« Reply #285 on: March 18, 2015, 03:06:07 PM »

Afternoon Raz, was thinking about you I am smoking one of those Nica Libre's I bought by accident while drinking.
And tonight we'll read a post from you saying "having a bubble bath with the lavender chamomile bathsoap I bought by accident at Bath and Body Works".
That ain't happening this week.  Might read where I jumped off a damn bridge or something
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 3/18/2015
« Reply #286 on: March 18, 2015, 03:06:26 PM »

Afternoon, Scotchahloics
Good afternoon Steve

Hey, Shaun. Getting any projects done around the house.  ;)
Just working on that main one of trying to find a job ;)  House does look good tho, I keep it pretty clean   :D
Do you wear that maid outfit the wife bought you?
Or did Scott get that one?
You've had more than one strange inquiry today David
Then I've done my part today - hazzuh!
C ya Dave.

« Reply #287 on: March 18, 2015, 03:06:28 PM »

Afternoon Raz, was thinking about you I am smoking one of those Nica Libre's I bought by accident while drinking.
Haven't smoked one in a while, I should do that tonight. Not a bad cigar for the price.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 3/18/2015
« Reply #288 on: March 18, 2015, 03:07:37 PM »

Alright men, I'm outta here see you tomorrow
Later Scott.

« Reply #289 on: March 18, 2015, 03:10:24 PM »

Has anyone smoked the RP Nicaraguan? Got a throw-in a Famous order. Thought it was pretty good. Better than most of the 'samples' that end up in the canal.
Got one too, but haven't smoked it yet.

Howdy, Bret. Glad to hear you finally burned some ammo... What'd you think of how it cleans up?
Haven't cleaned it yet.  Too many things happening, but will get it done tonight or tomorrow.  The takedown is well thought out, though mechanically similar to how I take down the 1911. It's just that the 1911 has the collet and it breaks down into more pieces.

Going back to the range on Sunday afternoon for more practice and break-in.
Glock needs one round and it's broke in.  Easier to put back together than a 1911.
Mine was a tongue-in-cheek comment - it's me that needs to get broke in.  Glock is a different animal to learn to use, if one is accustomed to 1911s and Berettas.

The Glock is indeed easier to re-assemble.  If I have one critique, it's that the takedown mechanism can be a bugger to get hold of.
That would be the partial slide and trigger pull to initiate the process?  Agreed.

« Reply #290 on: March 18, 2015, 03:14:51 PM »

Has anyone smoked the RP Nicaraguan? Got a throw-in a Famous order. Thought it was pretty good. Better than most of the 'samples' that end up in the canal.
Afternoon Steve, I got one also but haven't smoked it yet

Hi, Scott. Did you ever end up getting anything from the CAYP site? I saw you posted a better deal than the .biz for the Rothschildes last week... $156
I never did, we're making some good financial moves including eliminating a credit card which happens to be the one I have registered everywhere so I'm taking a break until all things are finalized. Great deal though, would like to do a split at some point
TNWSS

« Reply #291 on: March 18, 2015, 03:18:38 PM »

[...]

No, I just meant pulling down on the slide lock.  But yeah, remembering to release the trigger beforehand is also a problem.  Never realized how much I rely on the visibility of a hammer to inform me what state the gun is in.  Makes me extra careful with the Glock.

« Reply #292 on: March 18, 2015, 03:21:50 PM »

[...]

Oh...I get it.  You have a New York trigger?  Don't know what that is, but the way you phrased the question made me go look to see if I'd missed something.  With the New York trigger, you have to pull the trigger during the release of the slide.  So what is a New York trigger?
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #293 on: March 18, 2015, 03:25:10 PM »

Has anyone smoked the RP Nicaraguan? Got a throw-in a Famous order. Thought it was pretty good. Better than most of the 'samples' that end up in the canal.
Same here.  actually not bad.  wonder what they would do with some age.  may pick up 5 over at the monster just to see.  usually not too expensive-even for Rockies.

I'd be willing to give 'em another try... if the price was right. I've been fooled a bit by some singles from samplers and such. Re-visited a 5 pack, and HATED them. Leaving me wonder WTF?

and a good afternoon to ya, Sam
Well it's a RP cigar so...

Well, smoke the damn thing. Don't worry about aging. Let's see if they got at least 2 rolled consistently.  ;)
I got one too and put it in the in-law drawer.
Hey TR, all the best to you with the wedding preparations.  I recommend you try the RP Nicaraguan yourself, it's your only chance, you know you're not going to buy one.  I liked the one I got as a freebie, then have bought a 5 pack (would have gotten a box but was outbid by multiple bidders).  They seem to be consistent, very well made, performs well and tastes very good.  Not a Padron Anniversary, but I enjoyed it (much more than a Nica Libre, which are pretty to look at, but are practically flavorless to me).  If you do smoke it, please post a review, even if brief.

« Reply #294 on: March 18, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »

[...]

Did not know it had that name, but yeah, pull the slide back about 1/2" and do a partial trigger pull to release the slide. Pull the trigger too little or too much and it doesn't work.  I would name this the Goldilocks trigger, you have to do it just right.

« Reply #295 on: March 18, 2015, 03:27:42 PM »

Has anyone smoked the RP Nicaraguan? Got a throw-in a Famous order. Thought it was pretty good. Better than most of the 'samples' that end up in the canal.
Afternoon Steve, I got one also but haven't smoked it yet

Hi, Scott. Did you ever end up getting anything from the CAYP site? I saw you posted a better deal than the .biz for the Rothschildes last week... $156
I never did, we're making some good financial moves including eliminating a credit card which happens to be the one I have registered everywhere so I'm taking a break until all things are finalized. Great deal though, would like to do a split at some point
TNWSS
It wouldn't have helped if I said box-split either

« Reply #296 on: March 18, 2015, 03:27:48 PM »

[...]

Not the Tony Trigger, where anything goes?  ;)

« Reply #297 on: March 18, 2015, 03:28:09 PM »

Has anyone smoked the RP Nicaraguan? Got a throw-in a Famous order. Thought it was pretty good. Better than most of the 'samples' that end up in the canal.
Afternoon Steve, I got one also but haven't smoked it yet

Hi, Scott. Did you ever end up getting anything from the CAYP site? I saw you posted a better deal than the .biz for the Rothschildes last week... $156
I never did, we're making some good financial moves including eliminating a credit card which happens to be the one I have registered everywhere so I'm taking a break until all things are finalized. Great deal though, would like to do a split at some point
TNWSS
It wouldn't have helped if I said box-split either
Haha, NOPE!

« Reply #298 on: March 18, 2015, 03:29:45 PM »

[...]

Yeah, mine doesn't require that Goldilocks pull.  Just pull the trigger, do the partial slide with the right hand and pull down the slide lock with the left.  Slide comes off.  But that slide lock needs the goldilocks treatment as well.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #299 on: March 18, 2015, 03:38:10 PM »

Afternoon gents.  Snow in the forecast for Friday.  First day of spring, sheesh.
Had a good San Miguel torp yesterday with some Tullamore Dew, while soaking up the late afternoon sunshine on the Western exposure side of our K of C with a good buddy.  Later after a dinner of corned beef and cabbage with old family friends, I headed out to our Thursday herfing spot for Guinness & other beer specials.  Had a real nice La Campina toro, followed by my first CyB lonsdale club corona, also very good.  You know Guiness used to be such a big deal, and I'd love to try one in Ireland, but we have been spoiled by some phenomenal microbrewed Porters and Stouts that make Guiness taste blah, but comparison.