CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: 9/18/2016  (Read 10637 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 9/18/2016
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2016, 10:38:51 AM »

La Estrella Cubana robusto and coffee in the screen room. will be leaving soon to fix a pot roast for tonight.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2016, 10:41:24 AM »

Week 3 of the NCAA Top 25 will bring more big changes -  highlights and lowlights:

#1 Alabama struggled against #19 Ole Miss to eventually win by 5 points.  48-43

LSU blew a 20 point halftime lead against an Unranked MS State without scoring in the second half but scraped by with an ugly 3 point win.  Another offensive embarrassment for the Tigers while winning  23-20.

#5 Clemson won a Pay to Play Game against a HBCU   59-0

#14 OK Sooners got their asses handed to them by #3 Ohio State, no overtime needed but CB is still cheering.  45-24

Where is CG?????  ND State whoops #13 Iowa   23-21

Over ranked #11 Texas Longhorns go down to California in a late night defensive embarrassment  50-43

#18 Notre Dame goes down to #12 Michigan State  36-28. Bean is at a recovery picnic.

#16 GA struggled the entire game to narrowly beat Unranked Missouri 28-27.

Unranked Nebraska beat #22 Oregon 35-32

And in the wildest "upset" of the day #10 Louisvile Killed #2 FL State   63-20
By the way, Dave, I appreciated this little recap with the little editorial notes. And thanks for keeping the banter going on life support all morning. We made it to page 3!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2016, 10:42:50 AM »

La Estrella Cubana robusto and coffee in the screen room. will be leaving soon to fix a pot roast for tonight.
That sounds good. Maybe I'll do something similar. I'll need to go food shopping first though.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2016, 10:47:18 AM »

was gifted a JFR gordo yesterday I'll fire up later. guy said he liked it. a bit big for my taste. see it's from Casa Fernandez and the reviews seem pleasing.

tried a Chillin' Moose last night before bed. definately need to sit, a bit too much ammonia. thanks for the reviews Tony.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2016, 10:48:42 AM »

good morning guys. picnic was fun, talked to a lot of people, cooked a lot of burgers and hots.....but the bitching was terrible. we moved the date from July to September because of the heat last year. not our fault September is still 90°, they bitched about the park not being handicap assessible. it is, it's a huge State Park. they are not required to provide wheel chairs or golf carts to get you through the park. stay the fuck home next time. three vegitarians bitched about not enough salads. oh well. we provided what food we could. we did not write out a dietary menu. to the lady selling 50/50 tickets. get off your ass and walk around selling them. don't sit hidden in a fucking corner with a sign expecting everyone to run up to you, and learn basic math when you add and divide the proceeds you need two equal amounts of money. you gave the winner too much, then took too much back when you realized your mistake. and to the committee person who was pissed at me for leaving early and didn't stick around until after cleaning up. I had there disabled people with me, one that was overheated so go fuck yourself.
in recovery you are suppose to change the person you were when you were drinking, not just be the miserable soul you are without a drink. and yes Sandy, I cleaned your grill up inside and out before I left. if someone fired it up again I know nothing about it.
Always drama down in FLA, sheesh. I went to a soccer swarm yesterday run by our local soccer association. Volunteers ran the grill, ran the 50/50 and walked around harassing people (the way you're supposed to), hired a DJ, blew up some bouncy houses for the kids, and cleaned it all up afterwards with no incidents.

Before anyone asks, a swarm is when kids from pre-k through 2nd grade play 2 shortened games each in a tournament type manner. 2 games always going on at once. NO ONE WINS.
Morning Mayor

Ok, you answered one question but also WTF is the 50/50?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2016, 10:49:49 AM »

Week 3 of the NCAA Top 25 will bring more big changes -  highlights and lowlights:

#1 Alabama struggled against #19 Ole Miss to eventually win by 5 points.  48-43

LSU blew a 20 point halftime lead against an Unranked MS State without scoring in the second half but scraped by with an ugly 3 point win.  Another offensive embarrassment for the Tigers while winning  23-20.

#5 Clemson won a Pay to Play Game against a HBCU   59-0

#14 OK Sooners got their asses handed to them by #3 Ohio State, no overtime needed but CB is still cheering.  45-24

Where is CG?????  ND State whoops #13 Iowa   23-21

Over ranked #11 Texas Longhorns go down to California in a late night defensive embarrassment  50-43

#18 Notre Dame goes down to #12 Michigan State  36-28. Bean is at a recovery picnic.

#16 GA struggled the entire game to narrowly beat Unranked Missouri 28-27.

Unranked Nebraska beat #22 Oregon 35-32

And in the wildest "upset" of the day #10 Louisvile Killed #2 FL State   63-20
By the way, Dave, I appreciated this little recap with the little editorial notes. And thanks for keeping the banter going on life support all morning. We made it to page 3!
Just trying to make things a little entertaining.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2016, 10:52:03 AM »

good morning guys. picnic was fun, talked to a lot of people, cooked a lot of burgers and hots.....but the bitching was terrible. we moved the date from July to September because of the heat last year. not our fault September is still 90°, they bitched about the park not being handicap assessible. it is, it's a huge State Park. they are not required to provide wheel chairs or golf carts to get you through the park. stay the fuck home next time. three vegitarians bitched about not enough salads. oh well. we provided what food we could. we did not write out a dietary menu. to the lady selling 50/50 tickets. get off your ass and walk around selling them. don't sit hidden in a fucking corner with a sign expecting everyone to run up to you, and learn basic math when you add and divide the proceeds you need two equal amounts of money. you gave the winner too much, then took too much back when you realized your mistake. and to the committee person who was pissed at me for leaving early and didn't stick around until after cleaning up. I had there disabled people with me, one that was overheated so go fuck yourself.
in recovery you are suppose to change the person you were when you were drinking, not just be the miserable soul you are without a drink. and yes Sandy, I cleaned your grill up inside and out before I left. if someone fired it up again I know nothing about it.
Always drama down in FLA, sheesh. I went to a soccer swarm yesterday run by our local soccer association. Volunteers ran the grill, ran the 50/50 and walked around harassing people (the way you're supposed to), hired a DJ, blew up some bouncy houses for the kids, and cleaned it all up afterwards with no incidents.

Before anyone asks, a swarm is when kids from pre-k through 2nd grade play 2 shortened games each in a tournament type manner. 2 games always going on at once. NO ONE WINS.
Morning Mayor

Ok, you answered on question but also WTF is the 50/50?
It's gambling disguised as a fund raiser. Basically they go around selling tickets with unique numbers on them. They draw one at the end of the event and the winner gets half of what they raised, the association gets the other half.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2016, 10:54:38 AM »

was gifted a JFR gordo yesterday I'll fire up later. guy said he liked it. a bit big for my taste. see it's from Casa Fernandez and the reviews seem pleasing.

tried a Chillin' Moose last night before bed. definately need to sit, a bit too much ammonia. thanks for the reviews Tony.
Sounds like they're very mild and could be a decent first smoke of the day. Just bury them somewhere and find them again in a month or two.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2016, 10:55:06 AM »

That sounds good. Maybe I'll do something similar. I'll need to go food shopping first though.
Just got my patio and pool deck blown clean of all the damn leaves and acorns.  Next on the list is go pick up my dogs at the kennel.  After that, what else but get me a Celebratory Cheeseburger and some great hand cut fries at Sandeez!

Last on the list is to get chit cleared out where the painters are going to start work in the morning.

No Monday this week I anticipate being too sick to go to work tomorrow .

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2016, 10:56:33 AM »

Morning Mayor

It's gambling disguised as a fund raiser. Basically they go around selling tickets with unique numbers on them. They draw one at the end of the event and the winner gets half of what they raised, the association gets the other half.
Ok, never heard of that term for it.  Must be Millennial talk. ;)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2016, 10:57:49 AM »

Just got my patio and pool deck blown clean of all the damn leaves and acorns.  Next on the list is go pick up my dogs at the kennel.  After that, what else but get me a Celebratory Cheeseburger and some great hand cut fries at Sandeez!

Last on the list is to get chit cleared out where the painters are going to start work in the morning.

Sounds like a plan. I was supposed to not feel well this coming Thursday but not sure that's gonna work out. I'll keep you posted.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2016, 11:04:12 AM »

Morning Mayor

Not a millennial thing. Been calling it that all my life. My parents belonged to an Italian non-profit when I was growing up and they did them all the time. Perhaps a northeast thing?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2016, 11:25:31 AM »

no Monday this week?
but I love Mondays!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2016, 11:32:12 AM »

Morning Mayor

Not a millennial thing. Been calling it that all my life. My parents belonged to an Italian non-profit when I was growing up and they did them all the time. Perhaps a northeast thing?
I always thought everybody in the world had 50/50 drawings. can be a great money maker at most any event. like strippers at a stag party.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2016, 11:33:29 AM »

no Monday this week?
but I love Mondays!
You still get to have your Monday. Dave is just giving his up. Win/win
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8