CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 05, 2017, 12:00:28 AM

Title: 9/5/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on September 05, 2017, 12:00:28 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 05:15:41 AM
Morning Snowflakes, Happy 2nd Saturday!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 05:16:40 AM
Is it a Jam or a Sham?
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 05:18:54 AM
The Room 101 Surprise Party Continues, now this is a change in strategy!   Too many fat lady's at this dance.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 05:21:24 AM
DANGEROUS HURRICANE IRMA HEADING FOR THE LEEWARD ISLANDS WITH 150 MPH WINDS...

Everyone is looking toward Miami and the Keys but it is still too early to fixate on just that area, 5 day forecasts ar just not that accurate.  That said, if I was living in South FL I would be packed and ready to get out by very early Thursday morning at the latest.

Supplies are already flying off the shelves in Miami and the Keys, many stores were sold out of water and batteries last night.

Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 05:35:33 AM
Computer Models for Irma (Spaghetti Models)
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 05:38:24 AM
45 shot in Chicago for their Labor Day Weekend Celebration!

Bad aiming and inferior ammunition made for only 5 killed.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 06:12:41 AM
According to FEMA they are currently  paying for 56,700 Harvey Refugees living in Hotels.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 06:17:01 AM
Stupid act of the day, as if the Fuk'n security lines, gate areas and food vendors are not already chaotic enough!  Travelers should be praying this fails before spreading!

Pittsburgh airport to allow non-passengers past security for first time since 9/11

http://fox8.com/2017/09/01/pittsburgh-airport-to-allow-non-passengers-past-security-for-first-time-since-911/
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 06:47:28 AM
The Room 101 Surprise Party Continues, now this is a change in strategy!   Too many fat lady's at this dance.
Not to mention overpriced.  How many Uncle Lee's have we gotten for $10 less a box?
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 06:49:00 AM
45 shot in Chicago for their Labor Day Weekend Celebration!

Bad aiming and inferior ammunition made for only 5 killed.
Might be that holding the guns sideways kool style.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 06:50:12 AM
Computer Models for Irma (Spaghetti Models)
So right up the butt for Mr. Dean...
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 06:51:26 AM
Computer Models for Irma (Spaghetti Models)
So right up the butt for Mr. Dean...
Could be but too early to say for sure.  If there I would be preparing though.

Remains of that cucumber and onion salad last night could probably turn a hurricane.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 06:55:05 AM
Today is Tuesday, Sept. 5, the 248th day of 2017. There are 117 days left in the year.

Today's Highlights in History:

On September 5, 1997, breaking the royal reticence over the death of Princess Diana, Britain's Queen Elizabeth II delivered a televised address in which she called her former daughter-in-law "a remarkable person." Mother Teresa died in Calcutta, India, at age 87; conductor Sir Georg Solti (johrj SHOL'-tee) died in France at age 84.

On this date:

In 1774, the first Continental Congress assembled in Philadelphia.

In 1836, Sam Houston was elected president of the Republic of Texas.

In 1882, the nation's first Labor Day was celebrated with a parade in New York. (Although Labor Day now takes place on the first Monday of September, this first celebration occurred on a Tuesday.)

In 1914, the First Battle of the Marne, resulting in a French-British victory over Germany, began during World War I.

In 1939, four days after war had broken out in Europe, President Franklin D. Roosevelt issued a proclamation declaring U.S. neutrality in the conflict.

In 1945, Japanese-American Iva Toguri D'Aquino, suspected of being wartime broadcaster "Tokyo Rose," was arrested in Yokohama. (D'Aquino was later convicted of treason and served six years in prison; she was pardoned in 1977 by President Gerald R. Ford.)

In 1957, the novel "On the Road," by Jack Kerouac, was first published by Viking Press.

In 1972, the Palestinian group Black September attacked the Israeli Olympic delegation at the Munich Games; 11 Israelis, five guerrillas and a police officer were killed in the resulting siege.

In 1975, President Gerald R. Ford escaped an attempt on his life by Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme, a disciple of Charles Manson, in Sacramento, California.

In 1977, West German industrialist Hanns-Martin Schleyer (SHLY'-ur) was kidnapped in Cologne by the Baader-Meinhof gang. (Schleyer was later killed by his captors.) The U.S. launched the Voyager 1 spacecraft two weeks after launching its twin, Voyager 2.

In 1986, four hijackers who had seized a Pan Am jumbo jet on the ground in Karachi, Pakistan, opened fire when the lights inside the plane failed; a total of 20 people were killed before Pakistani commandos stormed the jetliner.

In 2005, President George W. Bush nominated John Roberts to succeed the late William Rehnquist as chief justice of the United States. An Indonesian jetliner crashed, killing 149 people, including 49 on the ground; 17 passengers survived.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 06:55:43 AM
Ten years ago: German officials announced that three militants from an Islamic group linked to al-Qaida were planning "imminent" bomb attacks against Americans in Germany when an elite anti-terrorist unit raided their small-town hideout. Fred Thompson announced on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" that he was running for the Republican presidential nomination; his candidacy lasted less than five months. Alicia Sacramone's floor routine rallied the United States to the world women's gymnastics title in Stuttgart, Germany.

Five years ago: In an impassioned speech that rocked the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, former President Bill Clinton proclaimed, "I know we're coming back" from the worst economic mess in generations, and he appealed to hard-pressed Americans to stick with Barack Obama for a second term in the White House; in a roll call that lasted past midnight, Obama was officially nominated.

One year ago: Chinese President Xi Jinping (shee jihn-peeng) announced the close of the G-20 summit in the eastern city of Hangzhou (hahn-joh), saying it had contributed to encouraging new progress in boosting global growth. Hugh O'Brian, the actor who shot to fame as Sheriff Wyatt Earp in what was hailed as television's first adult Western, died in Beverly Hills, California, at age 91. Phyllis Schlafly, the outspoken conservative activist who helped defeat the Equal Rights Amendment in the 1970s and founded the Eagle Forum political group, died in St. Louis at age 92.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 06:56:13 AM
Today's Birthdays: Former Federal Reserve Board chairman Paul A. Volcker is 90. Comedian-actor Bob Newhart is 88. Actress-singer Carol Lawrence is 85. Actor William Devane is 78. Actor George Lazenby is 78. Actress Raquel Welch is 77. Movie director Werner Herzog is 75. Singer Al Stewart is 72. Actor-director Dennis Dugan is 71. College Football Hall of Famer Jerry LeVias is 71. Singer Loudon Wainwright III is 71. "Cathy" cartoonist Cathy Guisewite (GYZ'-wyt) is 67. Actor Michael Keaton is 66. Country musician Jamie Oldaker (The Tractors) is 66. Actress Debbie Turner-Larson (Marta in "The Sound of Music") is 61. Actress Kristian Alfonso is 54. Rhythm-and-blues singer Terry Ellis is 54. Rock musician Brad Wilk is 49. TV personality Dweezil Zappa is 48. Actress Rose McGowan is 44. Actress Carice Van Houten is 41. Actor Andrew Ducote is 31. Actress Kat Graham is 31. Olympic gold medal figure skater Yuna Kim is 27. Actor Skandar Keynes is 26.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 06:56:45 AM
Thought for Today: "History may be divided into three movements: what moves rapidly, what moves slowly and what appears not to move at all." - Fernand Braudel, French historian (1902-1985).
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 06:57:02 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 07:05:59 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Morning Sir, Travellin this week?
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 07:08:16 AM
Just hard to imagine she is that old!

Actress Raquel Welch is 77.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 07:19:14 AM
Greetings from Charleston....

http://www.wyff4.com/article/report-man-was-having-sex-in-van-when-he-was-fatally-shot-in-n-charleston/9659909
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 07:19:43 AM
Just hard to imagine she is that old!

Actress Raquel Welch is 77.
....hard being the key word here....
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 07:23:25 AM
Just hard to imagine she is that old!

Actress Raquel Welch is 77.
....hard being the key word here....
Exactly why I chose that very word ;D
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 07:27:33 AM
Travellin Dave falling down on his job,  there was a really good college game last night to wrap up the opening weekend with (23)TN defeating GA Tech 42-41 in 2OT.

Looks like the SEC ruled over the ACC for opening week :).  Cocks, Vol's and Tide all rolled over their ACC opponents.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 07:30:19 AM
Greetings from Charleston....

http://www.wyff4.com/article/report-man-was-having-sex-in-van-when-he-was-fatally-shot-in-n-charleston/9659909
You should be well aware that North Charleston is near Charleston but they are two totally different cities.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 07:33:02 AM
Greetings from Charleston....

http://www.wyff4.com/article/report-man-was-having-sex-in-van-when-he-was-fatally-shot-in-n-charleston/9659909
You should be well aware that North Charleston is near Charleston but they are two totally different cities.
Yes, fully aware.  My son got married in North Charleston.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 07:34:32 AM
Travellin Dave falling down on his job,  there was a really good college game last night to wrap up the opening weekend with (23)TN defeating GA Tech 42-41 in 2OT.

Looks like the SEC ruled over the ACC for opening week :).  Cocks, Vol's and Tide all rolled over their ACC opponents.
Yea, the 0 fer definitely not a good start.  Two of the three games were given away.  (of course all that matters is the scoreboard)
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 07:35:00 AM
Just hard to imagine she is that old!

Actress Raquel Welch is 77.
....hard being the key word here....
TWSS
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 07:36:43 AM
Morning Daves.  Raquel wishes you a Happy Tuesday.
(https://o.aolcdn.com/images/dims3/GLOB/crop/3658x2402+68+740/resize/1028x675!/format/jpg/quality/85/http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F4bce5e451d58c59e69c285ec23d9bfac%2F205420997%2Factress-raquel-welch-on-the-set-of-one-million-years-bc-picture-id607389604)
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 07:39:20 AM
Morning Daves.  Raquel wishes you a Happy Tuesday.
(https://o.aolcdn.com/images/dims3/GLOB/crop/3658x2402+68+740/resize/1028x675!/format/jpg/quality/85/http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F4bce5e451d58c59e69c285ec23d9bfac%2F205420997%2Factress-raquel-welch-on-the-set-of-one-million-years-bc-picture-id607389604)
Morning Mr. Bean.  I was just going to change my avi to that picture.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 07:41:09 AM
Morning Daves.  Raquel wishes you a Happy Tuesday.
(https://o.aolcdn.com/images/dims3/GLOB/crop/3658x2402+68+740/resize/1028x675!/format/jpg/quality/85/http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F4bce5e451d58c59e69c285ec23d9bfac%2F205420997%2Factress-raquel-welch-on-the-set-of-one-million-years-bc-picture-id607389604)
Morning Mr. Bean.  I was just going to change my avi to that picture.
Good idea.  She'll be thrilled.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 07:49:41 AM
Stupid act of the day, as if the Fuk'n security lines, gate areas and food vendors are not already chaotic enough!  Travelers should be praying this fails before spreading!

Pittsburgh airport to allow non-passengers past security for first time since 9/11

http://fox8.com/2017/09/01/pittsburgh-airport-to-allow-non-passengers-past-security-for-first-time-since-911/
From the article: "The TSA said in a statement that they did not need to hire additional employees for the program, and they do not anticipate checkpoint wait times to be affected"
(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c6/4e/87/c64e87fef74809d4fd3961cc87fb6b34--tennis-humor-mother-jones.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 07:49:46 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 07:54:21 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
Better before than after.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 07:54:36 AM
Morning ACDean.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 07:56:51 AM
Stupid act of the day, as if the Fuk'n security lines, gate areas and food vendors are not already chaotic enough!  Travelers should be praying this fails before spreading!

Pittsburgh airport to allow non-passengers past security for first time since 9/11

http://fox8.com/2017/09/01/pittsburgh-airport-to-allow-non-passengers-past-security-for-first-time-since-911/
From the article: "The TSA said in a statement that they did not need to hire additional employees for the program, and they do not anticipate checkpoint wait times to be affected"
(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c6/4e/87/c64e87fef74809d4fd3961cc87fb6b34--tennis-humor-mother-jones.jpg)
As if gate areas aren't congested enough....
Guess they want to come for the fine dining options and great prices....
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 07:57:07 AM
Morning Dean and Bean
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 08:02:40 AM
Stupid act of the day, as if the Fuk'n security lines, gate areas and food vendors are not already chaotic enough!  Travelers should be praying this fails before spreading!

Pittsburgh airport to allow non-passengers past security for first time since 9/11

http://fox8.com/2017/09/01/pittsburgh-airport-to-allow-non-passengers-past-security-for-first-time-since-911/
From the article: "The TSA said in a statement that they did not need to hire additional employees for the program, and they do not anticipate checkpoint wait times to be affected"
(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c6/4e/87/c64e87fef74809d4fd3961cc87fb6b34--tennis-humor-mother-jones.jpg)
As if gate areas aren't congested enough....
Guess they want to come for the fine dining options and great prices....
Yeah, all those BOGO offers beyond security are very tempting, or of course they might just want to run in and grab a bottle of $4 water.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 08:04:37 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
Better before than after.
we'll see what happens by Saturday.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 08:05:28 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
That panic dates all the way back to post Andrew when they all got caught with their pants down and no lube.

Panic buying has pretty much become the unfortunate way of the Nation.  Exactly what kicked off this gasoline nightmare we have here now.  It is basically part of the "Mob" mindset.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2017, 08:20:48 AM
I remembered my work password so I guess I wasn't gone long enough.

Good morning, boys.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 08:28:43 AM
I remembered my work password so I guess I wasn't gone long enough.

Good morning, boys.
Morning LookWhatTheFloDrugInDave.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 08:31:27 AM
I remembered my work password so I guess I wasn't gone long enough.

Good morning, boys.
Morning Mayor, welcome back to the slums.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 08:37:26 AM
Holy Sheet!

...IRMA BECOMES AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY 5 HURRICANE... ...PREPARATIONS SHOULD BE RUSHED TO COMPLETION IN THE HURRICANE WARNING AREA...

8:00 AM AST Tue Sep 5
Location: 16.7°N 57.7°W
Moving: W at 14 mph
Min pressure: 929 mb
Max sustained: 175 mph

Track is relatively unchanged since 5:00 am report
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2017, 08:39:49 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
Better before than after.
My MiL and her two elder sisters are in Miami, as we speak. Perhaps my wife should find them a flight home?
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 08:44:03 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
Better before than after.
My MiL and her two elder sisters are in Miami, as we speak. Perhaps my wife should find them a flight home?
And perhaps soon!  But where is home?
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2017, 08:50:18 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
That panic dates all the way back to post Andrew when they all got caught with their pants down and no lube.

Panic buying has pretty much become the unfortunate way of the Nation.  Exactly what kicked off this gasoline nightmare we have here now.  It is basically part of the "Mob" mindset.
Gas prices have recently gone up quite a bit here too. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2017, 08:50:44 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
Better before than after.
My MiL and her two elder sisters are in Miami, as we speak. Perhaps my wife should find them a flight home?
And perhaps soon!  But where is home?
Joisey
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 08:54:15 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
Better before than after.
My MiL and her two elder sisters are in Miami, as we speak. Perhaps my wife should find them a flight home?
And perhaps soon!  But where is home?
Joisey
Then home is the place to get them, and ASAP!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 08:55:04 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
That panic dates all the way back to post Andrew when they all got caught with their pants down and no lube.

Panic buying has pretty much become the unfortunate way of the Nation.  Exactly what kicked off this gasoline nightmare we have here now.  It is basically part of the "Mob" mindset.
Gas prices have recently gone up quite a bit here too. Sheesh.
But we can't find hardly any to buy at any price.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 09:05:06 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
Better before than after.
My MiL and her two elder sisters are in Miami, as we speak. Perhaps my wife should find them a flight home?
That would probably be a good idea.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 09:08:26 AM
A/C contractor here working on unit.
guess landlord got the hint.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 09:11:54 AM
TABSA Tuesday at SBC

CODE: TABSA = 20% off categories listed below

CODE: TABSA200 = 25% off categores listed below on purchases $200+!

For TABSA Tuesday we have Casa Fernandez, Viaje, Illusione, HVC, Warped, and Edition One!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 09:12:39 AM
A/C contractor here working on unit.
guess landlord got the hint.
Progress!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 09:34:06 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
That panic dates all the way back to post Andrew when they all got caught with their pants down and no lube.

Panic buying has pretty much become the unfortunate way of the Nation.  Exactly what kicked off this gasoline nightmare we have here now.  It is basically part of the "Mob" mindset.
Gas prices have recently gone up quite a bit here too. Sheesh.
But we can't find hardly any to buy at any price.
Looks like there was some replenishment up our way overnight.  We'll see if it makes it through the day.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 09:38:03 AM
A/C contractor here working on unit.
guess landlord got the hint.
Progress!
capacitor shot, replaced and set up/installed NEW thermostat.
woohoo
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 09:42:32 AM
TABSA Tuesday at SBC

CODE: TABSA = 20% off categories listed below

CODE: TABSA200 = 25% off categores listed below on purchases $200+!

For TABSA Tuesday we have Casa Fernandez, Viaje, Illusione, HVC, Warped, and Edition One!
Decisions, decisions!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 09:42:57 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
That panic dates all the way back to post Andrew when they all got caught with their pants down and no lube.

Panic buying has pretty much become the unfortunate way of the Nation.  Exactly what kicked off this gasoline nightmare we have here now.  It is basically part of the "Mob" mindset.
Gas prices have recently gone up quite a bit here too. Sheesh.
But we can't find hardly any to buy at any price.
Looks like there was some replenishment up our way overnight.  We'll see if it makes it through the day.
Thanks,Good to know.  I will get out and check around here.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 09:54:19 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
That panic dates all the way back to post Andrew when they all got caught with their pants down and no lube.

Panic buying has pretty much become the unfortunate way of the Nation.  Exactly what kicked off this gasoline nightmare we have here now.  It is basically part of the "Mob" mindset.
Gas prices have recently gone up quite a bit here too. Sheesh.
But we can't find hardly any to buy at any price.
Looks like there was some replenishment up our way overnight.  We'll see if it makes it through the day.
Thanks,Good to know.  I will get out and check around here.
Download the GasBuddy app.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2017, 09:57:02 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
That panic dates all the way back to post Andrew when they all got caught with their pants down and no lube.

Panic buying has pretty much become the unfortunate way of the Nation.  Exactly what kicked off this gasoline nightmare we have here now.  It is basically part of the "Mob" mindset.
Gas prices have recently gone up quite a bit here too. Sheesh.
But we can't find hardly any to buy at any price.
Looks like there was some replenishment up our way overnight.  We'll see if it makes it through the day.
Thanks,Good to know.  I will get out and check around here.
Download the GasBuddy app.
Oh, that's what that's for?!?
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 10:05:48 AM
Maybe this is why there is so much estrogen around the banter...

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/bmpbm8/ipas-are-giving-you-man-boobs?utm_source=munchiesfbus
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 10:07:41 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
That panic dates all the way back to post Andrew when they all got caught with their pants down and no lube.

Panic buying has pretty much become the unfortunate way of the Nation.  Exactly what kicked off this gasoline nightmare we have here now.  It is basically part of the "Mob" mindset.
Gas prices have recently gone up quite a bit here too. Sheesh.
But we can't find hardly any to buy at any price.
Looks like there was some replenishment up our way overnight.  We'll see if it makes it through the day.
Thanks,Good to know.  I will get out and check around here.
Download the GasBuddy app.
Oh, that's what that's for?!?
And I thought that was an app for Bush's Baked Beans... ???
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2017, 10:09:02 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
That panic dates all the way back to post Andrew when they all got caught with their pants down and no lube.

Panic buying has pretty much become the unfortunate way of the Nation.  Exactly what kicked off this gasoline nightmare we have here now.  It is basically part of the "Mob" mindset.
Gas prices have recently gone up quite a bit here too. Sheesh.
But we can't find hardly any to buy at any price.
Looks like there was some replenishment up our way overnight.  We'll see if it makes it through the day.
Thanks,Good to know.  I will get out and check around here.
Download the GasBuddy app.
Oh, that's what that's for?!?
And I thought that was an app for Bush's Baked Beans... ???
RIGHT?!? They should have been more clear.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 10:44:46 AM
Is it a Jam or a Sham?
Looks like a ShamJam

Pinar del Rio Habano Sun Grown Torpedo
10/$25.00

Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 10:54:11 AM
good morning guys. thanks to Harvey people in Florida are in a panic already.
That panic dates all the way back to post Andrew when they all got caught with their pants down and no lube.

Panic buying has pretty much become the unfortunate way of the Nation.  Exactly what kicked off this gasoline nightmare we have here now.  It is basically part of the "Mob" mindset.
Gas prices have recently gone up quite a bit here too. Sheesh.
But we can't find hardly any to buy at any price.
Looks like there was some replenishment up our way overnight.  We'll see if it makes it through the day.
Thanks,Good to know.  I will get out and check around here.
Download the GasBuddy app.
Oh, that's what that's for?!?
And I thought that was an app for Bush's Baked Beans... ???
RIGHT?!? They should have been more clear.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 10:56:42 AM
11:00 AM AST Tue Sep 5
Location: 16.8°N 58.4°W
Moving: W at 14 mph
Min pressure: 931 mb
Max sustained: 180 mph

Edit:  Wind Gusts to 220 MPH

Updated track indicates a direct hit on the Florida Keys Sunday Morning.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 10:59:10 AM
finally, for the first time in a week it's hooer outside than inside.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 11:02:47 AM
finally, for the first time in a week it's hooer outside than inside.
Nice!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 11:03:12 AM
finally, for the first time in a week it's hooer outside than inside.
Progress!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 11:10:43 AM
And following Irma:

10TH TROPICAL STORM OF THE SEASON FORMS OVER THE OPEN ATLANTIC...JOSE.

Perhaps Jose heard about the wall and is boogieing out to sea. :)

Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 11:11:48 AM
11:00 AM AST Tue Sep 5
Location: 16.8°N 58.4°W
Moving: W at 14 mph
Min pressure: 931 mb
Max sustained: 180 mph

Holy Fook!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 11:46:10 AM
Pretty damn warm and humid here today, but getting a big break starting tomorrow.  Bring it!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 11:50:34 AM
Pretty damn warm and humid here today, but getting a big break starting tomorrow.  Bring it!
I am certainly hoping for cooler, sure make my moving easier
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2017, 12:01:43 PM
Pretty damn warm and humid here today, but getting a big break starting tomorrow.  Bring it!
I am certainly hoping for cooler, sure make my moving easier
Hope the storm doesn't impede the move.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 05, 2017, 12:11:05 PM
hello boys, just had some oxtails, and then some fresh fruit for dessert.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 12:12:26 PM
Pretty damn warm and humid here today, but getting a big break starting tomorrow.  Bring it!
I am certainly hoping for cooler, sure make my moving easier
Hope the storm doesn't impede the move.
+1
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 12:28:39 PM
hello boys, just had some oxtails, and then some fresh fruit for dessert.
The soup or the actual oxtails?
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 12:31:03 PM
Pretty damn warm and humid here today, but getting a big break starting tomorrow.  Bring it!
I am certainly hoping for cooler, sure make my moving easier
Hope the storm doesn't impede the move.
Thanks, it is definitely a possibility which I am working on alternatives for.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 12:32:11 PM
@ Bean - Found gasoline at two places on Burnet Road with no lines.  Must  be catching up
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2017, 12:32:12 PM
hello boys, just had some oxtails, and then some fresh fruit for dessert.
The soup or the actual oxtails?
My wife wouldn't tolerate me calling her an ox. Just sayin'.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 12:36:03 PM
hello boys, just had some oxtails, and then some fresh fruit for dessert.
The soup or the actual oxtails?
My wife wouldn't tolerate me calling her an ox. Just sayin'.
I bet you a box of Padron 64's she will not leave if you do. ;)
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 12:40:59 PM
Irma becomes strongest Atlantic hurricane outside Gulf and Caribbean ever recorded
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 05, 2017, 01:01:50 PM
Pretty damn warm and humid here today, but getting a big break starting tomorrow.  Bring it!
I am certainly hoping for cooler, sure make my moving easier
Hope the storm doesn't impede the move.
There's pills for that.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 01:23:11 PM
Pretty damn warm and humid here today, but getting a big break starting tomorrow.  Bring it!
I am certainly hoping for cooler, sure make my moving easier
Hope the storm doesn't impede the move.
Could be in SC middle of next week.  Hopefully just heavier rain at that point.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 01:24:30 PM
Pretty damn warm and humid here today, but getting a big break starting tomorrow.  Bring it!
I am certainly hoping for cooler, sure make my moving easier
Hope the storm doesn't impede the move.
There's pills for that.
CB knows pills... :P
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 01:24:54 PM
Irma becomes strongest Atlantic hurricane outside Gulf and Caribbean ever recorded
Isn't it in the Caribbean?
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 05, 2017, 01:27:05 PM
hello boys, just had some oxtails, and then some fresh fruit for dessert.
The soup or the actual oxtails?
actual oxtails, in a brown sauce, some call it rabo...
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 05, 2017, 01:27:27 PM
Pretty damn warm and humid here today, but getting a big break starting tomorrow.  Bring it!
I am certainly hoping for cooler, sure make my moving easier
Hope the storm doesn't impede the move.
There's pills for that.
CB knows pills... :P
Not by choice.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 01:35:08 PM
Irma becomes strongest Atlantic hurricane outside Gulf and Caribbean ever recorded
Isn't it in the Caribbean?
Not yet
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 05, 2017, 01:37:51 PM
Morning, muchachos.  Home sick today. Lymph glands in my neck blown up like a balloon.  Not a pretty picture.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 01:38:25 PM
Pretty damn warm and humid here today, but getting a big break starting tomorrow.  Bring it!
I am certainly hoping for cooler, sure make my moving easier
Hope the storm doesn't impede the move.
Could be in SC middle of next week.  Hopefully just heavier rain at that point.
Not out of the woods yet, Could be there as more than a rain storm.

We plan to arrive there on Friday the 15th but we are building in some weather flexibility
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 01:49:57 PM
IRMA

2:00 PM AST Tue Sep 5
Location: 16.9°N 59.1°W
Moving: W at 14 mph
Min pressure: 926 mb
Max sustained: 185 mph
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 01:56:27 PM
hello boys, just had some oxtails, and then some fresh fruit for dessert.
The soup or the actual oxtails?
actual oxtails, in a brown sauce, some call it rabo...
I call it no thanks.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 01:58:52 PM
IRMA

2:00 PM AST Tue Sep 5
Location: 16.9°N 59.1°W
Moving: W at 14 mph
Min pressure: 926 mb
Max sustained: 185 mph

You may need to send Dean a key to your SC condo.  Probably room there for him, the lady, the redhead, and a couple of tag-along deadbeats.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 01:58:53 PM
hello boys, just had some oxtails, and then some fresh fruit for dessert.
The soup or the actual oxtails?
actual oxtails, in a brown sauce, some call it rabo...
I call it no thanks.
Too close to the poop-hole for me
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 01:59:38 PM
IRMA

2:00 PM AST Tue Sep 5
Location: 16.9°N 59.1°W
Moving: W at 14 mph
Min pressure: 926 mb
Max sustained: 185 mph

You may need to send Dean a key to your SC condo.  Probably room there for him, the lady, the redhead, and a couple of tag-along deadbeats.
I don't even have a key
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Oyam18 on September 05, 2017, 02:10:46 PM
hello boys, just had some oxtails, and then some fresh fruit for dessert.
The soup or the actual oxtails?
actual oxtails, in a brown sauce, some call it rabo...
I call it no thanks.
Too close to the poop-hole for me
one of the best things to eat, Rabo ensendio
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 02:20:55 PM
hello boys, just had some oxtails, and then some fresh fruit for dessert.
The soup or the actual oxtails?
actual oxtails, in a brown sauce, some call it rabo...
I call it no thanks.
Too close to the poop-hole for me
one of the best things to eat, Rabo ensendio
Good to know, but given the choice I'll stick to well prepared brisket.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 02:35:00 PM
A real WTF moment ahead of Irma:  "U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma."
Nothing quite like being left defenseless in the wake of a natural disaster. And what National Guard has not enough guns and ammo?
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 02:40:30 PM
IRMA

2:00 PM AST Tue Sep 5
Location: 16.9°N 59.1°W
Moving: W at 14 mph
Min pressure: 926 mb
Max sustained: 185 mph

You may need to send Dean a key to your SC condo.  Probably room there for him, the lady, the redhead, and a couple of tag-along deadbeats.
no thanks, and I have no deadbeats.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 02:46:35 PM
had to go to WalMart to pick up my new glasses. parking lot full, people blowing horns and yelling at each other, one lady asked if I'd put her cart away for her, the storage thing was two cars away from her, I said no, put it back yourself. she left it. store mobbed, everyone bitching about empty shelves, cashiers being yelled at. glad I only had to get my glasses.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 03:04:27 PM
IRMA

2:00 PM AST Tue Sep 5
Location: 16.9°N 59.1°W
Moving: W at 14 mph
Min pressure: 926 mb
Max sustained: 185 mph

You may need to send Dean a key to your SC condo.  Probably room there for him, the lady, the redhead, and a couple of tag-along deadbeats.
no thanks, and I have no deadbeats.
Dean is an Alpha Male, he will just ride it out until his cigars go under.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2017, 03:06:02 PM
had to go to WalMart to pick up my new glasses. parking lot full, people blowing horns and yelling at each other, one lady asked if I'd put her cart away for her, the storage thing was two cars away from her, I said no, put it back yourself. she left it. store mobbed, everyone bitching about empty shelves, cashiers being yelled at. glad I only had to get my glasses.
Betcha you would have been nicer to the cart lady had she offered you some of her rabo ensendio.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 03:13:22 PM
had to go to WalMart to pick up my new glasses. parking lot full, people blowing horns and yelling at each other, one lady asked if I'd put her cart away for her, the storage thing was two cars away from her, I said no, put it back yourself. she left it. store mobbed, everyone bitching about empty shelves, cashiers being yelled at. glad I only had to get my glasses.
Betcha you would have been nicer to the cart lady had she offered you some of her rabo ensendio.
She must have really been a toothless hound dog!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2017, 03:21:21 PM
had to go to WalMart to pick up my new glasses. parking lot full, people blowing horns and yelling at each other, one lady asked if I'd put her cart away for her, the storage thing was two cars away from her, I said no, put it back yourself. she left it. store mobbed, everyone bitching about empty shelves, cashiers being yelled at. glad I only had to get my glasses.
Betcha you would have been nicer to the cart lady had she offered you some of her rabo ensendio.
She must have really been a toothless hound dog!
Some might find that especially appealing.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 05, 2017, 03:31:13 PM
A real WTF moment ahead of Irma:  "U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma."
Nothing quite like being left defenseless in the wake of a natural disaster. And what National Guard has not enough guns and ammo?
Some long haired, liberal commie pinko theif!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 03:32:31 PM
IRMA

2:00 PM AST Tue Sep 5
Location: 16.9°N 59.1°W
Moving: W at 14 mph
Min pressure: 926 mb
Max sustained: 185 mph

You may need to send Dean a key to your SC condo.  Probably room there for him, the lady, the redhead, and a couple of tag-along deadbeats.
no thanks, and I have no deadbeats.
Dean is an Alpha Male, he will just ride it out until his cigars go under.
and I'm still a volunteer for Emergency Management in Inglis where they refuse to listen to me.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 03:43:30 PM
A real WTF moment ahead of Irma:  "U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma."
Nothing quite like being left defenseless in the wake of a natural disaster. And what National Guard has not enough guns and ammo?
Some long haired, liberal commie pinko theif!
Never found guns to be much use against a hurricane.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 03:46:02 PM
had to go to WalMart to pick up my new glasses. parking lot full, people blowing horns and yelling at each other, one lady asked if I'd put her cart away for her, the storage thing was two cars away from her, I said no, put it back yourself. she left it. store mobbed, everyone bitching about empty shelves, cashiers being yelled at. glad I only had to get my glasses.
Betcha you would have been nicer to the cart lady had she offered you some of her rabo ensendio.
She must have really been a toothless hound dog!
Some might find that especially appealing.
Let's not even start down that road.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 03:50:55 PM
had to go to WalMart to pick up my new glasses. parking lot full, people blowing horns and yelling at each other, one lady asked if I'd put her cart away for her, the storage thing was two cars away from her, I said no, put it back yourself. she left it. store mobbed, everyone bitching about empty shelves, cashiers being yelled at. glad I only had to get my glasses.
Betcha you would have been nicer to the cart lady had she offered you some of her rabo ensendio.
She must have really been a toothless hound dog!
Some might find that especially appealing.
Let's not even start down that road.
thank you.
actually I just didn't want to.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 03:51:21 PM
A real WTF moment ahead of Irma:  "U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma."
Nothing quite like being left defenseless in the wake of a natural disaster. And what National Guard has not enough guns and ammo?
Some long haired, liberal commie pinko theif!
Never found guns to be much use against a hurricane.
They're pretty handy here.
(http://www.digitalmediatree.com/library/image/12/TX_Defenders_small.JPG)
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 03:52:38 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/09/05/florida-declares-state-of-emergency-as-hurricane-irma-intensifies-to-a-category-5-storm/?utm_term=.04edb8fa5a3d

Florida officials begin ordering evacuations as Hurricane Irma intensifies to a Category 5 storm
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 03:54:12 PM
A real WTF moment ahead of Irma:  "U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma."
Nothing quite like being left defenseless in the wake of a natural disaster. And what National Guard has not enough guns and ammo?
Some long haired, liberal commie pinko theif!
Never found guns to be much use against a hurricane.
They're pretty handy here.
(http://www.digitalmediatree.com/library/image/12/TX_Defenders_small.JPG)
Texans, guns, and lite beer. what's wrong with that picture?
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 03:55:19 PM
had to go to WalMart to pick up my new glasses. parking lot full, people blowing horns and yelling at each other, one lady asked if I'd put her cart away for her, the storage thing was two cars away from her, I said no, put it back yourself. she left it. store mobbed, everyone bitching about empty shelves, cashiers being yelled at. glad I only had to get my glasses.
Betcha you would have been nicer to the cart lady had she offered you some of her rabo ensendio.
She must have really been a toothless hound dog!
Some might find that especially appealing.
Let's not even start down that road.
thank you.
actually I just didn't want to.
TWSS.  Except to Dean.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 05, 2017, 03:56:01 PM
A real WTF moment ahead of Irma:  "U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma."
Nothing quite like being left defenseless in the wake of a natural disaster. And what National Guard has not enough guns and ammo?
can you shoot a hurricane away with seized guns & ammo?  Why not try bottle rockets
and roman candles!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 03:56:54 PM
Utah hospital to police: Stay away from our nurses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/09/04/utah-hospital-bars-cops-from-contact-with-nurses-after-appalling-arrest/?utm_term=.0cba93996ad7

Remember this when they NEED a cop.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: sfish on September 05, 2017, 03:57:36 PM
A real WTF moment ahead of Irma:  "U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma."
Nothing quite like being left defenseless in the wake of a natural disaster. And what National Guard has not enough guns and ammo?
Some long haired, liberal commie pinko theif!
Never found guns to be much use against a hurricane.
They're pretty handy here.
(http://www.digitalmediatree.com/library/image/12/TX_Defenders_small.JPG)
Every letter is upper case except the "t" in Looter
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 05, 2017, 03:58:27 PM
A real WTF moment ahead of Irma:  "U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma."
Nothing quite like being left defenseless in the wake of a natural disaster. And what National Guard has not enough guns and ammo?
Some long haired, liberal commie pinko theif!
Never found guns to be much use against a hurricane.
Exactly the pinko's agenda.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 05, 2017, 03:59:58 PM
A real WTF moment ahead of Irma:  "U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma."
Nothing quite like being left defenseless in the wake of a natural disaster. And what National Guard has not enough guns and ammo?
can you shoot a hurricane away with seized guns & ammo?  Why not try bottle rockets
and roman candles!
Might put your eye out.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 04:13:53 PM
A real WTF moment ahead of Irma:  "U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma."
Nothing quite like being left defenseless in the wake of a natural disaster. And what National Guard has not enough guns and ammo?
Some long haired, liberal commie pinko theif!
Never found guns to be much use against a hurricane.
They're pretty handy here.
(http://www.digitalmediatree.com/library/image/12/TX_Defenders_small.JPG)
Texans, guns, and lite beer. what's wrong with that picture?
I didn't think Texans drank lite beer.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: sfish on September 05, 2017, 04:19:01 PM
I smoked the Hit & Run yesterday afternoon, courtesy of NJDave...thought it was outstanding
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 04:20:21 PM
A real WTF moment ahead of Irma:  "U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma."
Nothing quite like being left defenseless in the wake of a natural disaster. And what National Guard has not enough guns and ammo?
Some long haired, liberal commie pinko theif!
Never found guns to be much use against a hurricane.
They're pretty handy here.
(http://www.digitalmediatree.com/library/image/12/TX_Defenders_small.JPG)
Every letter is upper case except the "t" in Looter
Goes better with the standard issue Texas Task Force uniform, shorts and flip-flops.  That one guy with the tennis shoes needs to go home and change.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 04:57:36 PM
I smoked the Hit & Run yesterday afternoon, courtesy of NJDave...thought it was outstanding
What's that got to do with LOOtERS?

I smoked one and real good, did not find it outstanding in flavor but excellent quality.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 05:04:49 PM
Track has moved back to the south a little.

Interesting the Euro Model tracks bring it up the west coast of FL and the US Models bring it up the east coast of FL.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 05:06:30 PM
And not like we need more storms!

Tropical Depression Thirteen
...DEPRESSION FORMS IN THE SOUTHWESTERN GULF OF MEXICO... ...EXPECTED TO MOVE LITTLE OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS...
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: sfish on September 05, 2017, 05:11:26 PM
I smoked the Hit & Run yesterday afternoon, courtesy of NJDave...thought it was outstanding
What's that got to do with LOOtERS?

I smoked one and real good, did not find it outstanding in flavor but excellent quality.
Agreed, construction and burn were perfect
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 05:20:09 PM
Mi Amor Reserva and a Sam Adams Octoberfest, not bad out with the breeze
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 05:20:50 PM
I smoked the Hit & Run yesterday afternoon, courtesy of NJDave...thought it was outstanding
What's that got to do with LOOtERS?

I smoked one and real good, did not find it outstanding in flavor but excellent quality.
Agreed, construction and burn were perfect
I have another one to try.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 06:15:49 PM
A real WTF moment ahead of Irma:  "U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma."
Nothing quite like being left defenseless in the wake of a natural disaster. And what National Guard has not enough guns and ammo?
Some long haired, liberal commie pinko theif!
Never found guns to be much use against a hurricane.
They're pretty handy here.
(http://www.digitalmediatree.com/library/image/12/TX_Defenders_small.JPG)
Texans, guns, and lite beer. what's wrong with that picture?
Lite beer!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 06:16:43 PM
Utah hospital to police: Stay away from our nurses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/09/04/utah-hospital-bars-cops-from-contact-with-nurses-after-appalling-arrest/?utm_term=.0cba93996ad7

Remember this when they NEED a cop.
Well, they shouldn't be arresting the nurses for doing their job...
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 06:25:47 PM
Utah hospital to police: Stay away from our nurses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/09/04/utah-hospital-bars-cops-from-contact-with-nurses-after-appalling-arrest/?utm_term=.0cba93996ad7

Remember this when they NEED a cop.
Well, they shouldn't be arresting the nurses for doing their job...
I am with the nurses on this one unless maybe there is something we don't know
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 06:28:09 PM
I smoked the Hit & Run yesterday afternoon, courtesy of NJDave...thought it was outstanding
What's that got to do with LOOtERS?

I smoked one and real good, did not find it outstanding in flavor but excellent quality.
Agreed, construction and burn were perfect
Let me know if you would want a box...Grand Corona $69/10, Toro $82 for comparisons...
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 06:29:36 PM
Mi Amor Reserva and a Sam Adams Octoberfest, not bad out with the breeze
Going to be getting a little bumpy here in an hour or so.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 06:34:01 PM
I smoked the Hit & Run yesterday afternoon, courtesy of NJDave...thought it was outstanding
What's that got to do with LOOtERS?

I smoked one and real good, did not find it outstanding in flavor but excellent quality.
Agreed, construction and burn were perfect
Let me know if you would want a box...Grand Corona $69/10, Toro $82 for comparisons...
About $10.50/stick at the B&M here
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 06:34:55 PM
Mi Amor Reserva and a Sam Adams Octoberfest, not bad out with the breeze
Going to be getting a little bumpy here in an hour or so.
You eating cucumber and onion salad?
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 06:38:58 PM
Mi Amor Reserva and a Sam Adams Octoberfest, not bad out with the breeze
Going to be getting a little bumpy here in an hour or so.
But nothing like Irma with winds now gusting to 220 MPH.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 07:15:31 PM
LMFAO, And all this time we thought the Russians did it :o

New Clinton book blasts Sanders for 'lasting damage' in 2016 race

She said that his attacks against her during the primary caused "lasting damage" and paved the way for "(Donald) Trump's 'Crooked Hillary' campaign."

Clinton, in a book that will be released September 12 entitled "What Happened," said Sanders "had to resort to innuendo and impugning my character" because the two Democrats "agreed on so much."
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 07:22:45 PM
Longhorn channel is replaying the Maryland game, wonder how many Longhorns other than maybe Ex Longhorn Charlie Strong are watching that ;D
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 07:45:41 PM
Longhorn channel is replaying the Maryland game, wonder how many Longhorns other than maybe Ex Longhorn Charlie Strong are watching that ;D
The old "salt in the wound" strategy, I guess.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 07:58:12 PM
LMFAO, And all this time we thought the Russians did it :o

New Clinton book blasts Sanders for 'lasting damage' in 2016 race

She said that his attacks against her during the primary caused "lasting damage" and paved the way for "(Donald) Trump's 'Crooked Hillary' campaign."

Clinton, in a book that will be released September 12 entitled "What Happened," said Sanders "had to resort to innuendo and impugning my character" because the two Democrats "agreed on so much."
So none of it was her fault?
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 07:59:33 PM
Longhorn channel is replaying the Maryland game, wonder how many Longhorns other than maybe Ex Longhorn Charlie Strong are watching that ;D
The old "salt in the wound" strategy, I guess.
Well, they're better than the rest of the Big 12 with their own network, gotta fill up all that time somehow....
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 05, 2017, 08:03:22 PM
LMFAO, And all this time we thought the Russians did it :o

New Clinton book blasts Sanders for 'lasting damage' in 2016 race

She said that his attacks against her during the primary caused "lasting damage" and paved the way for "(Donald) Trump's 'Crooked Hillary' campaign."

Clinton, in a book that will be released September 12 entitled "What Happened," said Sanders "had to resort to innuendo and impugning my character" because the two Democrats "agreed on so much."
So none of it was her fault?
Of course it wasn't!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 08:06:42 PM
Mi Amor Reserva and a Sam Adams Octoberfest, not bad out with the breeze
Going to be getting a little bumpy here in an hour or so.
You eating cucumber and onion salad?
That would keep me entertained for the evening....
No, just some thunderbumpers...
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 08:13:05 PM
Mi Amor Reserva and a Sam Adams Octoberfest, not bad out with the breeze
Going to be getting a little bumpy here in an hour or so.
You eating cucumber and onion salad?
That would keep me entertained for the evening....
No, just some thunderbumpers...
I have no idea what that is and seriously doubt I want to know.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 08:20:13 PM
Longhorn channel is replaying the Maryland game, wonder how many Longhorns other than maybe Ex Longhorn Charlie Strong are watching that ;D
The old "salt in the wound" strategy, I guess.
Well, they're better than the rest of the Big 12 with their own network, gotta fill up all that time somehow....
The funny thing is there is rarely a live Longhorns game if any sport on there.  I think they only had 2 nothing football games on last year.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 08:22:26 PM
Mi Amor Reserva and a Sam Adams Octoberfest, not bad out with the breeze
Going to be getting a little bumpy here in an hour or so.
You eating cucumber and onion salad?
That would keep me entertained for the evening....
No, just some thunderbumpers...
I have no idea what that is and seriously doubt I want to know.
I don't even want to be in the same zip code as that nasty combination but it was on the menu for Deans dinner with the trailer park girls last night.  I just can't even begin to imagine........... I will not go there!
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 08:23:42 PM
LMFAO, And all this time we thought the Russians did it :o

New Clinton book blasts Sanders for 'lasting damage' in 2016 race

She said that his attacks against her during the primary caused "lasting damage" and paved the way for "(Donald) Trump's 'Crooked Hillary' campaign."

Clinton, in a book that will be released September 12 entitled "What Happened," said Sanders "had to resort to innuendo and impugning my character" because the two Democrats "agreed on so much."
So none of it was her fault?
Of course it wasn't!
I never even considered that it possibly could be
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2017, 09:24:49 PM
Mi Amor Reserva and a Sam Adams Octoberfest, not bad out with the breeze
Going to be getting a little bumpy here in an hour or so.
You eating cucumber and onion salad?
That would keep me entertained for the evening....
No, just some thunderbumpers...
I have no idea what that is and seriously doubt I want to know.
I don't even want to be in the same zip code as that nasty combination but it was on the menu for Deans dinner with the trailer park girls last night.  I just can't even begin to imagine........... I will not go there!
Most likely some sandwich or another.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2017, 09:46:45 PM
Mi Amor Reserva and a Sam Adams Octoberfest, not bad out with the breeze
Going to be getting a little bumpy here in an hour or so.
You eating cucumber and onion salad?
That would keep me entertained for the evening....
No, just some thunderbumpers...
I have no idea what that is and seriously doubt I want to know.
I don't even want to be in the same zip code as that nasty combination but it was on the menu for Deans dinner with the trailer park girls last night.  I just can't even begin to imagine........... I will not go there!
Most likely some sandwich or another.
Or another.  Sandwich.  Furrburger.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2017, 10:04:02 PM
They are pretty sure now Irma is going to hit somewhere between New Orleans and Norway,

Boy just called and places in his area  are starting to run out of water and gasoline.

Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 11:01:55 PM
11pm and long lines at all stations still open. I will try around 1am for gasoline or just stay home tomorrow.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2017, 11:02:21 PM
Where'd everyone go?
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2017, 11:04:28 PM
11pm and long lines at all stations still open. I will try around 1am for gasoline or just stay home tomorrow.
What are you still doing up?

Just got back from class myself. I've got it again Wednesday and Thursday this week to make up for missing one day during my long weekend trip to Lake George.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2017, 11:04:46 PM
I'm beat.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 11:14:07 PM
11pm and long lines at all stations still open. I will try around 1am for gasoline or just stay home tomorrow.
What are you still doing up?

Just got back from class myself. I've got it again Wednesday and Thursday this week to make up for missing one day during my long weekend trip to Lake George.
was moderator at an attitude adjustment anniversary meeting. now waiting for gasoline.
Title: Re: 9/5/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2017, 11:15:15 PM
11pm and long lines at all stations still open. I will try around 1am for gasoline or just stay home tomorrow.
What are you still doing up?

Just got back from class myself. I've got it again Wednesday and Thursday this week to make up for missing one day during my long weekend trip to Lake George.
hope you get a chance to check out a dinner cruise while there.