CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: 1/9/2016  (Read 21057 times)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/9/2016
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2016, 01:10:26 PM »

My wife woke me up again with the same 'ol broken recorded, "My cars broke...!"  NOW WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH IT...???  When I turn on the wipers, my headlights won't automatically come on...  Let me get the mother fricking book out again...!  "The headlights automatically come on when the wipers are used several times within a certain number of intervals with the headlight switch in AUTO.  So, how many intervals did the wiper blades wipe before you noticed this problem...?  What...?  Me, "you drove home with the wipers on and the headlights never came on, right...?"  No, I just turned them on and back off to see if the lights would come on...  Me, "just turn the lights off of auto and turn them off and on manually like your old car, because you don't now how to operate automatic...!" Wife, "but I like automatic..."  Well, I don't like automatic because it's driving me nuts...  Just put the lights on auto and forget about it.  The car knows what it's doing.  So if the car says, "drive home in the fricking dark, drive home in the dark, because it's daytime...!"  I can't believe I paid so much money to have such a big pain in the ass when there's nothing really wrong...  Let me have my cigar and just shoot me now...

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2016, 01:13:44 PM »

Good (St. Louis time) morning everyone.  I'm just lurking a little while trying to answer my neglected e-mails...
Good "morning", BD.
Howdy Tony.....  We're waiting for the snow to start around 3 p.m.  A couple of weekends ago I mentioned that it rained for 3 days.  It turned out to have dumped 9" to 10" of rain and caused all that flooding.  I just wonder if it had been cold enough, how much snow that would have been....?

I think 1" of rain is about 10" of snow. So you'd have been looking at about 8 feet of snow. Sheesh.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2016, 01:16:02 PM »

My wife woke me up again with the same 'ol broken recorded, "My cars broke...!"  NOW WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH IT...???  When I turn on the wipers, my headlights won't automatically come on...  Let me get the mother fricking book out again...!  "The headlights automatically come on when the wipers are used several times within a certain number of intervals with the headlight switch in AUTO.  So, how many intervals did the wiper blades wipe before you noticed this problem...?  What...?  Me, "you drove home with the wipers on and the headlights never came on, right...?"  No, I just turned them on and back off to see if the lights would come on...  Me, "just turn the lights off of auto and turn them off and on manually like your old car, because you don't now how to operate automatic...!" Wife, "but I like automatic..."  Well, I don't like automatic because it's driving me nuts...  Just put the lights on auto and forget about it.  The car knows what it's doing.  So if the car says, "drive home in the fricking dark, drive home in the dark, because it's daytime...!"  I can't believe I paid so much money to have such a big pain in the ass when there's nothing really wrong...  Let me have my cigar and just shoot me now...
Next time she finds something broken, send her back to the dealership and let them handle it.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2016, 01:34:04 PM »

Next time she finds something broken, send her back to the dealership and let them handle it.
I agree with that one. Although I also enjoy reading your stories. So I have a bit of a dilemma.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2016, 01:47:31 PM »

No kidding....  I'm not sure I could be so cruel to a car dealer.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2016, 01:53:14 PM »

Did you ever go to your humidor and know what you were going to select, but another cigar jumps up and takes it's place...?  That just happened to me.  I went to select a recently purchased Aging Room M356 Rondo that I've been wanting to try, and a Rocky Patel American Market jumped up and into my hand.  I tried to put it back, but it refused to go.  Sorta weird, huh..?

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2016, 02:02:43 PM »

Well, the cigar is cut.  The anti-wife candles are lit.  And now maybe a little box of wine to go with it.  bbl.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2016, 02:05:05 PM »

I agree with that one. Although I also enjoy reading your stories. So I have a bit of a dilemma.
You ain't kidding, dilemma. Choot him, or hear the stories. Hmmm...

Morning muchachos.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2016, 02:06:49 PM »

Did you ever go to your humidor and know what you were going to select, but another cigar jumps up and takes it's place...?  That just happened to me.  I went to select a recently purchased Aging Room M356 Rondo that I've been wanting to try, and a Rocky Patel American Market jumped up and into my hand.  I tried to put it back, but it refused to go.  Sorta weird, huh..?
Best check that humidor carefully. You may have a really out-of-hand case of beetles.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2016, 02:32:56 PM »

Best check that humidor carefully. You may have a really out-of-hand case of beetles.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2016, 02:48:16 PM »

Hola, Bret.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2016, 03:44:15 PM »

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2016, 03:52:04 PM »

Well, the cigar is cut.  The anti-wife candles are lit.  And now maybe a little box of wine to go with it.  bbl.
The RP American wasn't a very good choice.  It was relaxing, but not much on flavors.  Except in the last 3rd, which had sort of a lovely petroleum taste.  Last year I rated them as, "I'd like to have a few in my humidor."  But this last 5 pack I bought, I'm going to rerate them as, "The firing squad all chipped in and bought you this cigar.  So, go stand over there and smoke it."

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2016, 03:56:22 PM »

The RP American wasn't a very good choice.  It was relaxing, but not much on flavors.  Except in the last 3rd, which had sort of a lovely petroleum taste.  Last year I rated them as, "I'd like to have a few in my humidor."  But this last 5 pack I bought, I'm going to rerate them as, "The firing squad all chipped in and bought you this cigar.  So, go stand over there and smoke it."

Sorry that happened. I find RPs to be inconsistent. The good news is that you still have that Aging Room in the humi, ready to go.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2016, 04:07:19 PM »

Sorry that happened. I find RPs to be inconsistent. The good news is that you still have that Aging Room in the humi, ready to go.
I haven't had an Aging Room yet, so I'm looking forward to it.  The anti-wife candles seem to be working pretty good.  My wife grabbed a couple of discontinued odor eliminating candles for $2 each and they seem to be doing a decent job.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15