« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2016, 01:39:10 PM »

« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2016, 01:42:13 PM »

Hey Raz, anyone up in your neck of the woods looking for camping equipment?  Have a good deal....we know a guy....
I'm full up.  My travel trailer now has a liquor cabinet and humidor, and with the big batteries my friends put on for me, it can run for a week without power. All the equipment I need. ;-)

« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2016, 01:43:17 PM »

I don't want to work today.  Can I just go home?

Don't be so self centered. Other folks need that taxable income... They are depending on you! ~ 'Murica
Which is why they should let me go home.  I could finish putting together my $1100 order for Harley parts instead of trying to make up things to do here at work!
Another $1100?  I thought you just got it all prettied up and ready to go?
Haven't you bought a new bike by now?
A ways to go before it's prettied up. And no, not a new bike yet. Figure I'll have about $12K into it by the time it's cherried. Which is half the cost of a new one.

This order will be for a new exhaust system and some miscellaneous cosmetics. This winter I'll paint it and probably bob the rear fender some. New bars, too. Come spring I'll have the top end rebuilt. Maybe some custom wheels. THEN it'll be cherry.

Put the new grips on last night. Vast improvement.
A lot more than I paid for mine.
How much did you pay for yours, and what is it?  (If you don't mind my asking)

« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2016, 01:48:15 PM »

Good morning, boys.
Morning, speedy

Hey, Scott. You got a ball game tonight?
Indeed, looked yesterday like we would be washed out but it's cleared up so looks like a Championship game for tonight
Will everybody get trophies?
You know that answer

« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2016, 01:52:11 PM »

Good morning, boys.
Morning, speedy

Hey, Scott. You got a ball game tonight?
Indeed, looked yesterday like we would be washed out but it's cleared up so looks like a Championship game for tonight
Will everybody get trophies?
You know that answer

« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2016, 01:52:41 PM »

[...]

Have a Honda CTX-700.  List is $7,500 (plus the usual)

« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2016, 02:00:42 PM »

Rain, glorious rain!

« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2016, 02:01:06 PM »

[...]

We aren't talking about the same category of motorcycles.  Apples and oranges.  Yours gets you from point A to point B quickly, reliably, efficiently, smoothly, economically, and quietly.  Mine leaks oil, rattles windows, annoys my neighbors, and attracts the interest of women who like to wear leather and drink whiskey.

« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2016, 02:09:20 PM »

[...]

Right on all counts, so we both have exactly what we want and nothing we don't.   ;D

« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2016, 02:11:57 PM »

Matter of fact, the rain has stopped, bright sun out to dry up the roads, may need to get out for a ride.

« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2016, 02:19:26 PM »

[...]

Indeed!

« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2016, 02:20:30 PM »

Matter of fact, the rain has stopped, bright sun out to dry up the roads, may need to get out for a ride.
Put on your cutoffs and cowboy boots and ride over to New Hope.

« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2016, 02:23:33 PM »

[...]

That CTX is a nice looking bike, though.  I like Harleys, but I'm no bigot.  I'd ride that CTX.