CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: 6/29/2016  (Read 14122 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 6/29/2016
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2016, 08:45:00 AM »

Three more women added to the Title IX lawsuit against Baylor....now up to 6.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2016, 08:52:51 AM »

Got a new retirement fishing project underway.  Been wanting to build a classic style fishing boat for years, looked at a couple of premium custom boat builders to have it done but costs were more than astronomical, building it at home requires a huge amount of space and shop equipment along with several years of time so I had pretty much just decided on an off the shelf fishing boat.  One particular style of custom boat has been stuck in my mind for years and low and behold strictly by accident I found a furniture maker in Nags Head, NC that builds basically the same boat by hand in his shop for a somewhat reasonable price.

Began working with him by phone and email this week and a super nice guy producing some amazing work.  I will be travelling to Nags Head in the near future (no not the one I wake up with every morning the one in North Carolina  :)) to meet him in person and look at his work in person.  Should be able to get the project completed just about the time I get relocated to SC. 

Funny, the design is from a 1970's boat called a "Willy Boat" made down in the FL Keys so the design will look great behind the '78 Land Cruiser.

I am excited!
Sounds like everything is starting to come together, hope this guy does some good work on your Willy.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2016, 08:55:06 AM »

Got a new retirement fishing project underway.  Been wanting to build a classic style fishing boat for years, looked at a couple of premium custom boat builders to have it done but costs were more than astronomical, building it at home requires a huge amount of space and shop equipment along with several years of time so I had pretty much just decided on an off the shelf fishing boat.  One particular style of custom boat has been stuck in my mind for years and low and behold strictly by accident I found a furniture maker in Nags Head, NC that builds basically the same boat by hand in his shop for a somewhat reasonable price.

Began working with him by phone and email this week and a super nice guy producing some amazing work.  I will be travelling to Nags Head in the near future (no not the one I wake up with every morning the one in North Carolina  :)) to meet him in person and look at his work in person.  Should be able to get the project completed just about the time I get relocated to SC. 

Funny, the design is from a 1970's boat called a "Willy Boat" made down in the FL Keys so the design will look great behind the '78 Land Cruiser.

I am excited!
Sounds like everything is starting to come together, hope this guy does some good work on your Willy.
He is quite the Willy Woody Maker! :D  Perhaps he can make me a humidor (with feet on it of course) to go with the boat.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2016, 09:00:54 AM »

No-Name Cigars at the Page today

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2016, 09:05:26 AM »

I am excited!
He is quite the Willy Woody Maker! :D  Perhaps he can make me a humidor (with feet on it of course) to go with the boat.
Yeah, feet are essential. ;)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2016, 09:07:59 AM »

Sad....didn't even bother to look.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2016, 09:09:44 AM »

Sad....didn't even bother to look.
Took a look at the alphabet deals, too. Also nothing going on there.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2016, 09:10:22 AM »

I am excited!
Gonna have to start calling you ThrowBackDave or Mr. Nostalgia.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2016, 09:13:17 AM »

I am excited!
Gonna have to start calling you ThrowBackDave or Mr. Nostalgia.
I don't mind it because I do luv the classic lines of older boats and cars.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2016, 09:13:28 AM »

After 20 years, he still does have an axe to grind, doesn't he...

"This is one of those deals. The obligatory "I can't tell you the name of the factory" deals. I think I first barfed up that concept 20 years ago....and other clowns and charlatans have ripped it off ever since. "

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2016, 09:17:02 AM »

After 20 years, he still does have an axe to grind, doesn't he...

"This is one of those deals. The obligatory "I can't tell you the name of the factory" deals. I think I first barfed up that concept 20 years ago....and other clowns and charlatans have ripped it off ever since. "
Dude is still bitter, no question.

sfish

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2016, 09:31:33 AM »

I am excited!
Speaking of which, where's Shaun been?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2016, 09:37:14 AM »

I am excited!
He's around, checked in with him last week.  Apparently a bit wary with work computers....didn't have a great answer about checking in from home however.  He'll be back when it's time.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2016, 09:38:40 AM »

I am excited!
Chip, too. Shaun's been on FB, so I know he's still around. Haven't seen Chip here or there in quite awhile. Hope everything's ok.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2016, 09:39:08 AM »

Got to go get a haircut, bbl.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13