ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/2/2015
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2015, 12:09:32 PM »

My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
years ago we usd to buy just the blades.  1 single blade (had 2 edges 1 for either side of the razor) and they were inexpensive.  you had to be sure you removed the old blade when you changed them or you might experience the old "bacon slicer" effect on your face, but they were cheap and you bought 1 razor.  no wonder they're $13 for 3, they must have 5 or 6 blades in them plus soap or something to keep it from "irritating" your face....
Happy New Years all!

« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2015, 12:11:29 PM »

My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
Yea, it's called a beard.
Or you could always get a straight edge.   $250 bucks plus..... http://www.classicshaving.com/razors/straight-razors.html  Heck they even have dedicated shops at the mall.

« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2015, 12:11:35 PM »

My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
years ago we usd to buy just the blades.  1 single blade (had 2 edges 1 for either side of the razor) and they were inexpensive.  you had to be sure you removed the old blade when you changed them or you might experience the old "bacon slicer" effect on your face, but they were cheap and you bought 1 razor.  no wonder they're $13 for 3, they must have 5 or 6 blades in them plus soap or something to keep it from "irritating" your face....
Happy New Years all!
Those bastards are so spendy - hate that. Join that Dollar Shave Club thingy they have!

« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2015, 12:12:12 PM »

I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/2/2015
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2015, 12:12:27 PM »

My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
Yea, it's called a beard.
The last time I grew a beard was to see if there was any gray in it.  It turned out that I looked like Santa Clause...  I even thought about going to Santa College.

« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2015, 12:12:32 PM »

Happy New Year Sam!

« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2015, 12:13:53 PM »

My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
Yea, it's called a beard.
The last time I grew a beard was to see if there was any gray in it.  It turned out that I looked like Santa Clause...  I even thought about going to Santa College.
Not a bad idea.....get a few extra bucks around the holidays, do an office party or two and you never know who you'll get to sit on your lap....

« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2015, 12:18:50 PM »

I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
Those are the way to go - I am tempted to get one of them and the whole setup...foam, fancy brush, after shave, etc :)
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/2/2015
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2015, 12:21:17 PM »

My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
Yea, it's called a beard.
Or you could always get a straight edge.   $250 bucks plus..... http://www.classicshaving.com/razors/straight-razors.html  Heck they even have dedicated shops at the mall.
Those darn straight razors are scary looking.  I've often thought about it, but I doubt that I'd get one.  I do believe I have my fathers old straight razor, but I'm not sure I could work the nerve up to use it.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/2/2015
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2015, 12:23:17 PM »

[...]
I keep seeing that Pawn Star guy selling cheep razors on TV.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/2/2015
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2015, 12:25:01 PM »

I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I'm looking into stuff like that. Thanks.

« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2015, 12:26:05 PM »

Good morning to all of you offensive people... :)
I'm offended.  Wazzup BD.
Hello Mike...  I'm just having a late bowl of Tony Tiger, and trying to build my strength up for babysitting tonight..
When son Tim was a little boy, he liked his "bode of Tony's".  Need your strength to keep up with those young'uns.

« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2015, 12:27:36 PM »

[...]
Grow a beard.  Just sayin'...
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/2/2015
« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2015, 12:28:24 PM »

My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
Yea, it's called a beard.
The last time I grew a beard was to see if there was any gray in it.  It turned out that I looked like Santa Clause...  I even thought about going to Santa College.
Not a bad idea.....get a few extra bucks around the holidays, do an office party or two and you never know who you'll get to sit on your lap....
Hey, now your starting to think a little like me..  Do a little ho, ho, ho'ing..!

« Reply #134 on: January 02, 2015, 12:32:40 PM »

I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
Those are the way to go - I am tempted to get one of them and the whole setup...foam, fancy brush, after shave, etc :)
I've got the shaving mug and the brush. It really does make you like 30% more manly.