CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: 6/30/2016  (Read 26442 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 6/30/2016
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2016, 07:34:39 AM »

Las Calaveras 2016 Shipping

Crowned Heads fans, your day is here. The 2016 version of the Las Calaveras is now shipping to stores. This year’s rendition uses a Connecticut broadleaf Grade A Darks wrapper, a Nicaraguan binder and Nicaraguan fillers. For the first time in the line’s three year history there will be more than three vitolas. A total of 4,500 24-count boxes will be created in three sizes: LC50 (5 x 50, $10.25), LC46 (6 x 46, $9.25) and LC54 (5 1/2 x 54, $11.25). A fourth size—a 6 1/8 x 52 pirámides—will be sold in a new Las Calaveras sampler containing one of each of the four cigars. The pirámides will be sold only in the sampler.
It will be interesting to see if they can ever repeat the quality of the initial offering
Yeah, very true.  I will try to pick up one or two of the samplers to try.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2016, 07:43:55 AM »

202 Days

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2016, 07:47:42 AM »

Morning Dave the King James rumors in your news paper?
Don't see anything specific online today. This about the string of other women and children? Heard something about that around the championship parade time, but haven't heard anything since.
He opted out of the final year of his contract, no surprise
Yea, but most likely will be doing one year contracts for a couple of years to maximize increases, then settle with a jumbo multi-year.  Don't think he has real interest in leaving Cleveland... ???

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2016, 07:49:55 AM »

1-3% my ass, wait and see if the LP 9's only go up 10-30 cents or so.

Drew Estate Raising Prices Next Month

Next month, Drew Estate will raise prices on some of its portfolio. Certain brands—namely Liga Privada No. 9, Único Serie and the Herrera Estelí brands—won’t see a price increase, but many cigars will increase 1-3 percent on the wholesale level, something that is likely to be passed onto the consumer. ACID, though neither G-Fresh nor Krush Classic, and Isla del Sol will increase 2 percent per cigar. Ambrosia, La Vieja Natural, Nica Rustica, Tabak Especial, Undercrown and Undercrown Shade will increase roughly 3 percent per cigar. Liga Privada T-52 will increase 1 percent in price. While some prices are increasing in wholesale price, an updated price list shows a lowered suggested retail price. The new pricing goes into effect July 25, the first day of the IPCPR Convention & Trade Show. Joya de Nicaragua shows no price increase from a July 2015 price list, though Royal Agio brands like Balmoral, Mehari’s and Panter are increasing. While most companies typically announce price increases in the early part of the year, Drew Estate typically does them in the summer.
Ya THINK?....has to be the dumbest statement they ever include after an increase in taxes or wholesale costs...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2016, 07:51:21 AM »

New excuse for the IT department, "I have to leave at lunch today to give blood."
Three days in a row?  Besides only takes about an hour then you can be back at work.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2016, 07:52:38 AM »

Crowned Heads fans, your day is here. The 2016 version of the Las Calaveras is now shipping to stores. This year’s rendition uses a Connecticut broadleaf Grade A Darks wrapper, a Nicaraguan binder and Nicaraguan fillers. For the first time in the line’s three year history there will be more than three vitolas. A total of 4,500 24-count boxes will be created in three sizes: LC50 (5 x 50, $10.25), LC46 (6 x 46, $9.25) and LC54 (5 1/2 x 54, $11.25). A fourth size—a 6 1/8 x 52 pirámides—will be sold in a new Las Calaveras sampler containing one of each of the four cigars. The pirámides will be sold only in the sampler.
It will be interesting to see if they can ever repeat the quality of the initial offering
I would be happy with coming close.  Already have my availability notice submitted...so just waiting on delivery.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2016, 07:53:24 AM »

Don't see anything specific online today. This about the string of other women and children? Heard something about that around the championship parade time, but haven't heard anything since.
Yea, but most likely will be doing one year contracts for a couple of years to maximize increases, then settle with a jumbo multi-year.  Don't think he has real interest in leaving Cleveland... ???
Sounds like he's in line to be the highest paid player in a couple years. And that's just fine by me.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2016, 07:53:58 AM »

Yeah, very true.  I will try to pick up one or two of the samplers to try.
Very nice that they offer those vitola samplers.  Good way to explore the line.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2016, 07:54:23 AM »

Sounds like he's in line to be the highest paid player in a couple years. And that's just fine by me.
Him too!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2016, 07:55:19 AM »

New excuse for the IT department, "I have to leave at lunch today to give blood."
Three days in a row?  Besides only takes about an hour then you can be back at work.
Who the hell is their supervisor that lets them get away with this shit?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2016, 07:56:12 AM »

Him too!
He's already got a huge lifetime contract from Nike, so any money he makes from the Cavs is almost peanuts to him now.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2016, 07:58:00 AM »

Regardless of the topic here is a typical ignorant media statement.  They don't even know that a Kayak and a Canoe are two different things.

‘Alarming’ number of kayak-related deaths reported in Texas

An Austin-area man died while canoeing on Lake Georgetown last weekend.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2016, 07:58:37 AM »

Who the hell is their supervisor that lets them get away with this shit?
Well it sure ain't me!

sfish

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2016, 08:01:58 AM »

Him too!
He's already got a huge lifetime contract from Nike, so any money he makes from the Cavs is almost peanuts to him now.
It's basically his cigar money

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2016, 08:08:36 AM »

Regardless of the topic here is a typical ignorant media statement.  They don't even know that a Kayak and a Canoe are two different things.

‘Alarming’ number of kayak-related deaths reported in Texas

An Austin-area man died while canoeing on Lake Georgetown last weekend.
Are they separate articles? Cause 1 is not exactly an alarming number. Lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23