Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

« Reply #300 on: July 29, 2014, 03:15:06 PM »

Attention 3d!

Warm Water Sparks Flesh-Eating Disease Warning in Florida
Florida isn’t the only state to report Vibrio vulnificus infections. Alabama, Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi have also recorded cases, and a 2013 outbreak linked to contaminated shellfish sickened at least 104 people in 13 states, according to the CDC.
But that is from salt water.  You also have an ameboa, Nigleria fowlerii in fresh water that enters through the nose and proceeds to kill you by eating your brain.  Thought to occur only in the deep south where water can maintain a temperature of 80 degrees, but there have been cases in Minnesota as well.
should be fairly safe, not an abundance of brains in Minnesota.
Well, there's Oy.....oh,.... never mind, you're right.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #301 on: July 29, 2014, 03:16:32 PM »

Douche bag says a douche bag says Hazzuh!                                                                                                             Hazzuh!
LMBAO!

I can practically taste that PB porter.  Hope it's good.  Also, they use the same font on their label as Ballast Point.  So there's that.
PB is the dominant flavor...delicious

Sounds like a nice mix of all the others.  Higher ABV than the Belching Beaver, more Peanut Butter than the Mother Earth.
A little less sweet than Sweet Baby Jesus and fuller than Terrapin Liquid Bliss (Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter), both of which are worthy alternatives.

Have you had the Belching Beaver?  If not I'll bring ya a bottle when you're out here.  It's very sweet and peanut buttery, but it has an oddly low ABV (5.3% ABV).  More PB flavor than the Mother Earth but the lower ABV makes it tough to justify drinking all that stout beer.  If I'm gonna drink that many calories may as well feel a bit of a buzz.
Beer that is sweet and taste like PB. just don't sound good to me at all . I want my beer to taste like beer.

All I can say is that I used to feel the same way.

« Reply #302 on: July 29, 2014, 03:16:34 PM »

[...]

Yes, thanks, I've had the Beaver.

« Reply #303 on: July 29, 2014, 03:17:50 PM »

I can't believe Dean has not brought this to our attention and it appears LSU left it off the early morning update too.

NATIONAL CHICKEN WING DAY
CELEBRATED ANNUALLY ON JULY 29

The only chicken wings I have ever eaten have come from Popeyes Fried chicken, not much to celebrate I am afraid.

Geez, Chip, live a little!  I love me some Buffalo Wild Wings...
What can I say, the warden doesn't let me out much. Maybe one day I will try a fancy wing dinner.

We actually make our own and use the BWW sauces.  I do miss wings from the east coast, though, where every bar/restaurant had their own and they were all good.  People don't do wings out here.
but our Mexican food is hit or miss.  Unless you think Taco bell is good.  Just like Dominoes isn't good pizza.
Dominoe's isn't pizza period.  Then again, it made Tom Monaghan enough money to build his own town in south Florida (Ave Maria)
I got Mexican food out the gazoo here with everything from the best to the worst but no wings to amount to anything  so we just cook them at home best we can, smoke them and pretty good but definitely the East Coast has it on the wings.  Tried a Buffalo Wild Wings and that is enough to make you hate wings, tried Hooters and that is enough to make you hate Tits!!  We also are limited on good pizza here but a couple of decent places.  Had some sort of pizza in a place in Charleston last trip that was cooked in a $100,000 brick oven that was sure enough good.  Agree Domino's is not even pizza.

« Reply #304 on: July 29, 2014, 03:18:14 PM »

[...]

Same here, gotta try it
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #305 on: July 29, 2014, 03:18:20 PM »

I love the news coming out that Cleveland WR Josh Gordon "barely" tested positive for drugs.  You either did or you didn't.  http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8282/josh-gordon

« Reply #306 on: July 29, 2014, 03:18:45 PM »

[...]

'Till we broadened Joe's horizons.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #307 on: July 29, 2014, 03:19:18 PM »

[...]

No problem, I'll just buy a bottle and drink it myself, then.

« Reply #308 on: July 29, 2014, 03:19:33 PM »

Attention 3d!

Warm Water Sparks Flesh-Eating Disease Warning in Florida
Florida isn’t the only state to report Vibrio vulnificus infections. Alabama, Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi have also recorded cases, and a 2013 outbreak linked to contaminated shellfish sickened at least 104 people in 13 states, according to the CDC.
But that is from salt water.  You also have an ameboa, Nigleria fowlerii in fresh water that enters through the nose and proceeds to kill you by eating your brain.  Thought to occur only in the deep south where water can maintain a temperature of 80 degrees, but there have been cases in Minnesota as well.
da beads, da beads!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #309 on: July 29, 2014, 03:19:49 PM »

[...]

Indeed.  I never drank beer much at all until you practically lived here for two months.

« Reply #310 on: July 29, 2014, 03:20:41 PM »

Why the heck are Bueso's and ashtray back up on the jam????
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #311 on: July 29, 2014, 03:25:23 PM »

Why the heck are Bueso's and ashtray back up on the jam????

CI site not working?  Weird.

« Reply #312 on: July 29, 2014, 03:30:56 PM »

[...]

Many years ago, before most any people had ever heard, about "buffalo wings", my younger sister came home after her first or 2nd year at the University of buffalo.  she had us saving the chicken wings from whole chickens in the freezer.  she deep fried these wings for about 12 - 16 minutes, just the wings no breading.  In the mean time we we doing three other things. melting a stick of butter in a saucepan, and adding a bottle of Franks hot sauce.  cutting up celery and carrot stick, and making a real good blue cheese dressing.  wings come out of the pot, and dried on paper towels, than tossed into a big covered bowl with the hot/butter sauce, and then shaken for about a minute.  wings were placed on a platter, served with the celery and blue cheese dressing.  We were taught that it was important to dip the wings into the blue cheese dressing, and to restore sanity to our mouths, occasionally have a blue cheese dipped piece of celery or carrot.  We thought she was nuts. This was 1979 or 1980 or so.  after a few meals like this, we went out a bought an electric deep fat fryer. now you have the secret to making authentic buffalo wings.  some folks add some ketchup to the sauce to reduce the heat.

« Reply #313 on: July 29, 2014, 03:32:09 PM »

Why the heck are Bueso's and ashtray back up on the jam????
did they hit 30, it's about repeat time....

« Reply #314 on: July 29, 2014, 03:32:12 PM »

[...]

+3 and by the way, it does taste like beer.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24