreme donuts as well.  there are also two Zaro's bakeries in Penn station, at different ends of the
same floor.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2017, 02:45:08 PM »

so, cigars, gun's, Dean's Womenfolk, and coffee and donuts are
conversation starters here at the banter?  8)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2017, 02:47:22 PM »

Granite folks just called and Countertops next Thursday.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2017, 02:58:11 PM »

well, i recently received an M1 WWII japan theater rifle from my stepfatherinlaw.  has a few rounds of ammo so i'm thinking of taking it out doing some target practice.  heard it's a cool weapon to fire.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2017, 03:14:31 PM »

well, i recently received an M1 WWII japan theater rifle from my stepfatherinlaw.  has a few rounds of ammo so i'm thinking of taking it out doing some target practice.  heard it's a cool weapon to fire.
That is pretty cool but just to be safe (both you and the old gun) I would have it checked over by a qualified gunsmith before firing it then get some fresh ammo to use.

Threebean

« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2017, 03:21:45 PM »

Hmmm, seems like we were told that would be done by now, and someone here said it wouldn't happen, add two weeks. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2017, 03:27:21 PM »

Hmmm, seems like we were told that would be done by now, and someone here said it wouldn't happen, add two weeks.
You were never told that because we never had a date given until today, we just got a fabrication date last week.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2017, 03:37:45 PM »

I done my thermodynamics homework!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8