Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2017, 06:42:11 PM »

There's a JR store a few miles from my house but I'd never been inside before yesterday. It's YUGE! I found myself with a few minutes to smoke and my portable humidor was empty. Prices weren't great but that's what I expected. So I bought a RyJ crafted AJ Fernandez for $8.

The first 3/4" had a very Pepinesque black pepper spice but otherwise nothing notable. After the spice was gone, I found it meh at best the whole rest of the way. Construction and draw were great but otherwise it just tasted like a cigar. And not an $8 one either.

JR Paramus, or JR Whippany, Whippany is bigger, and serves booze, and cooks stuff.
Paramus. Never been to either prior to yesterday. Hard to believe.
That's cause they it wasn't on your short list.  Evening, Mr. Mayor.
He is thinking about those Crocked thighs

« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2017, 06:43:26 PM »

My Crocked pork butt sure smells tasty.

« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2017, 07:03:38 PM »

Holy cow, church bus carrying senior folks crashed west of San Antonio and killed at least 12 people.

« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2017, 07:40:34 PM »

Needed a little more salt but pork was outstanding.

« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2017, 07:46:02 PM »

Holy cow, church bus carrying senior folks crashed west of San Antonio and killed at least 12 people.
Near Garner State Park, very west of San Antonio.  Head on with a pickup truck.  Those are some narrow, winding roads out there.  Tragic.

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2017, 07:53:17 PM »

There's a JR store a few miles from my house but I'd never been inside before yesterday. It's YUGE! I found myself with a few minutes to smoke and my portable humidor was empty. Prices weren't great but that's what I expected. So I bought a RyJ crafted AJ Fernandez for $8.

The first 3/4" had a very Pepinesque black pepper spice but otherwise nothing notable. After the spice was gone, I found it meh at best the whole rest of the way. Construction and draw were great but otherwise it just tasted like a cigar. And not an $8 one either.

JR Paramus, or JR Whippany, Whippany is bigger, and serves booze, and cooks stuff.
Paramus. Never been to either prior to yesterday. Hard to believe.
That's cause they it wasn't on your short list.  Evening, Mr. Mayor.
Crazy busy kinda day. Kids have activities and everyone's eating separately tonight. Thighs are done but will be for another night.

« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2017, 08:04:39 PM »

[...]

Yeah, TWSS.

« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2017, 08:58:43 PM »

[...]

Hahaha

« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2017, 09:07:49 PM »

That's cause they it wasn't on your short list.  Evening, Mr. Mayor.
Crazy busy kinda day. Kids have activities and everyone's eating separately tonight. Thighs are done but will be for another night.
One more left to pickup and then feed. The day is finally almost over. Sheesh.

« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2017, 09:14:49 PM »

Needed a little more salt but pork was outstanding.
There's a BBQ joint next to the hotel, so walked over there and had a BBQ bowl.  Cornbread with beans and pulled pork on top, and spicy sauce over it.  Was yummo!

« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2017, 09:23:31 PM »

That's cause they it wasn't on your short list.  Evening, Mr. Mayor.
Crazy busy kinda day. Kids have activities and everyone's eating separately tonight. Thighs are done but will be for another night.
One more left to pickup and then feed. The day is finally almost over. Sheesh.
How in the hell did you ever find time to work 5 days a week?

« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2017, 09:24:06 PM »

Needed a little more salt but pork was outstanding.
There's a BBQ joint next to the hotel, so walked over there and had a BBQ bowl.  Cornbread with beans and pulled pork on top, and spicy sauce over it.  Was yummo!
Different for sure but sounds good.

« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2017, 09:26:02 PM »

Needed a little more salt but pork was outstanding.
There's a BBQ joint next to the hotel, so walked over there and had a BBQ bowl.  Cornbread with beans and pulled pork on top, and spicy sauce over it.  Was yummo!
You go, girl!

« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2017, 09:27:28 PM »

That's cause they it wasn't on your short list.  Evening, Mr. Mayor.
Crazy busy kinda day. Kids have activities and everyone's eating separately tonight. Thighs are done but will be for another night.
One more left to pickup and then feed. The day is finally almost over. Sheesh.
How in the hell did you ever find time to work 5 days a week?
I ask myself that all the time. Even worse, there was a time I worked full-time and went to school full-time.

« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2017, 09:32:05 PM »

Needed a little more salt but pork was outstanding.
There's a BBQ joint next to the hotel, so walked over there and had a BBQ bowl.  Cornbread with beans and pulled pork on top, and spicy sauce over it.  Was yummo!
Different for sure but sounds good.
They have a version with mac & cheese instead of the beans. Maybe another time.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9