CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 10/12/2022  (Read 1716 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 10/12/2022
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2022, 11:30:10 AM »

That played out weird.

Wordle 480 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That seems awful suspicious.
Until you see how the guesses played out.
I've already made 4 guesses, and I'm stuck on coming up with a 5th. Gonna go back and take a gander at it later.
Should only be at 3 guesses, but mistakenly came up with a third word that had my one yellow in the same spot. D'oh!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2022, 11:38:24 AM »

In non-wordle news, got some pork in the slow cooker for dinner tonight and the house is starting to smell fantastic.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2022, 11:39:29 AM »

That played out weird.

Wordle 480 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Is that you, dear?
After my second guess, I was down to about 17 words.  I had one vowel incorrectly placed, and one vowel I hadn't used. I had also accounted for 7 of the top 8 most commonly appearing letters in 5-letter words.   So, I put the yellow vowel in the place it actually most commonly appears, and looked for words that had the missing vowel. 

I don't want to put any spoilers out there, but I'll say this.  The third guess was a position-play.  I was attempting to come out of it certain of the placement of two letters.  So I chose that guess for specifically that.   It just happened to be the correct word.
Well, it certainly worked in your favor.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2022, 11:40:27 AM »

Wordle 480 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟨⬛
🟨🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2022, 11:40:42 AM »

That played out weird.

Wordle 480 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Is that you, dear?
After my second guess, I was down to about 17 words.  I had one vowel incorrectly placed, and one vowel I hadn't used. I had also accounted for 7 of the top 8 most commonly appearing letters in 5-letter words.   So, I put the yellow vowel in the place it actually most commonly appears, and looked for words that had the missing vowel. 

I don't want to put any spoilers out there, but I'll say this.  The third guess was a position-play.  I was attempting to come out of it certain of the placement of two letters.  So I chose that guess for specifically that.   It just happened to be the correct word.
I pulled that post. I didn't realize you were still working on the puzzle. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2022, 11:41:00 AM »

That played out weird.

Wordle 480 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Is that you, dear?

Now that I solved it, I can see what you were trying to do there.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2022, 11:42:17 AM »

That played out weird.

Wordle 480 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Is that you, dear?

I pulled that post. I didn't realize you were still working on the puzzle.
No worries, sometimes I get too focused on making something with a certain combination, so I need to take a break from it, come back later with a more open mind. Usually works well, as it did in this case.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2022, 11:45:58 AM »

In non-wordle news, got some pork in the slow cooker for dinner tonight and the house is starting to smell fantastic.
I've got the main part of the slow cooker in the dishwasher (wonderful to have one of those again) and dreaming of what to make in it tomorrow. We didn't get home from soccer until 10 last evening and I was in no mood to prepare anything.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2022, 11:50:23 AM »

That played out weird.

Wordle 480 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Is that you, dear?

Now that I solved it, I can see what you were trying to do there.
There are about 24 words with that particular condition, but only 3 that included my incorrectly placed vowel.  So, in retrospect I had a 1-in-3 chance of guessing correctly by trying to play it that way.  And of those 3, only one had the incorrectly-placed vowel where I had resolved to put it for the third guess.  So...there you go.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2022, 12:28:11 PM »

Bit of excitement at my house at about 1 this morning. Was woken up by the sound of my youngest yelling. She had her laptop plugged in next to her bed, and apparently, a metal bracelet she had sitting either on her bed or on the windowsill above her bed fell down and landed right in the space where the plug connected to the wall, shorting it out and causing a spark and a puff of smoke. Scared her something fierce. Replaced the fuse she blew and went back to sleep. Both the plug and the bracelet now sport a nice black scorch mark.
Lucky it didn't fry the laptop too.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2022, 12:32:42 PM »

That played out weird.

Wordle 480 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That seems awful suspicious.
Must be in cahoots with Golf's wife.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2022, 12:39:56 PM »

Satisfied with 4.

Wordle 480 4/6

🟨🟨⬛⬛🟨
🟨🟩⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2022, 12:42:38 PM »

I've got the main part of the slow cooker in the dishwasher (wonderful to have one of those again) and dreaming of what to make in it tomorrow. We didn't get home from soccer until 10 last evening and I was in no mood to prepare anything.
Chicken marsala.  Pulled pork. Goulash.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2022, 12:45:09 PM »

Finishing lunch, about time for a grocery store run.
Senior discount on Wednesday (5%)  except on booze.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2022, 01:05:10 PM »

Bit of excitement at my house at about 1 this morning. Was woken up by the sound of my youngest yelling. She had her laptop plugged in next to her bed, and apparently, a metal bracelet she had sitting either on her bed or on the windowsill above her bed fell down and landed right in the space where the plug connected to the wall, shorting it out and causing a spark and a puff of smoke. Scared her something fierce. Replaced the fuse she blew and went back to sleep. Both the plug and the bracelet now sport a nice black scorch mark.
Lucky it didn't fry the laptop too.
To be honest, I'm not even sure if she checked it in the hubbub. Maybe it did.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5