CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: 12/2/2016  (Read 11728 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 12/2/2016
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2016, 08:48:24 AM »

Lot of running around to do today, somewhat of a DeanDay without the sexcapades.
Where's the fun in that?
Going to the 4th carpet store with hope for getting some lube prior to penetration this time.   
Sounds like you're fixin' to stay.
Carpet is for selling not staying.
Then the first carpet place would have done the trick. After you sell it, they're just gonna tear it up anyway.
No, the first one was Lowes and also the most expensive.  2nd one was a lier and crook.  3rd one was a general piece of crap operation.  4th one coming up did a good job for a very meticulous friend and their predominant business is with builders.

And yes, 90% will rip it out before they move in but it has to look great when they see the house.  Any smart buyer would prefer old carpet and a decorating allowance but smart buyers are few and far between.
Didn't you do carpeting in another room recently. I remember you seemed very satisfied with it. Why not use the same place?
Have not done any yet.
Hmmm, my bad. Maybe it was Bean?
LMAO, Bean is still just planning!
I must have confused carpeting with the experience you had with the painters. Can't keep up with all you home improvement folks.
Painters were excellent but it took about 6 months and 5 tries to find a good one.

It is pure hell trying to get construction related work done around here.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2016, 08:49:59 AM »

Lot of running around to do today, somewhat of a DeanDay without the sexcapades.
Where's the fun in that?
Going to the 4th carpet store with hope for getting some lube prior to penetration this time.   
Then the first carpet place would have done the trick. After you sell it, they're just gonna tear it up anyway.
No, the first one was Lowes and also the most expensive.  2nd one was a lier and crook.  3rd one was a general piece of crap operation.  4th one coming up did a good job for a very meticulous friend and their predominant business is with builders.

And yes, 90% will rip it out before they move in but it has to look great when they see the house.  Any smart buyer would prefer old carpet and a decorating allowance but smart buyers are few and far between.
Didn't you do carpeting in another room recently. I remember you seemed very satisfied with it. Why not use the same place?
Have not done any yet.
Hmmm, my bad. Maybe it was Bean?
LMAO, Bean is still just planning!
I must have confused carpeting with the experience you had with the painters. Can't keep up with all you home improvement folks.
...and the door people.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2016, 08:52:20 AM »

Where's the fun in that?
Exactly my thought....unless it has burns and big stains, leave it.  I had Stanley Steamer in last month and its probably the last I will do to the carpet before putting the house up.  Only thing I will do is some painting.
I almost fixed it for you. Scrolling to the bottom is a pain in the ass. That's why sometimes I'll just replace most of the thread with elipses.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2016, 08:55:58 AM »

Where's the fun in that?
Exactly my thought....unless it has burns and big stains, leave it.  I had Stanley Steamer in last month and its probably the last I will do to the carpet before putting the house up.  Only thing I will do is some painting.
Ours is 16 years old and the carpet and padding are just tired.  Lasted that long because the previous owner that built the house was a single woman living here 7 years and probably spent less than a year actually inside in it.  Had a maid service 2 days a week whether she was here or not.  Still says she would be interested in having it back but she would be expecting it to look perfect which it will.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2016, 08:56:48 AM »

...  Only thing I will do is some painting.
Cigar smoking painting party?!?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2016, 09:01:01 AM »

Where's the fun in that?
Ours is 16 years old and the carpet and padding are just tired.  Lasted that long because the previous owner that built the house was a single woman living here 7 years and probably spent less than a year actually inside in it.  Had a maid service 2 days a week whether she was here or not.  Still says she would be interested in having it back but she would be expecting it to look perfect which it will.
So you'll save on realtor fees, good deal. Charge her triple what you paid.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2016, 09:04:50 AM »

then it's not truly a Dean Day. morning Dave. AF rothchilde and gingerale while coffee brews.
Speaking of Rothchildes, I see that Illusione has released a Rothchildes Connecticut.

I notice that the last time I ordered... Keep the San Andrés in regular rotation. I figured Ogie may give some insight, although I'm not the biggest connie fan.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2016, 09:05:18 AM »

I'm considering a career change. I want to be a gover for CI. I believe that's one who goes over all the copy, checks it for spelling errors, [lights a cigar] and then ignores them.

Looks like CI's Goverer woke up and found spell check.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2016, 09:11:10 AM »

puppies and coloring books offered at college campuses to reduce the stress of finals.
what happened to booze and drugs?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2016, 09:13:59 AM »

puppies and coloring books offered at college campuses to reduce the stress of finals.
Sounds like the people offering puppies and coloring books are using them.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2016, 09:29:17 AM »

as fucked up as the 60's were they sure didn't have the pussies we have today. although the children of today are offspring of the 60's people.
boy did we screw up this country.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2016, 09:32:26 AM »

as fucked up as the 60's were they sure didn't have the pussies we have today. although the children of today are offspring of the 60's people.
Exactly what I was thinking. And you ain't done yet.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2016, 09:36:54 AM »

Yeah, this is clearly all your fault. Don't worry, PDTS will take over from here.

Ogie

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2016, 09:40:47 AM »

then it's not truly a Dean Day. morning Dave. AF rothchilde and gingerale while coffee brews.
Speaking of Rothchildes, I see that Illusione has released a Rothchildes Connecticut.

I notice that the last time I ordered... Keep the San Andrés in regular rotation. I figured Ogie may give some insight, although I'm not the biggest connie fan.
Shared a pic on August 31, 2016: reply #134.  First impression was very good.  Hard to judge against the original since that is basically a new standard of measurement for me.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2016, 09:45:28 AM »

Shared a pic on August 31, 2016: reply #134.  First impression was very good.  Hard to judge against the original since that is basically a new standard of measurement for me.
You are the ultimate lurker, Ogie. Hahaha.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12