« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2016, 09:40:26 AM »

Got a new retirement fishing project underway.  Been wanting to build a classic style fishing boat for years, looked at a couple of premium custom boat builders to have it done but costs were more than astronomical, building it at home requires a huge amount of space and shop equipment along with several years of time so I had pretty much just decided on an off the shelf fishing boat.  One particular style of custom boat has been stuck in my mind for years and low and behold strictly by accident I found a furniture maker in Nags Head, NC that builds basically the same boat by hand in his shop for a somewhat reasonable price.

Began working with him by phone and email this week and a super nice guy producing some amazing work.  I will be travelling to Nags Head in the near future (no not the one I wake up with every morning the one in North Carolina  :)) to meet him in person and look at his work in person.  Should be able to get the project completed just about the time I get relocated to SC.

Funny, the design is from a 1970's boat called a "Willy Boat" made down in the FL Keys so the design will look great behind the '78 Land Cruiser.

I am excited!
Sounds like everything is starting to come together, hope this guy does some good work on your Willy.
He is quite the Willy Woody Maker! :D  Perhaps he can make me a humidor (with feet on it of course) to go with the boat.
Yeah, feet are essential. ;)
Speaking of which, where's Shaun been?
Chip, too. Shaun's been on FB, so I know he's still around. Haven't seen Chip here or there in quite awhile. Hope everything's ok.
I talked to Chip a couple of weeks ago, times are still really rough for his family and he has had some medical issues himself also but hanging in there.  He plans to be back when things settle down a little.

« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2016, 09:45:15 AM »

Still no Dean?
I'm here. just back from island hopping. lady and I went out at 4:30am to catch a sunrise before golf. now I gotta unload kayaks and load clubs. is it Monday yet?

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2016, 09:51:38 AM »

[...]

Sounds good. Hope that black cloud over his family blows away soon.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/29/2016
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2016, 09:59:29 AM »

G'Morning, fellas. Ghost town here at the office. Guess everyone still had to get their fireworks.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/29/2016
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2016, 10:06:22 AM »

[...]

Gonna have to start calling you ThrowBackDave or Mr. Nostalgia.
I don't mind it because I do luv the classic lines of older boats and cars.

AntiqueDave
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/29/2016
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2016, 10:13:42 AM »

[...]

Really like a center console for around the inner coastal. Intrepid makes some nice "glass" stuff. Those old Chris Craft's are beautiful though.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/29/2016
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2016, 10:17:41 AM »

Dean finally shows up, and everyone goes to make strawberry pancakes. Sheesh

« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2016, 10:26:47 AM »

Dean finally shows up, and everyone goes to make strawberry pancakes. Sheesh
We're all just commiserating about his terrible day. ;)

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2016, 10:27:20 AM »

[...]

In so many ways... ::)

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2016, 10:28:51 AM »

Still no Dean?
I'm here. just back from island hopping. lady and I went out at 4:30am to catch a sunrise before golf. now I gotta unload kayaks and load clubs. is it Monday yet?
I'm still confused, I thought (except for lingering construction issues) lady was on ice and redhead was full speed ahead?

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2016, 10:29:39 AM »

G'Morning, fellas. Ghost town here at the office. Guess everyone still had to get their fireworks.
Quick drive up to the SC border?

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2016, 10:29:52 AM »

Morning Steve.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/29/2016
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2016, 10:32:37 AM »

Dean finally shows up, and everyone goes to make strawberry pancakes. Sheesh
We're all just commiserating about his terrible day. ;)

Lol. Yeah, I can see that. Having to load and unload sports equipment for daily activities.

...and just to clarify, "lady" is the friends with benefits biker lady? (aka, Ex-biker lady)
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/29/2016
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2016, 10:35:06 AM »

Still no Dean?
I'm here. just back from island hopping. lady and I went out at 4:30am to catch a sunrise before golf. now I gotta unload kayaks and load clubs. is it Monday yet?
I'm still confused, I thought (except for lingering construction issues) lady was on ice and redhead was full speed ahead?

The DAWG gets what it needs... it has no reasoning or explanation.

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2016, 10:37:33 AM »

Did somebody say pancakes?

Lessee, Tex will get a Willy when he retires and we can't keep track of Dean's women without a scorecard. Must be the Banter.

Morning, muchachos.