Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2023, 02:16:42 PM »

Robin Weigert is a handsome woman that specializes in playing charming and heroic but decidedly unattractive characters such as Calamity Jane in "Deadwood." I think she deserved a callout on page three.

She was actually one I thought I might've recognized the name but couldn't place the face, so I looked her up afterwards. Nada.
She's most famous for "Deadwood," and about anyone who watched that and then saw this picture would say, "That's her? Are you kidding me??"

It's also likely that my perception of her is enhanced by the fact that she slightly resembles my late mother as a younger woman.

My mom, graduation portrait 1964.
Oh yeah, I can definitely see that.

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2023, 02:26:30 PM »

Wanna hear what original music sounds like as it is created? I don't let most people hear vocal demos, other than my wife and sons and the band. Vocal demos are just composition work. They don't have all the instruments. But you guys are my friends, so maybe you'll find some entertainment in this. You can all make fun of me.

But I kinda like what this song is becoming.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap1itbYdlfU1goJkJuiuz1R3PFCIhg
I'm very impressed. I hope you will take this as a compliment... It sounds very Don Henleyesque.
That's a compliment. Henley is a very good singer, and a hell of a songwriter when he puts his mind to it. And I confess that I stole the octave shift with the keening ad library in the second verse from him.

Sharing my work like this with friends is an enforced survival tactic for me. Like most songwriters, I am throughly convinced that my voice and lyrics are an embarrassing pile of utter shit. But if I don't let others hear it, I can't get better.
I feel like this is a quality most good artists share, feeling that their work is terrible. Not just songwriters, but actors, artists, writers, etc.
Some artists seem to understand that they have a talent that exceeds others. I am not one of those  People have been telling me they like my songs since I was in high school, but no one ever bought one, y'know? That's my reality check. ;-)

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2023, 04:42:28 PM »

[...]

Stole? I'm sure that's not original to him either. You are too hard on yourself. Historically, I have not liked many songs when I heard them for the first time. Your song I was enjoying very much and the lyrics were good.
Logged

Short stack

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2023, 04:56:42 PM »

[...]

Now that I am into the 80 years, i have dvds and cds of course they are not new but the music includes stones ,Delbert mclinton,a lot of older musicians but good music in my younger years.I will gladly ship to any one who wants them for free lots of good movies, I will pay shipping no cost to any one that would want them

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2023, 07:27:06 PM »

[...]

I kinda fell asleep and am only seeing this now. Great to see you on here, Short Stack. Congrats on what appears to be a recent birthday? Don't give away your collection. May you enjoy it in good health for 80+ more years!
Logged

Short stack

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2023, 08:00:14 PM »

[...]

Thanks for your kind thoughts,My wife and I don’t have children so we need to try to start placing things  so someone can maybe receive some benefit from our good life,which we are glad to share with others , we have been blessed.

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2023, 08:48:03 PM »

Cheers to great blessings.

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2023, 09:14:02 PM »

SD Peccadilloes

« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2023, 09:26:37 PM »

« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2023, 10:16:52 PM »

SD Peccadilloes

Hey Sandals
Flip flops are a staple this time of year.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]