« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2016, 09:44:10 AM »

Markets Open

DOW   -14 @ 18,560

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2016, 09:46:59 AM »

The story has become all too familiar: The former child star who struggles to keep hold of their money, and ends up bankrupt decades later. But Eve Plumb, of “Brady Bunch” fame, is an exception, having made a savvy property investment at the age of just 11.

The 58-year-old actress and painter, who played Jan Brady in classic 1970s U.S. TV show “The Brady Bunch,” bought her Malibu home 47 years ago for just $55,000 with the help of her parents, and has now just sold it for $3.9 million, according to the listing agent Deasy/Penner.

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2016, 09:54:55 AM »

The story has become all too familiar: The former child star who struggles to keep hold of their money, and ends up bankrupt decades later. But Eve Plumb, of “Brady Bunch” fame, is an exception, having made a savvy property investment at the age of just 11.

The 58-year-old actress and painter, who played Jan Brady in classic 1970s U.S. TV show “The Brady Bunch,” bought her Malibu home 47 years ago for just $55,000 with the help of her parents, and has now just sold it for $3.9 million, according to the listing agent Deasy/Penner.
Nice retirement "bonus".  Gurkha-esque return on investment.

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2016, 09:55:43 AM »

Great travel cigar lighter and Not much to go wrong with it.

Just when I thought I’d seen every product for stashing survival items on one’s person, I ran across TinderZIP by Exotac.

 It’s a clever little product that not only is an easy-to-install replacement zipper pull, the cord portion also includes a waterproof flammable core that provides a 60 second burn time when lit to help start a fire in the event of an emergency. Just snip the cord, pull out the core and you’re ready to create some heat and light.  Made in the USA, TinderZIP can be added to jackets, bags, tents or just about any item with a zipper.  Available in two colors, black (pictured) and orange, TinderZIP is $8.95 for a package of five. Visit ExoTac for more info.
Unless it is detected by TSA and you have to explain why you have an obviously concealed incendiary device...

« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2016, 09:58:02 AM »

Vocabulary word for the day:  usufruct

« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2016, 09:58:29 AM »

I just had my mid-year review where my boss spent an hour talking to me about everything EXCEPT my performance and goals. What a waste of time.

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2016, 09:59:52 AM »

Due to incompetency within our "lack of management" had to cancel my New Orleans trip due to insufficient funding, not that this is an abnormal occurrence around here.  Only travel for me until at least mid-October is a one night trip to Houston in September.

Sheesh!  What a fuct up operation.
I would just retire and show their asseses.
I'm about 15 minutes late again. Sheesh.
They should fire your azz.

I meant for my post. NJDave beat me to it.

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2016, 10:04:24 AM »

I just had my mid-year review where my boss spent an hour talking to me about everything EXCEPT my performance and goals. What a waste of time.
That might be because you had no performance.

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2016, 10:05:19 AM »

Vocabulary word for the day:  usufruct
definition:  Usufruct is a limited real right (or in rem right) found in civil-law and mixed jurisdictions that unites the two property interests of usus and fructus: Usus (user) is the right to use or enjoy a thing possessed, directly and without altering it.  Or noun ROMAN LAW the right to enjoy the use and advantages of another's property short of the destruction or waste of its substance.

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2016, 10:06:01 AM »

Vocabulary word for the day:  usufruct
or I guess you could just say deadbeat.

Definition of usufruct
1
:  the legal right of using and enjoying the fruits or profits of something belonging to another
2
:  the right to use or enjoy something

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2016, 10:07:12 AM »

I just had my mid-year review where my boss spent an hour talking to me about everything EXCEPT my performance and goals. What a waste of time.
That might be because you had no performance.
and especially NO work related goals.

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2016, 10:08:10 AM »

Morning CB.

« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2016, 10:08:22 AM »

I just had my mid-year review where my boss spent an hour talking to me about everything EXCEPT my performance and goals. What a waste of time.
That might be because you had no performance.
TWSS

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2016, 10:09:10 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2016, 10:11:24 AM »

Morning LeftCoastRaz.