Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/16/2016
« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2016, 04:10:02 PM »

Time to fly like a bird and get the f out of here.

Later Gents.

See ya, Dave
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/16/2016
« Reply #211 on: June 16, 2016, 04:11:54 PM »

I got to stop and get some sparkling water on the way home, going to be real warm on the patio today.

Don't forget to cart your 5 Vegas Limitada '15's before you leave... sheesh
Hard to resist at a 50% savings.

I know, right. Practically pre-FDA pricing.
You should really hit on the AB 90+ rated 2nds on the weekly special - 20/$30 Corona's.  83% Savings!

Honestly, I'd probably do that before the 5 Vegas option. Maybe even the Gran Habano 3 Siglos SLS, but alas, I caved on the box of Cuarenta's on the bid site last night. 25/$76  ;)
Good move there, I gave it some thought but I got enough cigars for life and then some.

I am trying to hit a nice used high end cabinet humidor.  Frik'n had a beautiful J.C. Pendergast on the radar and fooled around too long trying to deal the guy down too much and missed it.

But not enough Short Stories, I hear. There's always something... AmIRight?
That is correct, kind of like Ammo can't have too much of some things and short stories are one of them.  I have 2 boxes in the retirement tubs but down to only one cigar in my current use humi.  My favorite cigar for morning reading.
smoke the cigar, what fun is reading the label.
going downstairs, got to take an antibiotic and a pain pill. 8)

Evening, OralSurgeryFlip. You been laid up most of the day?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/16/2016
« Reply #212 on: June 16, 2016, 04:40:43 PM »

Quitting time... later, boys

« Reply #213 on: June 16, 2016, 04:45:23 PM »

I got to stop and get some sparkling water on the way home, going to be real warm on the patio today.

Don't forget to cart your 5 Vegas Limitada '15's before you leave... sheesh
Hard to resist at a 50% savings.

I know, right. Practically pre-FDA pricing.
You should really hit on the AB 90+ rated 2nds on the weekly special - 20/$30 Corona's.  83% Savings!
How could they be called seconds and still be 90+ rated...whole bunch o oxymorons there.

« Reply #214 on: June 16, 2016, 04:46:11 PM »

Markets Closed

DOW rallied late in the day closing +93 @ 17,733
Really was all over the place today!

« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2016, 04:46:47 PM »

Have a good one Steve.

« Reply #216 on: June 16, 2016, 05:00:06 PM »

For your reading pleasure...

Lard can be obtained from any part of the pig where there is a high concentration of fatty tissue. The highest grade of lard, known as leaf lard, is obtained from the "flare" visceral fat deposit surrounding the kidneys and inside the loin. Leaf lard has little pork flavor, making it ideal for use in baked goods, where it is valued for its ability to produce flaky, moist pie crusts. The next-highest grade is obtained from fatback, the hard subcutaneous fat between the back skin and muscle of the pig. The lowest grade (for purposes of rendering into lard) is obtained from the soft caul fat surrounding digestive organs, such as small intestines, though caul fat is often used directly as a wrapping for roasting lean meats or in the manufacture of pâtés.

Lard may be rendered by either of two processes: wet or dry. In wet rendering, pig fat is boiled in water or steamed at a high temperature and the lard, which is insoluble in water, is skimmed off the surface of the mixture, or it is separated in an industrial centrifuge. In dry rendering, the fat is exposed to high heat in a pan or oven without the presence of water (a process similar to frying bacon). The two processes yield somewhat differing products. Wet-rendered lard has a more neutral flavor, a lighter color, and a high smoke point. Dry-rendered lard is somewhat more browned in color and flavor and has a lower smoke point. Rendered lard produces an unpleasant smell when mixed with oxygen.

Industrially-produced lard, including much of the lard sold in supermarkets, is rendered from a mixture of high- and low-quality fat sourced from throughout the pig. Lard is often hydrogenated to improve its stability at room temperature. Hydrogenated lard sold to consumers typically contains fewer than 0.5 g of transfats per 13 g serving. Lard is also often treated with bleaching and deodorizing agents, emulsifiers, and antioxidants such as BHT. These treatments make it more consistent and prevent spoilage. (Untreated lard must be refrigerated or frozen to prevent rancidity.)

Consumers seeking a higher-quality source of lard typically seek out artisanal producers of rendered lard, or render it themselves from leaf lard or fatback.

A by-product of dry-rendering lard is deep-fried meat, skin and membrane tissue known as cracklings.
Damn, we be smart now!
Sheesh, and you guys keep calling ME the professor.

« Reply #217 on: June 16, 2016, 05:02:44 PM »

Fired coach Art Briles accusing Baylor of wrongful termination

http://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/Fired-coach-Art-Briles-accusing-Baylor-of-8239227.php
Yea, but there's this as well:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/16234797/three-more-women-sue-baylor-bears-reaction-rape-allegations
Bottom like is those Baylor folks are going to be paying a whole lot!
Total friggin' shitshow no matter how you look at it.

« Reply #218 on: June 16, 2016, 05:03:32 PM »

[...]

There just hadn't been applications for their areas of expertise before now.

« Reply #219 on: June 16, 2016, 05:20:36 PM »

Uh oh, end of the work day lull....Bean and Raz should still be here.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/16/2016
« Reply #220 on: June 16, 2016, 05:50:29 PM »

For camel rides in the desert

« Reply #221 on: June 16, 2016, 05:55:17 PM »

FdLA Robusto lit with Tito's & Sparkling water.  Chit it is hot here!

« Reply #222 on: June 16, 2016, 06:02:35 PM »

I got to stop and get some sparkling water on the way home, going to be real warm on the patio today.

Don't forget to cart your 5 Vegas Limitada '15's before you leave... sheesh
Hard to resist at a 50% savings.

I know, right. Practically pre-FDA pricing.
You should really hit on the AB 90+ rated 2nds on the weekly special - 20/$30 Corona's.  83% Savings!

Honestly, I'd probably do that before the 5 Vegas option. Maybe even the Gran Habano 3 Siglos SLS, but alas, I caved on the box of Cuarenta's on the bid site last night. 25/$76  ;)
Good move there, I gave it some thought but I got enough cigars for life and then some.

I am trying to hit a nice used high end cabinet humidor.  Frik'n had a beautiful J.C. Pendergast on the radar and fooled around too long trying to deal the guy down too much and missed it.
Foo-foo humi.

« Reply #223 on: June 16, 2016, 06:02:38 PM »

I will be very surprised if we have more than a few shreds of a 2nd amendment by the 4th of July.

« Reply #224 on: June 16, 2016, 06:04:43 PM »

Decent deal jamming on Unholy Cocktails 10/$30
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17