« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2016, 12:02:35 PM »

FYI, a BOTL from the old neighborhood, Steve Otamura has had some medical challenges recently including what was most likely a stroke.  Still in the hospital with some associated issues, but appears to be holding his own.  Keep him in your thoughts and prayers if you would.
will do.

« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2016, 12:14:47 PM »

Beginnings of the lunch lull?

« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2016, 12:22:14 PM »

« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2016, 12:33:32 PM »

Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/30/2016
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2016, 01:21:44 PM »

Hot button lull...

« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2016, 01:26:54 PM »

Tex - you retiring to teach college? ;)

http://www.theonion.com/article/college-professor-reminds-students-it-will-take-fe-53754
I am retiring to enjoy life and nothing much else.
I thought you were going to fish and boat?    Aren't both of those pursuits challenging, frustrating and expensive?  Kind of like owning a swimming pool?

« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2016, 01:27:45 PM »

Hot button lull...
Just had to go to our safe space for a while.

« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2016, 01:33:45 PM »

Tex - you retiring to teach college? ;)

http://www.theonion.com/article/college-professor-reminds-students-it-will-take-fe-53754
I am retiring to enjoy life and nothing much else.
I thought you were going to fish and boat?    Aren't both of those pursuits challenging, frustrating and expensive?  Kind of like owning a swimming pool?
Those are enjoying life to its fullest for me - GFY for evening mentioning a swimming pool much less comparing it to the finer things life has to offer!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/30/2016
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2016, 01:40:31 PM »

Tex - you retiring to teach college? ;)

http://www.theonion.com/article/college-professor-reminds-students-it-will-take-fe-53754
I am retiring to enjoy life and nothing much else.
I thought you were going to fish and boat?    Aren't both of those pursuits challenging, frustrating and expensive?  Kind of like owning a swimming pool?
Those are enjoying life to its fullest for me - GFY for evening mentioning a swimming pool much less comparing it to the finer things life has to offer!

I hope you will remember this when the boat needs its first repair...

« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2016, 01:50:43 PM »

FYI, a BOTL from the old neighborhood, Steve Otamura has had some medical challenges recently including what was most likely a stroke.  Still in the hospital with some associated issues, but appears to be holding his own.  Keep him in your thoughts and prayers if you would.
will do.
He doesn't have the use of his right aide, and they've been having trouble stopping bleeding from his nose. As of yesterday his wife Kimieko told me that as soon as they can control the bleed, he can start PT/rehab.

« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2016, 01:56:28 PM »

FYI, a BOTL from the old neighborhood, Steve Otamura has had some medical challenges recently including what was most likely a stroke.  Still in the hospital with some associated issues, but appears to be holding his own.  Keep him in your thoughts and prayers if you would.
will do.
He doesn't have the use of his right aide, and they've been having trouble stopping bleeding from his nose. As of yesterday his wife Kimieko told me that as soon as they can control the bleed, he can start PT/rehab.
Thanks for the update Raz.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/30/2016
« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2016, 01:57:47 PM »

FYI, a BOTL from the old neighborhood, Steve Otamura has had some medical challenges recently including what was most likely a stroke.  Still in the hospital with some associated issues, but appears to be holding his own.  Keep him in your thoughts and prayers if you would.
will do.
He doesn't have the use of his right aide, and they've been having trouble stopping bleeding from his nose. As of yesterday his wife Kimieko told me that as soon as they can control the bleed, he can start PT/rehab.

Sounds awful. Hope for the best. What was his screen name over there?

« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2016, 02:02:00 PM »

FYI, a BOTL from the old neighborhood, Steve Otamura has had some medical challenges recently including what was most likely a stroke.  Still in the hospital with some associated issues, but appears to be holding his own.  Keep him in your thoughts and prayers if you would.
will do.
He doesn't have the use of his right aide, and they've been having trouble stopping bleeding from his nose. As of yesterday his wife Kimieko told me that as soon as they can control the bleed, he can start PT/rehab.

Sounds awful. Hope for the best. What was his scene name over there?
Sheesh...it's been so long I don't remember. Was it just SteveO?

He was point man for the Combat Cigar Lounge for a while.

« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2016, 02:06:52 PM »

FYI, a BOTL from the old neighborhood, Steve Otamura has had some medical challenges recently including what was most likely a stroke.  Still in the hospital with some associated issues, but appears to be holding his own.  Keep him in your thoughts and prayers if you would.
will do.
He doesn't have the use of his right aide, and they've been having trouble stopping bleeding from his nose. As of yesterday his wife Kimieko told me that as soon as they can control the bleed, he can start PT/rehab.

Sounds awful. Hope for the best. What was his scene name over there?
Sheesh...it's been so long I don't remember. Was it just SteveO?

He was point man for the Combat Cigar Lounge for a while.
I think that was it.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/30/2016
« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2016, 02:07:50 PM »

FYI, a BOTL from the old neighborhood, Steve Otamura has had some medical challenges recently including what was most likely a stroke.  Still in the hospital with some associated issues, but appears to be holding his own.  Keep him in your thoughts and prayers if you would.
will do.
He doesn't have the use of his right aide, and they've been having trouble stopping bleeding from his nose. As of yesterday his wife Kimieko told me that as soon as they can control the bleed, he can start PT/rehab.

Sounds awful. Hope for the best. What was his scene name over there?
Sheesh...it's been so long I don't remember. Was it just SteveO?

He was point man for the Combat Cigar Lounge for a while.

Gotcha. Didn't put that together. I was thinking something more unobvious.