Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2018, 02:25:54 PM »

Here's another thing to agree on - meetings suck. BBL
Speaking of meetings, this one involved letting us know we'll be moving to our other campus later this year. Naturally, this will increase my commute and make getting on the highway after work more difficult. Huzzah!
Every job I've ever had involved at least one move. It's amazing how much money these moves cost too. I'm in the wrong line of business.

Edit: by the way, I started this post hours ago.
This was after they told us we were moving somewhere else in our building, and moving to an "emerging workspace" environment, which is corporate speak for an area with a bunch of desks set up, but no assigned seating. So you come in for the day and sit wherever. Didn't think they'd come up with something worse than that, but then we had the meeting.

And naturally, since we wouldn't have had our own desks anymore, I just YESTERDAY finished taking home stuff I wouldn't be able to keep in my desk any longer. Lol
Oh, your workplace is "modernizing" just like ours?
Always, it seems.
Not that I'm complaining...I get to telework two days a week now.
They're talking about doing that with us as well. Not sure how I feel about it. I'd enjoy not having the commute an extra day, but I get stir crazy at home after 1 day.

« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2018, 02:26:00 PM »

Hazzuh!

« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2018, 02:35:43 PM »

Sheesh, I caught up and everyone's gone.

« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2018, 02:50:34 PM »

[...]

So happy that retirement is within sight.

« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2018, 02:51:04 PM »

Sheesh, I caught up and everyone's gone.
Nope, chopped liver still here.

« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2018, 02:53:16 PM »

Sheesh, I caught up and everyone's gone.
Nope, chopped liver still here.
Me too. Having a Skype meeting with work, but right now someone is droning on.

« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2018, 02:54:27 PM »

One lady had her car towed in because it was making weird noises. We checked a few basic things first, then started it to see what the noise sounded like and the exhaust system spit out a whole bunch of nasty sludge and smoke but wouldn’t actually run.

Turns out, she thought the opening to add gas was the opening to add everything. When she first started having problems, she dumped oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, and windshield washer fluid in there to “make sure it wasn’t running low on fluids.”

Happy Women's Day
I was 75% of the way through this before I realized it was a joke, and not something that happened to you last night. Morning, Dean.
I'm still not convinced.
I am.  Dean's women never run low on fluids.
just remember their ages and think again .....

« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2018, 02:56:07 PM »

One lady had her car towed in because it was making weird noises. We checked a few basic things first, then started it to see what the noise sounded like and the exhaust system spit out a whole bunch of nasty sludge and smoke but wouldn’t actually run.

Turns out, she thought the opening to add gas was the opening to add everything. When she first started having problems, she dumped oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, and windshield washer fluid in there to “make sure it wasn’t running low on fluids.”

Happy Women's Day
I was 75% of the way through this before I realized it was a joke, and not something that happened to you last night. Morning, Dean.
I'm still not convinced.
I am.  Dean's women never run low on fluids.
just remember their ages and think again .....
Oh, hell, Deano. By the stories we hear, we figure you could get the Gobi desert moist.

« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2018, 02:59:24 PM »

Sheesh, I caught up and everyone's gone.
Nope, chopped liver still here.
Me too. Having a Skype meeting with work, but right now someone is droning on.
and I just finished cleaning the kitchen, 2 loads of laundry, emptied all the trash, ran the vacume, and did a spreadsheet for a Jacksonville Archives project, now I need to do a bit off shopping, hit the bank, and fill the tank up for a ride to the burn unit in Gainesville tomorrow morning ....... after I finish this Nat Sherman 1930.

« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2018, 03:00:47 PM »

[...]

well, historically, most deserts were once bodies of water, just saying.

« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2018, 03:02:24 PM »

[...]

They just need a little extra foreplay, right? ;-)

« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2018, 03:02:42 PM »

Sheesh, I caught up and everyone's gone.
Nope, chopped liver still here.
Uh, I wasn't implying th... I just meant... uh. Hi Dave!

« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2018, 03:24:50 PM »

[...]

They just need a little extra attention, right? ;-)
fixed it.

« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2018, 03:25:31 PM »

Sheesh, I caught up and everyone's gone.
Nope, chopped liver still here.
Uh, I wasn't implying th... I just meant... uh. Hi Dave!
yeah yeah - pay attention.

« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2018, 03:41:06 PM »

Sheesh, I caught up and everyone's gone.
Nope, chopped liver still here.
Me too. Having a Skype meeting with work, but right now someone is droning on.
and I just finished cleaning the kitchen, 2 loads of laundry, emptied all the trash, ran the vacume, and did a spreadsheet for a Jacksonville Archives project, now I need to do a bit off shopping, hit the bank, and fill the tank up for a ride to the burn unit in Gainesville tomorrow morning ....... after I finish this Nat Sherman 1930.
First things first!
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9