Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2023, 09:50:38 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 6
Raz Over/Under is 11

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2023, 09:52:41 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 6
Raz Over/Under is 11
A mere 3.

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2023, 09:58:00 AM »

Page 3 it is!

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2023, 09:58:38 AM »

And...

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2023, 09:59:15 AM »

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2023, 10:40:32 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 6
Raz Over/Under is 11
A mere 3.
And you ground the banter to a screeching halt.

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2023, 10:51:59 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 6
Raz Over/Under is 11
A mere 3.
And you ground the banter to a screeching halt.
I can only do so much.

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2023, 11:20:15 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 6
Raz Over/Under is 11
Five.

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2023, 01:22:29 PM »

Lunch lull

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2023, 01:22:44 PM »

Today's Over/Under is 6
Raz Over/Under is 11
Nah, only eight.

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2023, 01:30:05 PM »

Robin Weigert is a handsome woman that specializes in playing charming and heroic but decidedly unattractive characters such as Calamity Jane in "Deadwood." I think she deserved a callout on page three.

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2023, 01:46:46 PM »

Robin Weigert is a handsome woman that specializes in playing charming and heroic but decidedly unattractive characters such as Calamity Jane in "Deadwood." I think she deserved a callout on page three.

She was actually one I thought I might've recognized the name but couldn't place the face, so I looked her up afterwards. Nada.

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2023, 01:52:11 PM »

Wanna hear what original music sounds like as it is created? I don't let most people hear vocal demos, other than my wife and sons and the band. Vocal demos are just composition work. They don't have all the instruments. But you guys are my friends, so maybe you'll find some entertainment in this. You can all make fun of me.

But I kinda like what this song is becoming.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap1itbYdlfU1goJkJuiuz1R3PFCIhg
I'm very impressed. I hope you will take this as a compliment... It sounds very Don Henleyesque.
That's a compliment. Henley is a very good singer, and a hell of a songwriter when he puts his mind to it. And I confess that I stole the octave shift with the keening ad library in the second verse from him.

Sharing my work like this with friends is an enforced survival tactic for me. Like most songwriters, I am throughly convinced that my voice and lyrics are an embarrassing pile of utter shit. But if I don't let others hear it, I can't get better.

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2023, 01:53:25 PM »

[...]

I feel like this is a quality most good artists share, feeling that their work is terrible. Not just songwriters, but actors, artists, writers, etc.

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2023, 02:03:28 PM »

Robin Weigert is a handsome woman that specializes in playing charming and heroic but decidedly unattractive characters such as Calamity Jane in "Deadwood." I think she deserved a callout on page three.

She was actually one I thought I might've recognized the name but couldn't place the face, so I looked her up afterwards. Nada.
She's most famous for "Deadwood," and about anyone who watched that and then saw this picture would say, "That's her? Are you kidding me??"

It's likely that my perception of her is enhanced by the fact that she slightly resembles my late mother as a younger woman.

My mom, graduation portrait 1964.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4