CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: 8/12/2016  (Read 18976 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 8/12/2016
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2016, 07:31:05 AM »

Good morning boys, Happy Friday! The Mets game blew yesterday but Citi Field was cool and I always love getting out to the ballpark.

Interesting 601 sampler deal at Famous, add (3) and use code to get (30) cigars for $50

https://www.famous-smoke.com/601+stash+cigars/item+49666?kws=ZEM5559&utm_source=SpecialSale&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Flavors&utm_content=ZEM5559
Looks like a pretty solid sampler there, given the price.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2016, 07:34:21 AM »

Lots of activity and sirens around the homeless shelter yesterday and I now read they had a big K2 drug bust there.  Nabbed 10 street dealers in and around the place.  Probaly 20 more there today to replace them.  A block from my office.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2016, 07:35:12 AM »

Kayak launch lull.
Must be, Golf must have fallen asleep on the job.
Actually have work to do, ridiculous!
Don't they know you need rest? 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2016, 07:38:19 AM »

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 07:38:32 AM »

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 AM EDT FRI AUG 12 2016

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

Tropical cyclone formation is not expected during the next 5 days.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2016, 07:40:22 AM »

:P

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2016, 07:43:26 AM »

New weatherman trick, built themselves in a back door with the last paragraph.

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Temperatures this afternoon are expected to reach the hottest readings recorded all year, but humidity will be a bit lower than previous days. This means most areas are not under a Heat Advisory – but we still recommend using caution when exerting yourself outdoors.

An approaching upper-level trough, summer cold front, and tropical disturbance from the Gulf may combine to mess with your outdoor plans this weekend. Rain chances are expected to steadily increase from Saturday afternoon through Sunday evening, with periods of heavy downpours possible. In fact, the latest rain total forecasts from the National Weather Service indicates some areas may receive 4-5″ of rain in the next week. This is more than twice our average monthly total for August.

While rain and cooler temperatures will be a welcome change for many residents, this is the type of weather setup that can disappoint. There are several variables in the developing weather pattern that are uncertain at this time, which could lead to some areas receiving several inches of rain, while other nearby locations receive little. Stay tuned to KXAN for frequent updates as our high resolution computer models resolve the current uncertainty.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2016, 07:45:54 AM »

Cigar companies must have introduced enough new turds at the show to keep Halfwheel in business the rest of the year, sheesh that is all they have published for about a month.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2016, 07:46:11 AM »

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Temperatures this afternoon are expected to reach the hottest readings recorded all year, but humidity will be a bit lower than previous days. This means most areas are not under a Heat Advisory – but we still recommend using caution when exerting yourself outdoors.

An approaching upper-level trough, summer cold front, and tropical disturbance from the Gulf may combine to mess with your outdoor plans this weekend. Rain chances are expected to steadily increase from Saturday afternoon through Sunday evening, with periods of heavy downpours possible. In fact, the latest rain total forecasts from the National Weather Service indicates some areas may receive 4-5″ of rain in the next week. This is more than twice our average monthly total for August.

While rain and cooler temperatures will be a welcome change for many residents, this is the type of weather setup that can disappoint. There are several variables in the developing weather pattern that are uncertain at this time, which could lead to some areas receiving several inches of rain, while other nearby locations receive little. Stay tuned to KXAN for frequent updates as our high resolution computer models resolve the current uncertainty.
So, it's either going to be hot, or not. And it's going to rain, or not. I think I've found my new career.

sfish

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2016, 07:49:28 AM »

Good morning boys, Happy Friday! The Mets game blew yesterday but Citi Field was cool and I always love getting out to the ballpark.

Interesting 601 sampler deal at Famous, add (3) and use code to get (30) cigars for $50

https://www.famous-smoke.com/601+stash+cigars/item+49666?kws=ZEM5559&utm_source=SpecialSale&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Flavors&utm_content=ZEM5559
Exactly, and like Tex said you can toss the steels if they suck and it's still good

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2016, 07:49:54 AM »

So, it's either going to be hot, or not. And it's going to rain, or not. I think I've found my new career.
Not a bad gig but I understand pay is not so great unless you work for the NWS or NOAA.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2016, 07:50:25 AM »

Exactly, and like Tex said you can toss the steels if they suck and it's still good
But we need some FS

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2016, 07:51:16 AM »

Dean will smoke them so we can load him up. ;D

sfish

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2016, 07:53:08 AM »

Cigar companies must have introduced enough new turds at the show to keep Halfwheel in business the rest of the year, sheesh that is all they have published for about a month.
Right? Halfwheel never worked this hard

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2016, 07:54:34 AM »

But we need some FS
Thought I saw an e-mail from them this past week about FS over $50 with a code, but I didn't pay enough attention to remember what it was.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15