Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/15/2016
« Reply #225 on: June 15, 2016, 04:05:52 PM »

Body of 2 year old at Disney has been recovered.

I know we joked earlier, but this is pretty sad. That father will now replay that moment forever... wondering what he could have done differently. As in grabbing the boy. Not the "no swimming" part.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/15/2016
« Reply #226 on: June 15, 2016, 04:07:04 PM »

Closing down and going home.  Cigar and some elixir very soon, going to be warm on the patio today I imagine.

Turn on the fan and put a couple extra cubes in the glass.  8) Later, Native.

« Reply #227 on: June 15, 2016, 04:21:39 PM »

Body of 2 year old at Disney has been recovered.

I know we joked earlier, but this is pretty sad. That father will now replay that moment forever... wondering what he could have done differently. As in grabbing the boy. Not the "no swimming" part.
Whip out his concealed Glock 23 and shoot the damned thing? Realize that Florida is gator country and assume the reason for no-swimming signs is because there might be gators? Stop buying into the mistaken notion that humans are at the top of the food chain? Stop believing that the cosmos is a friendly and welcoming place where all animals van live in harmony?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/15/2016
« Reply #228 on: June 15, 2016, 04:38:01 PM »

Body of 2 year old at Disney has been recovered.

I know we joked earlier, but this is pretty sad. That father will now replay that moment forever... wondering what he could have done differently. As in grabbing the boy. Not the "no swimming" part.
Whip out his concealed Glock 23 and shoot the damned thing? Realize that Florida is gator country and assume the reason for no-swimming signs is because there might be gators? Stop buying into the mistaken notion that humans are at the top of the food chain? Stop believing that the cosmos is a friendly and welcoming place where all animals van live in harmony?

All great ideas for the rational thinkers, but I think you know what I'm saying... Having him just slip out of your hand.

« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2016, 04:44:20 PM »

Body of 2 year old at Disney has been recovered.

I know we joked earlier, but this is pretty sad. That father will now replay that moment forever... wondering what he could have done differently. As in grabbing the boy. Not the "no swimming" part.
Whip out his concealed Glock 23 and shoot the damned thing? Realize that Florida is gator country and assume the reason for no-swimming signs is because there might be gators? Stop buying into the mistaken notion that humans are at the top of the food chain? Stop believing that the cosmos is a friendly and welcoming place where all animals van live in harmony?
I don't know how you can talk that way and still be allowed to live in Washington State.  Perplexed that TexDave harbors the same attitude yet lives and works in Austin.  His head should have exploded long before now.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/15/2016
« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2016, 04:48:10 PM »

Body of 2 year old at Disney has been recovered.

I know we joked earlier, but this is pretty sad. That father will now replay that moment forever... wondering what he could have done differently. As in grabbing the boy. Not the "no swimming" part.
Whip out his concealed Glock 23 and shoot the damned thing? Realize that Florida is gator country and assume the reason for no-swimming signs is because there might be gators? Stop buying into the mistaken notion that humans are at the top of the food chain? Stop believing that the cosmos is a friendly and welcoming place where all animals van live in harmony?

All great ideas for the rational thinkers, but I think you know what I'm saying... Having him just slip out of your hand.

Disney will most certainly end up paying... and probably put up more signs, and boundaries, and probably some walls, and have a gator sniper etc, etc. All in the name of a false sense of security, which I believe you were referring.  ;)
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/15/2016
« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2016, 04:50:25 PM »

Body of 2 year old at Disney has been recovered.

I know we joked earlier, but this is pretty sad. That father will now replay that moment forever... wondering what he could have done differently. As in grabbing the boy. Not the "no swimming" part.
Whip out his concealed Glock 23 and shoot the damned thing? Realize that Florida is gator country and assume the reason for no-swimming signs is because there might be gators? Stop buying into the mistaken notion that humans are at the top of the food chain? Stop believing that the cosmos is a friendly and welcoming place where all animals van live in harmony?
I don't know how you can talk that way and still be allowed to live in Washington State.  Perplexed that TexDave harbors the same attitude yet lives and works in Austin.  His head should have exploded long before now.

Really. He's supposed to be outraged! According to the demographic, anyway.

« Reply #232 on: June 15, 2016, 04:51:13 PM »

Body of 2 year old at Disney has been recovered.

I know we joked earlier, but this is pretty sad. That father will now replay that moment forever... wondering what he could have done differently. As in grabbing the boy. Not the "no swimming" part.
Whip out his concealed Glock 23 and shoot the damned thing? Realize that Florida is gator country and assume the reason for no-swimming signs is because there might be gators? Stop buying into the mistaken notion that humans are at the top of the food chain? Stop believing that the cosmos is a friendly and welcoming place where all animals van live in harmony?

All great ideas for the rational thinkers, but I think you know what I'm saying... Having him just slip out of your hand.
That's a horror I don't even want to think about.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/15/2016
« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2016, 04:53:42 PM »

Well, the 'ol clock on the wall and such... Think I will join TxDave and partake in a smoke and beverage this evening. See yinz later

« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2016, 04:54:29 PM »

Body of 2 year old at Disney has been recovered.

I know we joked earlier, but this is pretty sad. That father will now replay that moment forever... wondering what he could have done differently. As in grabbing the boy. Not the "no swimming" part.
Whip out his concealed Glock 23 and shoot the damned thing? Realize that Florida is gator country and assume the reason for no-swimming signs is because there might be gators? Stop buying into the mistaken notion that humans are at the top of the food chain? Stop believing that the cosmos is a friendly and welcoming place where all animals van live in harmony?
I don't know how you can talk that way and still be allowed to live in Washington State.  Perplexed that TexDave harbors the same attitude yet lives and works in Austin.  His head should have exploded long before now.
I'm only in Washington because my family is here. I intend to retire to Montana and winter in Arizona...and own submachine guns.

« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2016, 05:23:58 PM »

Body of 2 year old at Disney has been recovered.

I know we joked earlier, but this is pretty sad. That father will now replay that moment forever... wondering what he could have done differently. As in grabbing the boy. Not the "no swimming" part.
Oh very sad, the entire family will suffer forever over this.

« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2016, 05:27:59 PM »

Body of 2 year old at Disney has been recovered.

I know we joked earlier, but this is pretty sad. That father will now replay that moment forever... wondering what he could have done differently. As in grabbing the boy. Not the "no swimming" part.
Whip out his concealed Glock 23 and shoot the damned thing? Realize that Florida is gator country and assume the reason for no-swimming signs is because there might be gators? Stop buying into the mistaken notion that humans are at the top of the food chain? Stop believing that the cosmos is a friendly and welcoming place where all animals van live in harmony?
I don't know how you can talk that way and still be allowed to live in Washington State.  Perplexed that TexDave harbors the same attitude yet lives and works in Austin.  His head should have exploded long before now.
For what little it offers I don't actually live in Austin, just too close to it but being downtown everyday tests every bit of self control I have.  Will not be here long after retiring !

« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2016, 05:29:26 PM »

Diesel Lancero lit, very small ring gauge.  Must be like a 34 or 35.

« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2016, 05:30:21 PM »

Body of 2 year old at Disney has been recovered.

I know we joked earlier, but this is pretty sad. That father will now replay that moment forever... wondering what he could have done differently. As in grabbing the boy. Not the "no swimming" part.
Oh very sad, the entire family will suffer forever over this.
True, but ultimately, it's the same a getting hit by lightning....tragic, but an unfortunate natural reality.  Terrible lost for the family, but Fuk all the internet experts that seem to either blame the family or Disney....all friggin' aholes.

« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2016, 05:34:03 PM »

Cooling down some heat index is only 106 now ::)
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19