CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: 12/11/2016  (Read 6035 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 12/11/2016
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2016, 02:16:59 PM »

71 degrees and mostly sunny here now. :)

sfish

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2016, 02:37:22 PM »

Cleaned out my home office and been doing some retirement tub organizing.

Free Tip:  if you ever decide to amass a large collection of cigars do not buy anything but boxes.
I hear ya there, contemplating building some trays for my tub to be able to access everything in there. Too difficult to get to it all 

Threebean

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2016, 02:47:21 PM »

Free Tip:  if you ever decide to amass a large collection of cigars do not buy anything but boxes.
I hear ya there, contemplating building some trays for my tub to be able to access everything in there. Too difficult to get to it all
Purchase some cedar cigar trays.  $14 ea, or a handy guy like you might build some out of an old barn door.
Purchase some vinyl coated wire shelves and cut them up into small stands to put between the trays as you stack them in the coolerador.
Add gel, beads, or whatever for humidification and a digital temp/RH hygrometer, good to go. 
Depending on your cooler you'll still have room to fit a box or two at one end. 
I have two set up this way, holds the RH rock solid, easy access to all the singles. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2016, 02:47:29 PM »

71 degrees and mostly sunny here now. :)
Ready for the snow. Took down anything that would get ruined, put the cushion covers in the wash, closed the tray tables, put the seats in the upright and locked position and am ready to fly.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2016, 02:47:56 PM »

Hey Rick, if you're lurking... I'll apologize in advance and no offense intended,  but the Steelers are my team.

Edit: Speaking of no offense, Roethlisberger already threw an interception. Thank goodness for our defense.
GO COWBOYS!
Rooting for the Giants tonight, sorry.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2016, 02:51:31 PM »

Purchase some cedar cigar trays.  $14 ea, or a handy guy like you might build some out of an old barn door.
Purchase some vinyl coated wire shelves and cut them up into small stands to put between the trays as you stack them in the coolerador.
Add gel, beads, or whatever for humidification and a digital temp/RH hygrometer, good to go. 
I have two set up this way, holds the RH rock solid, easy access to all the singles.
Just gotta remember to open her up and change the air from time to time. The seal on those is a little too good.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2016, 02:52:28 PM »

Hey Rick, if you're lurking... I'll apologize in advance and no offense intended,  but the Steelers are my team.

Edit: Speaking of no offense, Roethlisberger already threw an interception. Thank goodness for our defense.
GO COWBOYS!
Rooting for the Giants tonight, sorry.
Root away! Giants are going to lose anyway, sorry.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2016, 02:54:50 PM »

Just gotta remember to open her up and change the air from time to time. The seal on those is a little too good.
I open them monthly to circulate  and check the humdity which is always rock steady 66-68.  They are pretty amazing.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2016, 02:56:43 PM »

I got empty wood cigar boxes and have most of the loose cigars in those until I get my big humidor and sort them.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2016, 02:57:37 PM »

I open them monthly to circulate  and check the humdity which is always rock steady 66-68.  They are pretty amazing.
Oh, we were talking tupperdors?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2016, 02:58:18 PM »

I don't need ready access to the tubs or it would be a nightmare.  Got my current use supply in my regular humidors.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2016, 02:58:45 PM »

Oh, we were talking tupperdors?
Yep, airtight tubs.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2016, 02:59:50 PM »

Think I will go out on the patio and smoke a cigar.  Wind is blowing like hell.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2016, 03:07:01 PM »

Think I will go out on the patio and smoke a cigar.  Wind is blowing like hell.
Skinny Monster - "Chuck" fired up.

Threebean

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2016, 03:26:34 PM »

Well, unlike some BOTL, I do smoke mine on a somewhat regular basis.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7