CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: 9/23/2014  (Read 56995 times)

sfish

Re: 9/23/2014
« Reply #270 on: September 23, 2014, 12:57:45 PM »

can anyone find me a deal on a mild morning cigar?

yes

CB taught you well Grasshopper.

I generally think cheap, mild $1-$2 cigars taste like cheap, crap cigars.  Can't be of much help at this specific point in time but some milder cigars I've gotten on sale lately, or as part of closeouts, have been old label Camacho connecticuts, Fuente Chateau Fuente naturals... also look for EPC NWCs on the Jam and load up when they surface.  They're up regularly enough that I'm sure an email/phone call could get you Jam pricing. 

thanks Joe.
I need to stock up on Camacho connies, AF Chateau's, and New Waves, plus a few others. just all filled up with med-full at the present.

but wanted to keep the banter geared towards cigar conversations. ha.

As opposed to your landlady's chest... we are easily distracted. guys/boobs

still trying to get over that bust in my mouth yesterday. really wish I could have taken advantage of the situation.
Next time give her the ol' Marv Albert treatment

sfish

« Reply #271 on: September 23, 2014, 01:01:46 PM »

yes

I generally think cheap, mild $1-$2 cigars taste like cheap, crap cigars.  Can't be of much help at this specific point in time but some milder cigars I've gotten on sale lately, or as part of closeouts, have been old label Camacho connecticuts, Fuente Chateau Fuente naturals... also look for EPC NWCs on the Jam and load up when they surface.  They're up regularly enough that I'm sure an email/phone call could get you Jam pricing. 

thanks Joe.
I need to stock up on Camacho connies, AF Chateau's, and New Waves, plus a few others. just all filled up with med-full at the present.

I've definitely been favoring milder cigars recently.  MF Connies are nice but not exactly cheap.  Other milder bodied cigars I've liked (though not necessarily good 'morning cigars' since they tend to be fuller flavored) are Illusione Rothchildes, CyBs, and the Tat Black we've been talking about.  Or ISOKWs.  I don't think anything pairs better with coffee in the morning than a Partagas Short or Ramon Allones SS or any ISOKW.  Not the cheapest cigars ever but also not horrible.

Lot of positive comments on the CLE connie, but once again not really 'cheap'.
CLE Connie Robustos at Famous 5/$19.95 - 15/$50 after coupon

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #272 on: September 23, 2014, 01:07:10 PM »

yes

thanks Joe.

I've definitely been favoring milder cigars recently.  MF Connies are nice but not exactly cheap.  Other milder bodied cigars I've liked (though not necessarily good 'morning cigars' since they tend to be fuller flavored) are Illusione Rothchildes, CyBs, and the Tat Black we've been talking about.  Or ISOKWs.  I don't think anything pairs better with coffee in the morning than a Partagas Short or Ramon Allones SS or any ISOKW.  Not the cheapest cigars ever but also not horrible.

Those are some good options, Fish. I was trying to go more of the Oy price range...

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cusano+m1+robusto+cigars/item+22711

sfish

« Reply #273 on: September 23, 2014, 01:14:18 PM »

yes

thanks Joe.

Those are some good options, Fish. I was trying to go more of the Oy price range...

Geez, may as well have the guy smoke a dried chicken bone

dwgbryant

« Reply #274 on: September 23, 2014, 01:14:44 PM »

yes

thanks Joe.

quit with the "cheap'!
I asked for DEALS.
ha. by the end of the month I'll have about $3,000 to play with.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #275 on: September 23, 2014, 01:17:57 PM »

yes

thanks Joe.

5V Gold
5V Gold Maddy
Alec Bradley 97 Harvest or Habano(used to be my go-to)
Erin Go Brah
Maybe some seconds or overruns?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #276 on: September 23, 2014, 01:19:13 PM »

yes

thanks Joe.

quit with the "cheap'!
I asked for DEALS.

lol. What, you don't like dried chicken bones.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #277 on: September 23, 2014, 01:20:05 PM »

yes

thanks Joe.

5V Gold
5V Gold Maddy
Erin Go Brah

Gross.  Just smoke a Marlboro instead if you're stooping to 5 Vegas Golds.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #278 on: September 23, 2014, 01:20:13 PM »

Just got a Famous Clearance email, some good stuff there but the kicker is Tat Black CG Jars on sale and after catsrule $121.97 shipped

Wow, crazy how cheap those can be had. Morning, Scott.
Dont have email yet could someone post the link please, might have to do that if Lori will allow me.
http://www.famous-smoke.com/sale/cigars-sale/

Or:

http://www.famous-smoke.com/tatuaje+black+corona+gorda+cigars/item+41873
If there's one thing we do well, it's enablin'

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #279 on: September 23, 2014, 01:21:38 PM »

yes

thanks Joe.

5V Gold
5V Gold Maddy
Erin Go Brah

That's absolutely not true, haha...I am not "in" with the $1-2 cigar range...CBid might not be a bad place for some good budget smokes.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #280 on: September 23, 2014, 01:21:55 PM »

Just got a Famous Clearance email, some good stuff there but the kicker is Tat Black CG Jars on sale and after catsrule $121.97 shipped

Dont have email yet could someone post the link please, might have to do that if Lori will allow me.

Or:

Fuckin right!  We do it, and we do it RIGHT!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #281 on: September 23, 2014, 01:22:12 PM »

Or:

Ain't that the truth... only 14 deals left!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2014, 01:22:32 PM »

yes

thanks Joe.

quit with the "cheap'!
I asked for DEALS.

Well, I think I'd go with EPC NWCs, then.  I think they're much better than anything else you'll find in that price range, and I'd certainly rather spend the extra buck per stick (Jam pricing) over anything I can think of that goes for $1-$2. 

$3,000/$3 each = 1,000 EPC NWCs.  2.74 years of morning cigars if you have one every day.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #283 on: September 23, 2014, 01:23:09 PM »

yes

thanks Joe.

5V Gold
5V Gold Maddy
Erin Go Brah

Really!  I would definitely go the dried chicken bones over the 5 Vegas anything

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2014, 01:25:14 PM »

yes

thanks Joe.

5V Gold
5V Gold Maddy
Erin Go Brah

Really!  I would definitely go the dried chicken bones over the 5 Vegas anything
The old Miamis were great, when Pepin made em...the AAA is super solid, the A is decent
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28