CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: 5/23/2016  (Read 15152 times)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
Re: 5/23/2016
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2016, 04:24:03 PM »

Thank you for another great appointment you made here O'bummer!

VA secretary: Disney doesn't measure wait times, so why should VA?

Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert McDonald on Monday compared the length of time veterans wait to receive health care at the VA to the length of time people wait for rides at Disneyland, and said his agency shouldn't use wait times as a measure of success because Disney doesn't either.

"When you got to Disney, do they measure the number of hours you wait in line? Or what's important? What's important is, what's your satisfaction with the experience?" McDonald said Monday during a Christian Science Monitor breakfast with reporters. "And what I would like to move to, eventually, is that kind of measure."
not many people died while waiting to go on space mountain.  there is a difference between a ride
and having a need to see a doctor, because of a medical condition.   There should be no bonus structure for the VA,
if they can't see to patients in a timely manner.  Rigging the stats, by not scheduling patients, so wait times aren't
obvious sucks, and they should be given jail time for cooking the books.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2016, 04:25:27 PM »

Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert McDonald on Monday compared the length of time veterans wait to receive health care at the VA to the length of time people wait for rides at Disneyland, and said his agency shouldn't use wait times as a measure of success because Disney doesn't either.

"When you got to Disney, do they measure the number of hours you wait in line? Or what's important? What's important is, what's your satisfaction with the experience?" McDonald said Monday during a Christian Science Monitor breakfast with reporters. "And what I would like to move to, eventually, is that kind of measure."
Fukkin' Mickey Mouse azz hat!  Customer satisfaction with healthcare.  SHEESH!
Where do they find these people?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2016, 04:55:14 PM »

Damn, I need a nap
I need a drink.
Next best thing, coffee and a Rm 101 SA.
LA 31 Dark Roasted Ale and a Hair of the Dog

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2016, 05:10:10 PM »

Great News for Tony and Travellin Dave:

'Fixer Upper' fans are going crazy over Joanna's announcement

WACO, Texas – If you’re a fan of the HGTV show ‘Fixer Upper’ then you already know Joanna Gaines love for designs on TV.

The problem is homeowners have to live in the Waco, Texas area in order to be considered for a home makeover – until now.

“With season 3 over, and a ways to go until season 4, I thought it would be fun to host a monthly giveaway where I can redesign a living room or bedroom in your home from right here in Waco, TX!” Gaines posted.
Lol, the travelin' man, as well.
::)
I figgered you would like to have Joanna "redesign" your bedroom at the White Whale Inn.
I do like the crown of her molding.
Indeed, she could do me a little ship lap as well.
It would be the guest bedroom, mine is just fine.
Yeah, I don't think the skinny lap would be appropriate for you.
Probably right... :-[

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2016, 05:13:27 PM »

Damn, I need a nap
I need a drink.
Next best thing, coffee and a Rm 101 SA.
I liked them...still have a few stragglers I think in manageable sizes.  Only ones left out on the market are those 808 (6.0 x 60) logs.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2016, 05:16:27 PM »

Dumb ass doesn't know the VA and doesn't know Disney either.  Disney constantly measures it's wait times and publishes them on display boards and now APPs for people to know what they are in for.  Bet they don't offer Fast Passes for the VA either!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2016, 05:58:33 PM »

Dumb ass doesn't know the VA and doesn't know Disney either.  Disney constantly measures it's wait times and publishes them on display boards and now APPs for people to know what they are in for.  Bet they don't offer Fast Passes for the VA either!
I think he is more douchebag than dumb ass.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2016, 06:01:19 PM »

Free Shipping over $49 at Holts and $5 Shipping at Atlantic with free over $99.

Threebean

« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2016, 06:23:00 PM »

I think he is more douchebag than dumb ass.
Equal measure of both. Likely his chief qualification for the job was being the best Obummer ass-kisser at the time.

Threebean

« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2016, 06:27:30 PM »

85 deg, 76 dew point, feels like 94.  Sheesh.  Thanks, Obama!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2016, 06:54:00 PM »

We have a VA lull or what? 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2016, 06:54:25 PM »

Still on page 10?!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2016, 06:55:12 PM »

After some lobster Mac & Cheese, sitting down to a Tat Pudgy Face and a cold beverage.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2016, 06:58:36 PM »

After some lobster Mac & Cheese, sitting down to a Tat Pudgy Face and a cold beverage.
Now that is a damn nice way to wrap up the day!

Pork steaks, field peas, new potatoes and cornbread cooking here.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #149 on: May 23, 2016, 07:18:05 PM »

Now that is a damn nice way to wrap up the day!

Pork steaks, field peas, new potatoes and cornbread cooking here.
Mmm… some cornbread.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11