CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: 6/27/2015  (Read 9868 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 6/27/2015
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2015, 09:00:07 AM »

Happy Saturday!
Morning Texas Tony
That was the 2nd time I had been to that place and it hasn't gotten any less confusing.  Food is served market style... basically cafeteria style.  Therefore you pick up meat from one counter, sides from a different counter, drinks from yet another, pay for it at another and then sit your ass down at a table.  They had a bunch of different Shiners on tap and it sounds like I didn't choose the best one.
Basic original Shiner Bock is the best and if you ever see a seasonal called FM 966 it is great but I have never seen it outside of Texas, I don't think they produce a lot of it.  They have a summer seasonal called Prickly Pear out now and it is interesting and different.  They do not do well with flavored beers as a general rule.
They did have the Prickly Pear, Shiner Bock and another (can't recall which), all on tap as well. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2015, 09:17:34 AM »

Happy Saturday!
Morning Texas Tony
That was the 2nd time I had been to that place and it hasn't gotten any less confusing.  Food is served market style... basically cafeteria style.  Therefore you pick up meat from one counter, sides from a different counter, drinks from yet another, pay for it at another and then sit your ass down at a table.  They had a bunch of different Shiners on tap and it sounds like I didn't choose the best one.
Basic original Shiner Bock is the best and if you ever see a seasonal called FM 966 it is great but I have never seen it outside of Texas, I don't think they produce a lot of it.  They have a summer seasonal called Prickly Pear out now and it is interesting and different.  They do not do well with flavored beers as a general rule.
They did have the Prickly Pear, Shiner Bock and another (can't recall which), all on tap as well.
White Wing perhaps?  It is very fruity.  Warden likes that.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2015, 09:21:14 AM »

Happy Saturday!
Morning Texas Tony
White Wing perhaps?  It is very fruity.  Warden likes that.
I couldn't tell you because it was on the other side of the bar and I didn't bother looking.  I'm curious now and wish I had.  It's about a block away from the office so I'll stop in on Monday to have a look-see.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2015, 09:27:23 AM »

Morning Chip
Good morning Dave and Native.
What sort of activities you got planned today?
Getting ready to head out for morning Ave Maria Immaculate (second?) and coffee, read the paper, go to the gym, grocery.  Supposed to be raining all afternoon, so not much.
Says Travellin Dave but reads like a Dean post.  Well maybe not, did not specify the smoke.
Fixed it

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2015, 09:29:28 AM »

Morning Chip
Getting ready to head out for morning Ave Maria Immaculate (second?) and coffee, read the paper, go to the gym, grocery.  Supposed to be raining all afternoon, so not much.
Says Travellin Dave but reads like a Dean post.  Well maybe not, did not specify the smoke.
Fixed it
LOL, if you just had not used capital letters :)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2015, 09:29:59 AM »

Happy Saturday!
Morning Texas Tony
Nope!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2015, 09:36:39 AM »

Happy Saturday!
Morning Texas Tony
Nope!
We had some Shiner Bock at the rehearsal dinner in SC just to add a touch of Texas and ran out of it quick.  Never dreamed it would be that popular.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2015, 09:37:58 AM »

Morning Chip
Fixed it
It was a valiant attempt.  Not nearly as good as dawgbryant.  :)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2015, 09:50:59 AM »

Morning Chip
Fixed it
DawgB is in another league from DeanB though. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2015, 09:57:04 AM »

Morning Chip
Fixed it
DawgB is in another league from DeanB though.
Also true.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2015, 09:59:19 AM »

Today's joecigar deal is a decent one.  I'm almost tempted.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2015, 10:04:05 AM »

I am overstocked on cigars after yesterday's barrage of boxes but I too thought that was a pretty good deal.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2015, 10:05:36 AM »

Morning Chip
Fixed it
Don't want to be too perfect, otherwise you might confuse me with little Dean.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2015, 10:06:26 AM »

I am overstocked on cigars after yesterday's barrage of boxes but I too thought that was a pretty good deal.
What's one more Tupperdore amongst friends?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2015, 10:06:28 AM »

Well boys, it's probably time that I start getting a move on.  I'll check back in a little later.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7