Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/9/2016
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2016, 01:10:26 PM »

My wife woke me up again with the same 'ol broken recorded, "My cars broke...!"  NOW WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH IT...???  When I turn on the wipers, my headlights won't automatically come on...  Let me get the mother fricking book out again...!  "The headlights automatically come on when the wipers are used several times within a certain number of intervals with the headlight switch in AUTO.  So, how many intervals did the wiper blades wipe before you noticed this problem...?  What...?  Me, "you drove home with the wipers on and the headlights never came on, right...?"  No, I just turned them on and back off to see if the lights would come on...  Me, "just turn the lights off of auto and turn them off and on manually like your old car, because you don't now how to operate automatic...!" Wife, "but I like automatic..."  Well, I don't like automatic because it's driving me nuts...  Just put the lights on auto and forget about it.  The car knows what it's doing.  So if the car says, "drive home in the fricking dark, drive home in the dark, because it's daytime...!"  I can't believe I paid so much money to have such a big pain in the ass when there's nothing really wrong...  Let me have my cigar and just shoot me now...

« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2016, 01:13:44 PM »

Good (St. Louis time) morning everyone.  I'm just lurking a little while trying to answer my neglected e-mails...
Good "morning", BD.
Howdy Tony.....  We're waiting for the snow to start around 3 p.m.  A couple of weekends ago I mentioned that it rained for 3 days.  It turned out to have dumped 9" to 10" of rain and caused all that flooding.  I just wonder if it had been cold enough, how much snow that would have been....?

I think 1" of rain is about 10" of snow. So you'd have been looking at about 8 feet of snow. Sheesh.

« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2016, 01:16:02 PM »

[...]
Next time she finds something broken, send her back to the dealership and let them handle it.

« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2016, 01:34:04 PM »

[...]
I agree with that one. Although I also enjoy reading your stories. So I have a bit of a dilemma.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/9/2016
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2016, 01:47:31 PM »

[...]
No kidding....  I'm not sure I could be so cruel to a car dealer.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/9/2016
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2016, 01:53:14 PM »

Did you ever go to your humidor and know what you were going to select, but another cigar jumps up and takes it's place...?  That just happened to me.  I went to select a recently purchased Aging Room M356 Rondo that I've been wanting to try, and a Rocky Patel American Market jumped up and into my hand.  I tried to put it back, but it refused to go.  Sorta weird, huh..?
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/9/2016
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2016, 02:02:43 PM »

Well, the cigar is cut.  The anti-wife candles are lit.  And now maybe a little box of wine to go with it.  bbl.

« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2016, 02:05:05 PM »

[...]
You ain't kidding, dilemma. Choot him, or hear the stories. Hmmm...

Morning muchachos.

« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2016, 02:06:49 PM »

Did you ever go to your humidor and know what you were going to select, but another cigar jumps up and takes it's place...?  That just happened to me.  I went to select a recently purchased Aging Room M356 Rondo that I've been wanting to try, and a Rocky Patel American Market jumped up and into my hand.  I tried to put it back, but it refused to go.  Sorta weird, huh..?
Best check that humidor carefully. You may have a really out-of-hand case of beetles.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 1/9/2016
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2016, 02:32:56 PM »

Did you ever go to your humidor and know what you were going to select, but another cigar jumps up and takes it's place...?  That just happened to me.  I went to select a recently purchased Aging Room M356 Rondo that I've been wanting to try, and a Rocky Patel American Market jumped up and into my hand.  I tried to put it back, but it refused to go.  Sorta weird, huh..?
Best check that humidor carefully. You may have a really out-of-hand case of beetles.

« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2016, 02:48:16 PM »

Hola, Bret.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/9/2016
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2016, 03:44:15 PM »

Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/9/2016
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2016, 03:52:04 PM »

Well, the cigar is cut.  The anti-wife candles are lit.  And now maybe a little box of wine to go with it.  bbl.
The RP American wasn't a very good choice.  It was relaxing, but not much on flavors.  Except in the last 3rd, which had sort of a lovely petroleum taste.  Last year I rated them as, "I'd like to have a few in my humidor."  But this last 5 pack I bought, I'm going to rerate them as, "The firing squad all chipped in and bought you this cigar.  So, go stand over there and smoke it."

« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2016, 03:56:22 PM »

Well, the cigar is cut.  The anti-wife candles are lit.  And now maybe a little box of wine to go with it.  bbl.
The RP American wasn't a very good choice.  It was relaxing, but not much on flavors.  Except in the last 3rd, which had sort of a lovely petroleum taste.  Last year I rated them as, "I'd like to have a few in my humidor."  But this last 5 pack I bought, I'm going to rerate them as, "The firing squad all chipped in and bought you this cigar.  So, go stand over there and smoke it."

Sorry that happened. I find RPs to be inconsistent. The good news is that you still have that Aging Room in the humi, ready to go.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/9/2016
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2016, 04:07:19 PM »

Well, the cigar is cut.  The anti-wife candles are lit.  And now maybe a little box of wine to go with it.  bbl.
The RP American wasn't a very good choice.  It was relaxing, but not much on flavors.  Except in the last 3rd, which had sort of a lovely petroleum taste.  Last year I rated them as, "I'd like to have a few in my humidor."  But this last 5 pack I bought, I'm going to rerate them as, "The firing squad all chipped in and bought you this cigar.  So, go stand over there and smoke it."

Sorry that happened. I find RPs to be inconsistent. The good news is that you still have that Aging Room in the humi, ready to go.
I haven't had an Aging Room yet, so I'm looking forward to it.  The anti-wife candles seem to be working pretty good.  My wife grabbed a couple of discontinued odor eliminating candles for $2 each and they seem to be doing a decent job.