CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 18, 2016, 12:02:32 AM

Title: 8/18/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on August 18, 2016, 12:02:32 AM
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 12:09:14 AM
It wasn't looking good there for a while but the ladies pulled it out. Well done and congrats to Walsh Jennings and Ross!
Watched a bit of women's diving also.  Other than the showering, some what meh.
You're a misogynistic pig and I couldn't agree with you more.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 05:34:05 AM
Morning All
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 05:51:34 AM
Not raining this morning, makes for a much better commute.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 05:54:29 AM
We have Tropical Storm Fiona
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 05:54:55 AM
Work Time, BBL
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 18, 2016, 06:22:38 AM
Morning, all.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 06:26:28 AM
Morning TexDave and ChampDave.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 06:27:58 AM
Today is Thursday, Aug. 18, the 231st day of 2016. There are 135 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Aug. 18, 1846, during the Mexican-American War, U.S. forces led by Gen. Stephen W. Kearny occupied Santa Fe in present-day New Mexico.

On this date:

In 1587, Virginia Dare became the first child of English parents to be born in present-day America, on what is now Roanoke Island in North Carolina. (However, the Roanoke colony ended up mysteriously disappearing.)

In 1838, the first marine expedition sponsored by the U.S. government set sail from Hampton Roads, Virginia; the crews traveled the southern Pacific Ocean, gathering scientific information.

In 1914, President Woodrow Wilson issued his Proclamation of Neutrality, aimed at keeping the United States out of World War I.

In 1920, the 19th Amendment to the Constitution, guaranteeing all American women's right to vote, was ratified as Tennessee became the 36th state to approve it.

In 1938, President Franklin D. Roosevelt and Canadian Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King dedicated the Thousand Islands Bridge connecting the United States and Canada.

In 1954, during the Eisenhower administration, Assistant Secretary of Labor James Ernest Wilkins became the first black official to attend a meeting of the president's Cabinet as he sat in for Labor Secretary James P. Mitchell.

In 1958, the novel "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov was first published in New York by G.P. Putnam's Sons, almost three years after it was originally published in Paris.

In 1963, James Meredith became the first black student to graduate from the University of Mississippi.

In 1969, the Woodstock Music and Art Fair in Bethel, New York, wound to a close after three nights with a mid-morning set by Jimi Hendrix.

In 1976, two U.S. Army officers were killed in Korea's demilitarized zone as a group of North Korean soldiers wielding axes and metal pikes attacked U.S. and South Korean soldiers.

In 1983, Hurricane Alicia slammed into the Texas coast, leaving 21 dead and causing more than a billion dollars' worth of damage. The Kansas City Royals defeated the New York Yankees, 5-4, in the completion of the "pine-tar" game in just 12 minutes.

In 1988, Vice President George H.W. Bush accepted the presidential nomination of his party at the Republican National Convention in New Orleans.

Ten years ago: President George W. Bush criticized a federal court ruling the day before that his warrantless wiretapping program was unconstitutional, declaring that opponents did not understand "the nature of the world in which we live." Financially struggling Ford Motor Co. said it would temporarily halt production at ten assembly plants.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama and European leaders demanded that Syrian President Bashar Assad resign, saying his brutal suppression of his people made him unfit to lead. Vice President Joe Biden met with Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping in Beijing. A storm swept through a popular open-air music festival in Hasselt, Belgium, killing five people.

One year ago: The Food and Drug Administration approved Addyi, the world's first prescription drug designed to boost sexual desire in women. Bud Yorkin, a director and producer who helped forge a new brand of topical TV comedy with the 1970s hit "All in the Family," died in Los Angeles at age 89.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 06:28:41 AM
Today's Birthdays: Former first lady Rosalynn Carter is 89. Movie director Roman Polanski is 83. Olympic gold medal decathlete Rafer Johnson is 81. Actor-director Robert Redford is 80. Actor Henry G. Sanders is 74. Actor-comedian Martin Mull is 73. Rhythm-and-blues singer Sarah Dash (LaBelle) is 71. Rock musician Dennis Elliott is 66. Country singer Jamie O'Hara is 66. Comedian Elayne Boosler is 64. Country singer Steve Wilkinson (The Wilkinsons) is 61. Actor Denis Leary is 59. Actor Reg E. Cathey is 58. Actress Madeleine Stowe is 58. Former Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner (GYT'-nur) is 55. ABC News reporter Bob Woodruff is 55. The former president of Mexico, Felipe Calderon, is 54. Bluegrass musician Jimmy Mattingly is 54. Actor Adam Storke is 54. Actor Craig Bierko (BEER'-koh) is 52. Rock singer-musician Zac Maloy (The Nixons) is 48. Rock singer and hip-hop artist Everlast is 47. Rapper Masta Killa (Wu-Tang Clan) is 47. Actor Christian Slater is 47. Actor Edward Norton is 47. Actor Malcolm-Jamal Warner is 46. Actress Kaitlin Olson is 41. Actor-writer-director Hadjii is 40. Rock musician Dirk Lance is 40. Actor-comedian Andy Samberg (TV: "Saturday Night Live") is 38. Country musician Brad Tursi (Old Dominion) is 37. Actress Mika Boorem is 29. Actress Maia Mitchell is 23. Actress Parker McKenna Posey is 21.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 06:29:16 AM
Thought for Today: "In the end it is worse to suppress dissent than to run the risk of heresy." - Learned Hand, American jurist (born 1872, died this date in 1961).
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 07:09:09 AM
Snooze button lull.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 07:18:37 AM
We have Tropical Storm Fiona
Just keep going north.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 07:18:58 AM
Morning Golf and Travellin Dave
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 07:19:48 AM
We have Tropical Storm Fiona
Just keep going north.
That is what the long range forecast calls for, turning up into the North Atlantic but it is a long ways out so things could change.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 07:21:12 AM
153
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: sfish on August 18, 2016, 07:32:42 AM
Good morning bag o' Daves
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 07:33:25 AM
Good morning bag o' Daves
Morning OneAndOnlyFish
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: sfish on August 18, 2016, 07:39:28 AM
Good morning bag o' Daves
Morning OneAndOnlyFish
The El Centurians I won this week are now up again, (5) 5-packs on auction for $10EA starting price, 3+ day auction this time though
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 07:40:48 AM
Good morning bag o' Daves
Morning OneAndOnlyFish
The El Centurians I won this week are now up again, (5) 5-packs on auction for $10EA starting price, 3+ day auction this time though
Have to keep an eye on those, Famous Auction correct?
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 07:41:19 AM
Good morning bag o' Daves
Morning OneAndOnlyFish
Don't...it will go to his head.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 07:41:56 AM
Good morning bag o' Daves
Morning OneAndOnlyFish
The El Centurians I won this week are now up again, (5) 5-packs on auction for $10EA starting price, 3+ day auction this time though
You buying Gurkha's now? .... ;)
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 07:44:48 AM
Good morning bag o' Daves
Morning OneAndOnlyFish
Don't...it will go to his head.
It has long been in his head already.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 08:00:47 AM
Happy Thursday, y'all.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 08:09:09 AM
Happy Thursday, y'all.
Morning Mayor, but Happy Friday for Me!
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 08:13:12 AM
Happy Thursday, y'all.
Morning Mayor, but Happy Friday for Me!
Yea, yea, we know.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 08:13:28 AM
Morning Uncle Tony.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 08:22:14 AM
Happy Thursday, y'all.
Morning Mayor, but Happy Friday for Me!
GFY!
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 08:26:54 AM
Morning Uncle Tony.
How goes it, my fellow Jerseyan?
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 08:27:44 AM
Due to incompetency within our "lack of management" had to cancel my New Orleans trip due to insufficient funding, not that this is an abnormal occurrence around here.  Only travel for me until at least mid-October is a one night trip to Houston in September.

Sheesh!  What a fuct up operation.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 08:28:11 AM
Happy Thursday, y'all.
Morning Mayor, but Happy Friday for Me!
GFY!
Thank You!
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 08:28:42 AM
Think I will see if I can get in a little walk before it rains again.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: sfish on August 18, 2016, 08:43:50 AM
Good morning bag o' Daves
Morning OneAndOnlyFish
The El Centurians I won this week are now up again, (5) 5-packs on auction for $10EA starting price, 3+ day auction this time though
Have to keep an eye on those, Famous Auction correct?
Yes sir:

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/el-centurion-robusto-5-pk-cigars/item-41489?auctionnum=1637344
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 08:49:30 AM
Due to incompetency within our "lack of management" had to cancel my New Orleans trip due to insufficient funding, not that this is an abnormal occurrence around here.  Only travel for me until at least mid-October is a one night trip to Houston in September.

Sheesh!  What a fuct up operation.
I would just retire and show their asseses.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 18, 2016, 08:49:38 AM
Due to incompetency within our "lack of management" had to cancel my New Orleans trip due to insufficient funding, not that this is an abnormal occurrence around here.  Only travel for me until at least mid-October is a one night trip to Houston in September.

Sheesh!  What a fuct up operation.
What do you expect from a place that lets their IT dept call in due to wetness? Lol
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 08:55:02 AM
Due to incompetency within our "lack of management" had to cancel my New Orleans trip due to insufficient funding, not that this is an abnormal occurrence around here.  Only travel for me until at least mid-October is a one night trip to Houston in September.

Sheesh!  What a fuct up operation.
What do you expect from a place that lets their IT dept call in due to wetness? Lol
Believe you me, my expectations of this operation are far, far, far  lower than you could ever imagine.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 08:57:59 AM
Think I will see if I can get in a little walk before it rains again.
Nice cup of decaf expresso at Lavazza and met my next girlfriend!  Holy Sheesh, just the right age about  25 and smok'n hot with a major rack and about 6' tall wearing some mega sexy spiked heals about 5" tall on the bottoms of those drumsticks.. :o
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 18, 2016, 08:59:53 AM
Due to incompetency within our "lack of management" had to cancel my New Orleans trip due to insufficient funding, not that this is an abnormal occurrence around here.  Only travel for me until at least mid-October is a one night trip to Houston in September.

Sheesh!  What a fuct up operation.
What do you expect from a place that lets their IT dept call in due to wetness? Lol
Believe you me, my expectations of this operation are far, far, far  lower than you could ever imagine.
I hear ya, I'm in the same boat. As long as the checks keep depositing, right?
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 09:01:01 AM
At the Page today:

J. Fuego Cigars and Tactical Hoodies!
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 09:01:57 AM
Due to incompetency within our "lack of management" had to cancel my New Orleans trip due to insufficient funding, not that this is an abnormal occurrence around here.  Only travel for me until at least mid-October is a one night trip to Houston in September.

Sheesh!  What a fuct up operation.
What do you expect from a place that lets their IT dept call in due to wetness? Lol
Believe you me, my expectations of this operation are far, far, far  lower than you could ever imagine.
I hear ya, I'm in the same boat. As long as the checks keep depositing, right?
Exactly, as long as they keep paying me to show up and my retirement deposits don't bounce all is well.  The rest of the B.S. I have come to expect.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 09:03:19 AM
Due to incompetency within our "lack of management" had to cancel my New Orleans trip due to insufficient funding, not that this is an abnormal occurrence around here.  Only travel for me until at least mid-October is a one night trip to Houston in September.

Sheesh!  What a fuct up operation.
You should retire and show them.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 09:04:25 AM
Think I will see if I can get in a little walk before it rains again.
Nice cup of decaf expresso at Lavazza and met my next girlfriend!  Holy Sheesh, just the right age about  25 and smok'n hot with a major rack and about 6' tall wearing some mega sexy spiked heals about 5' tall on the bottoms of those drumsticks.. :o
How much?
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 09:05:21 AM
Due to incompetency within our "lack of management" had to cancel my New Orleans trip due to insufficient funding, not that this is an abnormal occurrence around here.  Only travel for me until at least mid-October is a one night trip to Houston in September.

Sheesh!  What a fuct up operation.
I would just retire and show their asseses.
In about 15 minutes late again. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 09:07:06 AM
Due to incompetency within our "lack of management" had to cancel my New Orleans trip due to insufficient funding, not that this is an abnormal occurrence around here.  Only travel for me until at least mid-October is a one night trip to Houston in September.

Sheesh!  What a fuct up operation.
I would just retire and show their asseses.
In about 15 minutes late again. Sheesh.
They should fire your azz.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 09:11:43 AM
Pretty minor in the big scheme of the mess:

FDA Loses Lawsuit Over Tobacco Labeling Changes

Turns out, if you put a new band on a cigar, it’s still the same cigar after all. Yesterday, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) lost its court fight over whether a change to a label would be considered a new product. Judge Amit Mehta of the D.C. District Court ruled in favor of Altria, Lorillard and Reynolds America—i.e. the three largest American tobacco companies—in a lawsuit regarding whether changes to packaging would deem a tobacco product new and as such make it applicable for substantial equivalence, a process of FDA approval that is expected to cost upwards of $20,000 per individual cigar due to legal and testing fees. Mehta ruled for FDA over whether a quantity change—i.e. the amount of cigars or cigarettes in a package—would qualify as a new product. The agency had said it would count as a new product, something that was upheld in the ruling. As for the packaging changes, the agency has previously stated that it considered any “major” packaging changes to constitute as a new product
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 09:12:37 AM
Due to incompetency within our "lack of management" had to cancel my New Orleans trip due to insufficient funding, not that this is an abnormal occurrence around here.  Only travel for me until at least mid-October is a one night trip to Houston in September.

Sheesh!  What a fuct up operation.
What do you expect from a place that lets their IT dept call in due to wetness? Lol
...and that's just the guys.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 09:14:03 AM
Due to incompetency within our "lack of management" had to cancel my New Orleans trip due to insufficient funding, not that this is an abnormal occurrence around here.  Only travel for me until at least mid-October is a one night trip to Houston in September.

Sheesh!  What a fuct up operation.
I would just retire and show their asseses.
In about 15 minutes late again. Sheesh.
We wouldn't have it any other way.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 09:14:14 AM
This should apply on this Banter also, only use the word Woman -- no man talk allowed!

Princeton HR department: Don't use word 'man'...

The Princeton University HR department has largely wiped the word “man” from its vocabulary.

The relatively new policy in effect at the Ivy League institution spells out the directive in a four-page memo that aims to make the department more gender inclusive.

Instead of using “man,” employees are told to use words such as human beings, individuals or people
Other guidelines? Instead of “man and wife” use spouses or partners. Switch out “man made” with artificial, handmade or manufactured. Don’t use the verb “to man,” as in to work something, instead use to operate or to staff. Throw out workmanlike and replace it with skillful.

The memo goes on to list a variety of occupations that typically include the word “man” in them and offers replacements: business person instead of businessman, firefighter instead of fireman, ancestors instead of forefathers, and so on.

Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 18, 2016, 09:15:16 AM
Think I will see if I can get in a little walk before it rains again.
Nice cup of decaf expresso at Lavazza and met my next girlfriend!  Holy Sheesh, just the right age about  25 and smok'n hot with a major rack and about 6' tall wearing some mega sexy spiked heals about 5' tall on the bottoms of those drumsticks.. :o
How much?
Half of all his assets. ;)
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 09:16:07 AM
[...]

Welcome to my world.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 18, 2016, 09:16:19 AM
[...]

Take it easy, human being!
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 09:17:50 AM
Think I will see if I can get in a little walk before it rains again.
Nice cup of decaf expresso at Lavazza and met my next girlfriend!  Holy Sheesh, just the right age about  25 and smok'n hot with a major rack and about 6' tall wearing some mega sexy spiked heals about 5" tall on the bottoms of those drumsticks.. :o
Guess we know were TexDave is going to be spending the rest of his mornings before retirement.  Did she smile at you?
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 09:19:40 AM
[...]

Luckily cigar is gender neutral.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 09:20:02 AM
Think I will see if I can get in a little walk before it rains again.
Nice cup of decaf expresso at Lavazza and met my next girlfriend!  Holy Sheesh, just the right age about  25 and smok'n hot with a major rack and about 6' tall wearing some mega sexy spiked heals about 5" tall on the bottoms of those drumsticks.. :o
Guess we know were TexDave is going to be spending the rest of his mornings before retirement.  Did she smile at you?
She smiled and talked to me all the while I was slobbering.  my eyes were about rack high too!

She was dressed in a tight fitting skirt and blouse looking like the TWA Stewardesses of the 1960's, some kind of sexy.  Sorry to the youngsters that do not know what those looked like but they were hot then and would still be hot now.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 09:22:25 AM
[...]

And the site owner is also gender neutral so that should help us out some in the public eye.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 09:27:37 AM
Oh, those crazy Ohioans!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/08/18/ohio-man-arrested-allegedly-tried-sex-with-van/88938700/
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 09:28:54 AM
[...]

You're confusing yourself now....that's neutered, not neutral.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 18, 2016, 09:31:47 AM
Oh, those crazy Ohioans!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/08/18/ohio-man-arrested-allegedly-tried-sex-with-van/88938700/
The message, as always - keep your van sex confined to the comfort of your own garage.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 09:32:53 AM
[...]

End result is all the same regardless of the process.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 09:34:01 AM
Great travel cigar lighter and Not much to go wrong with it.

Just when I thought I’d seen every product for stashing survival items on one’s person, I ran across TinderZIP by Exotac.

 It’s a clever little product that not only is an easy-to-install replacement zipper pull, the cord portion also includes a waterproof flammable core that provides a 60 second burn time when lit to help start a fire in the event of an emergency. Just snip the cord, pull out the core and you’re ready to create some heat and light.  Made in the USA, TinderZIP can be added to jackets, bags, tents or just about any item with a zipper.  Available in two colors, black (pictured) and orange, TinderZIP is $8.95 for a package of five. Visit ExoTac for more info.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 09:44:10 AM
Markets Open

DOW   -14 @ 18,560
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 09:46:59 AM
The story has become all too familiar: The former child star who struggles to keep hold of their money, and ends up bankrupt decades later. But Eve Plumb, of “Brady Bunch” fame, is an exception, having made a savvy property investment at the age of just 11.

The 58-year-old actress and painter, who played Jan Brady in classic 1970s U.S. TV show “The Brady Bunch,” bought her Malibu home 47 years ago for just $55,000 with the help of her parents, and has now just sold it for $3.9 million, according to the listing agent Deasy/Penner.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 18, 2016, 09:54:55 AM
The story has become all too familiar: The former child star who struggles to keep hold of their money, and ends up bankrupt decades later. But Eve Plumb, of “Brady Bunch” fame, is an exception, having made a savvy property investment at the age of just 11.

The 58-year-old actress and painter, who played Jan Brady in classic 1970s U.S. TV show “The Brady Bunch,” bought her Malibu home 47 years ago for just $55,000 with the help of her parents, and has now just sold it for $3.9 million, according to the listing agent Deasy/Penner.
Nice retirement "bonus".  Gurkha-esque return on investment.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 09:55:43 AM
Great travel cigar lighter and Not much to go wrong with it.

Just when I thought I’d seen every product for stashing survival items on one’s person, I ran across TinderZIP by Exotac.

 It’s a clever little product that not only is an easy-to-install replacement zipper pull, the cord portion also includes a waterproof flammable core that provides a 60 second burn time when lit to help start a fire in the event of an emergency. Just snip the cord, pull out the core and you’re ready to create some heat and light.  Made in the USA, TinderZIP can be added to jackets, bags, tents or just about any item with a zipper.  Available in two colors, black (pictured) and orange, TinderZIP is $8.95 for a package of five. Visit ExoTac for more info.
Unless it is detected by TSA and you have to explain why you have an obviously concealed incendiary device...
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 09:58:02 AM
Vocabulary word for the day:  usufruct
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 09:58:29 AM
I just had my mid-year review where my boss spent an hour talking to me about everything EXCEPT my performance and goals. What a waste of time.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 09:59:52 AM

Due to incompetency within our "lack of management" had to cancel my New Orleans trip due to insufficient funding, not that this is an abnormal occurrence around here.  Only travel for me until at least mid-October is a one night trip to Houston in September.

Sheesh!  What a fuct up operation.
I would just retire and show their asseses.
I'm about 15 minutes late again. Sheesh.
They should fire your azz.

I meant for my post. NJDave beat me to it.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 10:04:24 AM
I just had my mid-year review where my boss spent an hour talking to me about everything EXCEPT my performance and goals. What a waste of time.
That might be because you had no performance.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 18, 2016, 10:05:19 AM
Vocabulary word for the day:  usufruct
definition:  Usufruct is a limited real right (or in rem right) found in civil-law and mixed jurisdictions that unites the two property interests of usus and fructus: Usus (user) is the right to use or enjoy a thing possessed, directly and without altering it.  Or noun ROMAN LAW the right to enjoy the use and advantages of another's property short of the destruction or waste of its substance.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 10:06:01 AM
Vocabulary word for the day:  usufruct
or I guess you could just say deadbeat.

Definition of usufruct
1
:  the legal right of using and enjoying the fruits or profits of something belonging to another
2
:  the right to use or enjoy something
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 10:07:12 AM
I just had my mid-year review where my boss spent an hour talking to me about everything EXCEPT my performance and goals. What a waste of time.
That might be because you had no performance.
and especially NO work related goals.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 10:08:10 AM
Morning CB.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 18, 2016, 10:08:22 AM
I just had my mid-year review where my boss spent an hour talking to me about everything EXCEPT my performance and goals. What a waste of time.
That might be because you had no performance.
TWSS
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 18, 2016, 10:09:10 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 10:11:24 AM
Morning LeftCoastRaz.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 18, 2016, 10:12:32 AM
Morning CB.
Morning Dave.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 18, 2016, 10:13:37 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning to you, the right Reverend Raz.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 18, 2016, 10:14:35 AM
I just had my mid-year review where my boss spent an hour talking to me about everything EXCEPT my performance and goals. What a waste of time.
That might be because you had no performance.
and especially NO work related goals.
That's definitely the key. Performance no longer matters, goals are non-existant. He just didn't feel like canceling the meeting.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 18, 2016, 10:18:57 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning to you, the right Reverend Raz.
Peace be upon you, Mikey and All the Daves, in nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

You want me to shake my sceptre over you?
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 10:20:16 AM
I just had my mid-year review where my boss spent an hour talking to me about everything EXCEPT my performance and goals. What a waste of time.
That might be because you had no performance.
and especially NO work related goals.
That's definitely the key. Performance no longer matters, goals are non-existant. He just didn't feel like canceling the meeting.
Because having the meeting is part of his performance plan!  (not even joking there)
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 10:21:23 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning to you, the right Reverend Raz.
Peace be upon you, Mikey and All the Daves, in nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

You want me to shake my sceptre over you?
They learn Latin to you Protestants as well?  Impressive.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 18, 2016, 10:27:56 AM
In the fundamentalist school I attended, it was just Greek and Hebrew. But I pissed them off and they were happy for me to finish at Arizona, where my advisor was a catholic priest.  So I studied some Latin.

He hoped I'd convert and become a priest, but I like women too much.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 10:31:10 AM
In the fundamentalist school I attended, it was just Greek and Hebrew. But I pissed them off and they were happy for me to finish at Arizona, where my advisor was a catholic priest.  So I studied some Latin.

He hoped I'd convert and become a priest, but I like women too much.
Since when has that....oh, nevermind..... :-X
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 10:37:42 AM
LMFAO, special at the .BIZ site today is 50% off of Gurkha's!   Now that is about like the Cadillac Dealer offering a $100 discount off the sticker price and "only good for 1 day".

SHEESH!
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 10:38:47 AM
[...]

D'oh!
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 11:22:33 AM
Gender Change Lull?
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 11:32:36 AM
Gender Change Lull?
Wait.....who's changin'?
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 11:33:51 AM
LMFAO, special at the .BIZ site today is 50% off of Gurkha's!   Now that is about like the Cadillac Dealer offering a $100 discount off the sticker price and "only good for 1 day".

SHEESH!
Gotta make room.  Look at all these new Gurkha's on the way!

http://halfwheel.com/ipcpr-2016-gurkha/128150
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 18, 2016, 11:34:04 AM
Gender Change Lull?
Wait.....who's changin'?
Don't ask, don't tell.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 18, 2016, 11:39:13 AM
We have Tropical Storm Fiona
Wasn't she married to Shrek?
Good morning boys...
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 11:42:26 AM
Morning Flip
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 18, 2016, 11:48:13 AM
Think I will see if I can get in a little walk before it rains again.
Nice cup of decaf expresso at Lavazza and met my next girlfriend!  Holy Sheesh, just the right age about  25 and smok'n hot with a major rack and about 6' tall wearing some mega sexy spiked heals about 5" tall on the bottoms of those drumsticks.. :o
Guess we know were TexDave is going to be spending the rest of his mornings before retirement.  Did she smile at you?
She smiled and talked to me all the while I was slobbering.  my eyes were about rack high too!

She was dressed in a tight fitting skirt and blouse looking like the TWA Stewardesses of the 1960's, some kind of sexy.  Sorry to the youngsters that do not know what those looked like but they were hot then and would still be hot now.
Are you saying the stewardesses or the outfits...
 A pert 20 year old in 1960 would be 76 years old now...
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 18, 2016, 11:51:28 AM
The story has become all too familiar: The former child star who struggles to keep hold of their money, and ends up bankrupt decades later. But Eve Plumb, of “Brady Bunch” fame, is an exception, having made a savvy property investment at the age of just 11.

The 58-year-old actress and painter, who played Jan Brady in classic 1970s U.S. TV show “The Brady Bunch,” bought her Malibu home 47 years ago for just $55,000 with the help of her parents, and has now just sold it for $3.9 million, according to the listing agent Deasy/Penner.
as they say in real estate; "Location, location, location!"  same bungalow might be worth less in Detroit now.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 12:11:22 PM
[...]

Dean'o Approved!
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 12:12:36 PM
[...]

...and living near Dean in Florida.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 12:13:33 PM
[...]

We all think so alike!
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 18, 2016, 12:15:09 PM
I just came across this,
Thought Tony might need it.  8)
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 12:15:53 PM
Damn, trying to watch a fishing video and the bastige on the other side of my wall is on a conference call talking so loud I can't here the video using my headphones.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 12:16:36 PM
[...]

Rather frightening to think about!
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 18, 2016, 12:18:23 PM
[...]

Well of course I knew Dean would think them doable,
as long as it has a pulse, that reminds me of a famous quotation:
"I am not a homosexual necrophiliac!", he said in dead Ernest.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 18, 2016, 12:19:48 PM
Damn, trying to watch a fishing video and the bastige on the other side of my wall is on a conference call talking so loud I can't here the video using my headphones.
what are you going to do.... I'd get after market speakers,
with a powered subwoofer, for you computer, fix his wagon...
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 12:24:20 PM
@Flip.....did you see the link to Halfwheel and all the new Gurkha's coming out?
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 12:27:41 PM
In the fundamentalist school I attended, it was just Greek and Hebrew. But I pissed them off and they were happy for me to finish at Arizona, where my advisor was a catholic priest.  So I studied some Latin.

He hoped I'd convert and become a priest, but I like women too much.
You'd have to love little boys to become a priest.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: sfish on August 18, 2016, 12:31:41 PM
@NJDave, I remember you posting a "meh" review of the new Murcialago. Are they a good cigar if you ignore what we want them to be?
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 18, 2016, 12:35:47 PM
In the fundamentalist school I attended, it was just Greek and Hebrew. But I pissed them off and they were happy for me to finish at Arizona, where my advisor was a catholic priest.  So I studied some Latin.

He hoped I'd convert and become a priest, but I like women too much.
You'd have to love little boys to become a priest.
That's why I'm not Catholic.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 18, 2016, 12:37:34 PM
In the fundamentalist school I attended, it was just Greek and Hebrew. But I pissed them off and they were happy for me to finish at Arizona, where my advisor was a catholic priest.  So I studied some Latin.

He hoped I'd convert and become a priest, but I like women too much.
You'd have to love little boys to become a priest.
That's why I'm not Catholic.
Because you don't like little boys, or because you're worried about priests loving you?
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 18, 2016, 12:38:01 PM
In the fundamentalist school I attended, it was just Greek and Hebrew. But I pissed them off and they were happy for me to finish at Arizona, where my advisor was a catholic priest.  So I studied some Latin.

He hoped I'd convert and become a priest, but I like women too much.
You'd have to love little boys to become a priest.
That's why I'm not Catholic.
Because you don't like little boys, or because you're worried about priests loving you?
Yes.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 12:43:36 PM
In the fundamentalist school I attended, it was just Greek and Hebrew. But I pissed them off and they were happy for me to finish at Arizona, where my advisor was a catholic priest.  So I studied some Latin.

He hoped I'd convert and become a priest, but I like women too much.
You'd have to love little boys to become a priest.
That's why I'm not Catholic.
Because you don't like little boys, or because you're worried about priests loving you?
Yes.
+1 and I am a Catholic.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 18, 2016, 12:53:22 PM
@Flip.....did you see the link to Halfwheel and all the new Gurkha's coming out?
read that earlier this week, some have been around for a while...
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 12:58:03 PM
@NJDave, I remember you posting a "meh" review of the new Murcialago. Are they a good cigar if you ignore what we want them to be?
Been a while, but to me they were generic Espinosa cigars.  The only Espinosa cigar (post EO) I really care for is the Laranja.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 18, 2016, 01:00:10 PM
Awesome.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/dude-who-preaches-that-god-sends-natural-disasters-to-punish-gay-people-has-his-house-destroyed-by-a-massive-flood/?utm_campaign=SocialflowFB&utm_source=BarstoolUFB&utm_medium=Socialflow
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 01:09:36 PM
Awesome.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/dude-who-preaches-that-god-sends-natural-disasters-to-punish-gay-people-has-his-house-destroyed-by-a-massive-flood/?utm_campaign=SocialflowFB&utm_source=BarstoolUFB&utm_medium=Socialflow
So he was right!
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 01:15:07 PM
This is a good one too...
http://www.barstoolsports.com/iowa/christian-pastor-promised-to-light-himself-on-fire-if-same-sex-major-got-legalized-nationwide-time-to-pay-up/?utm_source=mobile&utm_medium=related&utm_campaign=push
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 18, 2016, 01:18:36 PM
This is a good one too...
http://www.barstoolsports.com/iowa/christian-pastor-promised-to-light-himself-on-fire-if-same-sex-major-got-legalized-nationwide-time-to-pay-up/?utm_source=mobile&utm_medium=related&utm_campaign=push
maybe he could light himself on fire, in the other preacher's flooded house.
might minimize damage.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 01:29:44 PM
One more for the road... Found this photo on the same site. Lovely couple announced their engagement at a local hibaci place. Their initials are unfortunate:

(http://cdn.barstoolsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/28/Screen-Shot-2015-07-28-at-10.59.51-AM.png?020bf7)
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: sfish on August 18, 2016, 01:39:40 PM
One more for the road... Found this photo on the same site. Lovely couple announced their engagement at a local hibaci place. Their initials are unfortunate:

(http://cdn.barstoolsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/28/Screen-Shot-2015-07-28-at-10.59.51-AM.png?020bf7)
She kissed on it, the third input is officially in play
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 18, 2016, 01:45:17 PM
One more for the road... Found this photo on the same site. Lovely couple announced their engagement at a local hibaci place. Their initials are unfortunate:

(http://cdn.barstoolsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/28/Screen-Shot-2015-07-28-at-10.59.51-AM.png?020bf7)
Outstanding.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 02:00:52 PM
This is the No. 1 college in America for Olympic medals

Stanford athletes (incoming, current and former) have won 18 Olympic medals in Rio as of Thursday morning, the most of any American university and more medals than most of the 200 member nations competing at the Games, according to the NCAA. If Stanford were a country, it’d currently be ranked No. 10 in the total medal count.

The second and third institutions on the list are also California schools. Just behind Stanford with 16 medals is Bay Area neighbor and longtime football rival, the University of California, Berkeley. And in at No. 3 is the University of Southern California.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 02:09:34 PM
One more for the road... Found this photo on the same site. Lovely couple announced their engagement at a local hibaci place. Their initials are unfortunate:

(http://cdn.barstoolsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/28/Screen-Shot-2015-07-28-at-10.59.51-AM.png?020bf7)
Maybe not....shouldn't jump to conclusions Tony....just because it isn't in your repertoire.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 18, 2016, 02:14:22 PM
One more for the road... Found this photo on the same site. Lovely couple announced their engagement at a local hibaci place. Their initials are unfortunate:

(http://cdn.barstoolsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/28/Screen-Shot-2015-07-28-at-10.59.51-AM.png?020bf7)
Maybe not....shouldn't jump to conclusions Tony....just because it isn't in your repertoire.
Who says? After all, he IS Catholic.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 02:40:59 PM
This is the No. 1 college in America for Olympic medals

Stanford athletes (incoming, current and former) have won 18 Olympic medals in Rio as of Thursday morning, the most of any American university and more medals than most of the 200 member nations competing at the Games, according to the NCAA. If Stanford were a country, it’d currently be ranked No. 10 in the total medal count.

The second and third institutions on the list are also California schools. Just behind Stanford with 16 medals is Bay Area neighbor and longtime football rival, the University of California, Berkeley. And in at No. 3 is the University of Southern California.
I think Georgia is like in the top 5 as well.
Clemson has only one, but she's a good one! Brianna Rollins
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 02:44:29 PM
This is the No. 1 college in America for Olympic medals

Stanford athletes (incoming, current and former) have won 18 Olympic medals in Rio as of Thursday morning, the most of any American university and more medals than most of the 200 member nations competing at the Games, according to the NCAA. If Stanford were a country, it’d currently be ranked No. 10 in the total medal count.

The second and third institutions on the list are also California schools. Just behind Stanford with 16 medals is Bay Area neighbor and longtime football rival, the University of California, Berkeley. And in at No. 3 is the University of Southern California.
I think Georgia is like in the top 5 as well.
Clemson has only one, but she's a good one! Brianna Rollins
http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/c-swim/spec-rel/080316aaa.html
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 18, 2016, 02:52:47 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 02:58:28 PM
Hazzuh!
Later Golf, don't wake me too early in the morning.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 03:10:25 PM
Have a good evening BackToSchoolDave.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 18, 2016, 03:28:02 PM
Afternoon men humans people.  Coffee with a nica rustica.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 03:41:45 PM
Afternoon men humans people.  Coffee with a nica rustica.
Sounds like a good afternoon to me.  Hi Bean.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 03:50:59 PM
Wow, DOW is +5 heading into the close....maybe I should retire early.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 03:59:17 PM
Afternoon men humans people.  Coffee with a nica rustica.
Afternoon MissingInActionBean
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 04:01:04 PM
Wow, DOW is +5 heading into the close....maybe I should retire early.
Well it is actually closing at + 21.84 so you are now very weatlthy 18,596
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 04:04:33 PM
I believe I will head home for a cigar and something to sip on.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 18, 2016, 04:30:17 PM
I believe I will head home for a cigar and something to sip on.
You sometimes when you really aren't paying complete attention to what your reading?  …I will head home for a cigar and something to shit on.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 04:41:59 PM
I believe I will head home for a cigar and something to sip on.
You sometimes when you really aren't paying complete attention to what your reading?  …I will head home for a cigar and something to shit on.
We all have our own priorities in comfort.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 04:42:21 PM
I believe I will head home for a cigar and something to sip on.
Right behind you sir!
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 04:45:28 PM
I believe I will head home for a cigar and something to sip on.
Right behind you sir!
Not too close if he's shitting.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 04:59:12 PM
I believe I will head home for a cigar and something to sip on.
Right behind you sir!
Not too close if he's shitting.
But we won't judge if that's what you're into. You do spend a lot of time in Germany, after all.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 18, 2016, 05:05:18 PM
I believe I will head home for a cigar and something to sip on.
You sometimes when you really aren't paying complete attention to what your reading?  …I will head home for a cigar and something to shit on.
We all have our own priorities in comfort.
When you get shit on all day, you just want to return the favor.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 05:16:26 PM
Fallen Angel lit while only sitting.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 05:18:07 PM
IT'S THE WEEKEND!
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 05:20:07 PM
The State Department admitted Thursday that the US would not hand over $400 million in cash to Iran until it released four American hostages — two weeks after President Obama insisted the payment was not a “ransom.”

State Department spokesman John Kirby was asked at Thursday’s press briefing: “In basic English, you’re saying you wouldn’t give them $400 million in cash until the prisoners were released, correct?”

“That’s correct,” Kirby replied.

In an Aug. 4 press conference, President Obama said the opposite.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on August 18, 2016, 05:20:47 PM
IT'S THE WEEKEND!
that's mean, some of us have to get through Friday, first...
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 18, 2016, 05:54:13 PM
The State Department admitted Thursday that the US would not hand over $400 million in cash to Iran until it released four American hostages — two weeks after President Obama insisted the payment was not a “ransom.”

State Department spokesman John Kirby was asked at Thursday’s press briefing: “In basic English, you’re saying you wouldn’t give them $400 million in cash until the prisoners were released, correct?”

“That’s correct,” Kirby replied.

In an Aug. 4 press conference, President Obama said the opposite.
Obama told a lie?  I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I say!

I'm going to go burn a neighborhood down.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 18, 2016, 05:58:17 PM
The State Department admitted Thursday that the US would not hand over $400 million in cash to Iran until it released four American hostages — two weeks after President Obama insisted the payment was not a “ransom.”

State Department spokesman John Kirby was asked at Thursday’s press briefing: “In basic English, you’re saying you wouldn’t give them $400 million in cash until the prisoners were released, correct?”

“That’s correct,” Kirby replied.

In an Aug. 4 press conference, President Obama said the opposite.
Translation:  "We didn't pay ransom.  We were extorted. Big difference.  Yuuuuuuge."
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 06:01:46 PM
Fallen Angel lit while only sitting.
Didn't think that was a stick you enjoyed. I never think to buy them but I have liked the ones I've smoked.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 06:07:42 PM
Fallen Angel lit while only sitting.
Didn't think that was a stick you enjoyed. I never think to buy them but I have liked the ones I've smoked.
Not my number 1 but with some age of a year or longer they are pretty good.  All of them I have are well aged.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 06:18:34 PM
I believe I will head home for a cigar and something to sip on.
Right behind you sir!
Not too close if he's shitting.
Not TexDave...thats CB, hopefully he's settled before I visit next week.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 06:19:20 PM
I believe I will head home for a cigar and something to sip on.
You sometimes when you really aren't paying complete attention to what your reading?  …I will head home for a cigar and something to shit on.
We all have our own priorities in comfort.
When you get shit on all day, you just want to return the favor.
Tony knows all about that.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 18, 2016, 06:20:48 PM
The State Department admitted Thursday that the US would not hand over $400 million in cash to Iran until it released four American hostages — two weeks after President Obama insisted the payment was not a “ransom.”

State Department spokesman John Kirby was asked at Thursday’s press briefing: “In basic English, you’re saying you wouldn’t give them $400 million in cash until the prisoners were released, correct?”

“That’s correct,” Kirby replied.

In an Aug. 4 press conference, President Obama said the opposite.
Who gives a fuck, they're released.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 06:26:05 PM
The State Department admitted Thursday that the US would not hand over $400 million in cash to Iran until it released four American hostages — two weeks after President Obama insisted the payment was not a “ransom.”

State Department spokesman John Kirby was asked at Thursday’s press briefing: “In basic English, you’re saying you wouldn’t give them $400 million in cash until the prisoners were released, correct?”

“That’s correct,” Kirby replied.

In an Aug. 4 press conference, President Obama said the opposite.
Who gives a fuck, they're released.

I do for one.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 18, 2016, 06:28:57 PM
The State Department admitted Thursday that the US would not hand over $400 million in cash to Iran until it released four American hostages — two weeks after President Obama insisted the payment was not a “ransom.”

State Department spokesman John Kirby was asked at Thursday’s press briefing: “In basic English, you’re saying you wouldn’t give them $400 million in cash until the prisoners were released, correct?”

“That’s correct,” Kirby replied.

In an Aug. 4 press conference, President Obama said the opposite.
Who gives a fuck, they're released.

I do for one.
Because the bastards with do it again. And because there is nothing more insulting to the victims than for them to be used as political poker chips.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 06:32:46 PM
The State Department admitted Thursday that the US would not hand over $400 million in cash to Iran until it released four American hostages — two weeks after President Obama insisted the payment was not a “ransom.”

State Department spokesman John Kirby was asked at Thursday’s press briefing: “In basic English, you’re saying you wouldn’t give them $400 million in cash until the prisoners were released, correct?”

“That’s correct,” Kirby replied.

In an Aug. 4 press conference, President Obama said the opposite.
Who gives a fuck, they're released.

I do for one.
Because the bastards with do it again. And because there is nothing more insulting to the victims than for them to be used as political poker chips.
And they are holding another one right now!  Also they may be U,S.Citizens but they are also Iranian and in addition any dumbass that makes the choice of their own free will to go to those extremely dangerous places are doing so at their own risk.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on August 18, 2016, 06:33:01 PM
I believe I will head home for a cigar and something to sip on.
Right behind you sir!
Not too close if he's shitting.
Not TexDave...thats CB, hopefully he's settled before I visit next week.
Nuthin' like bein' regular.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 18, 2016, 06:38:07 PM
[...]

Yes, but there's something to be said for the idea that if you harm an American Citizen, regardless of extraction, we'll make you bleed.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 06:41:38 PM
[...]

No argument there but we the tax payers bled $400 million + associated  costs of getting them was all the bleeding that was done for their own stupidity.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 18, 2016, 06:54:21 PM
[...]

No, the $400 mil belonged to Iran.  It was the $1.7 billion in interest that we paid that really pisses me off.  They took 50 hostages in '79, so we froze their assets, including that $400 mil.  Then, after 37 years of continuous misbehavior by Iran, including repeated hostage-taking, we give them their $400 mil and $1.7 billion in interest.  We guaranteed their investment when they were assholes.

But Obama wants to cozy up to Iran.  It suits his ideology. That it's a totally ridiculous ideology, and completely at odds with conventional liberal thought never crosses his mind.  This is what Commie Academia produces.

Obama's a putz.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 07:02:11 PM
[...]

And  if  you believe that it was the Iranians money bag of bullshit I would like to sell you my mountain property in the Everglades.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 18, 2016, 07:05:13 PM
[...]

And  F you believe that it was the Iranians money bag of bullshit I would like to sell you my mountain property in the Everglades.
Nah, it was money they paid us when the Shah was in power for the purchase of some fighter jets.  The deal wasn't completed, they took hostages, so we froze it.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 08:31:36 PM
You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 18, 2016, 08:38:34 PM
You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Actually McArthur was a blow hard self-aggrandizing crappy commander who excelled at taking credit for others accomplishments.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 18, 2016, 08:39:32 PM
The State Department admitted Thursday that the US would not hand over $400 million in cash to Iran until it released four American hostages — two weeks after President Obama insisted the payment was not a “ransom.”

State Department spokesman John Kirby was asked at Thursday’s press briefing: “In basic English, you’re saying you wouldn’t give them $400 million in cash until the prisoners were released, correct?”

“That’s correct,” Kirby replied.

In an Aug. 4 press conference, President Obama said the opposite.
Who gives a fuck, they're released.
Certainly not USA Today readers.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 08:56:45 PM
You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Actually McArthur was a blow hard self-aggrandizing crappy commander who excelled at taking credit for others accomplishments.
I thought we were quoting Rodney Dangerfield movies.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: sfish on August 18, 2016, 09:15:02 PM
You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Sorry the rest of the guys don't appreciate a little Sam Kinison/Rodney scene
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: sfish on August 18, 2016, 09:15:55 PM
You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
"Good teacher...really seems to care"
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: sfish on August 18, 2016, 09:16:50 PM
Not great but not a bad CI email "build a sampler" special, solid choices in there
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 18, 2016, 09:18:43 PM
You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Sorry the rest of the guys don't appreciate a little Sam Kinison/Rodney scene
Yep, totally lost on me. Movie reference, please.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: razgueado on August 18, 2016, 09:18:44 PM
You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Actually McArthur was a blow hard self-aggrandizing crappy commander who excelled at taking credit for others accomplishments.
I though that was the definition of "General."
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 18, 2016, 09:24:04 PM
You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Sorry the rest of the guys don't appreciate a little Sam Kinison/Rodney scene
Yep, totally lost on me. Movie reference, please.
Though I'll take a guess and say George C Scott in Dr. Strangelove.  No googling.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 18, 2016, 09:30:08 PM
You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Actually McArthur was a blow hard self-aggrandizing crappy commander who excelled at taking credit for others accomplishments.
I thought we were quoting Rodney Dangerfield movies.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on August 18, 2016, 09:37:59 PM
You're all wrong. The reason we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China was 'cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!
Actually McArthur was a blow hard self-aggrandizing crappy commander who excelled at taking credit for others accomplishments.
I thought we were quoting Rodney Dangerfield movies.
Nope.  Googled it, a less well known Rodney movie.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 11:50:47 PM
Not great but not a bad CI email "build a sampler" special, solid choices in there
I saw that too. I'd seriously consider it with free shipping.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 18, 2016, 11:53:34 PM
Oh, and be prepared for a Friday jam.
Title: Re: 8/18/2016
Post by: SLY on August 18, 2016, 11:57:45 PM
In the fundamentalist school I attended, it was just Greek and Hebrew. But I pissed them off and they were happy for me to finish at Arizona, where my advisor was a catholic priest.  So I studied some Latin.

He hoped I'd convert and become a priest, but I like women too much.
You'd have to love little boys to become a priest.
That's why I'm not Catholic.
It's late when I'm getting around to reading this (watching Nats, Avo Nica Synchro ... thanks, Oy.) But I have to comment to at least give some perspective: fact - about 4% of priests offended (way too many, should have been 0), out of those, 80% were adult males on adolescent males (technically "ephebophelia"), so what does that tell you - it was a homosexual problem - letting these priests marry would not have been the solution, capiche?  When adult men came forward, explaining what happened to them and how it damaged them, it showed just how destructive sexual abuse of minors by adults really is.  That being said, every priest should have been given due process, because some greedy folks decided to cash in on the reparations bonanza and there were many priests that were falsely accused and lost their reputations, their lifelong vocations, plus their freedoms. Those who were guilty, you know what Jesus said their punishments would be. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.  Final point: I know many fine priests who live out their vocations spending themselves for the care of souls (many left girlfriends & fiancées behind in wrenching decisions when they believed they were being called ... they would have been good husbands and family men, so it was a huge sacrifice for them & their families do they could be undivided in their devotion to Christ & His Church). So please don't smear all Catholic priests with a broad brush, for the ugly criminal actions of a few.  FWIW: I was an altar boy from 3rd grade through HS and was never once approached in a sexual way.  Then I totally strayed during college and after, living like a baptized pagan, but that's another story.