jswaykos

« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2014, 12:48:00 PM »

fucking nuts are pissing me off.
2 more weeks!
and I hope it's scheduled for only 6 work days.
So that means you'll put in 10.
I spoke to soon. new schedule has me working every day next week. two drivers going on vacation.
Called that one!  They're nothing if not consistent!

May as well make any last bit of money that you can.
yes, absolutely Joe. as it is they are converting 48 hours of personal leave to vacation leave so the replacement driver can start sooner (?), giving me what personal leave I've earned for next year (52 hours), and a small severance stipend. all in a lump sum check. SS won't be too happy with that, but hope they look at the yearly income and not the monthly one.

Sounds like a deal to me.  Truly hope this works out and you're off to Florida in a few weeks.  Love seeing people take risks to get out of situations that make them miserable.  Don't like something?  Change it.
#yolo?  :P
Oh fuck, we doing this again?  Cellos on or off?
Beer in the bottle/can or glass?
I heard recently that canned beer poured into a glass is the ideal.  I used to prefer to drink from the bottle.  Now I find I prefer to pour into a glass if that's an option.

Yeah, but then you have to match the type of glass to the type of beer or you will get called out. The best way to drink from a can is to put a hole in the side, put it over your mouth and open the tab... drink, drink, drink!

I do actually have a couple large tulip glasses that I use.  Or I'll use brandy type snifters.  Or just a pint glass sometimes.  I don't really try to match the glass to the beer (or whiskey, or whatever).
great, a new banter topic, I have a NASCAR glass I use in the rain if I'm drinking IPA with a Connie on the golf course.
Yeah, but if that glass breaks, do you contact NASCAR?

LMAO!!

« Reply #256 on: August 08, 2014, 12:48:54 PM »

I'll apologize before I delete any of my posts.  So suck it, Scott!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/8/2014
« Reply #257 on: August 08, 2014, 12:50:05 PM »

[...]

On a related note, I like tulips on my organ
I prefer two lips on my organ.  But I bet yours smells prettier.
You have 2 minutes to delete that ridiculous post

Tony must be the straight man in this act. Ghey Boy keeps the question out there though.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 8/8/2014
« Reply #258 on: August 08, 2014, 12:53:20 PM »

18

« Reply #259 on: August 08, 2014, 12:54:59 PM »

I'll apologize before I delete any of my posts.  So suck it, Scott!
I'm only referring to the poor, repetitive humor
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 8/8/2014
« Reply #260 on: August 08, 2014, 12:57:56 PM »

I'll apologize before I delete any of my posts.  So suck it, Scott!
I'm only referring to the poor, repetitive humor
oh so now who's a comedy critic. How was that?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #261 on: August 08, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »

Can't say I've priced these out before but it appears to be a good deal on 8-5-8 Sungrowns:  https://www.slipperyrockcigars.com/arturo-fuente-flora-fina-858-sungrown-5-pack.html

« Reply #262 on: August 08, 2014, 01:03:20 PM »

I think I'm gonna call it a day.  This banter is way too insipid for the likes of me.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/8/2014
« Reply #263 on: August 08, 2014, 01:07:53 PM »

Morning, all!  Kind of a crazy day today... daughter's 2nd birthday, my last full time day with the ad agency, first gov't meeting before lunch, boss wants to go out for drinks after lunch, hockey with the boy tonight.  Can't wait to crack that first queer beer.
Good morning Joe!  congrats on making the job move!  hope it all works out the way you want it to!!  you guys calling stuff like the Seagrams fruit type drinks and such.  I've noticed on the bottles they are beer based.

Thanks, Sam.  It'll be an interesting change, for sure, but I'm a gamblin' man.  Travellin' Dave summed up queer beer quite nicely.  It's "real" beer.  More real than some of the mainstream stuff that uses the cheapest possible ingredients to make "beer".  But I don't care AT ALL what other people drink and enjoy because it's not like they're sharing, anyway!!  And I'm not sharing, so I don't care what you think of my stuff  ;D
So if I come over to visit I have to bring my own Peanut Butter Beer?  not a problem!  Got some ML and Skippy in the cupboard!  stirring it may be problematic as I may stir all the carbonation right out of it.

Sheesh.  If anyone visits they can drink and smoke anything I have on hand.  Open bar/humi.  Actually, I'll meet you somewhere.  But I'll bring anything you'd like to try.  Even got 2oz bottles for liquor samples.
Joe, do you buy 2oz bottles somewhere or do you reuse 'shooters'?  I have been looking to pick some up, just haven't pulled a trigger yet.

Amazon (or ebay).  Look up "boston rounds".
That's funny, I got this:
Must be a different search engine.
You realize the search engine people now taylor your searches to what you habitually look for/at, right?

« Reply #264 on: August 08, 2014, 01:08:29 PM »

I think I'm gonna call it a day.  This banter is way too insipid for the likes of me.
What, it's barely afternoon!  Some people, sheesh.

« Reply #265 on: August 08, 2014, 01:08:43 PM »

I think I'm gonna call it a day.  This banter is way too insipid for the likes of me.
GFY Dummy!
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/8/2014
« Reply #266 on: August 08, 2014, 01:10:31 PM »

Can't say I've priced these out before but it appears to be a good deal on 8-5-8 Sungrowns:  https://www.slipperyrockcigars.com/arturo-fuente-flora-fina-858-sungrown-5-pack.html
now if we could just convince them to ship free, it really WOULD be a deal.

« Reply #267 on: August 08, 2014, 01:11:06 PM »

[...]

Ohh I got it alright MFer! Tony's Tulips?
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/8/2014
« Reply #268 on: August 08, 2014, 01:11:36 PM »

fritters up on the jamb
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #269 on: August 08, 2014, 01:13:36 PM »

fritters up on the jamb

They're the only things that ever stay saved in my cart for later.