CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on May 18, 2022, 12:02:22 AM

Title: 5/18/2022
Post by: CigarBanter on May 18, 2022, 12:02:22 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on May 18, 2022, 02:16:41 AM
G'night, lads. Trying to get my sleep patterns reset again.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 06:04:28 AM
G'night, lads. Trying to get my sleep patterns reset again.
So no Wordle this time?
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 06:05:41 AM
JoeCigar:

Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniv. Champagne Epicure (6.0"x54) - 5 / $32.50
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 06:08:50 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Man O' War Side Projects Phalanx (Gordo) (6.5"x56) - 10 / $39.99

Door #2 - Drew Estate Tabak Especial Ltd. Red Eye (Robusto) (4.5"x54) - 10 / $49.99

Door #3 - Camacho Scorpion Sun Grown Robusto (5.0"x50) - 10 / $44.99
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 06:20:59 AM
Morning, Mayor T. Happy day of humping.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 06:23:37 AM
Morning, Mayor T. Happy day of humping.
And to you, kind sir.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 06:26:55 AM
Yesterday was a productive day in the office but I didn't get out of there until almost 6. Let's see what a work from home day brings me.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 06:36:29 AM
Yesterday was a productive day in the office but I didn't get out of there until almost 6. Let's see what a work from home day brings me.
An easier commute, at least.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 06:36:45 AM
That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 06:44:47 AM
Yesterday was a productive day in the office but I didn't get out of there until almost 6. Let's see what a work from home day brings me.
An easier commute, at least.
Very true. This week I have to go back in on Friday.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 06:45:59 AM
That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Impressive. I've only done that twice out of about 75 times.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 07:12:42 AM
That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Impressive. I've only done that twice out of about 75 times.
With only a green and a yellow on the first guess, it's definitely more luck than skill getting it on the second try. Lol

I'm 8/89 on the second try.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on May 18, 2022, 08:26:32 AM
Aaaand we're back. Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on May 18, 2022, 08:28:25 AM
G'night, lads. Trying to get my sleep patterns reset again.
So no Wordle this time?
I was in bed before the midnight switchover.

This one beat up on me.

Wordle 333 6/6

🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on May 18, 2022, 08:29:02 AM
That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Sheesh. Noice.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on May 18, 2022, 08:30:58 AM
That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Impressive. I've only done that twice out of about 75 times.
With only a green and a yellow on the first guess, it's definitely more luck than skill getting it on the second try. Lol

I'm 8/89 on the second try.
Better than me. I'm 7 of 99. And 2 of 99 on the first guess.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 08:35:08 AM
That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Impressive. I've only done that twice out of about 75 times.
With only a green and a yellow on the first guess, it's definitely more luck than skill getting it on the second try. Lol

I'm 8/89 on the second try.
Better than me. I'm 7 of 99. And 2 of 99 on the first guess.
I've never gotten it on the first guess before. Someday, perhaps.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on May 18, 2022, 08:41:34 AM
Well, I didn't follow through on that gun offer I mentioned, because this showed up for $300 less with 250 rounds of ammo.

Smith & Wesson 686, arguably the overall greatest wheelgun ever made. Elegant, accurate, and tough as nails.This one is of the same vintage as the one I let slip away in 1988.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220518/9e2f329fd9b6ddb323b8f90fffa91821.jpg)
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on May 18, 2022, 08:42:35 AM
good morning Tony, Dave, and Bret.
dental consultation yesterday was a surprise. amazing how much costs went up. two more consultations before I make a decision.
at the links waiting for the other 7 in the group to show.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on May 18, 2022, 08:43:47 AM
what's Wordle? 🤔
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 08:50:39 AM
good morning Tony, Dave, and Bret.
dental consultation yesterday was a surprise. amazing how much costs went up. two more consultations before I make a decision.
at the links waiting for the other 7 in the group to show.
Morning, Dean. Hit 'em straight!
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 08:51:08 AM
what's Wordle? 🤔
Online word guessing game.

https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 09:14:38 AM
Good morning.  Thought it was good enough to drop in on page two...but look at all the people!
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 09:15:36 AM
Morning Raz, Tony, Dave and Dean!
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 09:16:26 AM
Looking like we'll be in the mid 90's the rest of the week.  At least humidity is low.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 09:17:08 AM
Decent offerings from bot CI and the Sis today.  Nice.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on May 18, 2022, 09:18:09 AM
Morning Raz, Tony, Dave and Dean!
Raining here. Supposed to get hella windy later. 46°

Morning, TD.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 09:18:40 AM
That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Impressive. I've only done that twice out of about 75 times.
With only a green and a yellow on the first guess, it's definitely more luck than skill getting it on the second try. Lol

I'm 8/89 on the second try.
Better than me. I'm 7 of 99. And 2 of 99 on the first guess.
First guess? That's just ridiculous.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 09:19:18 AM
Morning Raz, Tony, Dave and Dean!
Welcome, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 09:21:09 AM
good morning Tony, Dave, and Bret.
dental consultation yesterday was a surprise. amazing how much costs went up. two more consultations before I make a decision.
at the links waiting for the other 7 in the group to show.
Howdy, Deano!
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 09:21:51 AM
Looking like we'll be in the mid 90's the rest of the week.  At least humidity is low.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday our highs will be 92, 88 and 62. Quite a front coming through Saturday at some point, it seems.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 09:22:22 AM
Good morning.  Thought it was good enough to drop in on page two...but look at all the people!
Not too shabby at all.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 09:28:20 AM
Looking like we'll be in the mid 90's the rest of the week.  At least humidity is low.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday our highs will be 92, 88 and 62. Quite a front coming through Saturday at some point, it seems.
About a day behind but almost the same here.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220518/c2eb01d62a19e6269971390f2de45c23.jpg)
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 09:38:40 AM
Looking like we'll be in the mid 90's the rest of the week.  At least humidity is low.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday our highs will be 92, 88 and 62. Quite a front coming through Saturday at some point, it seems.
About a day behind but almost the same here.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220518/c2eb01d62a19e6269971390f2de45c23.jpg)
If we could just pick a season and go with it, that would be fantastic. My vote is for summer.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 09:40:50 AM
That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Impressive. I've only done that twice out of about 75 times.
With only a green and a yellow on the first guess, it's definitely more luck than skill getting it on the second try. Lol

I'm 8/89 on the second try.
Better than me. I'm 7 of 99. And 2 of 99 on the first guess.
I've never gotten it on the first guess before. Someday, perhaps.
Sheesh, couldn't get it an I had three letters in correct positions on the third round.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 09:44:57 AM
Today is Wednesday, May 18, the 138th day of 2022.
There are 227 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On May 18, 1980, the Mount St. Helens volcano in Washington state exploded, leaving 57 people dead or missing.

On this date:

In 1652, Rhode Island became the first American colony to pass a law abolishing African slavery; however, the law was apparently never enforced.

In 1863, the Siege of Vicksburg began during the Civil War, ending July 4 with a Union victory.

In 1896, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Plessy v. Ferguson, endorsed “separate but equal” racial segregation, a concept renounced 58 years later by Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka.

In 1910, Halley’s Comet passed by earth, brushing it with its tail.

In 1927, in America’s deadliest school attack, part of a schoolhouse in Bath Township, Michigan, was blown up with explosives planted by local farmer Andrew Kehoe, who then set off a bomb in his truck; the attacks killed 38 children and six adults, including Kehoe, who’d earlier killed his wife. (Authorities said Kehoe, who suffered financial difficulties, was seeking revenge for losing a township clerk election.)

In 1933, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed a measure creating the Tennessee Valley Authority.

In 1934, Congress approved, and President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed, the so-called “Lindbergh Act,” providing for the death penalty in cases of interstate kidnapping.

In 1973, Harvard law professor Archibald Cox was appointed Watergate special prosecutor by U.S. Attorney General Elliot Richardson.

In 1981, the New York Native, a gay newspaper, carried a story concerning rumors of “an exotic new disease” among homosexuals; it was the first published report about what came to be known as AIDS.

In 1998, the U.S. government filed an antitrust case against Microsoft, saying the powerful software company had a “choke hold” on competitors that was denying consumers important choices about how they bought and used computers. (The Justice Department and Microsoft reached a settlement in 2001.)

In 2015, President Barack Obama ended long-running federal transfers of some combat-style gear to local law enforcement in an attempt to ease tensions between police and minority communities, saying equipment made for the battlefield should not be a tool of American criminal justice.

In 2020, President Donald Trump said he’d been taking a malaria drug, hydroxychloroquine, and a zinc supplement to protect against the coronavirus despite warnings from his own government that the drug should be administered only in a hospital or research setting. Moderna announced that an experimental vaccine against the coronavirus showed encouraging results in early testing.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 09:45:48 AM
I've been doing Heardle.app with the kids. I pretty much either get it on the first shot or don't get it at all. My win percentage there is 67% versus 99% for Wordle. Today's was easy for old white guys like us.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 09:45:53 AM
Ten years ago: Social network Facebook made its trading debut with one of the most highly anticipated IPOs in Wall Street history; however, by day’s end, Facebook stock closed up only 23 cents from its initial pricing of $38. In his first meeting with President Barack Obama, French President Francois Hollande (frahn-SWAH’ oh-LAWND’) declared he would withdraw all French combat troops from Afghanistan by year’s end.

Five years ago: President Donald Trump denounced the appointment of a special counsel to investigate his campaign’s potential ties with Russia, repeatedly calling it an unprecedented “witch hunt” that “hurts our country terribly.” Roger Ailes, who created and ruled Fox News Channel for two decades before being ousted for alleged sexual harassment, died in Palm Beach, Florida, at age 77.

One year ago: Palestinians across Israel and the occupied territories went on strike in a rare collective protest of Israel’s policies; the action came as Israeli missiles toppled a six-story building in Gaza and militants in the Hamas-ruled territory fired dozens of rockets that killed two people. The New York attorney general’s office said it was conducting a criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump’s business empire, expanding what had previously been a civil probe. Actor and writer Charles Grodin, whose films included “Midnight Run” and “The Heartbreak Kid,” died in Connecticut of bone marrow cancer at 86.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 09:46:35 AM
I've been doing Heardle.app with the kids. I pretty much either get it on the first shot or don't get it at all. My win percentage there is 67% versus 99% for Wordle. Today's was easy for old white guys like us.
Not for me... :o   :(
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 09:49:00 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Priscilla Pointer is 98.
Baseball Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson is 84.
Actor Candice Azzara is 81.
Bluegrass singer-musician Rodney Dillard (The Dillards) is 80.
Baseball Hall of Famer Reggie Jackson is 76.
Former Sen. Tom Udall, D-N.M., is 74.
Country singer Joe Bonsall (The Oak Ridge Boys) is 74.
Rock musician Rick Wakeman (Yes) is 73.
Rock singer Mark Mothersbaugh (Devo) is 72.
Actor James Stephens is 71.
Country singer George Strait is 70.
Actor Chow Yun-Fat is 67.
International Tennis Hall of Famer Yannick Noah is 62.
Rock singer-musician Page Hamilton is 62.
Contemporary Christian musician Barry Graul (MercyMe) is 61.
Contemporary Christian singer Michael Tait is 56.
Singer-actor Martika is 53.
Comedian-writer Tina Fey is 52.
Rock singer Jack Johnson is 47.
Country singer David Nail is 43.
Actor Matt Long is 42.
Actor Allen Leech is 41.
Christian singer Francesca Battistelli is 37.
Actor Spencer Breslin is 30.
Actor Violett Beane is 26.
Actor Hala Finley is 13.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 09:49:25 AM
Over/Under for today is 4
Raz Over/Under is 7
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 09:59:02 AM
From Atlantic,
10 free JDN Red with a box purchase.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 09:59:35 AM
Over/Under for today is 4
Raz Over/Under is 7
Nailed it.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on May 18, 2022, 10:08:24 AM
That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Impressive. I've only done that twice out of about 75 times.
With only a green and a yellow on the first guess, it's definitely more luck than skill getting it on the second try. Lol

I'm 8/89 on the second try.
Better than me. I'm 7 of 99. And 2 of 99 on the first guess.
I've never gotten it on the first guess before. Someday, perhaps.
Sheesh, couldn't get it an I had three letters in correct positions on the third round.
Different kinda challenge today.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on May 18, 2022, 10:14:15 AM
Over/Under for today is 4
Raz Over/Under is 7
Yup.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 10:31:44 AM
I've been doing Heardle.app with the kids. I pretty much either get it on the first shot or don't get it at all. My win percentage there is 67% versus 99% for Wordle. Today's was easy for old white guys like us.
Not for me... :o   :(
I was referring to the heardle. I have not yet attempted wordle.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 10:55:10 AM
I've been doing Heardle.app with the kids. I pretty much either get it on the first shot or don't get it at all. My win percentage there is 67% versus 99% for Wordle. Today's was easy for old white guys like us.
Not for me... :o   :(
I was referring to the heardle. I have not yet attempted wordle.
While not an old guy, I did get today's on the first attempt. I'd never heard of this particular game before.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 11:21:33 AM
That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Impressive. I've only done that twice out of about 75 times.
With only a green and a yellow on the first guess, it's definitely more luck than skill getting it on the second try. Lol

I'm 8/89 on the second try.
Better than me. I'm 7 of 99. And 2 of 99 on the first guess.
I've never gotten it on the first guess before. Someday, perhaps.
Sheesh, couldn't get it an I had three letters in correct positions on the third round.
Different kinda challenge today.
Guess I just wasn't up to it.   (TWSS)
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 11:35:18 AM
FINALLY:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/13/calling-a-man-bald-is-sexual-harassment-employment-tribunal-rules
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 11:36:05 AM
FINALLY:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/13/calling-a-man-bald-is-sexual-harassment-employment-tribunal-rules
Also, let's not overlook the fact that he worked for British Bung Company, which is now my favorite company name ever.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 12:54:09 PM
That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
The only way I can see you getting that in 2 is by having 4 correct letters in your first guess. I thought for sure I knew what word you picked until I looked at your blocks again and now you have me thoroughly confounded. It took me 5.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 12:56:36 PM
FINALLY:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/13/calling-a-man-bald-is-sexual-harassment-employment-tribunal-rules
Also, let's not overlook the fact that he worked for British Bung Company, which is now my favorite company name ever.
Do they make TP?
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 01:05:51 PM
FINALLY:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/13/calling-a-man-bald-is-sexual-harassment-employment-tribunal-rules
Also, let's not overlook the fact that he worked for British Bung Company, which is now my favorite company name ever.
Do they make TP?
If not, it's definitely a missed opportunity.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 01:06:22 PM
That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
The only way I can see you getting that in 2 is by having 4 correct letters in your first guess. I thought for sure I knew what word you picked until I looked at your blocks again and now you have me thoroughly confounded. It took me 5.
I'll be happy to bring you up to speed tomorrow.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 01:07:23 PM
FINALLY:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/13/calling-a-man-bald-is-sexual-harassment-employment-tribunal-rules
Also, let's not overlook the fact that he worked for British Bung Company, which is now my favorite company name ever.
Do they make TP?
If not, it's definitely a missed opportunity.
Looked them up. They are the leading UK based manufacturer of traditional wooden cask closures for the brewing industry. Wonder how many cigars have been aged in their casks?
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 01:10:00 PM
Over/Under for today is 4
Raz Over/Under is 7
Only two.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 01:12:58 PM
[...]

Coinkidink of the day:
What's with all the Christian singers and musicians born on May 18th?
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on May 18, 2022, 01:14:01 PM
Morning Raz, Tony, Dave and Dean!
afternoon Dave.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on May 18, 2022, 01:16:24 PM
good morning Tony, Dave, and Bret.
dental consultation yesterday was a surprise. amazing how much costs went up. two more consultations before I make a decision.
at the links waiting for the other 7 in the group to show.
Morning, Dean. Hit 'em straight!
I did actually. long and straight for 16 of 18 holes; then the heat got to me. it was 90° no clouds, no breeze, and muggy as hell. they had just watered the fairways.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 01:21:02 PM
good morning Tony, Dave, and Bret.
dental consultation yesterday was a surprise. amazing how much costs went up. two more consultations before I make a decision.
at the links waiting for the other 7 in the group to show.
Morning, Dean. Hit 'em straight!
I did actually. long and straight for 16 of 18 holes; then the heat got to me. it was 90° no clouds, no breeze, and muggy as hell. they had just watered the fairways.
Did you keep score? Do tell.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 01:32:17 PM
[...]

Is there a Christian holiday their parents would've been celebrating in mid-August? :D
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 01:37:17 PM
[...]

Actually, yes. The feast of the Assumption is celebrated in many religious countries on August 15th.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 01:41:32 PM
[...]

Ah yes, of course. We have our own Little Italy in the downtown area and that's huge here. In fact, Nate lived there one year and we went to his house and then headed down to the festivities many moons ago.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 01:44:46 PM
Over the hump boys!
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 01:46:27 PM
[...]

But not by the "Real Christians" in the States.  They're not real big on Holy Days, Saints and such.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 01:52:46 PM
FINALLY:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/13/calling-a-man-bald-is-sexual-harassment-employment-tribunal-rules
So many great things in this article...

For example, did you know:

"Commenting on a man’s baldness in the workplace is equivalent to remarking on the size of a woman’s breasts, the finding suggests."

And a great company to work for:

"Tony Finn – who is in line for compensation – had worked for the West Yorkshire-based British Bung Company for almost 24 years when he was fired in May last year."
"
Finn alleged that during a shopfloor row in July 2019, King had referred to him as a “bald cunt”."  Was offended by being called bald, not a cunt... ::)
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 02:03:08 PM
FINALLY:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/13/calling-a-man-bald-is-sexual-harassment-employment-tribunal-rules
So many great things in this article...

For example, did you know:

"Commenting on a man’s baldness in the workplace is equivalent to remarking on the size of a woman’s breasts, the finding suggests."

And a great company to work for:

"Tony Finn – who is in line for compensation – had worked for the West Yorkshire-based British Bung Company for almost 24 years when he was fired in May last year."
"
Finn alleged that during a shopfloor row in July 2019, King had referred to him as a “bald cunt”."  Was offended by being called bald, not a cunt... ::)
I think cunt is like "buddy" over there.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 02:05:07 PM
FINALLY:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/13/calling-a-man-bald-is-sexual-harassment-employment-tribunal-rules
So many great things in this article...

For example, did you know:

"Commenting on a man’s baldness in the workplace is equivalent to remarking on the size of a woman’s breasts, the finding suggests."

And a great company to work for:

"Tony Finn – who is in line for compensation – had worked for the West Yorkshire-based British Bung Company for almost 24 years when he was fired in May last year."
"
Finn alleged that during a shopfloor row in July 2019, King had referred to him as a “bald cunt”."  Was offended by being called bald, not a cunt... ::)
I think cunt is like "buddy" over there.
Sure it is.... ::)
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 02:18:15 PM
Hazzuh, buddies!
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on May 18, 2022, 02:35:45 PM
good morning Tony, Dave, and Bret.
dental consultation yesterday was a surprise. amazing how much costs went up. two more consultations before I make a decision.
at the links waiting for the other 7 in the group to show.
Morning, Dean. Hit 'em straight!
I did actually. long and straight for 16 of 18 holes; then the heat got to me. it was 90° no clouds, no breeze, and muggy as hell. they had just watered the fairways.
Did you keep score? Do tell.
no. we play a best ball scramble.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Oyam18 on May 18, 2022, 02:53:40 PM
POSTIN'
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 18, 2022, 03:01:19 PM
Black Works Green Hornet.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on May 18, 2022, 05:34:05 PM
That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
The only way I can see you getting that in 2 is by having 4 correct letters in your first guess. I thought for sure I knew what word you picked until I looked at your blocks again and now you have me thoroughly confounded. It took me 5.
I'll be happy to bring you up to speed tomorrow.

He took a guess, hoping at least to get more correct letters, and he happened to get the correct word.

Assuming we're all solving the same puzzle, getting the first letter correct narrows the scope for his second guess pretty significantly. He'd go looking for a second guess with vowels he had not yet used and consonants that most frequently appear in five-letter words. He chose a word that happened to be exactly correct.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 05:45:03 PM
At the orthodontist for another braces tightening.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 05:50:48 PM
That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
The only way I can see you getting that in 2 is by having 4 correct letters in your first guess. I thought for sure I knew what word you picked until I looked at your blocks again and now you have me thoroughly confounded. It took me 5.
I'll be happy to bring you up to speed tomorrow.

He took a guess, hoping at least to get more correct letters, and he happened to get the correct word.

Assuming we're all solving the same puzzle, getting the first letter correct narrows the scope for his second guess pretty significantly. He'd go looking for a second guess with vowels he had not yet used and consonants that most frequently appear in five-letter words. He chose a word that happened to be exactly correct.
Yeah, I guess. It just seems an unlikely word. But I'm projecting.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 05:51:36 PM
At the orthodontist for another braces tightening.
I miss those days. Meaning when I had braces myself. So far, none of my kids have required them.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 18, 2022, 05:53:37 PM
At the orthodontist for another braces tightening.
I miss those days. Meaning when I had braces myself. So far, none of my kids have required them.
Lucky you. While cheaper than I thought they'd be, having to drive her over here every 6 weeks is already getting old.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on May 18, 2022, 05:56:28 PM
[...]

But June weddings are popular, and historically there is a slightly lower incidence of out-of-wedlock pregnancy among Protestant Christian families. Not enough lower to be terribly significant, but somewhat. Christian belief tends to run in families. So, you have a June wedding, and three or so months later you get conception, and a May birth. Kid grows up in church surrounded by music, probably starts singing as a kid in church, and goes on to become an artist. That's my experience, sans the June wedding. I was conceived after Memorial day, there was a rushed wedding in November, and I was born in late May. But otherwise, the story's the same.

I'm painting with broad brushstrokes here, obviously.

Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on May 18, 2022, 06:08:26 PM

That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
The only way I can see you getting that in 2 is by having 4 correct letters in your first guess. I thought for sure I knew what word you picked until I looked at your blocks again and now you have me thoroughly confounded. It took me 5.
I'll be happy to bring you up to speed tomorrow.

He took a guess, hoping at least to get more correct letters, and he happened to get the correct word.

Assuming we're all solving the same puzzle, getting the first letter correct narrows the scope for his second guess pretty significantly. He'd go looking for a second guess with vowels he had not yet used and consonants that most frequently appear in five-letter words. He chose a word that happened to be exactly correct.
Yeah, I guess. It just seems an unlikely word. But I'm projecting.

For me to go any deeper in my analysis would risk spoilers. We can hear his comment tomorrow and see if it jibes with my conjecture. ;-)
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 06:25:53 PM
[...]

You painted a pretty picture.
Title: Re: 5/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 18, 2022, 06:26:30 PM

That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
[...]