CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: 9/17/2014  (Read 42947 times)

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
Re: 9/17/2014
« Reply #180 on: September 17, 2014, 01:02:24 PM »

Heaven forbid anyone looking at someone's actual work and saying" Gee, you're doing so well, here's a promotion".  good day all.
Well this operation figured out how to fuk that seemingly sensible system up a long time ago.  For Example: (true story)  you got an engineer been around 15 years and is a good dependable employee, extremely intelligent and an outstanding widget engineer.  But he is about 2/3 crazy and can't get along with anybody and everybody knows his personality profile precludes ever putting him in charge of people so what do they do - take him away from the technical field where he was doing a great job and put him supervising 8 people.  How did that work out - well a couple of years of hell raising by his employees (1 retired and 1 quit) finally turned into a near coup.  so how did that end up - created a new higher pay position not as a supervisor then promoted him to it.
Almost sounds as if he were related to some one higher up.  same thing happened for 20 years at the last company I worked for with the owners brother.  they actually created positions for him and he failed miserably at them all.  I almost got fired for suggesting we pay him just to stay home if he had to be on the payroll.  it would have saved the company thousands of dollars a year in wrong material and pissed off customers.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #181 on: September 17, 2014, 01:03:56 PM »

Ok, off to the 7-11 to pick up a sandwich.
I think you should survey some of your peers to figure out what sandwich you should buy. It's called diversity in choosing a sandwich.
Actually ran into somebody at the elevator wanting some bbq so could not resist that temptation.
Damn, now I want bbq too...!!!  And a donut..!
bbq flavored doughnut?  I mean they seem to have every other type of doughnut available, why not?

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #182 on: September 17, 2014, 01:05:10 PM »

I think you should survey some of your peers to figure out what sandwich you should buy. It's called diversity in choosing a sandwich.
Actually ran into somebody at the elevator wanting some bbq so could not resist that temptation.
You can go over to Pappy's and get in line so as to get served around dinner time.  Never found any great donuts around your area.
We have a near by Krispy Kreme which is pretty addictive.  Yesterday I had to buy my wife a Little Caesars Pretzel Pizza.  Cardboard crust, cheeze wizz, pepperoni, with a brown edge and salt on it.  Thank goodness it only cost $6.00.  I think the pizza box would have tasted better.  Hey Honey, "eat this donut, will ya..!"

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #183 on: September 17, 2014, 01:05:25 PM »

bbq flavored doughnut?  I mean they seem to have every other type of doughnut available, why not?
Don't tell Tony but they got bacon flavored ones now.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #184 on: September 17, 2014, 01:06:45 PM »

Heaven forbid anyone looking at someone's actual work and saying" Gee, you're doing so well, here's a promotion".  good day all.
Well this operation figured out how to fuk that seemingly sensible system up a long time ago.  For Example: (true story)  you got an engineer been around 15 years and is a good dependable employee, extremely intelligent and an outstanding widget engineer.  But he is about 2/3 crazy and can't get along with anybody and everybody knows his personality profile precludes ever putting him in charge of people so what do they do - take him away from the technical field where he was doing a great job and put him supervising 8 people.  How did that work out - well a couple of years of hell raising by his employees (1 retired and 1 quit) finally turned into a near coup.  so how did that end up - created a new higher pay position not as a supervisor then promoted him to it.
Sounds like he worked that deal just right for himself!  (never mind about the collateral damage)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2014, 01:07:49 PM »

You can go over to Pappy's and get in line so as to get served around dinner time.  Never found any great donuts around your area.
We have a near by Krispy Kreme which is pretty addictive.  Yesterday I had to buy my wife a Little Caesars Pretzel Pizza.  Cardboard crust, cheeze wizz, pepperoni, with a brown edge and salt on it.  Thank goodness it only cost $6.00.  I think the pizza box would have tasted better.  Hey Honey, "eat this donut, will ya..!"
OH yeah Krispy Kreme is AOK just never noticed one in STL area.  They  got an outfit around up there called Daylight Donuts which is about the worst crap for a donut I have ever tried to eat.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2014, 01:08:33 PM »

Sounds like he worked that deal just right for himself!  (never mind about the collateral damage)
Fuck Up and Move Up

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2014, 01:09:08 PM »

What's with the utopia talk?  Howdy, Sam.
Banter Utopia courtesy of the Baron of Bergen.
What's the good word, Oxford Mike?
Touch of fall weather here. Been enjoying some Brickhouse seegars lately.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2014, 01:10:09 PM »

We had a hateful woman that couldn't get along with any of the other workers, and they promoted her just to get her out of our office.  We also had a guy that would go into the bosses office and cry his eyes out whenever anyone other than he got promoted.  After about a year, they couldn't take it any longer and promoted him just to get him to stop crying...  UGH..!!!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2014, 01:10:41 PM »

Just saw that FSU pulled Jameis Winston from the first half of the Clemson game due to standing on a table and publically shouting "I'm going to f*ck her in her pussy".  Apparently a reference to some meme or something....

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #190 on: September 17, 2014, 01:11:34 PM »

OH yeah Krispy Kreme is AOK just never noticed one in STL area.  They  got an outfit around up there called Daylight Donuts which is about the worst crap for a donut I have ever tried to eat.
we have Krispy Kreme AND Duncan Donuts here.  actually both are pretty good.  even the local WAWAs have their own baked donuts and related items.  so it's no wonder we're all 50 lbs over weight in this area...

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #191 on: September 17, 2014, 01:14:58 PM »

What's with the utopia talk?  Howdy, Sam.
Banter Utopia courtesy of the Baron of Bergen.
What's the good word, Oxford Mike?
Touch of fall weather here. Been enjoying some Brickhouse seegars lately.
Nice!  Like me some Brickhouse.  have a few resting for another couple of months.  been all over the charts in my stogie selection.  som MOW's, 5V Miamis, La Perla purplr label Morados to name a few.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #192 on: September 17, 2014, 01:21:50 PM »

Time for me to go and babysit this afternoon.  Later everyone...!

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #193 on: September 17, 2014, 01:25:55 PM »

Just saw that FSU pulled Jameis Winston from the first half of the Clemson game due to standing on a table and publically shouting "I'm going to f*ck her in her pussy".  Apparently a reference to some meme or something....
well, at least he got the right spot. 

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2014, 01:26:20 PM »

Time for me to go and babysit this afternoon.  Later everyone...!
Later BD!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21