CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: 8/1/2016  (Read 12628 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 8/1/2016
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2016, 03:23:40 PM »

DOW   -30 @ 18,402

Price of oil is getting killed so look for stocks to sink some as long as that  is going on.

Currently OIL is -0.79 @ $40.82
This is directly from  Market Watch this morning:

"Earnings may be signaling a ‘sell the house, sell the car, sell the kids’–type bear market"

But flip a coin because this is also directly from Market Watch this morning:

"S&P 500 hasn’t done this in 40 years — and it’s a bullish sign"

For the last 11 trading sessions, the large-cap index has traded in a range of 0.92%—representing the tightest trading range dating back to at least 1970, said Ryan Detrick, a technical analyst and senior market strategist at LPL Financial.

Furthermore, the S&P 500 SPX, -0.14%  saw a streak of alternating higher and lower closes for 11 straight days—the third longest range of such movements on record, Detrick said in a tweet Thursday after the close.
Dow up +29.11....all this doom and gloom shit!
Reality Check.     DOW.  -41.12
Fuck reality.  I want to live in la-la land like most everybody else.

Threebean

« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2016, 03:48:21 PM »

DOW   -30 @ 18,402

Price of oil is getting killed so look for stocks to sink some as long as that  is going on.

"Earnings may be signaling a ‘sell the house, sell the car, sell the kids’–type bear market"

For the last 11 trading sessions, the large-cap index has traded in a range of 0.92%—representing the tightest trading range dating back to at least 1970, said Ryan Detrick, a technical analyst and senior market strategist at LPL Financial.

Furthermore, the S&P 500 SPX, -0.14%  saw a streak of alternating higher and lower closes for 11 straight days—the third longest range of such movements on record, Detrick said in a tweet Thursday after the close.
Sorry, Bernie wasn't nominated.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2016, 04:24:09 PM »

DOW   -30 @ 18,402

Scary, but Bernie is seeming more and more sane all the time.  Commie sure, but sane compared to the others.

Threebean

« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2016, 04:28:22 PM »

DOW   -30 @ 18,402

Scary, but Bernie is seeming more and more sane all the time.  Commie sure, but sane compared to the others.
Unfortunately the entire basis of his belief system is insane.  But yeah, the choice is between a continuation down the road we're on or veer off onto a twisty road with lots of blind curves.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2016, 05:21:27 PM »

DOW   -30 @ 18,402

Unfortunately the entire basis of his belief system is insane.  But yeah, the choice is between a continuation down the road we're on or veer off onto a twisty road with lots of blind curves.
True, but once you get past that.... ::)

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2016, 05:42:50 PM »

DOW   -30 @ 18,402

Well put Mark.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2016, 05:59:09 PM »

DOW   -30 @ 18,402

Did you say blond curves?

About to light up a Warped La Hacienda if it isn't raining out there.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2016, 06:00:06 PM »

DOW   -30 @ 18,402

Did you hear the one about the blind blond…

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2016, 06:34:05 PM »

DOW   -30 @ 18,402

I dropped the non celo'd cigar and the wrapper cracked. Still burning ok and tasting excellent.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2016, 06:50:34 PM »

Bunch of damn SLACKERS!!!!

I left at 10:30 this morning and only 1 page since then.  Pretty sad bunch.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2016, 06:52:17 PM »

Long day, 3 hours of meeting and 3-1/2 hours driving.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2016, 06:57:51 PM »

Saturday is the new Monday.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
Re: 8/1/201
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2016, 06:59:15 PM »

Best I can figure out Travellin Dave thinks Bernie represents reality, that boy needs to lay off that French perfume.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2016, 07:09:27 PM »

Unlike you, some of us had to actually work today, not just endure bullshit. ;-)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2016, 07:26:47 PM »

Unlike you, some of us had to actually work today, not just endure bullshit. ;-)
That is your problem not mine
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12