Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2022, 01:10:12 PM »

Bit of excitement at my house at about 1 this morning. Was woken up by the sound of my youngest yelling. She had her laptop plugged in next to her bed, and apparently, a metal bracelet she had sitting either on her bed or on the windowsill above her bed fell down and landed right in the space where the plug connected to the wall, shorting it out and causing a spark and a puff of smoke. Scared her something fierce. Replaced the fuse she blew and went back to sleep. Both the plug and the bracelet now sport a nice black scorch mark.
Lucky it didn't fry the laptop too.
To be honest, I'm not even sure if she checked it in the hubbub. Maybe it did.
Just went to check, and it still seems to be working fine. Though, I AM going to have to replace the outlet. Not sure if it still works or not, I'm guessing not. But it definitely has the look of an outlet that took a shock. Lol

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2022, 01:10:36 PM »

In non-wordle news, got some pork in the slow cooker for dinner tonight and the house is starting to smell fantastic.
I've got the main part of the slow cooker in the dishwasher (wonderful to have one of those again) and dreaming of what to make in it tomorrow. We didn't get home from soccer until 10 last evening and I was in no mood to prepare anything.
Chicken marsala.  Pulled pork. Goulash.
Pulled pork is our choice tonight.

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2022, 02:21:03 PM »

Hazzuh!

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2022, 02:25:13 PM »

Finishing lunch, about time for a grocery store run.
Senior discount on Wednesday (5%)  except on booze.
Oh, and it's $5 sushi Wednesday as well.  Woohoo!  Have to fight through the throng of students however.  Little Asian ladies right there turning them out so nice and fresh.  Got a spicy, crunchy albacore roll.

Really don't need to go every week.  Pretty well stocked so that I could hold out here for at least a month.   Mostly go to get the weeks milk, New York crumb cake for weekend breakfast, sushi and then whatever BOGO items that I regularly use.  For example, last week I got 10 boxes of Great Grains cereal.
Cereal is like $4.50 a box now so when BOGO I stock up.  This will hold me until the next time it's BOGO.

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2022, 03:41:49 PM »

From SBC:

Wednesday Special!
Good afternoon/evening ladies and gentlemen! Today we have one special on three categories with no minimum.

Arturo Fuente
My Father Cigars
Don Pepin

CODE: FMD = 20% off plus 5% reward points on Don Pepin, Arturo Fuente, and My Father with no minimum

the blowout code
We will now be adding and removing items apart of this code

Romeo y Julieta Reserve Toro
Romeo y Julieta Reserve Titan en Tubo
Macanudo Inspirado Brazilian Shade
Lost & Found Plume
The Voyage Toro
Case Study No.3 Salomon
CCF Manolo Quesada Belicoso
CCF Benji Mendez Robusto
Felipe Art of Power Goliath

CODE: blowout = 50% off plus 5% reward points on the items listed above for orders $100 or more

Please log in before using code

« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2022, 04:15:30 PM »

Finishing lunch, about time for a grocery store run.
Senior discount on Wednesday (5%)  except on booze.
Oh, and it's $5 sushi Wednesday as well.  Woohoo!  Have to fight through the throng of students however.  Little Asian ladies right there turning them out so nice and fresh.  Got a spicy, crunchy albacore roll.

Really don't need to go every week.  Pretty well stocked so that I could hold out here for at least a month.   Mostly go to get the weeks milk, New York crumb cake for weekend breakfast, sushi and then whatever BOGO items that I regularly use.  For example, last week I got 10 boxes of Great Grains cereal.
Cereal is like $4.50 a box now so when BOGO I stock up.  This will hold me until the next time it's BOGO.
Good deal.

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2022, 06:30:14 PM »

Another no on the Heardle today.
Haven't looked yet. That will probably not happen for a while, in fact.
Sure enough. Another, I ain't ever Heardle this song before.

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2022, 06:37:13 PM »

Early game 2 for the CLE @ NY ALDS today.
I could have sworn game 2 was today. Googled it now and they are calling for the game tomorrow evening instead. Sheesh.

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2022, 07:10:32 PM »

Early game 2 for the CLE @ NY ALDS today.
I could have sworn game 2 was today. Googled it now and they are calling for the game tomorrow evening instead. Sheesh.
Womp womp

« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2022, 07:19:02 PM »

I didn't want any spoilers so I didn't read the posts related to today's puzzle. I'm regretting that now.☹️

Wordle 480 X/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2022, 07:20:33 PM »

That played out weird.

Wordle 480 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That seems awful suspicious.
Now that I attempted it, I'm especially suspicious.

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2022, 07:53:25 PM »

That played out weird.

Wordle 480 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That seems awful suspicious.
Now that I attempted it, I'm especially suspicious.
If it makes you feel better, my cheatin' wife didn't get it today, either.

« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2022, 09:10:05 PM »

Kicking the evening off.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]