CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: 9/17/2014  (Read 42943 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 9/17/2014
« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2014, 11:44:46 AM »

So layoffs are expected to be announced this week and we just got emailed the promotions list instead.  Normally I would say that's a great thing but I think they are going to be tacky and lay a bunch of folks off anyway.  I only recognized two names and I recently worked with both of them on a project.  Well, actually they did very little.  Therefore I'm not surprised they got promoted.  But I'm not bitter, really.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »

So layoffs are expected to be announced this week and we just got emailed the promotions list instead.  Normally I would say that's a great thing but I think they are going to be tacky and lay a bunch of folks off anyway.  I only recognized two names and I recently worked with both of them on a project.  Well, actually they did very little.  Therefore I'm not surprised they got promoted.  But I'm not bitter, really.
Cut half and promote the other half for figuring out how to reduce overhead?   - that is usually the way it works in the 21st century.
Is there a possibility you are on the other list?

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2014, 11:49:32 AM »

Good morning Mouseketeers.....
Wassssap BD!
Hello Shaun, TR, and Tony...  I'm just finishing up the breakfast dishes...  Normally my wife never knows what she wants to eat, but boy was I lucky.  She knew exactly what she wanted.  Fried potatoes with cheese and sour cream, eggs over easy, toast and orange juice.  There nothing like getting up at 8 a.m. to peal potatoes...
Does she give you an apron with "My Bitch" embroidered on it, for you to wear?
And he had to embroider it himself, too.
I'm just jealous because I had to iron on my letters.
I have no idea how to embroider, but I did learn how to sew a little in the Army.  Sewing on patches, strips, and name tags.  So one time when we were naturally low on cash,  we were talking about how expensive lingerie was.  Then we got the idea to go to GoodWill, buy some cheap clothes for my wife and convert them into lingerie.  We bought some cheap jeans for my wife, and I cut them off, and I sewed some lace on the legs, sort of making them Daisy Duke Shorts.  I think the total cost was about $3.00.  They turned out rather nice.
I would have saved the $3 and the aggravation and settled for naked.  Probably just me though.
This is more of a beer wench outfit for entertaining.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2014, 11:49:49 AM »

Wassssap BD!
Hello Shaun, TR, and Tony...  I'm just finishing up the breakfast dishes...  Normally my wife never knows what she wants to eat, but boy was I lucky.  She knew exactly what she wanted.  Fried potatoes with cheese and sour cream, eggs over easy, toast and orange juice.  There nothing like getting up at 8 a.m. to peal potatoes...
I have no idea how to embroider, but I did learn how to sew a little in the Army.  Sewing on patches, strips, and name tags.  So one time when we were naturally low on cash,  we were talking about how expensive lingerie was.  Then we got the idea to go to GoodWill, buy some cheap clothes for my wife and convert them into lingerie.  We bought some cheap jeans for my wife, and I cut them off, and I sewed some lace on the legs, sort of making them Daisy Duke Shorts.  I think the total cost was about $3.00.  They turned out rather nice.
I would have saved the $3 and the aggravation and settled for naked.  Probably just me though.
Bullshit you would have spent the $3 on donuts.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2014, 11:50:45 AM »

Cut half and promote the other half for figuring out how to reduce overhead?   - that is usually the way it works in the 21st century.
Funny you mention that.  Most of the promotions went to the lawyers.  Anyhoo, who the fuck knows what list I'm on?  I'll just wait (banter) and see.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2014, 11:51:10 AM »

Wassssap BD!
Indeed.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »

I keep trying to get my wife to go for the assistance manager position, but she says she doesn't know how to do the job.  I asked her if the last 5 assistance managers knew what they were doing...?  She said, "no." So I asked, "then what seems to be the problem...?"

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2014, 11:53:13 AM »

Wassssap BD!
Yes.  And it would have been money well spent.  Hmmm, gonna have to figure out something for lunch soon.  Donuts?  I'm not an animal, I meant as a dessert.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2014, 11:53:24 AM »

Funny you mention that.  Most of the promotions went to the lawyers.  Anyhoo, who the fuck knows what list I'm on?  I'll just wait (banter) and see.
About all you can do, hope you come out ok.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2014, 11:54:20 AM »

Wassssap BD!
Yes.  And it would have been money well spent.  Hmmm, gonna have to figure out something for lunch soon.  Donuts?  I'm not an animal, I meant as a dessert.
Thinking in terms of lunch myself.  7-11 sandwich at my desk is probably the choice today.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2014, 11:54:26 AM »

Wassssap BD!
I don't think she could wear a donut...?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2014, 11:55:29 AM »

Wassssap BD!
I don't think she could wear a donut...?
Oh, now that IS sexy!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2014, 11:56:05 AM »

I keep trying to get my wife to go for the assistance manager position, but she says she doesn't know how to do the job.  I asked her if the last 5 assistance managers knew what they were doing...?  She said, "no." So I asked, "then what seems to be the problem...?"
Around here not knowing shit about what we do or why we do it  are the first two qualifications for promotions.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2014, 11:57:48 AM »

Around here not knowing shit about what we do or why we do it  are the first two qualifications for promotions.
Commies!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2014, 11:59:17 AM »

Commies!
Where did you come from all of a sudden?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21