CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: 4/11/2016  (Read 15131 times)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
Re: 4/11/2016
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2016, 12:52:36 PM »

I really love Mondays.
going out island hopping later.
MB3 robusto and coffee watching the birds and squirrels empty my feeders.

GFY
I'm sure the day will come where you wake up on a Monday morning, no alarm, no meeting, no job, no traveling, nothing pressing to attend to, and you'll say to yourself, "Mondays aren't so bad after all".
Yea, but in truth, they are not Mondays....they are just "the next day" so it doesn't really count.
6 Saturdays and a Sunday.
"Every night is a Saturday night and every morning is Sunday" Brother Dave Gardner.
What is this, MundaneQuoteMonday?

"it is what it is."  ::)
Can I buy a comma?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2016, 01:10:35 PM »

I really love Mondays.

GFY
I'm sure the day will come where you wake up on a Monday morning, no alarm, no meeting, no job, no traveling, nothing pressing to attend to, and you'll say to yourself, "Mondays aren't so bad after all".
Yea, but in truth, they are not Mondays....they are just "the next day" so it doesn't really count.
"Every night is a Saturday night and every morning is Sunday" Brother Dave Gardner.

"it is what it is."  ::)
Can I buy a comma?

If that's what you wanna spend your money on.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2016, 01:12:50 PM »

What's up, fellas? Slow Monday here. Much appreciated change after the previous few weeks.
Afternoon Steve, Mike

Howdy, Scott. You back down to your playin' weight yet? If not, Dan Marino has a solution...  ;)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2016, 01:22:33 PM »

Anybody use Restaurant.Com?
Apparently the warden signed into something, and now I'm getting daily emails. Some of the gift card deals look really good... almost too good to be true. So, that's why I was asking.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2016, 01:27:55 PM »

Apparently the warden signed into something, and now I'm getting daily emails. Some of the gift card deals look really good... almost too good to be true. So, that's why I was asking.
Read the small print and proceed slowly.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2016, 01:29:40 PM »

Hey Steve and Flip!

Afternoon, Dave... they let you back in the country?  :P
I didn't ask permission.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2016, 01:39:08 PM »

I really love Mondays.

GFY
We could always delve into the Hitchhikers Guide....

“Funny,” he intoned funereally, “how just when you think life can’t possibly get any worse it suddenly does.”

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

The last ever dolphin message was misinterpreted as a surprisingly sophisticated attempt to do a double-backwards-somersault through a hoop whilst whistling the ‘Star Spangled Banner’, but in fact the message was this: So long and thanks for all the fish.

The chances of finding out what’s really going on in the universe are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied.

It is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

“Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.”

Protect me from knowing what I don’t need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don’t know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2016, 01:41:14 PM »

I have had varying degrees of success and failure. knowing the fine print on the deal is crucial.
say to get $25 off, some places have a minimum spend of $37.50 to $50.  is is always recommended that you
tip your server on the undiscounted value of the bill, since they did that much work.  Most places happy to take them. may not be good for every night of the week or holidays(fine print).  some times they are for two or 4 people. went to a new restaurant, with a 4 person coupon, with only 3 people, we ordered apps entrees, dessert and drinks, and our bill for 3 was much higher than the average coupon cutter, but they wouldn't let us use it, since we were short
one person(as opposed to being a short person!).  I have used them on vacation, and locally. Occasionally they run a $5 sale, you can get a $25 off coupon for $5.  I stock up then. they appear immediately in your account, and you can print them off.  there usually is a time limit to use them, and if the place stops taking them, or goes out of business, they tell you to log in, get the credit back and pick another place.  I have some that are over a year old, and I don't expect to have any problem using them, anytime soon.  turned in some ones I bought for Tennessee, and got Jersey ones last year.

sfish

« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2016, 01:47:39 PM »

What's up, fellas? Slow Monday here. Much appreciated change after the previous few weeks.
Afternoon Steve, Mike

Howdy, Scott. You back down to your playin' weight yet? If not, Dan Marino has a solution...  ;)
No, been a rough month with my back, then illness. This is all bullshit, but I'm down 10 lbs. Just need a healthy month.

My back reacted poorly to the month of treadmill, no more of that so once I feel better it's eliptical time

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2016, 01:50:52 PM »

Afternoon Steve, Mike

No, been a rough month with my back, then illness. This is all bullshit, but I'm down 10 lbs. Just need a healthy month.

My back reacted poorly to the month of treadmill, no more of that so once I feel better it's eliptical time
most people use their feet on the treadmill, didn't you get an instructional video?  8)

sfish

« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2016, 02:06:02 PM »

Afternoon Steve, Mike

most people use their feet on the treadmill, didn't you get an instructional video?  8)
I'll have to revisit my technique

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2016, 02:08:04 PM »

I did notice the min. purchase disclaimer(s) and some are location specific for chains, but other than having short turn expiration's, I thought some could be a good value... especially for 4 people.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2016, 02:19:15 PM »

I have had varying degrees of success and failure. knowing the fine print on the deal is crucial.
say to get $25 off, some places have a minimum spend of $37.50 to $50.  is is always recommended that you
tip your server on the undiscounted value of the bill, since they did that much work.  Most places happy to take them. may not be good for every night of the week or holidays(fine print).  some times they are for two or 4 people. went to a new restaurant, with a 4 person coupon, with only 3 people, we ordered apps entrees, dessert and drinks, and our bill for 3 was much higher than the average coupon cutter, but they wouldn't let us use it, since we were short
one person(as opposed to being a short person!).  I have used them on vacation, and locally. Occasionally they run a $5 sale, you can get a $25 off coupon for $5.  I stock up then. they appear immediately in your account, and you can print them off.  there usually is a time limit to use them, and if the place stops taking them, or goes out of business, they tell you to log in, get the credit back and pick another place.  I have some that are over a year old, and I don't expect to have any problem using them, anytime soon.  turned in some ones I bought for Tennessee, and got Jersey ones last year.

There was something like the $5/$25 deal going when I got the first email. Today, there is a spend $20, get $50 freebie. I may give this a try. There are quite a few places we frequent on the deals list. We are already use Gift Card Granny and  similar sites with good success. Thanks for your feedback.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2016, 02:21:37 PM »

Afternoon Steve, Mike

I guess the operation didn't do too much but help the daily pain then? Was/is it a herniated disc issue?

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2016, 02:44:28 PM »

Afternoon Steve, Mike

I'll have to revisit my technique
TWSS - cheap shot but it adds to the post count.  Trying to catch up with CCB.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11