CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: 1/28/2015  (Read 36560 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2015, 12:25:20 PM »

Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
STEVE!

Shaun! How goes it in the great white north... lemme guess, fukin cold. Actually, pretty damn chilly here the past few days. Back up near the 60's by tomorrow. Yay!
No complaints lately - no snow on the ground and only used the snowblower for 10-15min all winter :)  Should be getting cold here in a few days, couldn't last forever ;)  How have you been?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2015, 12:26:12 PM »

Oh my God, look what the cat dragged in.

Hey, I smoked a Camacho a week or so ago that was a gift from you, I think.  Muchas gracias, hermano.

Hey, Bret. Can't take the credit for that one. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it though.

I hope everything is healing up well for you.
Huh, thought it was you.  My memory is shot.  Well, it was a great little cigar.

More physical therapy today.

It's all good. I do enjoy the Camacho's myself, and would have gladly shared.  ;)

Have you been playing any on your down time?
Some.  Mostly writing.  Getting together with the band this weekend at the lake house.

My 14-year-old son decided to avail himself of my guitars while I was laid up.  Kid's been playing piano since he was 7, drums since he was 9, baritone sax since he was 11.  But he'd never been interested in my guitars.  Then he runs across a video on YouTube of Paul McCartney playing "Blackbird".  He grabs one of my acoustic guitars, and goes after it.  Took him two days - Two fuckin' days  - and he had the song down.  Took me months to get functional on a guitar when I was 13.  Took him two days.  Now, a good guitarist will tell you it's not that complicated a piece.  It's not as tricky to play as, say, SRV's "Pride and Joy."  But to start from nuthin', not even "Stairway to Heaven" and go right to "Blackbird"?  Fuhgeddaboudit.

How come our kids get more talent than we do?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2015, 12:31:46 PM »

STEVE!

Shaun! How goes it in the great white north... lemme guess, fukin cold. Actually, pretty damn chilly here the past few days. Back up near the 60's by tomorrow. Yay!
No complaints lately - no snow on the ground and only used the snowblower for 10-15min all winter :)  Should be getting cold here in a few days, couldn't last forever ;)  How have you been?

Feel like I've been caught in a tornado the past couple months, but finally feels like I can take a breath... Just hope it lasts a minute or two.

You still filling up that humi with Pete's Johnson?  ;)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2015, 12:37:53 PM »

Homecoming?  Glad you could stop in Steve.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2015, 12:41:02 PM »

Oh my God, look what the cat dragged in.

Hey, I smoked a Camacho a week or so ago that was a gift from you, I think.  Muchas gracias, hermano.

Hey, Bret. Can't take the credit for that one. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it though.

I hope everything is healing up well for you.
Huh, thought it was you.  My memory is shot.  Well, it was a great little cigar.

More physical therapy today.

It's all good. I do enjoy the Camacho's myself, and would have gladly shared.  ;)

Have you been playing any on your down time?
Some.  Mostly writing.  Getting together with the band this weekend at the lake house.

My 14-year-old son decided to avail himself of my guitars while I was laid up.  Kid's been playing piano since he was 7, drums since he was 9, baritone sax since he was 11.  But he'd never been interested in my guitars.  Then he runs across a video on YouTube of Paul McCartney playing "Blackbird".  He grabs one of my acoustic guitars, and goes after it.  Took him two days - Two fuckin' days  - and he had the song down.  Took me months to get functional on a guitar when I was 13.  Took him two days.  Now, a good guitarist will tell you it's not that complicated a piece.  It's not as tricky to play as, say, SRV's "Pride and Joy."  But to start from nuthin', not even "Stairway to Heaven" and go right to "Blackbird"?  Fuhgeddaboudit.

Ha. I thought this story was going in the direction of "he picked up my most expensive guitar". Sounds like the boy has a good ear. Once he gets the chord shapes down, it's just a matter of picking the notes out.

Great song! Love playing those plucky melodies on acoustic.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2015, 12:44:43 PM »

Homecoming?  Glad you could stop in Steve.

Hey, Dave. Hear you're gonna be in Athens enjoying the local cigar shop you joined. Heh.

What's the name, btw?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2015, 12:59:50 PM »

STEVE!

Feel like I've been caught in a tornado the past couple months, but finally feels like I can take a breath... Just hope it lasts a minute or two.

I will get to see his older brother in 7 days, already have a countdown calendar made ;)  Pete's Johnson, My Fathers, Cubans, etc :)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2015, 01:04:57 PM »

STEVE!

I will get to see his older brother in 7 days, already have a countdown calendar made ;)  Pete's Johnson, My Fathers, Cubans, etc :)

Stalker!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2015, 01:06:39 PM »

I've got to hear that now.  Love that tune.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2015, 01:07:08 PM »

STEVE!

Had a CG Black this past Sunday... great as always. My last jar though.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2015, 01:08:38 PM »

STEVE!

Famous had them for $130 a few weeks back - couldn't resist.  That was my last one tho, I swear!  ;)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2015, 01:13:20 PM »

I'm on my third version of it.  Help, I'm in a youtube rabbit hole!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2015, 01:13:44 PM »

STEVE!

Famous had them for $130 a few weeks back - couldn't resist.  That was my last one tho, I swear!  ;)

Ha. Nice. $130 w/catsrule?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2015, 01:22:04 PM »

STEVE!

Ha. Nice. $130 w/catsrule?

They look to be out of stock there anyway. Found some at the biz earlier, but they were 160 with their discount.
I'll keep window shopping for awhile. May pick up a box of Skull Breakers.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2015, 01:30:15 PM »

I'm on my third version of it.  Help, I'm in a youtube rabbit hole!
OK, I got my fill for now.  Must have heard 7 versions.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17